• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Verelios

Lynch me today or tomorrow, I couldn't care less at this point. But no matter what, I will flip town. It's your guys call on whether or not wasting a lynch on me is worth it when Crab (THE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS SCUM) is still around.
Bronx...mate, you do realize this isn't the least bit convincing right? You're basically just saying 'I'M TOWN' and upending the board. If you really think Crab is scum then source some examples, make a case. As of now you're telling us to believe you only on faith, which is pretty hard to do on the morning of a role claim.

You want the truth? Fine! I panicked, OK?! I saw people like Kawl saying I was toxic to play with and needed to be removed all costs, people like Sorian and Crab were aiming for me all D1, there were numerous inactives that even if they weren't scum, could probably be influenced into voting for me like they did D1, I panicked and saw no other options to get all these people off of my back. I panicked because I am dumb as hell which we all know already.

Nah, I'm sure you're not dumb as hell. I voted for you day 1 simply because I had other things to worry about during that time frame, I wasn't influenced into voting for ya.

Still I think you could've waited a bit longer and maybe the time never would've came having to tell us your role.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bronx...mate, you do realize this isn't the least bit convincing right? You're basically just saying 'I'M TOWN' and upending the board. If you really think Crab is scum then source some examples, make a case. As of now you're telling us to believe you only on faith, which is pretty hard to do on the morning of a role claim.
What about him is town to you? Disappearing for half of D1, coming back to make a dumb vote on me, taking credit for every inactive coming back at the same time, focusing on Squidy out of nowhere? This is town to you?

Burbeting

Banned
I'm against lynching Bronx. The claim was pretty damn idiotic, but there is no motivation for Scum Bronx to claim poison doctor (other than hope for a counterclaim, I guess). Surely other scum would have reigned him in?

nin1000

Banned
...I saw people like Kawl saying I was toxic to play with ...

memento.png

Faddy

Banned
Nah, I'm sure you're not dumb as hell. I voted for you day 1 simply because I had other things to worry about during that time frame, I wasn't influenced into voting for ya.

Still I think you could've waited a bit longer and maybe the time never would've came having to tell us your role.

I believe him. Sorian already had a vote on him and I can see why he would see himself as an easy target.

Stan claimed poisoned early, if things were going against Bronx and then he claimed Poison Doctor it would have seemed desperate and unbelievable. If he is true then the early claim makes the most sense, if he felt like he needed to claim at all.

I believe him. Sorian already had a vote on him and I can see why he would see himself as an easy target.

Stan claimed poisoned early, if things were going against Bronx and then he claimed Poison Doctor it would have seemed desperate and unbelievable. If he is true then the early claim makes the most sense, if he felt like he needed to claim at all.

Yup. I think I do as well.

Verelios

What about him is town to you? Disappearing for half of D1, coming back to make a dumb vote on me, taking credit for every inactive coming back at the same time, focusing on Squidy out of nowhere? This is town to you?
I didn't say he was. All I wanted was a convincing argument from you besides 'he's scum'.

Kyanrute

Lynching Bronx will 100% stop that scenario which is why it should be off the table.

That is a good argument.

Bronx, unless I missed it, you haven't exactly advocated for your own survival based on the fact that you could, perhaps, save multiple poisoned people, not just Stan. Why?

Kyanrute

This was my line of thought when I 1st thought about Bronx's claim. Why are we hearing these things from you instead of Bronx himself?

Bronx-Man

Banned
That is a good argument.

Bronx, unless I missed it, you haven't exactly advocated for your own survival based on the fact that you could, perhaps, save multiple poisoned people, not just Stan. Why?
I could theoretically. But I doubt scum would keep me alive past N2. Ergo, the only person I could be able to save is Stanley.

Not surprised by the Bronx claim. At least he did it early in the day so we don't pile a bunch of votes on him first, then have him claim 30 minutes before deadline and have enough people away/unconvinced to not change anything?

2 hours between Stanley claiming poison and Bronx's claim. If he's lying, that's not a lot of time to come up with poison doctor, but of course it would be a lot easier if he already knew the existence of such a role. I don't see scum Bronx jumping in with an outlandish claim like that.

Kawl_USC

For the record Bronx since you apologized after calling sorian even more god damn stupid than you thought you haven't been toxic. Disagreements can be had on level of play, but my comments were regarding your level of aggression and straight up rudeness to other players.

So you all realise thar bronx has explained his reason for claiming. Right?
Its not a good reason by by means. But it is what it is and repeating the question wont get you a differant answer.

Now. I would like to not die. Selfish I know, but I guess im just not perfect. Now we (well, you) will have plenty of chances to lynch bronx, not to mention later days will let you make a more informed decision. We have one chance to save me. Lynch bronx now and if he was telling the truth you just killed 2 townies. Hes lying. I die regardless. You can lynch him later.
We do not "lose a day" by waiting, not lynching bronx does not mean a no-lynch. And there are still scum to be hunted elsewhere in the meantime.

Something something eyes unclouded by hate. I hate posting on mobile. You get my point by now? If not I can elaborate later.

• RIP squidy, Bad seafood always gets the best of us
  • RIP Natiko, #2soon5me
  • Someone slipped a message under my door last Night, telling me that I'm a filthy, dirty, filthy, dirty, absolutely nasty shit (paraphrasing) and they would appreciate my input; how scandalous! Signed, "everyone else". I'm sure "everyone else" loves you too <3 In fact, I bet "everyone else" loves you so, so much; they'd ask you who'd you think you're facing off man, whaddaya say we CUT THE CHIT-CHAT, A WHOLE. What's your character limit, you secret fuck? GET OUT
  • Bronx, you fucked up
  • Bronx!
  • Crab.
  • Stan, Bronx.
  • OUUUUUUUUUT

you decide

Going back through the D1 votes and I still find it interesting that some were championing Crab v Swamped yet it's squidy that bites it.

If the two main wagons are town-town, scum usually back off and let it run. Town looks for scum reactions so they don't fight against it either.

Post 1279, vote count. Crab 4, Bronx 3, acohrs 2, Swamped 2, Squidy 2, Faddy 2, 3 others with 1 vote.

Post 1280:

This is going to become Crab v Swamped isn't it? I was going to vote Swamped anyway once I had a vote count to look at but CCS with that weird hit started it instead.

Post 1283, Blarg votes Faddy. Whatever.

Post 1284:

Oh and Crab is only at 4 now too. I don't want 3 wagons, just two. I still like Bronx more than Swamped.

Post 1287, vote count. Crab 3, Bronx 3, Faddy 3, acohrs 2, Swamped 2, Squidy 2.

Post 1290, Blarg votes squidy. Whatever.

Post 1293, vote count. Crab 3, Bronx 3, Squidy 3.

Post 1296, Faddy votes Squidy.

Post 1297, Blarg votes Swamped.

Post 1298, Natiko votes Squidy.

Post 1309:

Re: Swamped v Crab. Why would they each be so certain with no info? If one is scum but not the other a lynch on one will likely get the other lynched. I think they're either both town and making mistakes or w/w.

I mean, the timing is a little suspect since at this point Crab and Squidy are tied at 4. But Natiko flipped town.

After this a couple more votes drop on Squidy and his fate is sealed.

I must say, the prior pages have been quite pleasant, eventful conversation. My apologies for shattering your immersion

Please, continue.

Bronx-Man

Banned
For the record Bronx since you apologized after calling sorian even more god damn stupid than you thought you haven't been toxic. Disagreements can be had on level of play, but my comments were regarding your level of aggression and straight up rudeness to other players.
And for that I apologize.

Honestly, after this I might just take a break from Mafia for a bit. Between this and DR3, I've been getting really unhinged as time goes on.

I feel so bad for ruining this pleasant lounge mystery atmosphere you had going on for a bit there

How can I possibly rectify this, for you

Sorian

Banned
I don't believe Bronx for a moment. Doesn't necessarily make him scum, could just be a god-awful gambit, but that's the worst claim I've seen in a while. If there's a repeat poisoner, then Bronx's claim would get him killed immediately, we have no counter to the poisoner, and we face the twice the number of deaths for the rest of the game. Anyone can work that out. Literally (yes literally) my dog would not claim if she was the poison-doctor, and she eats cat poop. So Bronx is lying.

I can't stand it when town make stupid claims like that. It just muddies everything. I'd like to pursue Swamped more and when I get back from work I'll have more questions, but until then, I'm voting for Bronx and I'm not moving my vote until he retracts his claim. If he doesn't, he's either scum or such a bad town player that lynching him would be one of the rare occasions a town death improves our win odds.

VOTE: Bronx-man

You don't lynch a PR claim at this point that can be verified (though that's suspect since they can be roleblocked). Also, blow hot air somewhere else, him retracting doesn't matter in the least. Either he is scum or he isn't, if he's not then scum sin't going to suddenly believe if he say "hey! j/k! lolol"

Had forgotten about this, but I don't like how Sorian was so on board with a swamped lynch but never voted her (yes I'm ignoring an early vote here), even when it became Crab V Squidy (2 choices he apparently didn't like).

OTOH Crab has emphasised the point that the swamp train "collapsed", but there was only one unvote (Verelios, and yes I'm discounting Blarg's quick vote/unvote as he was cycling through the candidates).

Why would I vote off wagon and potentially cause a tie? I'm not clairvoyant, just because I don't scum read two people doesn't mean they can't be scum. I threw my vote on Crab next iirc because he was the vote that put things closest to a tie and that usually gets people to actually come out of hiding to make sure there isn't a no lynch. It never tied though, Crab was always one behind so people didn't care.

Forgot to mention that after Sorian voted Crab, the vote count with 5 minutes left was Squidy 6 and Crab 5. I think if Crab was scum, his teammates would be a little antsy about how close it is and swing it towards Squidy. Either they were AFK or their votes were already on Squidy.

Faddy

Banned
Forgot to mention that after Sorian voted Crab, the vote count with 5 minutes left was Squidy 6 and Crab 5. I think if Crab was scum, his teammates would be a little antsy about how close it is and swing it towards Squidy. Either they were AFK or their votes were already on Squidy.

How does your analysis lead to the conclusion that Swamped is scum?

And for that I apologize.

Honestly, after this I might just take a break from Mafia for a bit. Between this and DR3, I've been getting really unhinged as time goes on.

I tell you, for reals; ever since Love Boat, I learned the value of taking this far slower in my heart than in my head. "Reads" and analyses are well and good, but when you're stuck in, it's a heart-of-the-cards game, my friend. And Bronx, man, you gotta clutch those cards closer to your chest, you know; they're, like, Role-cards. With Roles on them. They're not real, the spoon is the one.

Kyanrute

So you all realise thar bronx has explained his reason for claiming. Right?
Its not a good reason by by means. But it is what it is and repeating the question wont get you a differant answer.

Now. I would like to not die. Selfish I know, but I guess im just not perfect. Now we (well, you) will have plenty of chances to lynch bronx, not to mention later days will let you make a more informed decision. We have one chance to save me. Lynch bronx now and if he was telling the truth you just killed 2 townies. Hes lying. I die regardless. You can lynch him later.
We do not "lose a day" by waiting, not lynching bronx does not mean a no-lynch. And there are still scum to be hunted elsewhere in the meantime.

Something something eyes unclouded by hate. I hate posting on mobile. You get my point by now? If not I can elaborate later.

Why are you worth saving Stan?

Kyanrute

SERIOUS SIDENOTE

if poison = neutral, stan = scum not impossible

but zzz obviously not ez to prove so back to the regular programming

Kalor

While I don't like how Bronx has revealed their role I'm inclined to believe them. They could be scum trying to pass themselves off as a poison doctor, hoping to force the real one to claim but if your going to do that you would do it in a less clumsy way. The way he revealed himself was always going to bring suspicion while I think scum would be a bit more careful with it. Though maybe that's expecting too much.

You know, this all feels kinda awkward; I get the sense I just dragged D1 back into your D2 sensibilities and I feel out of place in this modern Day. Someone, please, anyone; pour me a nice cup of topic and get me in this game, yeah?

*Splinter

My issue with the "lynch Bronx" movement is I can completely believe this:

You want the truth? Fine! I panicked, OK?! I saw people like Kawl saying I was toxic to play with and needed to be removed all costs, people like Sorian and Crab were aiming for me all D1, there were numerous inactives that even if they weren't scum, could probably be influenced into voting for me like they did D1, I panicked and saw no other options to get all these people off of my back. I panicked because I am dumb as hell which we all know already.
But I can't see scum-Bronx making all this up in a bold gambit. Unless he's taking orders from someone else it's not his play style at all.

And if he's taking orders I don't know who would think the "unblockable" part was a good idea.

Then again the unblockable part is clearly false so hes at least partly lying.

Nope no idea.

Bronx I think you should full claim, last chance no take-backsies. If you're sticking with unblockable poison doctor I'm gonna have to assume you're lying.

Sorian

Banned
SERIOUS SIDENOTE

if poison = neutral, stan = scum not impossible

but zzz obviously not ez to prove so back to the regular programming

Yeah, I said this to Burb earlier, it's dangerous to just assume that scum has the poisoner and thus anyone poisoned is likely town.

Faddy

Banned
Because it was looking like Crab v Swamped and then squidy came mostly out of nowhere. It was also convenient that he didn't post much and wasn't around at days' end.

Despite Sorian's post it was never Swamped.

swamped (3)
sorian 62 (135)
verelios 396 (1234)
crab 1207
ccs 1275
blargonaut 1297 (1303)
kalor 1317

End of day Crab votes to make it 2 on Swamped.
Vere unvotes -seems legit since that is an early vote
I'm not, my vote on Swamped was a prod vote I just never took off. I even say as much when Swamped asks why I voted for her (though didn't answer me) early in the game, where anyone who's read the read could see. How that became a point of contention (Nat) I don't know.

Unvote

On the record, I'm fine voting for anyone I have a slight scum read on, but I do think Bronx atm is just misunderstood.

So back to 1. CCS then moves to Swamped (and this is where the fake momentum seems to come from). Sorian for some reason wants Swamped but never put his vote there

This is going to become Crab v Swamped isn't it? I was going to vote Swamped anyway once I had a vote count to look at but CCS with that weird hit started it instead.

Blarg does a drive by vote/unvote.

So Swamped was a legit threat to be lynch for 6 posts.

Kalor's vote comes in after me and Natiko put our votes on squidy which had made it a clear squid vs crab situation.

Once those votes play out it is 4 on Crab and on Squidy. Pretty quickly Kawl and Stan come in and push it over the top.

If you want to look for votes that saved Swamped I don't think you will find any (unless you want to count Blarg who was just messing with ties imo)

If you want to look at votes that saved Crab then you have CCS, Me, Natiko, Stan and Kawl.

Natiko flipped town (and I know I'm town) so that leaves me with 3 candidates for scum mates if we flip Crab scum. CCS is my top target but I haven't rule out the other 2 as well.

Top Bottom