• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Sophia

It's in Outer Gafia.

http://outergafia.com/thread/182/crab-scale?page=1&scrollTo=23370

So, reviewing the sample post the winning condition is:

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

That could mean there are other threats to town beside the scum team? Or I'm reading too much into it?

It's a standard town win condition, meant to be ambiguous about the nature of any other parties besides the Mafia. Nothing particularly unusual about it.

Sawneeks

Banned
Current Vote Count:

natiko (0)
sorian 244 (264)

splinter (1)
melonrabbit 245

sorian (2)
ty4on 246
sophia 323

melonrabbit (1)
bronx-man 251

sophia (1)
pop-o-matic 253

bronx-man (1)
sorian 264

cabot (1)
ccs 268

magnumboy20xx (1)
acohrs 277

Day 1 Ends in:
gre_1484002800.png

Thanks Soph.

Ty, your answers are tragic.

So, basically, the person with the least amount of posts. A fair point -- usually you have at least one scum in with the coasters. But wouldn't be my first pick to single out this earlier in the day.

I know you are counting down to your inevitable lynching but what are your thoughts thus far? Besides everyone being against you?

as you have already said, we got a metric butt-ton of chatterboxes in here, i would like to do my part to ensure that no one here goes unappreciated amidst all the ruckus.

Sorian

Banned
You seemed more confident with your analysis in Persona, perhaps because you weren't as worried about people's opinions of you. It could be nothing, might just be that the evidence was stronger before. Still worth noting though.

We're three hours in. Throwing a dart at a wall would only be slightly lower odds at this point.

First, I don't for the life of my know what NAI is supposed to be and Ty is ignoring me and he usually tells me stuff so I can function at playing mafia.

And second,

Wasn't actually referring to Nin, he has had a fairly light presence so far, although he did put in the most effort on my survey. But, no I was referring elsewhere.

Third, forget Bronx for a second, who that has posted so far has your interested or doesn't (and that in of itself is interesting?)

Pretending that this post doesn't exist and that I've only focused on Bronx, ok.

melon's posts are attention seeking but ultimately NAI, Pop made one post that was a read and not something jokey and he will now probably enter hibernation for a couple days, Bronx is trying to play the cool card which isn't usually like him since he is scared of being lynched on a normal day (though less so since he survived Overwatch), Ty gives me a good feeling though he always does and I don't think I've ever played with scum Ty, just gameran him, and Fran actually using the odds argument is always an eyebrow raiser.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I know you are counting down to your inevitable lynching but what are your thoughts thus far? Besides everyone being against you?
Eh, I've calmed down a little bit now since it seems to just be Sorian going after me while everyone else is just being their goofy selves.

We're three hours in. Throwing a dart at a wall would only be slightly lower odds at this point.

Pretending that this post doesn't exist and that I've only focused on Bronx, ok.

I skimmed it after I read my name. Wasn't and still isn't much.

How do you feel about acohrs?

Ynnek7

Hey, everyone!

1) Do you find tattoos attractive?
2) How flawlessly foxy is Megan Fox?
3) Isn't pineapple on pizza the best thing ever?

1) Eh, not really. At least, none that I've seen yet.
2) It wasn't until you asked this question that I realized that I haven't ever seen any movie that she's been in, despite knowing of her. I think I might have seen half of a New Girl episode with her, though. To answer, she's pretty foxy.
3) I LOVE pineapple pizza! The only reason I don't eat it anymore is because none of my friends like it.... :-(

I loved it, until i found out that pineapple pizza causes cancer : /
There was a report on a variety of pizza flavours and they came to the conclusion that Pineapple in combination with cheese and ham on a pizza can rise the chance of getting the cancer by a hefty amount.

Nooooooooo....... What if we forego the ham?

Natiko

Banned
VOTE: acohrs

Leaving a vote that you yourself don't think is valid is sketchy. Good enough reason to cast my own vote as any right now.

acohrs

VOTE: acohrs

Leaving a vote that you yourself don't think is valid is sketchy. Good enough reason to cast my own vote as any right now.

Babes, it's too annoying to write unvote on my phone before I go to bed with all my girlies.

Sorian

Banned
I skimmed it after I read my name. Wasn't and still isn't much.

How do you feel about acohrs?

Not even on my radar at this point. I see people getting uppity about him saying he won't unvote but I didn't even notice it during my initial read so obviously it wasn't very important to me.

CzarTim

You're okay magnum boy, you're okay. Too lazy to unvote you now though so you just gotta wait.

In the meantime, after day ones scum lynch in pop mafia, we should all shut up and wait for zen buddhist master bronx to show who we should scum lynch again on day one and thus lead us to the promised land.
Why would you want to unvote him, actually? He has made two posts, neither of which contain any substance.

CCS

Banned
I'm kinda in agreement with the people who've said that Sophia has seemed a bit weirdly awkward, but I'm leaving my vote on Cab until he actually says something.

cabot

Good morning.

I'm not really seeking attention. Nor I am the biggest attention-seeker actively posting gifs of filler and coasting.

Y'all took a joke and went with it.

And I gave your dumb survey/questionnaire you like so much.

Bronx seems such an easy target to mis-lynch. Not someone I'd jump to put at the top of my D1 suspects.

This seems bizarrely defensive of Bronx considering how early in the game it is. The chase on Bronx is a whole lot of fat nothing, but melon throwing this out after the fat nothing seems unnecessary.

No, its because that he usually is more of a scared person. This time around he is bold and that is making some people curious as why that is.

Does not fit with what I've played of Bronx. Maybe scared to use PRs and being killed in the process, his general play doesn't ever resemble timidness.

This game is a 6/7 in the Crab Scale so there are non-traditional roles and we could have a non-traditional mechanic too, right?

Possible.

It's in Outer Gafia.

http://outergafia.com/thread/182/crab-scale?page=1&scrollTo=23370

So, reviewing the sample post the winning condition is:

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

That could mean there are other threats to town beside the scum team? Or I'm reading too much into it?

Could be generic, but in Pop I used a specific you eliminate the scum win con. Summary: Mod discretion, nothing to go on.

I'm kinda in agreement with the people who've said that Sophia has seemed a bit weirdly awkward, but I'm leaving my vote on Cab until he actually says something.

giphy.gif

Sorian being aggressive out the gate isn't anything particularly telling. Seems normal to me.

How many scum do y'all think we're dealing with?

If you were scum, what would be your strategy on Day 1, based on whats happened in this game so far?

I need tips.

CzarTim

morning buddy

I don't really like speculating on 'what scum would do' since it's player specific. But given that this game has Gafia's top shit posters, it'll be pretty easy to seem townie by making even a slight effort on a case.

cabot

Hey, everyone!

1) Eh, not really. At least, none that I've seen yet.
2) It wasn't until you asked this question that I realized that I haven't ever seen any movie that she's been in, despite knowing of her. I think I might have seen half of a New Girl episode with her, though. To answer, she's pretty foxy.
3) I LOVE pineapple pizza! The only reason I don't eat it anymore is because none of my friends like it.... :-(

Nooooooooo....... What if we forego the ham?

Yeah but what about Zelda?

cabot

morning buddy

I don't really like speculating on 'what scum would do' since it's player specific. But given that this game has Gafia's top shit posters, it'll be pretty easy to seem townie by making even a slight effort on a case.

Big personalities in this one, so its possible.

Not really reading too much from that post you quoted from Sophia, though I read her as scummy most of the time, but shes been town in every game I've played with her since the one we don't talk about.

Need more evidence

acohrs

Why would you want to unvote him, actually? He has made two posts, neither of which contain any substance.

Damn man, magnum answered my prod question. What did you want me to do? Find him in real life, chain him in up my nonexistent basement, tied put clamps on his nip nips and shock him until he told me who was his favourite Beatles.

Also want to say props to Natiko and you on your double mason play on my vote. Have you decided which of you is going to be good mason and bad mason yet?

acohrs

Damn man, magnum answered my prod question. What did you want me to do? Find him in real life, chain him in up my nonexistent basement, tied put clamps on his nip nips and shock him until he told me who was his favourite Beatles.

Also want to say props to Natiko and you on your double mason play on my vote. Have you decided which of you is going to be good mason and bad mason yet?

Ooh or are you scum team trying to target me? Interesting...

CzarTim

obvs he is the bad mason since he actually voted!

But I think the issue here is that a prod vote is meant to get someone into the game, you did not do that and seem to be fine with him not participating.

acohrs

obvs he is the bad mason since he actually voted!

But I think the issue here is that a prod vote is meant to get someone into the game, you did not do that and seem to be fine with him not participating.

He's participated more than 2 others at this point and it's day one. Never been around day 1 in mafia before but from what I've seen, it's a barren wasteland of shite. He responded relatively quickly to the prod so he is reading the thread at least. If from now he doesn't contribute much before day end then that gives me a reason to go back to him rather than just the feckall I have on him atm.

*Splinter

Why would scum make such a statement in plain view of town? :p
I know Tim just pointed it out, but this was the standout post to me so far. Ty's post on Sophia was vague, and I think this response feels off because Sophia felt obliged to respond when there wasn't really anything to respond to. So we got this weird kinda-nonsense kinda-overdefensive post.

Other things I've noticed:

Melon treating the Bronx pressure as more than the nothing it was. Couple of possible (scum) motivations for this - keep "Bronx is a potential lynch" in the conversation or just a straightforward overdefensive reaction to perceived pressure on a teammate.

Nin's read of Bronx ("different to usual") is something I just can't see. That raises alarm bells but on the other hand it's nin.

Nothing out of the ordinary so far from Sorian, Ty, Cabot or Tim. Tim gets the "best first impression" award, acohrs makes me uneasy.

franconp

He's participated more than 2 others at this point and it's day one. Never been around day 1 in mafia before but from what I've seen, it's a barren wasteland of shite. He responded relatively quickly to the prod so he is reading the thread at least. If from now he doesn't contribute much before day end then that gives me a reason to go back to him rather than just the feckall I have on him atm.

He participated but he said nothing. His post are totally unrelated to the game. It makes more sense leaving your vote than changing it so I'm not fond about your eagerness to unvote.

acohrs

He participated but he said nothing. His post are totally unrelated to the game. It makes more sense leaving your vote than changing it so I'm not fond about your eagerness to unvote.

Why does it make more sense leaving my vote, he answered my question. My vote was obviously a prod one and most likely not going to be my day ends one so why not change. Are you all hoping my vote makes him sweat so much, he talks? Somehow I doubt that too. Therefore, IMO it makes no sense to leave it on him. So...

unvote

Your move champ

CzarTim

btw, I know pop is also voting for soph, but I would be very comfortable voting for him if he coasts today.

Also, fran you've been around and participating but haven't committed to a vote. Where are you leaning right now?

cabot

Oh yeah, That ynnek post I quoted was because it contained absolutely nothing relevant to the game.

Step it up, Ynnek.

cabot

Previous game: CCS was town and acohrs was scum, right?

CCS is worrying me because he chose two very easy votes. First was for me for the lulz then turned into 'wait until I post'

second is a no poster (admittedly I'm doing the same, but thats my part and parcel of D1. More relevant votes will come).

Looking at his posts now, these two stuck out:

Okay, I guess? can we get more feelings on others please?

Me? Groose, vanilla town.

This isn't productive. You're lying or you're helping scum narrow down the PR hunt. Come on, CCS.

I'm reading as Town though, seems to vibe with Pop, though that of course ignores the ability to learn from past mistakes :|

franconp

btw, I know pop is also voting for soph, but I would be very comfortable voting for him if he coasts today.

Also, fran you've been around and participating but haven't committed to a vote. Where are you leaning right now?

Why would I vote with nothing to work on? I mean, people are changing votes based on pizza toppings. I like to give my votes a meaning and be able to defend them. So I don't vote much.

I find acohrs vote weird, Natiko seem more aggressive than last time (he was a newbie, he could be feeling more comfortable with the game now), I don't really understand all the attacks on Bronx. So far, mostly that.

cabot

The chances of scum not having one experienced GAFIA player is extremely low, so I must say pushing for Bronx on D1 doesn't make sense.

His play is very easy to start a wagon on unless he's been confirmed by a PR.

CzarTim

Why would I vote with nothing to work on? I mean, people are changing votes based on pizza toppings. I like to give my votes a meaning and be able to defend them. So I don't vote much.

I find acohrs vote weird, Natiko seem more aggressive than last time (he was a newbie, he could be feeling more comfortable with the game now), I don't really understand all the attacks on Bronx. So far, mostly that.

That's fine, I am town leaning you atm and just wanted to know where you are at.

I think the initial push on Bronx was a bit whatever, but hey it's day one. Gotta get the ball rolling somehow. The thing that stands out to me is that he went very defensive with the whole "boohoo I always get voted out" thing. He has been here posting, but it's all been about himself. Not really comfortable with a vote yet, but not seeing overly townie play either.

cabot

Defending him is still an interesting reaction, is it really for others to defend Bronx at this early stage in the game where we are trying to determine who to trust?

franconp

Why does it make more sense leaving my vote, he answered my question. My vote was obviously a prod one and most likely not going to be my day ends one so why not change. Are you all hoping my vote makes him sweat so much, he talks? Somehow I doubt that too. Therefore, IMO it makes no sense to leave it on him. So...

unvote

Your move champ

My problem is that your vote wasn't a prod. He posted 20 minutes before your vote, so we know he was playing and there was no need to push him to post. His post was completely unrelated to the game so I could understand a vote to push him to participate more in the game but his second point was also completely unrelated. If the vote was made to push for a more active participation in the game it made more sense to keep it that to unvote so fast.

That vote makes no sense to me.

Top Bottom