• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
new to pc gaming, i have some questions

what gives thin edges (like tree branches) a "shimmery" look in games? how do i get rid of that

i found that turning AF down from 16 to 2 really helps performance, but can't really notice the differnce. is this normally a hog?

what gives thin edges (like tree branches) a "shimmery" look in games? how do i get rid of that

i found that turning AF down from 16 to 2 really helps performance, but can't really notice the differnce. is this normally a hog?
Artifact of AA or AO? And AF costs nothing.

i found that turning AF down from 16 to 2 really helps performance, but can't really notice the difference. is this normally a hog?

There are multiple things that you could be describing. The "thin edges" may just be aliasing. You can look into AA solutions but they are performance intensive.

A good supersample usually gets rid of all things like that but it is expensive. I guess you could try on of the cheapo postprocess AA solutions.

septicore

Nice new Steam thread.

After a busy month of hardly any gaming, I'm finally free to do some proper gaming this month.

Gonna start Shadow Warrior 2 with a friend whenever he isn't busy and try to finish off the 52 games for a year challenge.

DRAGON THE GAME on notice.

But more seriously, what happens to target render screenshots or trailers under these new rules? (No Man's Sky is a prime example of both.) Under Valve's wording it could still be allowed, which is a shame.

Another thing I'm wondering is, what will Valve actually do if a game page contains these elements? Like, remove said game's page until it's fixed, or send an automated request to change the info, or what??

user237

Won't they just include those images as part of the game (title screen, loading screen, etc.) and then they can put the same images back on the store?

MRORANGE

4xSGZv7.png

HLepZ0y.jpg

Tyranny
- Nzyme32
Tyranny is a new RPG from Obsidian and Paradox. Tyranny explores a unique narrative in which the war between good and evil has already taken place, with the evil overlord Kyros reigning victorious. What's more, you fought along side Kyros' armies and now serve Kyros as a Fatebinder - judge and executioner of Kyros' Law.

Unlike Pillars of Eternity, there is much more of a focus towards choice, reactivity and replayability, as well as a shorter game expected to be at least 25hrs long. This is demonstrated right off the bat, where character creation also involves "Conquest", that allows you to decide the choices you made during the war that has passed - resulting in changes to alliances, how different people treat you, your own abilities and even the world of the game and its history.

Xanadu Next
- Tizoc

Originally released on the N-Gage in 2005, Xanadu Next is among Falcom's well regarded Action RPG games. Finally getting an official English release in November, expect the trademark Falcom gameplay, awesome boss fights and kickass soundtrack.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
- MRORANGE
The most innovative FPS game has returned for another sequel, but this time it's in space! I don't if you heard but this COD is gonna be the best yet with skins and extra gun modifications with later DLC down the line. Forget other games this year if there's one game people will be playing this year the most then it is COD:IW. Infinity has really gone over the bar this time and has gone back to it's roots with the franchise and MP is sure to be great.

THdtbRc.jpg
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Examples of good posting behaviour and bad posting behaviour.
  • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!
6DGEBFt.jpg
6DGEBFt.jpg
anvsCf6.jpg

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

MRORANGE

Sorry for the delay, had a bunch of work emails that were piling up..

as always

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

modbot linked btw!

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Feel like a child of divorce right now :(

oipic

There's only one way to decide which thread survives, and that's via a democratic election on November 8th.

This thread needs a Democratic Party theme, some Clinton banners and slogans, etc, in order to truly face-off against the Trumpness of the alternative.

There's only one way to decide which thread survives, and that's via a democratic election on November 8th.

This thread needs a Democratic Party theme, some Clinton banners and slogans, etc, in order to truly face-off against the Trumpness of the alternative.

Eq3hJLl.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
is disho2 like next week?

fuck

i really wish tyranny was like giving me 4 more months to play it

ahhhhh

Tyranny is supposed to be shorter and more dynamic, so probably a bit less of a commitment than Pillars was unless you're obsessive about playing through every variation of every scenario. But since it's an Obsidian game about being evil, that might be a lot of fun.

Don't even see these being merged. Orange gonna get locked and forgotten.

In a perfect world we'd keep Orange's thread title and Bus' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom