• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Do we believe this is one of the abilities that is limited to table, though? If so, that precludes Nin from having done that, but it could have been one of his corhorts at Table 2.

Camjo-Z

Can you elaborate on this a bit? You are saying at least one of them is scum because they are too sensible? There is no room in this game for two sensible persons?

I don't have much of a read on either, but it feels like they're being very safe. Being sensible is nice and all, but when that's my main impression it feels like it could be an act to stay out of the spotlight.

what ty4on said basically

Burbeting/Fireblend - Frankly, these look like dead ends to me. They read like townies to me. You guys are basically saying your reasoning against them is “they’re a little too townie”. I’m not buying that as solid evidence of anything. I will support a lynch over a no lynch, no matter what, so I’ll lynch them if it comes down to the line. I’m just not getting a scum read off of either of them.

Terrabyte20xx - My top town at the moment. I think his role claim makes sense and it’s rather risky, so I’ll believe him for now.
Not going to lie to you Launch, your continued defense and deflection for Fireblend is pretty suspicious. I realize it could be a simple "I really think he is town", but first you tie a vote and then push others to move the vote away from Fireblend, and this on top just seems weird. I already dont really buy the switcher thing; I cant imagine that scum target a seat with their NK, or many other roles for that matter, so an invisible switch before the main switch just seems redundant, but also provides an invisible power to role claim.

As for Terrabyte, I am not entirely sure I believe the claim. Firstly there was no reason to come out with it. In a random group of 20 odd people being placed in a limited number of seats, someone not moving isnt exactly a statistical oddity. I also have reason to doubt his report, but I cant verify it without outing another player.

nin1000

Banned
Burbeting/Fireblend - Frankly, these look like dead ends to me. They read like townies to me. You guys are basically saying your reasoning against them is “they’re a little too townie”. I’m not buying that as solid evidence of anything. I will support a lynch over a no lynch, no matter what, so I’ll lynch them if it comes down to the line. I’m just not getting a scum read off of either of them.
Oh, thanks. Guess we should stop asking questions about them then. Glad we have you launch.

Ty4on

Xam... I think you missed the point on the suspicious person is in those posts.
Why would Time reveal his role or his partner's role like that? From Time it also sounds like a power that is not discovered by the victim until they're dead. Xam claimed to be noticed because someone gave him a drink and didn't subtly poison his.

I made a lot of noise off of something similar IV VI, but a power like a poisoner in a game with this fluff doesn't seem like a hard thing to imagine.

Why would Time reveal his role or his partner's role like that? From Time it also sounds like a power that is not discovered by the victim until they're dead. Xam claimed to be noticed because someone gave him a drink and didn't subtly poison his.

I made a lot of noise off of something similar IV VI, but a power like a poisoner in a game with this fluff doesn't seem like a hard thing to imagine.

Holy crap was my post really that difficult to understand?

I am casting doubts upon Xam's assertion that he was given a drink, when two separate posters had previously speculated on Day 1 on such a role existing in the game. While it it possibly a coincidence, it reads more to me like someone (read: Xam) using previous discussion as a smoke screen and "look, I must be town because someone targetted me" as we have seen in previous games. (See: Batman where Scum used their vote steal power on Scum)

Goddamn, this shade being thrown.

Not going to lie to you Launch, your continued defense and deflection for Fireblend is pretty suspicious. I realize it could be a simple "I really think he is town", but first you tie a vote and then push others to move the vote away from Fireblend, and this on top just seems weird. I already dont really buy the switcher thing; I cant imagine that scum target a seat with their NK, or many other roles for that matter, so an invisible switch before the main switch just seems redundant, but also provides an invisible power to role claim.

As for Terrabyte, I am not entirely sure I believe the claim. Firstly there was no reason to come out with it. In a random group of 20 odd people being placed in a limited number of seats, someone not moving isnt exactly a statistical oddity. I also have reason to doubt his report, but I cant verify it without outing another player.

I didn't even remember I told someone specifically to take their vote off Fireblend until just now. Take it as you will. I'm not dismissing either of those players, just that they've done nothing to warrant my suspicions.

Oh, thanks. Guess we should stop asking questions about them then. Glad we have you launch.

lol Nin you're so full of shit. You ask people to post, but you have nothing to say yourself. I make a post, you give me sarcasm for sharing my opinion .

Camjo-Z

I am casting doubts upon Xam's assertion that he was given a drink, when two separate posters had previously speculated on Day 1 on such a role existing in the game. While it it possibly a coincidence, it reads more to me like someone (read: Xam) using previous discussion as a smoke screen and "look, I must be town because someone targetted me" as we have seen in previous games. (See: Batman where Scum used their vote steal power on Scum)

Somebody claiming they got poisoned seems like a problem that'll resolve itself TBH.

Dude
The main reason I brought up the drink is because I think I'm going to die some point in this day phase
Though, might not be today, but likely sometime tonight or maybe even tomorrow night.
Also
When did I ever use me being given a drink as saying I was town at any point

lol you didn't have to spell it out. I was trying to bait Xam info talking more about it.

Somebody claiming they got poisoned seems like a problem that'll resolve itself TBH.

Unless it's a 20 day phase poison.

Given the post above, I am going to say Xam is a scummy fuck who has no idea what he's doing.

lol you didn't have to spell it out. I was trying to bait Xam info talking more about it.

Unless it's a 20 day phase poison.

Given the post above, I am going to say Xam is a scummy fuck who has no idea what he's doing.
That statement is wrong
I'm not a scummy fuck
But I do indeed have absolutely no idea what I'm doing

We do not honestly even know what the "drink" does. It could kill him, sure, that would be the most likely answer and I suspect the one we are supposed to believe. It wouldnt be impossible to come up with alternatives, but as right now I actually doubt it happened, I thought it worth mentioning.

Ty4on

Ahhh

But if he is scum, wouldn't it make sense to claim something like that because scum has a role like that? If he is the only one poisoned and no poisoner flips we're going to be very suspicious of Xam if he stays alive.

We do not honestly even know what the "drink" does. It could kill him, sure, that would be the most likely answer and I suspect the one we are supposed to believe. It wouldnt be impossible to come up with alternatives, but as right now I actually doubt it happened, I thought it worth mentioning.
I think it's a Day Kill, as a callback to the Day Kill in Gafia 1.
It might not be, though, as we're fairly far into the Day and I'm still fine.

If you say I am full of shit I throw that right back at you. And I disagree with you that's why I say you are wrong.

That's quite the backtrack.

You want more of my opinion? You know something you shouldn't know and you're having trouble keeping it in your pants.

nin1000

Banned
That's quite the backtrack.

You want more of my opinion? You know something you shouldn't know and you're having trouble keeping it in your pants.
I would love to hear more from you. Not even joking right now. And no, trust me if I knew something I post it.

Ahhh

But if he is scum, wouldn't it make sense to claim something like that because scum has a role like that? If he is the only one poisoned and no poisoner flips we're going to be very suspicious of Xam if he stays alive.
Only if people remember he posted it at all. I completely forgot until I did a read through again.

I think it's a Day Kill, as a callback to the Day Kill in Gafia 1.
It might not be, though, as we're fairly far into the Day and I'm still fine.
I admit to not having read Gafia 1, so if it is a reference, it went right over my head.

Do we have a current votecount? For some reason it doesnt work for me on mobile.

nin1000

Banned
Not if the only way you could have gotten that information was from your scum partners.
LOL. Yes that's true I will have to agree on that part. The only way of me knowing something would be if I was with scum. I will reveal something for you then.
I am not fucking scum you monkey

Kalor

Weird that he didn't reply.

I meant to reply earlier but didn't have the time to finish it.

I think that the mistake itself is genuine but to me that doesn't point as being town or scum purely because I've done the same thing as scum before. Make a mistake and then quickly try to recover from it and fumble a bit more in the process. It's not a strong reason to vote for someone but it's better to have a vote on someone that you mildly suspect than not have a vote at all.

nin1000

Banned
OK back to logic now. Launch since you are here I would like to hear your thoughts on this issue issue or observation I have.

Since you claimed to have only scrambled table 2. We could trace back am action that would have occurred on that special table. If we believe the common thought that : night actions - > retro scramble. Right?

OK back to logic now. Launch since you are here I would like to hear your thoughts on this issue issue or observation I have.

Since you claimed to have only scrambled table 2. We could trace back am action that would have occurred on that special table. If we believe the common thought that : night actions - > retro scramble. Right?

You could trace back the actions if you had a lot of information, I suppose?

RetroMG

"Say, who is keeping these charts updated?"
"I don't know, but he must be really strong and handsome and smart."
"Especially since people keep changing their clothes!"
"What a guy!"

The map has been updated to reflect the change from Hyperactivity to Camjo-Z, and to reflect RobotNinjaHornet's new avatar

Current votes:

nin1000 (3)
xamtheking 762 (842)
launchpadmcq 773
kalor 868
xamtheking 950 (961)
xamtheking 972

kalor (2)
roytheone 876
ty4on 947

weemadarthur (2)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805
scraftydevil 883

scraftydevil (2)
fireblend 637
weemadarthur 881

hyperactivity (1)
burbeting 614
xamtheking 842 (865)

fireblend (1)
robotninjahornets 808

salvapot (1)
terrabyte20xx 830

absolutbro (1)
ourobolus 863

burbeting (1)
nin1000 915

terrabyte20xx (0)
czartim 629 (802)

robotninjahornets (0)
scraftydevil 851 (883)

timeaisis (0)
xamtheking 961 (972)

The following players do not currently have a vote in place:
AbsolutBro
Bronx-man
BananaSpacePrincess
Camjo-Z
Salvapot
Timeaisis

Time remaining in Day 2:
gra_1462032000.png

37. Rapidly changing your avatars to constantly force me to update the map will result in modkills.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I can understand launch wanting to lynch me but you? Hmm. I will have to back down and rethink my strategy then.

? Why Salva, out of curiousity?

I am leaning towards Xam or Fireblend myself.
Both are for the same reason: throwing shade without any proof of conviction of their suspicion, and replying to suspicion held towards them by sarcasm and willingly ingore the opportunity to enhance discussion.

I will admit that Nin is trying harder though.

Top Bottom