• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Wiseblade

Has anyone else noticed the HP bar reduction from Snarl is much faster than for other damage?
Yeah, I've seen that a couple times, but didn't think anything of it. It's a bit odd, now that you mention it.

So...do you guys have the feeling that Gen 7 will soon be forgotten as Pokémon Bank becames available?
Not really. The Tapus and Ultra Beasts are pretty much here to stay. But the most convincing part for me is that a lot of the most powerful legacy Pokémon are already in Sun & Moon. 7 of the 8 Psuedo legends (Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra & Kommo-o) are Alola native, along with a lot of evergreen powerhouses:

Scizor
Magnezone
Azumarill
Gyarados
Chansey/Blissey
Skarmory
Porygon2/Z
Arcanine
Mandibuzz
Sableye
Tentacruel
Milotic
Weavile
Starmie
Every Eeveelution

Granted, many of these are less threatening without Tutor Moves, but they're still there. Anything that's still able to compete and isn't simply eclipsed by a non-alolan Pokémon will likely still make appearances after the Bank update.

Has anyone else noticed the HP bar reduction from Snarl is much faster than for other damage?

HP moves down according to when the move "hits" during its animation to the end of the animation. In Snarl's example, the hit occurs very close to the end of the animation, so the bar drops quickly.

Compare to Decidueye's Sinister Arrow Raid, where the hit occurs quite a bit before the animation finishes, so the bar moves very slowly even if you get a OHKO with it.

So I've been completing my pokedex in Y in order to prepare for the Bank update and transfer to Sun/Moon.

All I have left are Mons that need trading with an item.

Any kind souls willing to hop on X or Y and trade back and forth with me so I can get my last 10 pokemon?

If you are willing and able please PM me so we can exchange friend codes, etc.

Aleh

Hp moves down differently depending on how much Hp the Pokémon had left before the attack, when it's low it goes down much much slower than when it's full for example. I think type effectiveness has some influence over it too

I just got the game and started it up. Pretty excited. I'm intrigued that the globe in my room seems to be a globe of Earth. But maybe I'm just looking too deeply into things.

I very much liked the main character's design until she put a glove on her head. I'm going to have to get used to this...

Hp moves down differently depending on how much Hp the Pokémon had left before the attack, when it's low it goes down much much slower than when it's full for example. I think type effectiveness has some influence over it too

It's that + what I said in my earlier post. Type effectiveness is irrelevant, though.

So when PokeBank comes up can I deposit my Scizor from Sun then take it out in Alpha Saphire to teach it some tutor moves then put it back in the bank and finally put him back into my Sun team?

JoeM86

Hold the phone, bulbapedia says that multitype changes Arceus with z crystals now. When the hell was that determined?
By hacking in an Arceus and using Z Crystals

It still needs to know a move of that type though

So when PokeBank comes up can I deposit my Scizor from Sun then take it out in Alpha Saphire to teach it some tutor moves then put it back in the bank and finally put him back into my Sun team?

No you cannot. Once it has been in a Gen 7 game, it can't go to Gen 6 games

Wiseblade

Man, it's so much harder to find a 6v6 battle in Festival Palza than it was on PSS. Back in ORAS, I was able to scout PSS for players interested in battle while I went about my business. Now, I have to actively sit in FP and crawl through the visitor list. On top of that, the vast majority of people go to the Plaza for a specific purpose, so a battle request is just an unwelcome interruption, even if you set you profile to state that you're interested in battling.

My only hope is that when Global link is updated, a 6v6 friendly competition gets popular enough that I can use it for some automated matchmaking. But that all depends on how robust the custom rulesets are for friendly competitions. Smogon OU is definitely out; I'll be surprised if the PGL allows for specific Mega Stones to be forbidden, let alone complicated rulesets like the Baton Pass clause. Not that I'm particularly attached to that ruleset outside of its popularity. Honestly, I'll take anything.

Koren

No you cannot. Once it has been in a Gen 7 game, it can't go to Gen 6 games
I hope you'll still be able to use Bank to move pokemons from Gen VI to Gen VI after the update, though...

Man, it's so much harder to find a 6v6 battle in Festival Palza than it was on PSS.
Well, PSS is su much better than FP... Granted, the "talk" option is annoying (discarding the trade if you don't agree in it), but beside that, it was really nice. Direct link trade in Gen VII is nice, though.

I'll sure miss having two consoles on Switch... If there is limited edition, and it's affordable, I still may buy a second switch ^_^

Regiruler

By hacking in an Arceus and using Z Crystals

It still needs to know a move of that type though
There's no restriction on holding incompatible Z crystals.

But it's really stupid they don't work with judgment. Even still I don't know why they added the feature to multitype.

Finally got a Love Ball Cleffa. :D Been scouting for that one on GTS for a while lmao.

Gonna breed Friend Guard Clefairy/Unaware Clefable into Moon Ball and Magic Guard into Love Ball.

EDIT: Chaining Cleffa for HA is proving to be way more annoying than I'd like. Sweet Kiss AND Sing? Yuck.

So I've been completing my pokedex in Y in order to prepare for the Bank update and transfer to Sun/Moon.

All I have left are Mons that need trading with an item.

Any kind souls willing to hop on X or Y and trade back and forth with me so I can get my last 10 pokemon?

If you are willing and able please PM me so we can exchange friend codes, etc.

Thanks to Koren for helping me out!

Producer

When bank comes out i am going to be so lost with all the new pokemon, moves etc. I am just starting to get the hang of the competitive/breeding aspect with the current mons.

I see we won't be reaching our mission's goal despite the lowered ceiling, we're only halfway there at present with three days to go. Oh well

Regiruler

Even as bad as the skull admin theme is, the fact that
Plumeria doesn't get it in the battle tree leaving you stuck with the normal trainer theme
really sucks.

Articalys

I see we won't be reaching our mission's goal despite the lowered ceiling, we're only halfway there at present with three days to go. Oh well
The incredible disconnect between the concept of global missions, which are a neat idea and a way to get the community active, and the implementation of them, relying on the game's terrible online connectivity mechanics, is a sight to behold.

Infinite

What are good check and counters to Tapu Lele.

So far I know Alolan Muk destroys it but I feel like my team I'm thinking of has a big lele weakness

Holy crap, why was Totem Mimikyu so tough? The difficulty of the game seems so wonky at times. Like, it was just always going first and one-shotting everyone. If it wasn't for Sinister Arrow Raid after barely surviving one hit, I wouldn't have made it. What am I doing wrong lol?

What are good check and counters to Tapu Lele.

So far I know Alolan Muk destroys it but I feel like my team I'm thinking of has a big lele weakness
Magnezone handles it as well as other Tapus and UBs. Specially defensive Celesteela too if Lele doesn't have Thunderbolt

alvmew

I have a few new things up for trade in 4/5IV as always, but besides the Growlithe, super limited quantities:

• Level Ball Growlithe (Calm), Flash Fire & Intimidate w/ Egg Moves:
- Burn Up
- Close Combat
- Howl
- Morning Sun

• Love Ball Bounsweet (Jolly), Oblivious w/ Egg Moves:
- Play Rough
- Chsrm
- Grass Whistle
- Synthesis

• Lure Ball Bagon (Jolly), Rock Head w/ Egg Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Fang
- Thrash
- Hydro Pump

• Premier Ball Lillipup (Adamant), all abilities including HA w/ Egg Moves:
- Psychic Fangs
- Pursuit
- Yawn
- Howl

IGN: Luis
FC: 1547-6519-8426

(And I still have everything from my old list as well!)

I have a few new things up for trade in 4/5IV as always, but besides the Growlithe, super limited quantities:

- Burn Up
- Close Combat
- Howl
- Morning Sun

- Play Rough
- Chsrm
- Grass Whistle
- Synthesis

- Dragon Dance
- Fire Fang
- Thrash
- Hydro Pump

- Psychic Fangs
- Pursuit
- Yawn
- Howl

I'd love the Bounsweet! But how does this work???

I have a question about the Egg exploit (using Magikarp then swapping it to get a shiny):

If my target is a HA Vulpix, does it still have the whatever % chance to pass down the HA with this technique? So, when I get the shiny Magikarp, SR, then swap HA Vulpix into the daycare, does the shiny have the regular chance to have HA? Or is that predetermined before?

- Burn Up
- Close Combat
- Howl
- Morning Sun

- Play Rough
- Chsrm
- Grass Whistle
- Synthesis

- Dragon Dance
- Fire Fang
- Thrash
- Hydro Pump

- Psychic Fangs
- Pursuit
- Yawn
- Howl

Care if I get a Bagon?

Juicy Bob

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who didn't realise you could 'hold' the stylus on the screen on Poke Pelago Isle Abeens to hoover up all the loose beans on the ground instead of picking them all individually?

Masked Man

I said wow
Please tell me I wasn't the only one who didn't realise you could 'hold' the stylus on the screen on Poke Pelago Isle Abeens to hoover up all the loose beans on the ground instead of picking them all individually?

I didn't, either, but that'll save me a lot of time now. Thanks!

Neonep

I fasho didn't know that. Thanks.

Koren

I learned it from GAF a couple weeks ago, or else I would probably still pick those one by one ^_^

Anybody want to trade so I can get a Porygon-Z & Porygon2. I'll give you those same ones in return.
Since there's no other offer... I can't do 1:1 with you, but I can help you evolve those if you're interested (I just receive yours and send it back)

Does sun or moon have better Pokemon?
Since some UB are available several times (2 or 4) and thus can be traded, and you get twice the cover legendary (so you can trade it too), and given the really low number of "normal" exclusive, I'd say versions doesn't really matter much.

Demoli

- Burn Up
- Close Combat
- Howl
- Morning Sun

- Play Rough
- Chsrm
- Grass Whistle
- Synthesis

- Dragon Dance
- Fire Fang
- Thrash
- Hydro Pump

- Psychic Fangs
- Pursuit
- Yawn
- Howl

Dayum, that bagon looks nice, can i have one? My for trade list is still on my recent posts so choose one you want.

ReiGun

Hey everyone. I have a 3 4IV Adamant Bounsweet w/ Oblivious and Play Rough and 12 4/5IV Jolly Mimikyu I want to give away. Not looking for anything in exchange; just want to "spread the wealth" as it were.

The Bounsweet are in Quick Balls and the Mimikyu are in Dusk Balls.

FC: 3540-0712-9514
SC: ReiGun

Top Bottom