• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May U.S. Primaries |OT| Glory to America

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't give a shit when Bernie drops out as long as it definitely happens in the second or third week of June.

June 15th, after everyone's voice is heard? Get out.

Maxim726X

The game is over, no rethinking anything. Drop out and support Clinton that is the only move.

He doesn't care about the party, and he knows he can't win. He wants his message to resonate as long as possible.

Staying in as long as possible is a victory as far as he is concerned at this point.

You know the one thing about this political season is that it shows that there is still some element of democracy and and the people's voice even if it means people are choosing a buffoon.

Because there's no way the republican party would have forced this man into the place of the nomination. The people did that. And while he's awful, it's kind of a sign that the system for electing even the president does kind of work as intended?

Square2015

You have a poor understanding of politics if you think the Republicans are going to kick Trump out of the convention now. The field is now only him and Kasich, and Kasich never got half the votes Cruz did. The establishment won't support Kasich and they won't bring in someone who conceded or didn't get a single vote. Doing that would tear their party apart, and unlike the numerous Sanders supporters here, the RNC knows political strategy.
No they will kick Trump out AT the convention. this will be an election for the history books.
There will be so many protests from now until the convention against Trump (and also within his own party) that people will demand someone different. As the primaries continue it will look less and less viable for Kasich as that alternative. Even Limbaugh has thrown around the idea of reviving Jeb. This is an election where I believe the establishment will win out (unfortunately).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I don't give a shit when Bernie drops out as long as it definitely happens in the second or third week of June.

June 15th, after everyone's voice is heard? Get out.

Not if he continues these attacks.

chadskin

Chk05anWMAAA_bp.jpg

Miles X

No they will kick Trump out AT the convention. this will be an election for the history books.
There will be so many protests from now until the convention against Trump (and also amongst his own party) that people will demand someone different. As the primaries continue it will look less and less viable for Kasich as that alternative. Even Limbaugh has thrown around the idea of reviving Jeb. This is an election where I believe the establishment will win out (unfortunately).

Please, just stop.

Edit - Oh man, Trump is stealing Hillary's lines "We're gonna love each other"

I'm hoping he rethinks his strategy moving forward, now that the Republicans have their nominee.
I mean, it is true that Sanders has said on numerous occasions that he'll do everything he can to help Democrats stop Trump. I want to believe that and see absolutely no reason why he would lie about something like that, especially since there were no conditions to that statement and they were his own words. Since Trump is the de-facto Republican nominee now and will be shifting focus to Democrats and Hillary, now's the time to put those words into action.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So what's the likelihood Sanders goes third party? Because it's a very, very scary thought.

I seriously hope that he's not that delusional/selfish I want to believe that he understands how doing this would absolutely FUCK the country. It's scary to think about.

Don talking about one beautiful loving country like he wasn't just saying he was running cats out a month ago.

Fake Edit: Not even acknowledging Kasich's existence

royalan

So what's the likelihood Sanders goes third party? Because it's a very, very scary thought.

Very low.

But how will Hillary's campaign hold up to both Trump and Bernie going scorched earth on her for potentially the next two months? I don't want to think about it.

Iolo

Bernie needs to turn his megarallies to attacking the fuck out of Trump, not Clinton. He's not going to win, if his goal is to demonstrate support for his policies he's done so and can continue to do so, but it's time to get real.

Xe4

Banned
Maybe the political junkies watching Trump talk on fox livestreams while quipping about it on internet forums know his platform. The lady working the night shift to feed her children in Montana probably doesn't. She's got other things to focus on. Shouldn't she have the opportunity to inform herself and have her say too?

No, because it's a nomination process, not an informational one. That's the reason candidates drop out, either because the math doesn't work, or to help the party. Both are true for Sanders. If the nomination were about informing people, candidates wouldn't drop out.

If this speech by Trump is his idea of "GE pivot", Hillary has an even easier chance in November than I thought possible. His half-assed attempts at "seeming presidential" are cringe inducing.

dramatis

Exactly

He has said, many, many times that he will not.

Likelihood is next to zero.
The thing is, the primaries will still happen and there will still be his name on the ballot or a write-in box even if he drops out.

So it's not like people's voices aren't being heard. They can still vote for Bernie Sanders even if he drops out.

Bernie dropping out does not smother the voice of the people. Your argument doesn't work.

Crud

Banned
Maybe the political junkies watching Trump talk on fox livestreams while quipping about it on internet forums know his platform. The lady working the night shift to feed her children in Montana probably doesn't. She's got other things to focus on. Shouldn't she have the opportunity to inform herself and have her say too?

I just can't buy that at this point, its over. The information is out there that person can read it at anytime does not take long to figure out where Sanders stands on the issue. A visit to his website you can learn about it all in a couple of hours. Hes never going to become the nominee.

He doesn't care about the party, and he knows he can't win. He wants his message to resonate as long as possible.

Staying in as long as possible is a victory as far as he is concerned at this point.

That is not a victory in any sense what so ever. He knows that.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
How God damn embarrassing to have Trump of all people talk about uniting the Republican Party thanks to Cruz dropping out, yet on the democratic side... :/

Ryoku

PoliGAF staying weird as always. Bernie is helping Trump by staying in the race? What?.... What?

I don't want to take stances here because politics are inherently divisive, but..... what?

Damaniel

Banned

Pretty much zero. He might not enthusiastically endorse Hillary (and he might not even endorse her at all), but he's made it pretty clear that keeping Republicans out of the White House is one of his most important goals.

Bernie needs to turn his megarallies to attacking the fuck out of Trump, not Clinton. He's not going to win, if his goal is to demonstrate support for his policies he's done so and can continue to do so, but it's time to get real.

He has been doing that plenty at his rallies.

NYR

I really liked Trump's victory speech here. I will likely get hate but I was impressed.

Crocodile

You know that if Sanders were to drop out and endorse Clinton that he doesn't disappear from the Earth right? He still gets to speak :p

Anyway, the issue is that he literally has to stop attacking Clinton COMPLETELY (Trump has been blatantly taking his attack lines) and has to VIGOROUSLY speak in her favor and makes sure people are open to voting for her. All this shit about "contested convention" and "maybe its laundering maybe it isn't" and "ZOMG transcripts" have to stop NOW.

Merc_

So I guess at this point Trump is just going to hang back and try to play up the Hillary/Bernie divide. It shouldn't be too hard for him to leech some support from the angry Bernie supporters since a portion of them don't care at all about Bernie's actual policies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
PoliGAF staying weird as always. Bernie is helping Trump by staying in the race? What?.... What?

I don't want to take stances here because politics are inherently divisive, but..... what?

He's throwing the punches at Hillary and Trump isn't having to. I don't understand how it's difficult to comprehend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom