• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

franconp

Actually while I'm here let's talk about this post.

No the exchange between Sorian, Vere and Bronx is not weird. Sorian is doing a bit of questioning and fishing for reactions to make his reads better.

And again you seem very concerned about how people are voting when it is really clear that most votes cast so far are probing votes, prodding votes and not necessarily about who people think is scum. And votes right now are of little importance with 2 days to go and there will be no day one turbo.

My vote for Bronx isn't weird. I explained it at the time. And if Bronx doesn't understand what Sorian was doing then he doesn't understand my vote for him. Although his thrashing about demanding answers does make me think he is town.

So if anything has been weird it is your analysis of the entire situation.

How long do we keep doing probing votes and prodding votes? Sorian is already scum reading Bronx but never made a vote for him. So why not make a vote?

You didn't explained your vote. You went to backup Sorian out of nowhere. And you where asked for explanation your only answer was "NO". And when Vere put a little pressure on you you offered to change your vote to him. And now you are town reading him simply for demanding answer. I think your arguments are really weak and all over the place. You really can't defend that vote.

Sorian

Banned
How long do we keep doing probing votes and prodding votes? Sorian is already scum reading Bronx but never made a vote for him. So why not make a vote?

You didn't explained your vote. You went to backup Sorian out of nowhere. And you where asked for explanation your only answer was "NO". And when Vere put a little pressure on you you offered to change your vote to him. And now you are town reading him simply for demanding answer. I think your arguments are really weak and all over the place. You really can't defend that vote.

I am voting for someone that I scum read? Don't use someone else's assertion and try to apply it to me. That's not how arguments work.

franconp

If Faddy is scum, he is going very far out of his way to appeal to my sensibilities which isn't really the best bet since I die early in most games and this is a known quantity. For someone who needs it spelled out, doesn't really seem like scum behavior.

It wouldn't be the first time.

This is such a bad read that either you are not paying attention or are scum yourself.

Go look at how the voting has went on the first day. I vote early for Verelios. Then Sorian comes in later and also puts a vote on Verelios with only minor reasoning. Now we are both round about this Bronx thing.

Either this is the worst scum play of all time or we both can't be scum.

I'm scum because you can defend your vote? Come on!!!! It's only missing a vote to go full OMGUS on me.

You voted Vere for a really stupid reason. It was a joke vote. Sorian vote made a lot more sense than yours. And Vere's post that triggered Sorian's vote was just before you made your vote on him. Also Sorian never voted Bronx. Only you did.

Natiko

Banned
He made like one or two joke posts in the middle of the night US time if I'm remembering right.

Yeah, he has one post of no substance. I've never played with Crab before but in reading games he's been in I get the impression he generally has a bit more to say.

squidyj

Squidys question was a good opportunity to get on my soap box and politely request town players to step their shit up, which has been a running motif of mine for a while. Not to mention getting input from the more insightful players into what they pertain as anti town is neat. Different folks see different things. Sharing that info is nice.

Sure you can argue "but it tells scum what to look out for and avoid" but anti town behavior is anti town behavior regardless. Behavior is pro town generally when it produces more content to look over which is the most useful thing when it comes to catching scum. And it's not the scum players who need these tips that we should be fearful of, it's the ones who already know all of it that are the insidious ones.

I would really like it if every scum player stepped up and said something, that'd be great. I like having them make up bullshit first that they have to stand for later on rather than allowing them to make up bullshit that fits the situation they're in.

Faddy

Banned
It wouldn't be the first time.

I'm scum because you can defend your vote? Come on!!!! It's only missing a vote to go full OMGUS on me.

You voted Vere for a really stupid reason. It was a joke vote. Sorian vote made a lot more sense than yours. And Vere's post that triggered Sorian's vote was just before you made your vote on him. Also Sorian never voted Bronx. Only you did.

Both votes were pressing votes. Bronx and Vere both reacted. Vere didn't seem to care and saw it as a joke. Bronx was being obnoxious so I put a vote on him to see what his reaction would be.

Who knew your reaction would be the most interesting.

franconp

I am voting for someone that I scum read? Don't use someone else's assertion and try to apply it to me. That's not how arguments work.

You are NOT voting for someone that you scum read. That's why I asked you.

But I can understand your Acohrs vote. I missed the NA on the list. The exchange is a little less weird. Faddy's vote isn't.

squidyj

I don't like Kyan or acohrs right now, I poked Kyan earlier to see how he'd respond, he gave one one line post then and has since given another single line post. The feeling I get is that maybe Kyan doesn't feel entirely comfortable.

I don't like that Acohrs went and filled out Blarg's form even if it was joke reads. just seems like he's trying too hard right now.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, he has one post of no substance. I've never played with Crab before but in reading games he's been in I get the impression he generally has a bit more to say.

He is more active as scum but he knows that and even said so himself before the game started, also said he would be busy with a new job so activity probably is going to get us no where on a crab read.

But I can understand your Acohrs vote. I missed the NA on the list. The exchange is a little less weird. Faddy's vote isn't.

???

Just because I lean scum on Bronx doesn't mean I'm also not scum reading other people. What kind of weird assertion is this?

franconp

Both votes were pressing votes. Bronx and Vere both reacted. Vere didn't seem to care and saw it as a joke. Bronx was being obnoxious so I put a vote on him to see what his reaction would be.

Who knew your reaction would be the most interesting.

Voting because he reads Archie is a pressing vote???? You could have said RNG and it would made more sense. Vere didn't seemed to care because you made a really obvious joke vote.

And you didn't give a reason to vote for Bronx. It could easily be a RNG vote. Bronx already had a RNG vote so why bother to made another one. If you wanted to pressure Bronx you should have given him a reason.

And if you could just justify your vote I would reacted. But you couldn't, and still can't.

Natiko

Banned
I don't really agree with Faddy's points, but I don't think his play and accusations thus far feel particularly different than past games.

Fran seems a bit more defensive than I'm used to, but it could just be that there's nothing else to talk about currently.

Really though the shit post to actual post ratio in this game has made it pretty hard to gain much insight. D1 is always a bit rough, but I feel more blind than usual right now. There's a lot of players that haven't contributed much and even of the ones with higher post counts there's a lot of them that have 90% or more shit posts.

franconp

???

Just because I lean scum on Bronx doesn't mean I'm also not scum reading other people. What kind of weird assertion is this?

I was just fixing your statement in that post. You said the completely opposite as what I have said before.

Natiko

Banned
He is more active as scum but he knows that and even said so himself before the game started, also said he would be busy with a new job so activity probably is going to get us no where on a crab read.

Ah, I did not know about the job stuff.

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Maybe you want to come around and do more than talk about jello.

Sorian

Banned
I was just fixing your statement in that post. You said the completely opposite as what I have said before.

I don't know what this is saying.

Ah, I did not know about the job stuff.

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Maybe you want to come around and do more than talk about jello.

Man, if I was scum if Crab, I just did a great job of getting you to buckle on that vote real quick.

i am very confused by most of this arguing,

is franconp trying to tell people what their reads are and where their votes should be?
because thats what it looks like.

Natiko

Banned

Man, if I was scum if Crab, I just did a great job of getting you to buckle on that vote real quick.

If you two were scum together I don't think you would have made a point to bring real life excuses into it as that's an area that isn't to be abused. My bad for taking your word on it?

Faddy

Banned
Voting because he reads Archie is a pressing vote???? You could have said RNG and it would made more sense. Vere didn't seemed to care because you made a really obvious joke vote.

And you didn't give a reason to vote for Bronx. It could easily be a RNG vote. Bronx already had a RNG vote so why bother to made another one. If you wanted to pressure Bronx you should have given him a reason.

And if you could just justify your vote I would reacted. But you couldn't, and still can't.

RNG votes are dumb. You want to vote for people who are active in the thread so you get replies that you can gain info from. There is absolutely no point making an RNG vote for someone who might not show up while you are in the thread. I engaged Verelios on a frivolous topic, the vote was just an extra to make sure I didn't get ignored. Now the info that Verelios likes brunettes probably won't come up in this game but the way he reacted gives my a baseline of how to expect natural responses from him. This will help me tell if he is lying later.

The Bronx vote was because he was deflecting from Sorian's pressure for no reason so I gave him something to actually complain about.

You say I made two votes without any real justification but I end up with two completely different reactions.

Sorian

Banned
If you two were scum together I don't think you would have made a point to bring real life excuses into it as that's an area that isn't to be abused. My bad for taking your word on it?

Meh, I just expected more push back. Regardless of what he's said, he still does need to post. He did still say we get him when he isn't at work which I haven't seen so far in a 24 hour period. And my real point is he knows that people look at high activity as a sign of him before more involved because he likes being scum.

franconp

I said this:

Sorian is already scum reading Bronx but never made a vote for him.

You quoted me and said this:

I am voting for someone that I scum read?

That's the opposite of what I said before so here I'm correcting you:

i am very confused by most of this arguing,

is franconp trying to tell people what their reads are and where their votes should be?
because thats what it looks like.

Not, at all. I just think that people should be able to defend their votes. I just want to know why Faddy made that vote and why he wouldn't defend it when he was called out for it. It's really easy to scum to cast votes and not defending them later.

I don't care that he voted for Bronx but when Bronx asked for some answers he just said no. So what's the point?

Natiko

Banned
RNG votes are dumb. You want to vote for people who are active in the thread so you get replies that you can gain info from. There is absolutely no point making an RNG vote for someone who might not show up while you are in the thread. I engaged Verelios on a frivolous topic, the vote was just an extra to make sure I didn't get ignored. Now the info that Verelios likes brunettes probably won't come up in this game but the way he reacted gives my a baseline of how to expect natural responses from him. This will help me tell if he is lying later.

The Bronx vote was because he was deflecting from Sorian's pressure for no reason so I gave him something to actually complain about.

You say I made two votes without any real justification but I end up with two completely different reactions.
Are we really living in a world where you're trying to use the below exchange as justification for anything whatsoever? It's 100% fluff and gives no one a baseline for anything. If you're reading into alignment based on this you just went full Stretch Armstrong.

In my GAFIA Comic headcannon, this is where we look back and realize that was a scum call. But then again, I like to read Archie so what do I know?

Crazy kids

Reads Archie but hasn't posted in the Riverdale thread. That is all the reason I need

VOTE: Verelios

I try and stay away from you crazy kids and your shipping wars/zombie fetish/crossover fascination. *I am a pure fan.

Demotivational-Poster-archie-comics.jpeg

Archie is all about shipping. Are you Archie/Betty or Archie/Veronica?

I'm not into shipping but what kind of monster doesn't pick Veronica? ...I have a type.

Veronica is the correct answer

giphy.gif

Natiko

Banned
Meh, I just expected more push back. Regardless of what he's said, he still does need to post. He did still say we get him when he isn't at work which I haven't seen so far in a 24 hour period. And my real point is he knows that people look at high activity as a sign of him before more involved because he likes being scum.

I'm pretty sheepish about pushing people with RL excuses ever since I over stepped things in Persona when arguing with Hyper

That being said, it's not as if I'm just going to ignore him should his contributions go unchanged by day end. Just not going to waste my time there at this moment when there's several other slackers.

Faddy

Banned
Are we really living in a world where you're trying to use the below exchange as justification for anything whatsoever? It's 100% fluff and gives no one a baseline for anything. If you're reading into alignment based on this you just went full Stretch Armstrong.

I'm not reading alignment or anything into that exchange. It gives me a small baseline of what to expect.

I guess in your opinion no one should do anything to try and engage with and work people out.

Natiko

Banned
I'm not reading alignment or anything into that exchange. It gives me a small baseline of what to expect.

I guess in your opinion no one should do anything to try and engage with and work people out.
But it really doesn't. It'd be like if you asked me my favorite color and somehow thought you would be able to later use that exchange to help determine my alignment.

Faddy

Banned
I have good feelings about Faddy since they're here cooperating, seems like they're puzzle solving, but this gives me pause-

Small tunnel on Bronx. Not that I'm surprised, it just seems like a very easy dog to beat, especially this early.

But it really doesn't. It'd be like if you asked me my favorite color and somehow thought you would be able to later use that exchange to help determine my alignment.

So you can't tell anything from the way people type out answers, when they seem open, when they seem defensive? What is even the point of Mafia?

Sorian

Banned
I said this:

You quoted me and said this:

That's the opposite of what I said before so here I'm correcting you:

Not, at all. I just think that people should be able to defend their votes. I just want to know why Faddy made that vote and why he wouldn't defend it when he was called out for it. It's really easy to scum to cast votes and not defending them later.

I don't care that he voted for Bronx but when Bronx asked for some answers he just said no. So what's the point?

Oh, that's fair since the snark didn't translate to text. That was me questioning why you are saying I'm not voting for someone I find scummy because yes, I am.

franconp

Oh, that's fair since the snark didn't translate to text. That was me questioning why you are saying I'm not voting for someone I find scummy because yes, I am.

I realized that after you made the post explaining the vote. That's my bad.

The first post was an answer to Faddy's post saying that I couldn't find the exchange weird.

Natiko

Banned
I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with it but It is a hold over from the multiquote tool.
Well what you quoted does have actual substance to look back on, but in all your posts before that you referenced your exchange about Archie which again I think has nothing of value. I don't think it creates a baseline response for Verelios because it wasn't a serious exchange under even remotely real pressure nor was it about an actual game related topic.

Faddy

Banned
Well what you quoted does have actual substance to look back on, but in all your posts before that you referenced your exchange about Archie which again I think has nothing of value. I don't think it creates a baseline response for Verelios because it wasn't a serious exchange under even remotely real pressure nor was it about an actual game related topic.

I will put the post out I was originally going to do.

I am unsure of Verelios through this exchange

I have good feelings about Faddy since they're here cooperating, seems like they're puzzle solving, but this gives me pause-

Small tunnel on Bronx. Not that I'm surprised, it just seems like a very easy dog to beat, especially this early.

I will switch my vote back to you if it makes you feel better.

As the retirement community wills it, so it shall be.

Why is he town reading me? I don't think I had done much puzzle solving at that point. My posts had been shitposts, archie, a little rugby and I put a summary of 3 things I noticed for nin since I had just caught up myself.

He says as the community wills it, but no one had said anything about my offer to switch back to him. It read to me like he was town reading me to be an ally to him, trying to flip my joke vote on him into camaraderie. I don't know if that makes him scum but it makes me suspicious.

Verelios

I will put the post out I was originally going to do.

I am unsure of Verelios through this exchange

Why is he town reading me? I don't think I had done much puzzle solving at that point. My posts had been shitposts, archie, a little rugby and I put a summary of 3 things I noticed for nin since I had just caught up myself.

He says as the community wills it, but no one had said anything about my offer to switch back to him. It read to me like he was town reading me to be an ally to him, trying to flip my joke vote on him into camaraderie. I don't know if that makes him scum but it makes me suspicious.
Faddy, bro, what can you give me that I'd have to suck up for. As the community wills it was just a euphemism for do what you want.

And the reason I'm feeling good about you is that you're here conversing, putting out opinions. A shit post is better than no post to me anyway, since we're able to go back and see you did post something days later.

Natiko

Banned
Faddy, bro, what can you give me that I'd have to suck up for. As the community wills it was just a euphemism for do what you want.

And the reason I'm feeling good about you is that you're here conversing, putting out opinions. A shit post is better than no post to me anyway, since we're able to go back and see you did post something days later.
♪ BELIEVE it or not, Blarg is not in his room, pls
Leave a message, (don't) PM me
But if you have died, thanks for calling it off
I'm so sorry~
BELIEVE it or not, wasn't me
♫​

Verelios

♪ BELIEVE it or not, Blarg is not in his room, pls
Leave a message, (don't) PM me
But if you have died, thanks for calling it off
I'm so sorry~
BELIEVE it or not, wasn't me
♫​
That...that can't even qualify as a shit post

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

acohrs (2)
Blargonaut 342 383
Sorian 453
squidyj 546

Bronx-Man (2)
Blargonaut 212 217
Blargonaut 217 342
TheWorthyEdge 221
Blargonaut 383 392
Faddy 455

Faddy (1)
Bronx-Man 492

Burbeting (1)
Kalor 96

Swamped (1)
Sorian 62 135
Verelios 396

Lone_Prodigy (1)
Verelios 71 396
Natiko 518

squidyj (1)
*Splinter 388

Crab (1)
Swamped 159
Natiko 505 518

WhereAreMahDragonz (0): Burbeting 72 301

Kyanrute (0): squidyj 99 546

Verelios (0): Faddy 90 455, Sorian 135 453

OceanicAir (0): Natiko 152 505

Blargonaut (0): gryvan 158 425, Bronx-Man 215 416

Kawl_USC (0): CCS 65 328

nin1000 (0): Burbeting 378 432

No active vote for Day 1: acohrs (has previously voted), Blargonaut (has previously voted), Burbeting (has previously voted), CCS (has previously voted), Crab, franconp, gryvan (has previously voted), Kawl_USC, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, nin1000, OceanicAir, StanleyPalmtree, WhereAreMahDragonz

Day 1 ends:
red_1488578400.png

Automated vote tally here

13 votes for majority

So you can't tell anything from the way people type out answers, when they seem open, when they seem defensive? What is even the point of Mafia?

All my years of Mafia and I tell you, the meaning of Mafia is to Mafia, and that's it; we Mafia all our Mafia, and for what if nothing else but to Mafia, so why Werewolf

Top Bottom