• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
@Haly, you seem to have misunderstood my point in post 201 if you think it was about post counts. It was not.
You had come out with a post tracking participants, but it was bad. A third of it was wrong. I challenged the value of it, and you went to correct it. The corrected post took into account the fact that magnumboy had JUST posted, which was surprisingly accurate compared to your previous efforts. It seemed plausible that you knew he was about to post, due to discussion elsewhere.

???????????????

You took issue with the accuracy of my activity count. When I take extra effort to make sure my corrected tally is accurate you say that's suspect. Okay, but hypothetically speaking, if I missed magnumboy what would you have done? Went in harder on accusing me of muddling post counts? Because that's what I expected and wanted to avoid.

Like, damned if I do, damned if I don't. I'm pretty frustrated right now and this is the kind of thing that makes me suspicious of you because you're just going in on me with the barest amount of critical thinking and grasping at any straw you can find. Squidy's reasoning is clear and concise. Yours is just haphazard.

Grab your family and head on down to historic Oedon Chapel, one of the Greatest and Oldest buildings in all of Yharnam.
After a solemn walk through its hallowed cemetery, the fun begins inside. Marvel at the antique library full of records of saints and miracles. Umbasa!
Stay the night in the prayer area, where it's said you can still hear whispers of heroes from an age gone by who were laid to rest deep within the chapel.
Creeped out by the old statues and sculptures? Worry not, for Oedon offers a special Kids Night where we'll be sure to cater to all of your small ones' needs.
Of course, a night at Oedon isn't complete without a tour courtesy of one of Yharnam's most knowledgeable figures. Enjoy yourself while learning of our town's storied history at the same time!
In times of strife and hardship, Oedon Chapel was the safest place in all of Yharnam where one could lay their head without a hint of danger, and that hospitable quality still persists nowadays.
Good times abound, only at Oedon Chapel! But
N҉e҉v҉e҉r҉ ҉f҉o҉r҉g҉e҉t҉:҉
҉E҉v҉e҉r҉y҉ ҉m҉a҉n҉ ҉h҉a҉s҉ ҉h҉i҉s҉ ҉b҉r҉e҉a҉k҉i҉n҉g҉ ҉p҉o҉i҉n҉t҉

The nightmare swirls and churns unending. 27.5 hours remain.

mickd (0)
camjo-z 96 (129)

roytheone (1)
palmer_v1 98

camjo-z (1)
squidyj 99 (215)
haly 132 (229)
mickd 231

freakinchair (3)
haly 104 (132)
kristoffer 125 (155)
roytheone 284
hobohodo 296
kristoffer 298

haly (3)
weemadarthur 114
squidyj 215 (327)
flatearthpandas 234
verelios 269
kristoffer 271 (289)

ri'orius (2)
seath 120 (261)
freakinchair 205
squidyj 327 (381)
seath 344

kristoffer (3)
ezekelrage 127
zippedpinhead 144 (153)
haly 229
kalor 347

ii-vanguard-ii (0)
ri'orius 128 (335)
seath 261 (331)

no lynch (1)
camjo-z 129
ri'orius 335 (335)

hobohodo (1)
zippedpinhead 153
kristoffer 155 (271)
kristoffer 289 (298)

seath (0)
never forever 176 (266)
seath 331 (344)

never forever (0)
magnumboy20xx 198 (250)

nudull (0)
hobohodo 232 (296)

johnnyquicknives (0)
kalor 244 (347)

rynam (1)
magnumboy20xx 250

zippedpinhead (0)
never forever 266 (364)

weemadarthur (1)
ri'orius 335

flatearthpandas (1)
never forever 364

palmer_v1 (1)
squidyj 381

Haly

Really, explain to me your thought process here.

"Hm, haly is messing up his activitycounts, better call him out on this!"

*moments later*

"Hm, haly ISN'T messing up his activity counts, better call him out on this!"

What even is this?

Kalor

Really, explain to me your thought process here.

"Hm, haly is messing up his activitycounts, better call him out on this!"

*moments later*

"Hm, haly ISN'T messing up his activity counts, better call him out on this!"

What even is this?

I can understand them mentioning that your list is wrong but then weemad jumps to tying you and Magnum together with your corrected list.

squidyj

hmmmm, yeah I feel pretty uneasy about palmer and kris right now. Palmer is apparently too busy not giving a shit about this game so can someone maybe argue on his behalf as to why he shouldn't be on the chopping block today?

You took issue with the accuracy of my activity count. When I take extra effort to make sure my corrected tally is accurate you say that's suspect. Okay, but hypothetically speaking, if I missed magnumboy what would you have done? Went in harder on accusing me of muddling post counts? Because that's what I expected and wanted to avoid.

Like, damned if I do, damned if I don't. I'm pretty frustrated right now and this is the kind of thing that makes me suspicious of you because you're just going in on me with the barest amount of critical thinking and grasping at any straw you can find. Squidy's reasoning is clear and concise. Yours is just haphazard.

Hypothetically if you had missed a post that was really recent, I would have assumed you were still typing and hadn't refreshed the page. I wouldn't have even mentioned it.

I have been attempting to decide whether your inaccurate posts could be indicative of alignment. It's plausible that you could be town, and tend to make errors. Or you could be scum, and posting incorrect data and hoping town just accepts it.

So, I've been watching both your reactions, and whether anyone comes out to support you/redirect the conversation. My previous post talks about reactions from caught scum, and now that we're getting to the home stretch of the day phase, I'm seeing redirection from others.

Frankly, your OMGUS scum list didn't help me feel better about you. You and Freakinchair both seem to be reacting emotionally to all the discussion. Just because someone thinks you could be Mafia doesn't mean THEY are. Not sure that's because of alignment, I continue to consider it.

hmmmm, yeah I feel pretty uneasy about palmer and kris right now. Palmer is apparently too busy not giving a shit about this game so can someone maybe argue on his behalf as to why he shouldn't be on the chopping block today?

My only problem with them is that they're too outspoken. Would a scum actually put himself out there like that? Make themselves a target? Possibly.. I guess... but this does give scum a good opportunity to start a bandwagon against an easy target if he's town.

More connections!

Squidyj is anti-Palmer. Does he know something?

Squidyj is deflecting my crictism of Chair without drawing attention to it. Tenuous connection?

Chair chimes in again immediately after to express agreement. Doesn't go after me directly, but tries to plant the seeds of doubt. Proof of collusion?

A Chair lynch would be extraordinarily informative today. I don't think we've ever had such a good Day One in Gafia history.

I can understand them mentioning that your list is wrong but then weemad jumps to tying you and Magnum together with your corrected list.

It was a thought. Perhaps it was an unconvincing one. What thoughts have you provided? I cannot remember any.

So far, I have tended to agree with posts made by squidy, hobo, and johnnyquicknives. They have brought up good points so I remember that they have participated.

Palmer and kristoffer and rynam are on my watch list. Two for dropping in long enough to refuse to participate, and kristoffer for the constant vote buying.

I would not vote for:
4 noobs. Even if vanguard doesn't ever post on day one. They get a pass.
Seath. I forgot who said it can help to remove seath, but it disregarded the percentages. Seath always plays in the same manner, so it's hard to read alignment off the gameplay. But scum makes up 20-25% of any game, meaning there's a 75-80% chance of seath NOT being scum. The numbers don't support a policy lynch.

Everyone else is fair game in my eyes.

@kristoffer Your attempts to rally votes like some sort of lobbyist is weird to me. Do you have a comment on the behavior?
I'm trying a new strategy of personally lobbying players because it's more persuasive. I'm in this to win, so if I feel strongly about people, I'm going to let that be known.

You said Freakinchair is reacting emotionally to discussion. I agree! What's your read on him?

squidyj

My only problem with them is that they're too outspoken. Would a scum actually put himself out there like that? Make themselves a target? Possibly.. I guess... but this does give scum a good opportunity to start a bandwagon against an easy target if he's town.

I would like you to justify the position that palmer is quite outspoken.

I'm trying a new strategy of personally lobbying players because it's more persuasive. I'm in this to win, so if I feel strongly about people, I'm going to let that be known.

You said Freakinchair is reacting emotionally to discussion. I agree! What's your read on him?

You look weird with your new strategy. But I'll put it mentally in the category of "player gambit" and set it aside as a tell, and also not interfere with it.

My read on chair is about 10% town. Might have been 30% if not for that post suggesting Palmer has been contributing.

Can ppl list the one person they think we should lynch and what information can be gained by their lynch?

Obviously Kris for me due to things reasons:
Honestly although the vote on Kris was a joke, I'm really leaning towards him now.

- "From my role pm" - This is teh biggest thing for me probably. Goes out of his way to make it seem like he is directly quoting his role pm. Why would he do that and risk breaking a rule? Also, he couldve easily just pointed to the pm in the op.

- Immediately trying to throw suspicion on Roy

- Wondering if the thing between him and Zipped is a cover for two scum.
-Adding to that. Really wants to get rid of the low activity/quiet players over anything else. Acting like scum couldn't be 90% activish players or something.

- After being called out about the interactions with Zipped, embraces it in more obviously in later posts. Possibly wanted ppl to think "So obvious it can't be scum!"

-His flip would shed some light on the friendly nature of him and zipped. Would also let us know whether all the vote hopping was genuine or just scum looking active. His only defense to the Zipped stuff is "If I was mafia I would avoid any connections".

-Would shed some like on Never? It seems NF put his vote on Zipped out of the K/Z/H triangle, when it seems Kris was the main one behind the Hobo thing.

-The breadcrumbing is weird.

-When ppl starting calling out how weird it was for him to go after Hobo, he claimed "it was a ruse". Shortly after reading a post from zipped he changes his vote back to Hobo saying he was following his guts all along.

What happened to the ruse?

-His flip could shed some light on the ppl who str8 didn't saying anything about the triangle or wanted to brush it off.
=============
So, most to gain from a Kriss lynch imo.

Verelios

I feel that currently, there are alliances (teams?), or maybe that's just a diversion. Voting for any of the people deflecting from others would give more information, and I'm keeping an eye on two people as they feel suspicious.

So we just passed Gascoigne or whatever the spelling is.

Are we going to just not talk about the apparent unique game mechanic we have going on here?

Kalor

Are we going to just not talk about the apparent unique game mechanic we have going on here?

Personally I'm willing to pass it off as flavor until we have a more solid idea about what it could be. If it was once every day phase I could see it tying into roles but I doubt it changes elements of roles multiple times a day. Although they were both roughly posted at the same time so at least it's consistent.

When I think about it I can't even think about what it might effect. Each post is progressing through the game so some roles might change or come into effect once we reach the more Lovecraftian elements?

roytheone

I don't think it's just flavor, but I also have no idea what it could be, so anything would just be baseless speculation. I also haven't played the game, so I can't look at the source material to speculate with.

roytheone

BTW, since there is apparently a part in the game where the tone changes, can people that have played the game give a general indication how far we are from that point after every new post of scrafty?

Verelios

What two people?
Freakinchair and Palmer. It's not as if they have a majority vote or are being bandwagoned by everyone, and it's the first day so most votes aren't concretely locked in. Their ardent defense is just iffy. Especially occurring in the early phases of the day, why are others so quick to defend themyself from accusations?

That's my bad - I was associating his name with a squidy_j's avatar for some reason. Looking at my post it actually makes no sense. My point still stands for kristoff though - I think he either needs to lynch his target or wants to become lynched but I don't think he would be scum.

squidyj

BTW, since there is apparently a part in the game where the tone changes, can people that have played the game give a general indication how far we are from that point after every new post of scrafty?

there are two points sort of, the first one is kind of minor and is I guess 3 bosses away.
Then there's at most 3 bosses after that and then we get the big one. It's more likely to be 2 bosses because 1 boss is significantly tougher so....

Bloodletting Beast
Witches of Hemwick
Vicar Amelia < World changes to night, Also, the DLC becomes available at this point
Amygdala
Martyr Logarius (out of the way side area, tough boss if you go for it immediately)
Shadow of Yharnam
Rom, the Vacuous Spider < Rips away the illusion hiding the ritual, we can all see amygdalas everywhere and it completely changes an area, this is the one to watch out for
Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos
The One Reborn
Micolash (lol)
Mergo's Wetnurse
Gehrman, The First Hunter
Moon Presence

Eileen the Crow is a hunter of hunters in the game, the player works with her but if you fuck up the quest she turns hostile and spouts a bunch of nasty stuff about how much she hates hunters. Could easily be a neutral SK, have some interaction with an insanity mechanic

There's also Alfred, disciple of Logarius who is another NPC for the Executioners covenant and all he wants in life is to 'kill' the queen of the Vilebloods, who happens to be immortal but if you get him to where she is he'll use his wheel weapon to grind her up into bits of flesh. So maybe a hated? and perhaps some sort of immunity mechanic on our vileblood girl?

Nudull

Banned
Awfully sorry I haven't spoken much, the past day or so (birthday and all). People are bringing up some good points about Kris, Chair and Palmer, though like Weemadarthur, I'd continue watching and see what else they do first.

For now, though...

Vote: Kristoffer

E3 conferences start during our day end time.

GAF hasn't completely gone down for E3 for a couple of years, but the slowdown can be significant. Just a thought, here to help.

Palmer_v1

My only defense for now, and it's not even a defense as much as a dismissal, is that you guys know damn well I can blend as scum/neutral. I'm mostly offended that anyone could think I'd ever play that badly. Feels vaguely like Election so far, where one accuser was just dumb, and the other was scum.

So if town wants to self-sabotage and go after me on D1, feel free.

You'll get no role claims from me today, and if it helps prevent other reactive role claims, I'm alright with it.

I'm mostly concerned with anyone who is seriously pushing to lynch a new person today. Partly because that's a fucking dick move, and partly because it's the kind of bullshit scum and neutrals will push for.

Palmer_v1

I've been very outspoken about specific things today, i.e. my intent to ignore this game the majority of Day 1 because Day 1 is hot garbage. I just haven't been actively pushing people towards my own agenda.

That's my bad - I was associating his name with a squidy_j's avatar for some reason. Looking at my post it actually makes no sense. My point still stands for kristoff though - I think he either needs to lynch his target or wants to become lynched but I don't think he would be scum.
Every post you write makes less sense than the last.

squidyj

My only defense for now, and it's not even a defense as much as a dismissal, is that you guys know damn well I can blend as scum/neutral. I'm mostly offended that anyone could think I'd ever play that badly. Feels vaguely like Election so far, where one accuser was just dumb, and the other was scum.

So if town wants to self-sabotage and go after me on D1, feel free.

You'll get no role claims from me today, and if it helps prevent other reactive role claims, I'm alright with it.

I'm mostly concerned with anyone who is seriously pushing to lynch a new person today. Partly because that's a fucking dick move, and partly because it's the kind of bullshit scum and neutrals will push for.

so there's this chicken, and this egg and then there's this fact that there's no reason to believe you're town for your actions.

Palmer_v1

so there's this chicken, and this egg and then there's this fact that there's no reason to believe you're town for your actions.

So far I've voted for Roy, complained about D1, defended newbies, suggested spreading votes out instead of bandwagoning, and tried to convince people to not shit the bed with their roles(ordinary or otherwise).

If you just want me lynched for inactivity, so be it. I'm pretty much always in favor of voting for inactives.

Every post you write makes less sense than the last.

From your first post and on:

Momentum.

Vote: Freakinchair

I will remove this vote if necessary. I agree with Palmer that there's no reason to unnecessarily speed up the day phase but we can all agree we definitely need to lynch Day 1.

Seath is as hilarious as I remember him.

Seath, I'd like to personally lobby you to vote for Hobohodo. As you hold no preference, this change costs you nothing, and I also think I have a relatively compelling reason to vote for him. If you do, I'll vote whichever way you do for Day 2. In addition, I promise you 3 million blood echoes.

I don't like how hard people are thinking about this. All this analyzing of camjo is meaningless. The votes on Haly are well founded but probably a dead end. On day one, you've gotta go with your gut.

And my gut says Hobohodo is pure evil.

It was a ruse. I just wanted to see what fires this would light.

Unvote: Hobohodo
Vote: Haly

Oh, man, you're right. Here I was just talking about how we need to go with out our gut, and now I'm letting people talk me away from it? So I can forget my gut instinct?

We're holding the line, Zipped.

Vote: Hobohodo

No hobos allowed in Yharnam.

Just wanted to push you some more. I'd like to start a new bandwagon.

Gonna agree with everything that's been said about him.

Zipped, want to join?

If you just want me lynched for inactivity, so be it. I'm pretty much always in favor of voting for inactives.

Then vote for Chair

I wouldn't be the one talking about nonsensical posts if I were you. I want to believe that you're just a townie trying to root out scum but it's so heavy handed that scum could easily turn it around against you which seems to be what is happening. If you are a townie you need to save yourself and vote for Ri'Orius or Haly. Obviously anything can happen in the last day when the Scum come out to play for real but you might as well make it as hard as possible for them to swing the vote.

Ri'Orius

You didn't like post 201, probably for the flippant tone. It was a quick response to something I noticed in a really short time period. I didn't go through and analyze how the tone would appear, because I was focused on the discussion. If you find a rather sarcastic tone to be a scumtell, you really should keep your vote on me, because I am bound to keep doing it.

I don't think it was the tone, but rather the content. As others have said, the accusation you're making in 201 is pretty weak. After screwing up once, it's not at all suspicious that Haly would get it right the second time.

Seath. I forgot who said it can help to remove seath, but it disregarded the percentages. Seath always plays in the same manner, so it's hard to read alignment off the gameplay. But scum makes up 20-25% of any game, meaning there's a 75-80% chance of seath NOT being scum. The numbers don't support a policy lynch.

At least one of us doesn't understand what a policy lynch is, and it's entirely possible it's me, so I'll elaborate on what I mean.

Seath's playstyle is anti-town. If he consistently executes it in every game he plays, yeah he'll only be scum some of the time, but when he is scum he'll be a damn good one because nobody can read him. Meanwhile when he's town, his playstyle will be at best neutral for town, if not detrimental to it by muddying the waters. When people completely rule out voting for Seath because he's unreadable, that's a problem.

So the idea behind a policy lynch (from my understanding) is that you take a stand and say "X behavior is anti-town enough that should it occur, we'll lynch that person." Not because X behavior is indicative of scum in that particular game, but because it hurts town in the long run.

I'm confused about two things. First of all, is anyone seriously pushing to lynch a new person today? 'Cause I've looked and don't see anyone saying that.

Second, why would scum or neutrals push for it? Town newbies are great for scum: they make mistakes. Or at least they generally don't play as well as the veterans. Plus I haven't seen anyone willing to even consider it, so it's not like they're an easy target.

Am I missing something?

I wouldn't be the one talking about nonsensical posts if I were you. I want to believe that you're just a townie trying to root out scum but it's so heavy handed that scum could easily turn it around against you which seems to be what is happening. If you are a townie you need to save yourself and vote for Ri'Orius or Haly. Obviously anything can happen in the last day when the Scum come out to play for real but you might as well make it as hard as possible for them to swing the vote.

Y'know Freakinchair (btw, I always read this name in Mitch Hedberg's voice), you make a compelling point. When the heat is on, and there's only (lol) thirteen hours left in the day, sometimes you've gotta look out for yourself.

roytheone

Awfully sorry I haven't spoken much, the past day or so (birthday and all). People are bringing up some good points about Kris, Chair and Palmer, though like Weemadarthur, I'd continue watching and see what else they do first.

For now, though...

Vote: Kristoffer

Can you elaborate a bit on the good points people are bringing up? Which ones you agree with, which one you disagree with, the reasons why you voted for Kris over the other two.

I don't think it was the tone, but rather the content. As others have said, the accusation you're making in 201 is pretty weak. After screwing up once, it's not at all suspicious that Haly would get it right the second time.

At least one of us doesn't understand what a policy lynch is, and it's entirely possible it's me, so I'll elaborate on what I mean.

Seath's playstyle is anti-town. If he consistently executes it in every game he plays, yeah he'll only be scum some of the time, but when he is scum he'll be a damn good one because nobody can read him. Meanwhile when he's town, his playstyle will be at best neutral for town, if not detrimental to it by muddying the waters. When people completely rule out voting for Seath because he's unreadable, that's a problem.

So the idea behind a policy lynch (from my understanding) is that you take a stand and say "X behavior is anti-town enough that should it occur, we'll lynch that person." Not because X behavior is indicative of scum in that particular game, but because it hurts town in the long run.

I'm confused about two things. First of all, is anyone seriously pushing to lynch a new person today? 'Cause I've looked and don't see anyone saying that.

Second, why would scum or neutrals push for it? Town newbies are great for scum: they make mistakes. Or at least they generally don't play as well as the veterans. Plus I haven't seen anyone willing to even consider it, so it's not like they're an easy target.

Am I missing something?

Y'know Freakinchair (btw, I always read this name in Mitch Hedberg's voice), you make a compelling point. When the heat is on, and there's only (lol) thirteen hours left in the day, sometimes you've gotta look out for yourself.

I can understand this line of reasoning. Looking out for yourself. But why chair over say Hobohodo? I mean you stayed out of that conversation earlier, and didn't address it above (like you addressed Seath).

I'm just saying, it's an omission. A tiny one, but if you were both scum I would look back at this exact post and say "I told you so".

That being said I'm sticking with Hobohodo. I will be reading all day today, but I don't think I will be able to really keep up with the insanity of the final hour.

Palmer_v1

Am I missing something?

You are the newbie in danger actually. While you don't lead in votes, your name has come up enough that I could see a last minute bandwagon.

I'm keeping my vote on Roy for now. He's seemed nonconfrontational today, but has jumped in to defend people. Good way for scum to seem active without scum hunting, while trying to make friends.

Can you elaborate a bit on the good points people are bringing up? Which ones you agree with, which one you disagree with, the reasons why you voted for Kris over the other two.
I can see why you are doing this for Nudull I guess, trying to get more information. But why not do that for the others who voted and didn't give as much information? Like NF here, with the vote for palm or Ri's vote for Freak? They both voted w/o much information really, I can see you letting Ri's vote slide because saving yourself is an ok reason and they are voting for someone you have a vote on. You questioned Ri about weemad earlier in the day phase.

What two people?
Do you want to address anything in my post I have laid out? Like lying about votin hobo being a ruse?

Zipped, can you go into detail about Hobo? Why you think he could be scum and the information we learn from his flip? I think I may have saw something like that earlier, but it seems you are certain he is scum with nothin other than gut feeling?

Palmer_v1

I...actually agree. I think either Ri'orius or Chair are our best options for today. I think there is one scum between those two. Chair had that really weird post about scum piling onto seath because he had "found" scum in Ri'orius, which made no sense. Ri'orius has those weird posts where he says he mostly wants to vote no lynch or seath, but then ends up voting for someone else since the other options were apparently already off the table....only halfway through day 1. Both are also in the "low activity but not the lowest activity" category, where I expect some scum to be, especially on day 1. As an added bonus, one is pro seath, while the other is anti seath. With seath being a hard player to read, Ri'roius and/or Chair their flips could help us with that.

This was Roy's most contributive post, IMO. Most of his other posts are fluff/mechanics related, or him poking at other people's accusations. Even so, in this post he's going after a newbie target which I dislike, or freakinchair, who seems to getting bandwagoned to some degree. Don't like it.

I may have missed things with Search acting weird still, but overall, I feel fine with voting for Roy.

Ezekel, I'll get back to you after some morning coffee. Stay tuned.

Palmer, you've said like a million times that Ri is new, but he's not. Check the roster.

Ezekel, I'll get back to you after some morning coffee. Stay tuned.

Palmer, you've said like a million times that Ri is new, but he's not. Check the roster.

Maybe he meant new.......................................to being scum.

giphy.gif

idk if Ri was ever scum before

Mazre

Sorry for the absenteeism. Work was a real bear this week and my parents were in town yesterday. Gonna take another spin through day 1 and post some thoughts. Should be around from now through phase end.

roytheone

I can see why you are doing this for Nudull I guess, trying to get more information. But why not do that for the others who voted and didn't give as much information? Like NF here, with the vote for palm or Ri's vote for Freak? They both voted w/o much information really, I can see you letting Ri's vote slide because saving yourself is an ok reason and they are voting for someone you have a vote on. You questioned Ri about weemad earlier in the day phase.

Do you want to address anything in my post I have laid out? Like lying about votin hobo being a ruse?

Zipped, can you go into detail about Hobo? Why you think he could be scum and the information we learn from his flip? I think I may have saw something like that earlier, but it seems you are certain he is scum with nothin other than gut feeling?

It's because I looked back, and found very little to base my opinion of nudull on. So I wanted a bit more from them to help me read them.

This was Roy's most contributive post, IMO. Most of his other posts are fluff/mechanics related, or him poking at other people's accusations. Even so, in this post he's going after a newbie target which I dislike, or freakinchair, who seems to getting bandwagoned to some degree. Don't like it.

I may have missed things with Search acting weird still, but overall, I feel fine with voting for Roy.

To me this really sounds like you placing a joke vote on me, and then proceed to find reasons to legitimate the joke vote instead of first finding reasons to vote for someone and then vote. Maybe you like having a safe vote on someone that is not very likely to get lynched to help you lay low? Don't like it.

It was just a broad guess at the beginning of the day, but the complete slough off of any opinions on Hobohodo (outside of kristoffer) indicates that there might be something there. It's slim but day 1 is all about the slim. If he is scum I would look at Ri next.

Haly

Tentative count:

Freakinchair: 5 votes
Kristoffer: 4 votes
Haly: 3 votes

With 4 hours left i think either Chair or Kristoffer are good lynches since they've both built up a bit of hullabaloo around themselves. For the same reason, I don't think Palmer is a good lynch today. Not that he isn't setting off alarm bells but more that he's been careful, whether intentionally or not, to avoid connections to others. So far he's went in on roy and defended newbies. His labeling of Ri'orius as a newbie is also weird. He only has two votes, from squidy and NeverForever, both of whom I read town. This isn't workable information in day 2 I think.

In contrast Kristoffer gets you: Zip, Hobohodo, Haly, Ezekel, Kalor
And Freakinchair: Roy, Kristoffer, Hobo, Seath(?), Nudull (surprisingly random bandwagon vote), Ri'orius (defensive vote, technically)

I'm not taking extensive legal pad notes so if I messed up something here please speak up.

You are the newbie in danger actually. While you don't lead in votes, your name has come up enough that I could see a last minute bandwagon.

If you're considering Ri'Orius new for taking a long break from the game, then surely the same should be said for Haly and possibly Never Forever and maybe someone else I'm forgetting. If you are as protective of those players, then why haven't you questioned my voting for Haly? And the others who did?

On the content being weak: ok. It may be weak. I still think it's valuable to bring up points for consideration. Some get dismissed, some support one argument or another.

On policy lynch:
I think your use of the term is one acceptable definition. However I don't agree with your conclusion. Too often - mostly as a posthumous reader - I see town remove seath out of irritation and without thought. It's as bad as early No Lynch votes for removing dialogue and giving scum a free day. Plus, I've played with seath in Princess, where they made scum hunting contributions, so it's not inevitably anti town if people play WITH a person instead of against them. Certainly it's not a good lynch choice on day one, as no relationship information will be gleaned from the flip.

In contrast Kristoffer gets you: Zip, Hobohodo, Haly, Ezekel, Kalor
And Freakinchair: Roy, Kristoffer, Hobo, Seath(?), Nudull (surprisingly random bandwagon vote), Ri'orius (defensive vote, technically)

Possibly NF and Johnny as well for Kriss.

NF voted Zipped due to the hobo thing when Kris was leading the charge on that? I may have read the post wrong.

JQK wanted to brush off any part of the triangle as "too obvious"

sorry every one for not participating much in this day i was busy and mostly observing the thread, i'll be active more. if i make any mistakes just tell me so i fix them, since this is my first time.
more to the point i'm still not sure who to vote on so i'm gonna go with the most suspicious.

VOTE:Kristoffer

PS.
Can someone tell me how to put highlight on the vote ill change it asap.

sorry every one for not participating much in this day i was busy and mostly observing the thread, i'll be active more. if i make any mistakes just tell me so i fix them, since this is my first time.
more to the point i'm still not sure who to vote on so i'm gonna go with the most suspicious.

VOTE:Kristoffer

PS.
Can someone tell me how to put highlight on the vote ill change it asap.

Here is the tag, just remove the period and put vote: name of whoever you want to vote, be sure to make a new post though and not edit it.
[highlight.]

Top Bottom