• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Lexxism

Is there any calculator that tells me how much exp I need to get from 74 to 99?
700,000 experience or so (+ 3x in Altissia) took me from level 50 to 97. Another 200k for 97 to 99 I think.

I guess around 500,000 to 700,000 base experience is what you need.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
As someone that doesn't use magic at all, the enemies in
Daurell Menace
that are
immune to weapon damage
were annoying. Hopefully don't encounter them anywhere else.

They appear a lot in Menace Under Steyliff too. It's not nearly as bad though cause the mobs are always either 2 or 4 flans. None of that 6 to 8 flan crap like in Daurell.

Is there any calculator that tells me how much exp I need to get from 74 to 99?

800k got me from 70 to 99, with a decent amount left over, so 700k might be enough.

Raw64life

Got this game at launch, played for about 10 hours, got to Chapter 4, then stopped for a few weeks to play other games.

Started playing again a few days ago, now on Chapter 8, and I know the next half of the game is more linear, so I decided to do some sidequests.

Good lord what a slog it is. I just spent the last 5 hours driving around, doing other stuff around the house while the game drives you around, looking for random shit on the ground, walking up to valves and light switches and pylons and frogs and pressing x and looking at loading screens. It's worth it for the XP and gil, but if this was their idea of making grinding seem less tedious, it didn't work on me. Frustrating as hell.

I'm about to cash about 10 sidequests at once and then go sleep at the place that gives you double XP. It's nice that they let you fast travel back once the quests are done, but they should just give you the reward as soon as the quest is done. Instead, I'll be spending the next 30 minutes staring at loading screens, running up to the person, and repeat. What joy.

Other than that, the main quest is fantastic minus to finnicky party AI. One dungeon I was with Aranea and she just straight up disappeared at one point and I had to reset the game. I'm enjoying the game more than this post would indicate.

Probity

I think the story is really good when taken at a base value, but the execution and pacing is a little messy. I could see how that would take something away for a lot of people but I personally didn't notice much. My issue was more with the sidequests and side-characters to be honest. Loved the game.

Man, I just love watching the last cutscenes of this game. For me, it's one of the best endings of FF.

Absolutely. Game has faults for days, but the whole end chapter is fucking awesome with a great ending. As much as I like and even love most other Final Fantasies, when I stop to think, there aren't many where I think the ending is better than okay, or good enough. I really like IX's ending, but yea. XV really kills it with the end leg Honestly, I thought many times after chpt 9 "why couldn't they make the story and (main) characters feel like this ALL the way through" (still doesn't do anything for the side characters after that point but hey)

]I think the story is really good when taken at a base value, [/B]but the execution and pacing is a little messy. I could see how that would take something away for a lot of people but I personally didn't notice much. My issue was more with the sidequests and side-characters to be honest. Loved the game.

Wut? I'm on like Ch. 15 and nothing about the story is good or makes sense on any level.

Chris R

These dropship spawns

they fucking suck

I don't know if I'll finish the game or not if this bullshit keeps up much longer lol

Neiteio

Absolutely. Game has faults for days, but the whole end chapter is fucking awesome with a great ending. As much as I like and even love most other Final Fantasies, when I stop to think, there aren't many where I think the ending is better than okay, or good enough. I really like IX's ending, but yea. XV really kills it with the end leg Honestly, I thought many times after chpt 9 "why couldn't they make the story and (main) characters feel like this ALL the way through" (still doesn't do anything for the side characters after that point but hey)
Yeah, the ending is so good. Caps off the emotional rollercoaster of chapters 9-14 perfectly. It's like the first half of the game does a wonderful job building the world while the second half is full of wonderful narrative moments. I just wrote a love letter to it in the spoilers thread. Gotta be vague here, but MAN, what a rush! So many feels... It delivers perfectly on the themes of brotherly love, self-sacrifice, etc. I've watched the last five cutscenes like 10 times each and they still make me tear up each time.

Yeah, the ending is so good. Caps off the emotional rollercoaster of chapters 9-14 perfectly. It's like the first half of the game does a wonderful job building the world while the second half is full of wonderful narrative moments. I just wrote a love letter to it in the spoilers thread. Gotta be vague here, but MAN, what a rush! So many feels... It delivers perfectly on the themes of brotherly love, self-sacrifice, etc. I've watched the last five cutscenes like 10 times each and they still make me tear up each time.

Haha, haven't been posting in there, but I'll nip over and read your post man :) It is really great. Also, has to be said, the score elevates it all SO much imo. Some just jaw dropping compositions throughout the whole game, but especially in those chapters, they really bring you in. They enhance all the good parts, and help smooth over anything rough throughout.

Neiteio

It seems my game is plagued by the weapon upgrade glitch. I found a discussion here and I'm saddened by the fact that it does not have a solution yet.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74757147

Anyone else with the problem?
Not sure I understand what they're saying in the thread. Seems the user might just be doing something incorrectly?

At any rate, other glitches were recently fixed (such as a boss not spawning in one of the optional dungeons), so chances are they'll fix this too, if needed. There are many updates in the works, after all.

Nope. I did take on that wall by myself though.

I wandered into that by accident and had no healing items remaining by the end of Chapter 13 so was just in sprint mode. Kinda upset won't have another chance to explore. I got kind of messed up right off the bat in the restaurant area and had no way to heal. :(

Still a neat sequence.

Not sure I understand what they're saying in the thread. Seems the user might just be doing something incorrectly?

At any rate, other glitches were recently fixed (such as a boss not spawning in one of the optional dungeons), so chances are they'll fix this too, if needed. There are many updates in the works, after all.

Yeah what happens is that
when you talk to Cid he simply does not start the upgrade quests
. Frustrating as hell.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah what happens is that
when you talk to Cid he simply does not start the upgrade quests
. Frustrating as hell.

I got that bug or glitch or whatever too, which sucks ass since I had all those items pretty damn early in the game.

Anyway i just platinumed the game. so It's gonna get shelved for a while.

What is the post release support supposed to be?

Probity

Wut? I'm on like Ch. 15 and nothing about the story is good or makes sense on any level.

It's really not that complicated. There are some background details missing sure, but it's a generally well put together story. If you need a synopsis, here it is:

I didn't even watch the film or anime, for context. But it has a fairly simple progression really. Regis sends Noctis away knowing that Insomnia is going to fall and the treaty is a trap. This is revealed later in the story.

Noctis leaves for wedding, finds out what happened, tries to go back and goes a little crazy. He meets up with Cor, who tells him what's going on and has him explore to obtian the power of kings. At the same time as he is getting the weapons, he needs to earn the favor of the Astrals, which Luna is persuading to help him. He needs their favor to reclaim the stolen crystal and all that.

After some of that occurs, they go to Altissia to save Luna and all that, but she is killed during the Leviathan covenant. Also during that, Ignis went blind and the party was in disarray arguing because of consequences and the future. As they proceed with their mission to collect the power of kings and reclaim the crystal, Ardyn shows up and tricks Noctis into pushing off Prompto. More party issues.

Then Noctis reaches Tene-something-or-other and finds out what the empire has done and all that. Nights have gotten much longer and the daemons are taking over. Also learns that Luna was dying and Ravus didn't believe in him completely, but reluctantly supported him as time progressed.

Shit goes down on the way to the capital, the party is divided and Noctis loses his ability. Must travel around struggling to save Promto and find the crystal. While exploring, it is learned that the Empire's tampering with creating daemons led to their downfall as they became daemons themselves. Ravus is found killed, part of his turning point to support Noctis. He and the Emperor are both fought when everyone meets back up, but they have been turned into daemons too.

Then things get bad and Noctis has to risk losing everyone to save the crystal, because he thinks the power will eradicate the daemon problem. Instead it starts sucking him in and Ardyn reveals he was of the royal line long ago. He was denied ascension to the afterlife because he was tainted. He had healed the people of the daemon issue by absorbing them, and it made his soul dark. Noctis ancestor took the royal position instead and made Ardyn alienated and hated. Centuries later he has a grudge against the royal line and wants to end it.

Crystal absorbs Noctis and Bahamut tells him the extent of the responsibilty of the Chosen King. Must sacrifice himself to truly end Ardyn's life and eliminate the starscourge. 10 years pass as he absorbs the light and prepares for the final battle. Everyone else must survive while they wait and they do their best. Then Noctis reutrns and everyone meets up. Then they fight the final astral and Noctis faces Ardyn with his acquired powers from the journey. He wins and then sacrifices himself as needed, and light is restored.

Then there is a scene of Luna and Noctis together, but that is their spirits in the afterlife. Everyone else continues on, saved. But Ardyn still technically won, as the royal line ended with Noctis.

Sorry for that being so long looking, but it really isn't very convoluted or anything. The base of the story is fairly solid. It is just that the overall execution is lacking. A few details not shown well, the side characters aren't fleshed enough, the pacing between the first and second half is a little messed up, etc. I like the story and felt the emotional connections, but I won't deny it could have been done better.

Probity

Really really wish you could run around as
Old Noctis, with just the suit from the end.

Ha I just said that in the spoiler thread. He looks so much better, great design. The final outfit doesn't look as good on young Noctis. Also the older version looks good in the original outfit as well. I wonder if they'll ever consider adding the option.

Sorry for the double post.

Ha I just said that in the spoiler thread. He looks so much better, great design. The final outfit doesn't look as good on young Noctis. Also the older version looks good in the original outfit as well. I wonder if they'll ever consider adding the option.

Sorry for the double post.

He literally looks like a hobo.

Probity

He literally looks like a hobo.

It's less about him looking like a hobo and more about him looking less like a weird anime character. I don't like base Noctis' hair, jaw, mouth, or how his eyes are positioned. He looks like a weird angsty teen designed like a weak pretty boy. He has no presence. I like the
spirt scene version the most. Where he is sitting on the throne with Luna. He has the more masculine facial structure, more age, and better hair.
But I would more than settle for hobo Noctis too. Young Noctis only looks good in his default outfit for me, and that outfit annoys me because his pants don't meet his boots.

-Horizon-

The adamantoise fight takes the camera to a whole new level of bad I didn't think possible after the leviathan one.
I'm done with it and I think I'm done with the game till the dlc is out. 80 hours total. Level 95.

Hey, I'm level 71 in chapter 9 and I'm running around Lucis doing side stuff. Since I'm so high leveled, and the requirements for ramuh and titan need long battles or low health teammates, does this mean I'll never really see them?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm currently at chapter 12 getting ready to board something. I don't know if I should continue trying to explore the world and see / do anything specific or just power on through and finish the game.

The likely hood of me going back and doing post game stuff is probably slim, I've never really been one to do that.

I got noct's
ultimate
weapon after attempting the damn drop a bunch of times. I'm currently level 55.

Is there anything specific I should do? Or do I just continue on with the main quest and get this over with?

I'm currently at chapter 12 getting ready to board something. I don't know if I should continue trying to explore the world and see / do anything specific or just power on through and finish the game.

The likely hood of me going back and doing post game stuff is probably slim, I've never really been one to do that.

I got noct's
ultimate
weapon after attempting the damn drop a bunch of times. I'm currently level 55.

Is there anything specific I should do? Or do I just continue on with the main quest and get this over with?

Whether you do the quests before or after the game, it doesn't matter. If you enjoy the game, keep playing. If you don't or just want it over, complete the game or just stop. Not sure why some people need other people's opinions to validate how they play the game.

Kal_El

So...I'm level 65 on Chapter 6. The nixeperience band has been a lifesaver. Save up 100k+ xp and sleep at Goldin Quay and just clean up. Should I just advance the story? Haven't been to. Altissa or Caem yet.

-Horizon-

Hey, I'm level 71 in chapter 9 and I'm running around Lucis doing side stuff. Since I'm so high leveled, and the requirements for ramuh and titan need long battles or low health teammates, does this mean I'll never really see them?
Having beaten the game, I still see a bunch of ramuh (because some hunts/dungeons throw spongy enemies at you), I've seen titan maybe 5 times total, and leviathan and the other summons only because of story stuff.

They really need to change the requirements on the astrals. Its like most of them are not even in the game for me.

So...I'm level 65 on Chapter 6. The nixeperience band has been a lifesaver. Save up 100k+ xp and sleep at Goldin Quay and just clean up. Should I just advance the story? Haven't been to. Altissa or Caem yet.
You will pretty much breeze through the story missions at that level lol.
Just go through the story, you'll be able to go back to do all the side quests post game.

Just started the game and I'm loving the roadtrip feel of it. Even the fetch style quests aren't really bothering me (so far) because I just love the banter and everything.

Kal_El

Having beaten the game, I still see a bunch of ramuh (because some hunts/dungeons throw spongy enemies at you), I've seen titan maybe 5 times total, and leviathan and the other summons only because of story stuff.

They really need to change the requirements on the astrals. Its like most of them are not even in the game for me.

You will pretty much breeze through the story missions at that level lol.
Just go through the story, you'll be able to go back to do all the side quests post game.

Sweet thanks. I hate having missions available and have to do them and I love fishing and hunts lol

Also shoutout to whomever mentioned changing the control scheme. "O" for run was giving my arthritis. Now to change my habits after 65 lvls.

manakel

So is the only way to get Gil through hunts? I'm on Chapter 5 and died once in Fociaugh Hollow because I don't have enough items, and I don't have enough to buy more.

Reset

It's my understanding that he will not start a new upgrade if there is one already in progress.

No, there's a glitch where he won't he give you an option to upgrade even if you don't have one in progress. It was introduced in the 1.03 patch and it's annoying how they still didn't fix it. It happened to my save file, and the only way to fix it as of now is start a new game and hope you get lucky.

Top Bottom