• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Burb is leaning town to me.

You are a null read. Sometimes you seem town, others it feels like coasting from your previous claim.

That's fair. Unfortunately for me, my role is hard to confirm, but I think you'll see I'm town in due time.

For now, I'm returning to either Kalor or AB for today. What are you guys' thoughts?

nin1000

Banned
You really think I would swap my vote from Salva to weemad, and ask for weemad to be lynched, if I was scum?

No, but i want to leave every option open. You are a good player and that could bite us in the ass. At the moment i do not think you are scum but the option still remains Bear.

Burbeting

Banned
Claims so far:

Launchpad - Claims 1-shot table scrambler, power works during night, but command is sent during the day. Affects 1 table of Launch's choosing. Flavor is ScraftyDevil, power or alignment hasn't been proven yet.

Xamtheking - Claims 2-shot table scrambler, power works during day. Affects both tables. Flavor is SalvaPot, power is proven, alignment is not.

Bronx-man - Claims gossip chat host, affects the two people sitting next to him. Flavor is Burbeting, power is proven, alignment is most likely town due to Scrafty checking him N1.

Terrabyte - Claims motion detector, is informed if there is acitivity in the seats next to him, but won't know if someone is targeting, or is being targeted. So far power or alignment is not proven. Can't remember if he claimed flavor.

nin1000 - Claims the same power, Ultron as flavor. Power nor alignment isn't proven so far.

Kalor - Claims even night commuter. Xamtheking as flavor. Power nor alignment isn't proben.

--

Also:
Xamtheking & CzarTim claims being given a drink, n1 and n2 respectably. We don't know what the drink does so far.

Roytheone & Ourobolus claim to have been doused, n1 and n2 respectably. Seems to be connected to an arsonist, but we don't know for sure.

Oh, almost forgot

UNVOTE

meaning that those other suspects are faar more important for my money than you kalor atm.
As much as I enjoy not really being the focus, theres not much to go on with just movement. I doubt we are at a point where mass claim is a good idea

These gambits are getting out of hand.
Thank you, genuinely, for the laugh.

That's fair. Unfortunately for me, my role is hard to confirm, but I think you'll see I'm town in due time.

For now, I'm returning to either Kalor or AB for today. What are you guys' thoughts?
Out of curiousity, why are you so sure Tim isnt the arsonist?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Claims so far:

Launchpad - Claims 1-shot table scrambler, power works during night, but command is sent during the day. Affects 1 table of Launch's choosing. Flavor is ScraftyDevil, power or alignment hasn't been proven yet.

Xamtheking - Claims 2-shot table scrambler, power works during day. Affects both tables. Flavor is SalvaPot, power is proven, alignment is not.

Bronx-man - Claims gossip chat host, affects the two people sitting next to him. Flavor is Burbeting, power is proven, alignment is most likely town due to Scrafty checking him N1.

Terrabyte - Claims motion detector, is informed if there is acitivity in the seats next to him, but won't know if someone is targeting, or is being targeted. So far power or alignment is not proven. Can't remember if he claimed flavor.

nin1000 - Claims the same power, Ultron as flavor. Power nor alignment isn't proven so far.

Kalor - Claims even night commuter. Xamtheking as flavor. Power nor alignment isn't proben.

--

Also:
Xamtheking & CzarTim claims being given a drink, n1 and n2 respectably. We don't know what the drink does so far.

Roytheone & Ourobolus claim to have been doused, n1 and n2 respectably. Seems to be connected to an arsonist, but we don't know for sure.
My flavor is Roytheone, Night Owl

nin1000

Banned
I will follow my gut today. Same reason as yesterday. With time and Burbeting either being a target or someone who performed an Action. My gut tells me I am right on me the money this time.

Vote:Burbeting

Burbeting

Banned
Let's play the numbers game for a second.

I'm going to assume that there is 4 scum alive, and that there is an arsonist and a drink giver as neutrals. This is all just assumptions.

01. AbsolutBro [m]
02. Bronx-man [m] - Claims gossip chat
03. BananaSpacePrincess [f]
04. Burbeting [m]
05. Camjo-Z [m]
06. CzarTim [m]
07. Fireblend [m]
08. Kalor [m] - Claims Commuter
09. LaunchpadMcQ [m] - Claims Scrambler
10. Nin1000 [m] - Claims motion detector
11. Ourobolus [m]
12. RobotNinjaHornets [m]
13. Roytheone [m]
14. Salvapot [m]
15. Terrabyte20xx [m] - Claims motion detector
16. Timeaisis [m]
17. Ty4on [m]
18. Xamtheking [m]- Claims table scrambler

When I drop all of the claims, and myself out, the list looks like this:

01. AbsolutBro [m] - Likely Arsonist
03. BananaSpacePrincess [f]
05. Camjo-Z [m]
06. CzarTim [m] - Likely Arsonist
07. Fireblend [m]
11. Ourobolus [m]
12. RobotNinjaHornets [m]
13. Roytheone [m]
14. Salvapot [m]
16. Timeaisis [m]
17. Ty4on [m]

I'm assuming that Kalor is scum, so that would leave us 3 Scum, 1 arsonist and 1 possible drink giver. 5 Non-town folk in that list of 11 players. Obviously you others should put me into that list/remove yourselves if you know you are town.

Is there a reason I should be?
He is an option and has been at both tables? If youre asking if I have reason to believe its him all I can offer is that it is down to him, me or you. You have claimed and I know it isnt me. Technically either of our douse-ees could also be the arsonist if he has to self immolate, but that is less likely.

Tim is usually cheekier when he has something to hide. That's the first of my gut read.
Whereas my SW -> DR games with him show the opposite. As town in SW he was posting and hunting a lot. In DR he was scum and showed up primarily to distract or hunt for information.

Burbeting

Banned
I will follow my gut today. Same reason as yesterday. With time and Burbeting either being a target or someone who performed an Action. My gut tells me I am right on me the money this time.

The only thing I can say that I didn't move on the first night, there is not much else to it.

nin1000

Banned
The only thing I can say that I didn't move on the first night, there is not much else to it.
It was a coin toss between you or time tbh and looking at the other players it won't be of much impact today but at least we can clear something up if either of you gets taken out.

Nin, your ability right now is as useful as knowing these players underwear color. Anyone could have targeted them and produced a result for you.

He is an option and has been at both tables? If youre asking if I have reason to believe its him all I can offer is that it is down to him, me or you. You have claimed and I know it isnt me. Technically either of our douse-ees could also be the arsonist if he has to self immolate, but that is less likely.

Whereas my SW -> DR games with him show the opposite. As town in SW he was posting and hunting a lot. In DR he was scum and showed up primarily to distract or hunt for information.

Ok, make the case against Tim then. It's not me, seriously. I'm sure there's at least one PR that can confirm I'm telling the truth. You're the only one talking right now, so you've got control of the conversation.

Ok, make the case against Tim then. It's not me, seriously. I'm sure there's at least one PR that can confirm I'm telling the truth. You're the only one talking right now, so you've got control of the conversation.

Sadly I pretty much already have. Given the short list of possible arsonists, knowing I am not the arsonist, if you arent Tim has to be. I could claim, but you have no reason to believe me and I have no way to prove it with Scrafty dead. Beat I can literally do is "nu-uh"

RetroMG

Current votes:

kalor (3)
burbeting 1288 (1486)
xamtheking 1469 (1499)
burbeting 1513
xamtheking 1535 (1768)
roytheone 1665
nin1000 1691 (1895)
timeaisis 1756

absolutbro (3)
czartim 1373
ourobolus 1481 (1546)
ourobolus 1550 (1597)
ourobolus 1606
launchpadmcq 1677 (1920)
xamtheking 1768

ourobolus (3)
burbeting 1486 (1513)
fireblend 1670
camjo-z 1695
salvapot 1748

czartim (2)
absolutbro 1625
launchpadmcq 1920

robotninjahornets (1)
salvapot 1442 (1506)
salvapot 1654 (1748)
kalor 1673

burbeting (1)
nin1000 1913

xamtheking (0)
kalor 1429 (1673)
timeaisis 1497 (1615)
xamtheking 1499 (1535)
salvapot 1506 (1635)
ourobolus 1546 (1550)
absolutbro 1554 (1625)
launchpadmcq 1585 (1636)
ourobolus 1597 (1606)

The following players do not have an active vote:
Bronx-man
BananaSpacePrincess
RobotNinjaHornets
Terrabyte20xx
Ty4on

Ourobolus

Banned
I swear to god I can't go to sleep without someone roleclaiming by the time I wake up.

Ok, so nin and Terra now are both Motion Detectors, and nin claims Ultron87 and Terra claims Roytheone.

I don't think it's that suspicious, though while it's possible that scum has a motion detector, AC (like Terra mentioned) had like...three (I think?) of them on Town's side.

Anyway, look, AB. I totally understand that it could be you OR Tim. Tim's been rather aloof to me, which seems like a really odd tactic to take if you are the arsonist (and it's Tim, I would think he would know better or be more involved trying to dissuade us from this line of thinking).

What's striking me as really odd is that Tim must have known how precarious his role is if it's limited by a table. He would have seen that things would come down to this in this phase, even. Why would he up and disappear suddenly?

Burbeting

Banned
What's striking me as really odd is that Tim must have known how precarious his role is if it's limited by a table. He would have seen that things would come down to this in this phase, even. Why would he up and disappear suddenly?

Tbh, that feels a bit too muh WIFOM to me.

Burbeting

Banned
When I say that, I mean that whoever arsonist is, propably wasn't expecting xam to be able to claim a role that was as easily provable as his role was. Arsonist could have tried to bet on town lynching Xam. So we can't really pinpoint Tim's actions to "oh arsonist wouldn't do that".

I can't really say for sure which one of the two is more likely arsonit, to be honest.

nin1000

Banned
When I say that, I mean that whoever arsonist is, propably wasn't expecting xam to be able to claim a role that was as easily provable as his role was. Arsonist could have tried to bet on town lynching Xam. So we can't really pinpoint Tim's actions to "oh arsonist wouldn't do that".

I can't really say for sure which one of the two is more likely arsonit, to be honest.

And if both happen to be town?

Fireblend

Banned
I'm not thrilled with hunting for the arsonist, which is why I have my vote on Ouro. There's no way I'm voting Tim right now after how hard he went after Weemad yesterday. I don't think an arsonist would scum-hunt so actively. If I was forced to vote for a likely arsonist, it'd be AB. Kalor is another decent lynch candidate, but I feel like Ouro is more threatening in that he's good at shaping discussion.

Anyway, look, AB. I totally understand that it could be you OR Tim. Tim's been rather aloof to me, which seems like a really odd tactic to take if you are the arsonist (and it's Tim, I would think he would know better or be more involved trying to dissuade us from this line of thinking).

I always have to laugh at this line of reasoning. "Oh Tim would know better, but you? You're just an idiot." lol I know you dont mean it that way, but thats the way it comes across. :p

Incidentally, the last time this was used against me was Princesses, where everyone was soooo convinced Darryl would NEVER do something like fake claim something that wasnt on the safe list.

We saw how that worked out, didnt we?

Ourobolus

Banned
I always have to laugh at this line of reasoning. "Oh Tim would know better, but you? You're just an idiot." lol I know you dont mean it that way, but thats the way it comes across. :p

Incidentally, the last time this was used against me was Princesses, where everyone was soooo convinced Darryl would NEVER do something like fake claim something that wasnt on the safe list.

We saw how that worked out, didnt we?

At the end of the day, AB, I don't have any hard feelings against you.
Also I could totally see Darryl doing that.
As can I see every damn person in Election doing it. ;_;

Burbeting

Banned
And if both happen to be town?

Then either:

a) It's Launch or Xam, both have claimed another role
b) Arsonist is not tied to targeting the table they are sitting on.

I'm afraid of the second possibility, because in that case today will be wasted for all those people who keep chasing the arsonist.

Remember that one time I finally got an important role and CornBurrito had to go and post in the wrong chat, so I had to leave because I had 2 of the mafia names on day 1?

Good times. :|

Ourobolus

Banned
Then either:

a) It's Launch or Xam, both have claimed another role
b) Arsonist is not tied to targeting the table they are sitting on.

I'm afraid of the second possibility, because in that case today will be wasted for all those people who keep chasing the arsonist.

I don't think it is Xam. The fire alarm seems like too much, but...you never know.
Launch, on the other hand, I'm slightly less sure of. He reads town to me, but unless we have confirmation that something happened on N1 that wasn't supposed to happen, then I don't know.

Here's what we don't know:
The targeting properties of the arsonist
Here's what we do know:
Lynching scum is generally good for town.

Do you guys really think I'd put my ass in the wind like this on day 1? I've done fake roleclaims before, but they were mostly unconvincing and terrible.

Burbeting

Banned
Here's what we don't know:
The targeting properties of the arsonist
Here's what we do know:
Lynching scum is generally good for town.

IF Kalor is scum, it'll interesting to see in retrospect how many of the scum tried today to re-direct the discussion from him to lynching the arsonist.

Ourobolus

Banned
What if Arsonist is not limited by the table? We already know some roles are not.

I'm not saying it isn't possible. But I don't think it's the case. Scrafty's role, for instance, wasn't table specific, but it still had a condition in it that made it slightly different from a normal cop.
My gut feeling is that dousing is table-specific, and igniting can happen from anywhere.

Ourobolus

Banned
Do you guys really think I'd put my ass in the wind like this on day 1? I've done fake roleclaims before, but they were mostly unconvincing and terrible.

To be perfectly honest, I think you are telling the truth. I don't have any reason to not believe you, I just don't have any proof.

Burbeting

Banned
I have to admit that if I had to lynch either of the arsonist candidates, I'd go for Tim right now due to his unhelpfulness to the town and the game as a whole.

Top Bottom