• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Kawl_USC

finally got home

gonna read the thousands of posts and have something semi-productive out in the next few hours

had some other garbage come up after getting home. not going to be able to have something tonight as I have to go to sleep for work. but i'll slack off at work and have something out in the morning.

Vote: Kawl_USC

lynch me if I don't

Sorian

Banned
But I was talking... 😐

Why are you so confident after misreading me in Persona?

I didn't misread you in persona, I started with a slight scum read on you then flipped it to town, here I started with a slight town read and flipped it to scum.

I don't mean biggest argument as in he is your top scum pick. I mean you invested the most posts in your argument with him than you have an argument for Ty or acohrs.

By that logic, I spent way more time having a tiff with Kawl than anything. Not really the original point of this conversation though, it was about why I think some people are fake and some are genuine in getting others to talk. That said, would love to see a raise of hands of who actually read much from what melon wrote from her notes because I know I didn't. I don't even say that to quell conversation but because summarizing what has happened doesn't assist in much of anything.

had some other garbage come up after getting home. not going to be able to have something tonight as I have to go to sleep for work. but i'll slack off at work and have something out in the morning.

lynch me if I don't

I quoted this wanting to say something but general sentiment that was going to come across in a joke of some sort is "sketchy"

Sophia

Generalized notes are really not needed. The purpose of notes is a) show your work on a specific subject you wish to discuss and b) jog your memory when you personally re-read them.

Sophia

Also, while I should be back for day's end, I will be out of town for much of tomorrow. So I may not respond to stuff right away. Got an appointment I've delayed off for over a month now.

Bronx-Man

Banned

lynch me if I don't
Wait, what???

OK. Changing tactics. However, here is where I’m at after reviewing the thread.

TOWN

Franconp – I was skeptical of Fran’s brief mechanics discussion because it seemed out of place to me. I know in the past we’ve had a rather turbulent relationship with calling each other scum, despite us both being town. Fran seems very consistent with his town self and would probably be my strongest town read in the game thus far. Lean Town.

Sophia – I know there has been talk of her being quiet, myself included, on the first few pages. But her reasoning is are supposed and I think her efforts to contribute are genuine instead of going through the motions. She is skeptical and asking questions. Lean Town.

Ty4on – Ty is tough to read, he is asking questions, being helpful, but he also tends to do so when being scum also. Nothing he has done so far has seemed particularly scummy, but I also worry because nothing he has done has really stood out to me. The only thing that comes to mind was his exchange with Kyan and possibly as soft-claim that Kyan was correct on his assumption that Ty has a good role. Townish.

Splinter – has been a rather mellow presence in this game thus far, which isn’t something I expected initially. And that really all I can fault him for that would make me question him not being town. His is engaging and picking apart arguments, particular more on the last few pages. Townish.

NULL

Bronx-Man – His defense on himself is in line with past games and has he has come across as mostly wanting to be involved. I guess. Null.

StanleyPalmtree – Normally, I go easy on Stan. He has his own way of participating in the game threads. But I feel in this game he is way underperforming and I really feel like he is coasting – it is hard to say if that’s a matter of survive or a matter of scum lurking. Null.

Sorian – I don’t like the Bronx argument and I’m not sure what to make of his interactions with Natiko and later Kawl. The latter seems far less manufactured the former but I feel a little uneasy regardless. Null.

CzarTim – Not familiar enough with CzarTim’s play style really judge his behavior thus far in the game. Therefore, I’m going to have to say null for now.

Kawl_USC – has given much yet, and that seems to be a time factor. Not sure how to feel about the self-vote. Null.

SCUM

CCS – is someone else whose behavior has been off. Has said a lot but nothing of substance or value, seems very detached from the thread at large other than a jab as someone here or there. There also seems like a lot of subtle shade being thrown at Acohrs. Lean Scum.

Nin1000 – Nin feels off to me. His questions for everyone seemed strange, he didn’t want for any response and has been very floaty and without much opinion of his own, instead usually piggybacking off other player’s reads. Lean Scum.

Natiko – I’m not hugely familiar with Natiko’s style but I remember him being more curious and asking questions. He has been as very meek presence. Slight Scum.

Cabot – Not feeling the good doctor. Can’t put it into coherent words yet, so purely gut something is wrong here. Slight Scum.

Likely scum here, can’t really form an in-depth opinion as they’ve combined had zero presence:

Ynnek7
Pop-O-Matic
MagnumBoy20xx
& AbsolutBro

OTHER

Kyanrute – no fucking idea.

Acohrs – it has been already pointed out that this one has been all over the place. Very little content and not really engaging with anyone, despite multiple attempts from various people. Claiming ignorance and downplaying experience, despite winning their previous game as scum, and earning lots of kudos. D1 isn’t that different from other days, so the defense rings a little hollow to me. My vote would for Acohrs however I not convinced Acohrs is scum, I starting that Acohrs wants people voting for him and possibly a neutral. Because as town, I want Acohrs to cut it out and get serious, if I was scum, I want Acohrs to cut it out and stop drawing so much attention D1. Neutral.

All that said,

VOTE: CCS

Give me some thoughts.

Ynnek7

Apologies, everyone. The weekend kind of got away from me, so I haven't really had a chance to sit down and type. Gonna try to go through quickly and give my thoughts.

Pop-O-Matic - Null Read
Currently has the fewest posts other than me, and that post came in on Saturday. Nothing at all to go on except for a barely explained vote on Sophia.

They've yet to respond to a prod vote place on them by StanleyPalmtree.

Unless I'm forgetting, this is my first game with Pop, so I'm not sure how active he usually is or if that changes based on alignment.

StanleyPalmtree - Slight Scum Read
While posting and taking part in conversations, there isn't much to glean from those posts.

His most informative post is the one in which he votes for Pop.
There, he states:
That he's glad that Sorian is getting people talking, while still disagreeing with him.
That he currently buys Acohrs "I'm new" defense, mostly since they continued to post instead of hiding from their mistakes.

Later, when questioned further on the Pop vote, he says that he wants to make sure that no one gets lost amidst all the other, more talkative, players.

Acohrs - Slight Scum Read
As someone who still feels new to the game, I wasn't quite sure how to feel about you at first.
A few things that caught my attention:
Not sure how I feel about your rugby chat with CCS. Felt a little bit forced and out of place.
Not even a day into the game and you brought up wanting to lynch the most inactive player. For obvious reasons, I'm against that idea, but maybe you also knew your team wasn't in danger with that plan.

While I'm also not sure about you or Stanley, though, I do agree with him about your dedication to stick around despite it making you a target and topic of discussion.
------------
And I got started on this a lot later than I had hoped, so here are a few LIGHTING ROUND reads.

Splinter- Leaning Town, seems to be less aggressive than when I played with him when he was scum.
MagnumBoy20xx - Most of his posts at this point have been him defending his vote on AbsolutBro, and his definition of active.
Kyanrute - Called me out for saying something he has said before as scum. I'll be the first to admit, I'm a pretty weak player, especially day one. I've been lynched in the past for it, and posted what I said partially as a way to kick myself into playing better.

For everyone else, I'm having trouble coming up with anything useful that hasn't already been discussed. There are a lot of relationships forming, though, which will be fun to look into more after a flip or two.

CCS

Banned
Not particularly a fan on day one reads lists, so I won't be doing one. Unless someone does something obvious I prefer to keep my mind open at this stage and not put labels on people that will muddy my thinking later.

I'm keeping my vote on Ty, it's not a particularly strong vote but I'm not sure of a better one at the moment.

So Pop still hasnt come back, that's annoying, and in my experience and absence this long often is more likely to be broken by _______ is being replaced, than by them coming back.

The current hubub seems to be over ty4on, while i cant say hes particularly townie in any sense im pretty unconvinced on the arguments that are throwing shade at him, guessing im just falling null on him at the moment.

Im finding myself turning around on Acohrs, the many people recounting his apparently strong play in his only previous game has me doubting my initial belief of the whole Inexperience excuse. That and his big accusation against sorian just read like complete bull, not feeling full scum vibes just yet, but it is certainly heading in that direction.

only other significant scum feeling are coming from natikos more recent posts, but then i hvant paid natiko all that much attention this game, so i think imma going back through the game and see if i cant get a more concrete feeling there. this may just be due to the 'inexperience' card being played like 4 posts in a row.

side note, Fran is getting vague bad feelings about me. now i dont usually like to make calls based on a players previous games, but with Fran this makes me almost certain that he's town.

Stan, could you elaborate on your meta point about Fran? I don't follow.

In the games we have played together fran ended up heavily suspecting me for very weird and illogical reasons, and he was town both times.
it would honestly worry me if he felt i was town.

Sorian

Banned
So Pop still hasnt come back, that's annoying, and in my experience and absence this long often is more likely to be broken by _______ is being replaced, than by them coming back.

The current hubub seems to be over ty4on, while i cant say hes particularly townie in any sense im pretty unconvinced on the arguments that are throwing shade at him, guessing im just falling null on him at the moment.

Im finding myself turning around on Acohrs, the many people recounting his apparently strong play in his only previous game has me doubting my initial belief of the whole Inexperience excuse. That and his big accusation against sorian just read like complete bull, not feeling full scum vibes just yet, but it is certainly heading in that direction.

only other significant scum feeling are coming from natikos more recent posts, but then i hvant paid natiko all that much attention this game, so i think imma going back through the game and see if i cant get a more concrete feeling there. this may just be due to the 'inexperience' card being played like 4 posts in a row.

side note, Fran is getting vague bad feelings about me. now i dont usually like to make calls based on a players previous games, but with Fran this makes me almost certain that he's town.

Maybe, though Pop is just as likely to start posting around day end as if he was never gone at all, certainly wouldn't be the first time. I'm actually more surprised that nin fell off the face of the earth for an entire day.

cabot

Page 8:
Fran points me to Outer Gafia where the scale is and has reviewed a sample post of the winning condition. Questions if there is more than one threat to town.
Sophia says to Fran that is a standard win condition and it meant to be ambiguous.
Stan responds to me questioning him choosing Pop and says he wants "to do my part to ensure that no one here goes unappreciated amidst all the ruckus."
Sorian says we're 3 hours and therefore he wouldn't be as confident like in Persona to Natiko. Repost his earlier read in respond to my question.
Bronx answer me and says he's calmed down a bit now since it is just Sorian and everyone else is being goofy.
I tell Sorian I skimmed it. Ask how he feels about Acohrs.
I also ask Bronx is anyone feels a little too into character
Bronx says no, everyone is in line with how he'd expect on D1.
I leave for the night but question both Ty and Sophia having votes on Sorian.
Ynnek (holy crap Ynnek is in this game??) answers survey questions and leaves.
Natiko puts a vote on Acohrs for not unvoting on Magnum
Acohrs responds to this and says it just too annoying.
CzarTim enters and puts a vote on Sophia, claiming she is just plain awkward to him. Really doesn't like her "Why would scum make such a statement in plain view of town?" comment.
Sorian says Acohrs isn't even on his radar. Says his not unvoting isn't very important to him (meaning Sorian.)
CzarTim says Acohrs shouldn't vote Magnum because he's only had two posts.
CCS says Sophia is also seeming weird to them too. Leaving a vote on Cab though.
Cabot (shows up like 20 minutes later) doesn't like my defense of Bronx. Doesn't agree with Nin that Bronx is a scared player. Doesn't think much of Fran's non-traditional role/mechanic discussion. Responds to CCS about Sorian (though CCS was talking about Sophia) and wants scum tips.
Cabot puts a prod vote on Kawl
Cabot doesn't think Kyan will be useful. More gifs.
CzarTim doesn't like "what would scum do" line of thought. Thinks the games has enough shit poster to make it easy for scum to blend in.
Cabot responds to Ynnek's only post and wants to know Ynnek’s thoughts on Zelda.
Cabot doesn't think Sophia is scummy and normally does but she's always town. Need more evidence to believe she's scum.
CCS wants to know who has not posted.
Cabot answers CCS - AB, Splinter and Kawl
CCS thanks Cabot and puts a vote on AB
CzarTim is sarcastically to CCS (after just talking about shit posting being a bad thing)
Acohrs does want to unvote Magnum because he answered the prod. Talks about double masons...I legit don't understand this post.
Acohrs comments to themselves or maybe Tim still--I don't know what is happening.
CzarTim says Natiko is a bad mason because he voted. Still think it is fine if Acohrs leaves a vote on Magnum.
Acohrs claims Magnum has participated more than 2 other (???) and has never been around D1 in mafia before.
Splinter posts. Thinks Ty posts on Sophia vague. Doesn't like how I've treated the Bronx pressure. Nin read on Bronx -- doesn't agree with. Nothing out of the ordinary from anyone else. Although Acohrs makes splinter uneasy.
Fran comments to Acohrs that Magnum participated but said nothing. It fond of Acohrs new-found willing to unvote.
Splinter wants to know if in the previous game if CCS was town and Acohrs was scum.
CzarTim confirms Splinter’s question.
Cabot comment to Acohrs and understands as much as I do.
Acohrs unvotes Magnum and doesn't agree with Fran's argument to leave the vote on.
CzarTim brings up that Pop is also voting for Soph. Wants Fran to commit to a vote.
Cabot tells Ynnek to shut up.
Cabot is worried about CCS.
Fran has nothing and doesn't want to commit to a vote yet. Doesn't understand the Bronx push.
Cabot says the chances of an experienced Gafia player not on the scum team is very low. Doesn't like the Bronx push either.
CzarTim says that it is fine if Fran doesn't have a vote but it town leaning him and wanted to know where he was at. Also doesn't like the Bronx push.
CzarTim then wonders why everyone is calling it a push.
Cabot says it is because people--me and nin and Sorian--reacted to it.
CzarTim says to Cabot that Nin was open and Ty and Me defended Bronx.
Cabot says that defending him is an interesting reaction.
Fran says that he problem with Acohrs is that the vote wasn't a prod. And that he wouldn't unvote so fast.

Fran I’m feeling better about. CCS and Acohrs are acting very strange. Acohrs goes completely on the rails and I can’t not follow what is going on. Cabot also has me worried. I’m not familiar enough with Tim to comment on him.

You have me worried, considering your information is faulty.

I told Ynnek to step up, not shut up.

I also don't believe I implied I didnt read Sophia as scummy, it was more a 'I can't read Sophia very well, but she's not ringing alarm bells yet'

It was more a 'null' than 'not scummy'.

cabot

I have been much more active than absolut and haven't voted yet. So I'm not buying your vote.

Still waiting for magnum to explain to me what his vote on AbsolutBro will do, as I doubt it'll suddenly make him vote.

Definitely feels a little mellow in what I've read so far. He doesn't seem too off. He does get distance when he's scum but that is normally late game, early game he runs a very pro-town leadership kind-of role.

Open question -- I'm taking notes about who said what to who post by post for each page. If it would be interesting or helpful I can post it in the thread, just curious.

Please just don't blanket post it, offer some thoughts and analysis.

I think I know the answer, but why?

The usual, when scum you're usually a lot more on top of things in the game and proactive. You tend to be a bit more laid back when Town. Not much to go on, but you didn't give me much by the point I made this post.

cabot

OK. Changing tactics. However, here is where I’m at after reviewing the thread.

TOWN

Franconp – I was skeptical of Fran’s brief mechanics discussion because it seemed out of place to me. I know in the past we’ve had a rather turbulent relationship with calling each other scum, despite us both being town. Fran seems very consistent with his town self and would probably be my strongest town read in the game thus far. Lean Town.

Sophia – I know there has been talk of her being quiet, myself included, on the first few pages. But her reasoning is are supposed and I think her efforts to contribute are genuine instead of going through the motions. She is skeptical and asking questions. Lean Town.

Ty4on – Ty is tough to read, he is asking questions, being helpful, but he also tends to do so when being scum also. Nothing he has done so far has seemed particularly scummy, but I also worry because nothing he has done has really stood out to me. The only thing that comes to mind was his exchange with Kyan and possibly as soft-claim that Kyan was correct on his assumption that Ty has a good role. Townish.

Splinter – has been a rather mellow presence in this game thus far, which isn’t something I expected initially. And that really all I can fault him for that would make me question him not being town. His is engaging and picking apart arguments, particular more on the last few pages. Townish.

NULL

Bronx-Man – His defense on himself is in line with past games and has he has come across as mostly wanting to be involved. I guess. Null.

StanleyPalmtree – Normally, I go easy on Stan. He has his own way of participating in the game threads. But I feel in this game he is way underperforming and I really feel like he is coasting – it is hard to say if that’s a matter of survive or a matter of scum lurking. Null.

Sorian – I don’t like the Bronx argument and I’m not sure what to make of his interactions with Natiko and later Kawl. The latter seems far less manufactured the former but I feel a little uneasy regardless. Null.

CzarTim – Not familiar enough with CzarTim’s play style really judge his behavior thus far in the game. Therefore, I’m going to have to say null for now.

Kawl_USC – has given much yet, and that seems to be a time factor. Not sure how to feel about the self-vote. Null.

SCUM

CCS – is someone else whose behavior has been off. Has said a lot but nothing of substance or value, seems very detached from the thread at large other than a jab as someone here or there. There also seems like a lot of subtle shade being thrown at Acohrs. Lean Scum.

Nin1000 – Nin feels off to me. His questions for everyone seemed strange, he didn’t want for any response and has been very floaty and without much opinion of his own, instead usually piggybacking off other player’s reads. Lean Scum.

Natiko – I’m not hugely familiar with Natiko’s style but I remember him being more curious and asking questions. He has been as very meek presence. Slight Scum.

Cabot – Not feeling the good doctor. Can’t put it into coherent words yet, so purely gut something is wrong here. Slight Scum.

Likely scum here, can’t really form an in-depth opinion as they’ve combined had zero presence:

Ynnek7
Pop-O-Matic
MagnumBoy20xx
& AbsolutBro

OTHER

Kyanrute – no fucking idea.

Acohrs – it has been already pointed out that this one has been all over the place. Very little content and not really engaging with anyone, despite multiple attempts from various people. Claiming ignorance and downplaying experience, despite winning their previous game as scum, and earning lots of kudos. D1 isn’t that different from other days, so the defense rings a little hollow to me. My vote would for Acohrs however I not convinced Acohrs is scum, I starting that Acohrs wants people voting for him and possibly a neutral. Because as town, I want Acohrs to cut it out and get serious, if I was scum, I want Acohrs to cut it out and stop drawing so much attention D1. Neutral.

All that said,

VOTE: CCS

Give me some thoughts.

CCS threw shade at acohrs, but then decided to not vote him cause he likes rugby. He's does a name and role claim already in the game, and he's just generally voted for inactives for no other reason than 'no posts'. You think those are three things a scum would do, without being told by his team mates to simmer down or act with more purpose?

It's not the first time I've seen someone post notes to show how town they are, they started with brief analysis but it literally became writing meeting minutes of the game so far. I've also shown there are at least a few interpretation errors, ones which now seem rather suspect since they involved me and you have me as a scum read.

cabot

I'm honestly puzzled how Tim can be a null read, he's done more than enough to have a harder stance on. Splinter has picked up just now but I'd definitely say he's a lot less certain than Tim

?????

Sorian

Banned
I'm honestly puzzled how Tim can be a null read, he's done more than enough to have a harder stance on. Splinter has picked up just now but I'd definitely say he's a lot less certain than Tim

?????

I'm pretty null on Tim too in all honesty. The most he did was that weird line of questioning with Ty. If Ty is scum then that is something I'd re-visit but on it's own, it was just a really weak line that was too vague to get anything from (I liked the exchange, he's good).

franconp

VOTE: Acohrs

I'm voting for Acohrs as he is the one I'm getting the most scum readings. He made several mistakes and tried to go after inactives day one. Magmum also feels scum but lynching him now will gives us little to go on further in the game. At least flipping Acohrs would let us see if there was something behind that weird exchange with CCS.

cabot

melon, I look at your read list, and a good number of players that aren't town read are ones I'd be very weary of as Scum and knowing they weren't on my team.

Like your town list:

Sophia :- Can be useful for Town if town-aligned, but also can be reluctant to make votes which make her appear scummy (to me at least)

Splinter :- Has proven before he can go off completely on the wrong tangent as town, and is stubborn so will follow his targets to the death. Also never claims truthfully. Bad lover.

Fran :- Probably the most dangerous town player on your town list, though has a tendency to throw crazy theories out which can be seen as distracting to town.

Ty :- As Town, he's more of a mediator and an alternate opinion among the group, though his reading is reasonably inconsistent.

I understand there's a lot of WIFOM in my argument right now, but honestly it just seems like thinking Sorian, Tim, myself, Kawl, Stan are all not looking town currently is suspect.

I think CCS is currently an easy target, and I town read him for his behaviour. Acohrs is tricky because yeah he could be scum, but again it's not exactly a wild opinion to look at him suspiciously.

You say he's Neutral? as in neutral alignment or a null read? why is neutral used instead of null if so?

cabot

VOTE: Acohrs

I'm voting for Acohrs as he is the one I'm getting the most scum readings. He made several mistakes and tried to go after inactives day one. Magmum also feels scum but lynching him now will gives us little to go on further in the game. At least flipping Acohrs would let us see if there was something behind that weird exchange with CCS.

So you think that was scum buttering each other up? Neither would be aware that the whole exchange ending with CCS switching vote target because rugby lulz was manufactured bantz?

It's either manufactured or genuine. If genuine then why post it here in this thread when if both are scum they have a private chat they could do that with no consequences.

If manufactured, what purpose does it give them that benefits them in this game?

CzarTim

Still think Sophia is my strongest scum read, but it's super gut based and not comfortable pushing a vote there.

I think cabot is my strongest town read rn.

CCS feels much more reserved than last game. Like last game he seemed to be having more fun, but now he's not? Like he's cautious but here.

Agree with cab's statements on melon, and we've def. seen scum post their notes to show how townie they are before.
Vote:melonrabbit

Aco, I actually read him as frustrated townie when I / fran pushed him earlier. Like he couldn't understand why he was being pressured which reads more town than scum, who know and want to change.

I am not feeling super great today, but will be around. If it takes me a bit to reply, that's why./

cabot

I'm pretty null on Tim too in all honesty. The most he did was that weird line of questioning with Ty. If Ty is scum then that is something I'd re-visit but on it's own, it was just a really weak line that was too vague to get anything from (I liked the exchange, he's good).

Fair enough, that's at least a reason based on this game, though.

Melon's reasoning was completely meta based when Tim has been one of the more active posters. Easily can make a read from what hes saying here instead of theoretically how he has played before.

Sorian

Banned
Still think Sophia is my strongest scum read, but it's super gut based and not comfortable pushing a vote there.

I think cabot is my strongest town read rn.

CCS feels much more reserved than last game. Like last game he seemed to be having more fun, but now he's not? Like he's cautious but here.

Agree with cab's statements on melon, and we've def. seen scum post their notes to show how townie they are before.
Vote:melonrabbit

Aco, I actually read him as frustrated townie when I / fran pushed him earlier. Like he couldn't understand why he was being pressured which reads more town than scum, who know and want to change.

I am not feeling super great today, but will be around. If it takes me a bit to reply, that's why./

Why is Sophia your strongest scum read but you aren't comfortable putting a vote there? How do you put those statements together?

CzarTim

I don't believe you should vote out someone who is contributing a lot to the discussion on day one, even if you are scum leaning them. If you are right, waiting to push them in future days gives you way more to work on in future days. If you are wrong, well you are doing scum's job for them. Town loses when it's big talkers are gone.

So yes, I am scum reading her, but it's a day one gut read and I am acknowledging she has been contributing positively to town regardless of alignment.

cabot

Is reserved CCS making you think scum Tim or just an odd thing you noted?

Splinter, what's your read on CCS?

franconp

What would a town or scum flip tell you about CCS, specifically?

All that rubgy talk seemed fabricated to me, like trying to help CCS make a presence in the game instead of the null he was before. Also to create a link between the two of them to avoid been called out later in the game for not interacting between themselves. And the "I will not vote you because you like rugby" it's really weird.

Fran :- Probably the most dangerous town player on your town list, though has a tendency to throw crazy theories out which can be seen as distracting to town.

I have played 4 games this far (this is my 5th) and in the only one I made crazy theories was Overwatch. I don't like how you are using it as an excuse.

CzarTim

I don't believe you should vote out someone who is contributing a lot to the discussion on day one, even if you are scum leaning them. If you are right, waiting to push them in future days gives you way more to work on in future days. If you are wrong, well you are doing scum's job for them. Town loses when it's big talkers are gone.

So yes, I am scum reading her, but it's a day one gut read and I am acknowledging she has been contributing positively to town regardless of alignment.

am on cold medicine if that's hard to read

cabot

All that rubgy talk seemed fabricated to me, like trying to help CCS make a presence in the game instead of the null he was before. Also to create a link between the two of them to avoid been called out later in the game for not interacting between themselves. And the "I will not vote you because you like rugby" it's really weird.

I have played 4 games this far (this is my 5th) and in the only one I made crazy theories was Overwatch. I don't like how you are using it as an excuse.

An excuse for what? I'm offering my thoughts of how I'd look at you as a scum considering what I remember of playing with you and spectating you. There was also theories in Persona Mafia.

CCS

Banned

On the reserved thing, it's probably partly down to the fact that I've been a) really busy and b) not drunk at any time since the game started :p

*Splinter

I'm not seeing any difference between him now and in Pop. I've got him as a weak town read based on that alone, and haven't seen much else to comment on (apart from the rugby thing which was just weird for any alignment).

I scumread him early on in Pop, and if it weren't for that prior experience I'd probably be doing the same here.

cabot

I'm not seeing any difference between him now and in Pop. I've got him as a weak town read based on that alone, and haven't seen much else to comment on (apart from the rugby thing which was just weird for any alignment).

I scumread him early on in Pop, and if it weren't for that prior experience I'd probably be doing the same here.

This is close in line with my thinking, I also believe he's done quite a few weird things, things that shouldn't have happened if he was a member of a specified team like scum.

The vanilla claim being the main thing.

*Splinter

This is close in line with my thinking, I also believe he's done quite a few weird things, things that shouldn't have happened if he was a member of a specified team like scum.

The vanilla claim being the main thing.
Ah I forgot the vanilla thing. That claim actually made me think he was trying to intentionally be "too scummy to be scum". Did he claim ordinary in Pop as well?

*Splinter

Or if not CCS then did someone else claim vanilla early? It just feels like an intentional mistake but I'm not 100% sure if CCS has seen it happen before

CCS

Banned
Or if not CCS then did someone else claim vanilla early? It just feels like an intentional mistake but I'm not 100% sure if CCS has seen it happen before

I thought someone did it in Pop, but I might be getting confused and mixing up LoC's vig claim in that game.

cabot

Vote: Cabot

Who knows, maybe it'll annoy him :p

Note: Anyone who answers yes to the above question deserves modkilling.

True, I should have known not to expect Cab to be sober enough to post on a Friday :p

In Pop, I played from the start and acohrs subbed in for someone halfway through.

Me? Groose, vanilla town.

CCS posts since the game started, ending with his claim.

note there are no votes on CCS at the time when claiming, he was answering a direct question from nin.

Seems a bit of a bad time to do the 'too scummy to be scum' play when absolutely nothing was happening to him.

*Splinter

Btw lover it's interesting that you note Fran as someone who is dangerous to scum. I noticed this line in melon's reads:

Which essentially reads as "yo Fran remember all those times you scumread me and were wrong? Yeah you always scumread me when I'm town, huh? Guess you should ignore your gut if you happen to be scumreading me."

And then Stan did basically the same thing as well.

franconp

An excuse for what? I'm offering my thoughts of how I'd look at you as a scum considering what I remember of playing with you and spectating you. There was also theories in Persona Mafia.

I feel you are creating a narrative. "He may be or not be scum but we should lynch him anyway because, even as a townie, he could be dangerous".

There was no crazy theories in Persona and someone who was in that game could back me up. Just the lightning rod and the blame is on Natiko and, mostly, Sophia, who didn't make it sound as a lightning rod at all in the PM.

If you want to know how I would look as a scum it's Animal Crossing. I was scum there (also not crazy theories).

CzarTim

Btw lover it's interesting that you note Fran as someone who is dangerous to scum. I noticed this line in melon's reads:

Which essentially reads as "yo Fran remember all those times you scumread me and were wrong? Yeah you always scumread me when I'm town, huh? Guess you should ignore your gut if you happen to be scumreading me."

This is a good post, bud

franconp

Add Nin too. He did the same in one of his first post.

franconp

Ok Franconp.

Lets assume you are saying the truth, the absolute thruth.

How can i start improving our relationship ?
We had several games where i did not trust you and in the end i was wrong ( like almost , if not , every time ). But this time i want to see if my gut tells me the truth.

Here is Nin's.

cabot

I feel you are creating a narrative. "He may be or not be scum but we should lynch him anyway because, even as a townie, he could be dangerous".

There was no crazy theories in Persona and someone who was in that game could back me up. Just the lightning rod and the blame is on Natiko and, mostly, Sophia, who didn't make it sound as a lightning rod at all in the PM.

If you want to know how I would look as a scum it's Animal Crossing. I was scum there (also not crazy theories).

you're still misinterpreting what I mean.

I was looking at that town-read list from melon, and offering my thoughts on each player if I was scum, and they were all town aligned. These are the thoughts I'd have, you're dangerous to scum because you are proactive, open and omnipresent even when under pressure. For me specifically, the theory thing is something I would take advantage of as scum by using it against you in pushing for your lynch.

I'm not creating a narrative to lynch you, I'm trying to show how a scum would think by posting a read list and who I'd try to target via NK or lynch.

I lean town on you currently.

cabot

My current scum reads for the day phase are as follows:

melonrabbit
AbsolutBro
acohrs

I'd also consider nin, the only town post I got was when he responded to me feeling uneasy on him, but it was just a 'shut up cabot i'm town' response in that typical nin way. The absence is also noted.

acohrs I'm still swaying to and fro on, but while I definitely think scrumgate rules out both acohrs and CCS being scum, it doesn't stop one of them from being scum. His play is reminiscent of Pop, though a bit more error prone than that. Symptom of being on his own as Town? Maybe. It's not a strong read but its pointing to scum overall.

AB I still didn't like his first post, and I am not with Sorian's argument of him being a useful player as the game develops. Need to work on it on day-by-day and on this phase alone he's a lynch target. I'd like him to offer some more thoughts before the day is out.

Top Bottom