• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Jellie

Just had a match on Hanamura where our attack on second point lasted for about 2 minutes before we capped it. I had 2 Rez's, our Lucio had 2 Sound Barriers, our Pharah had 2 Missile Barrages, our Genji said he had 3 Dragonblades. The enemy team rage quit, so we gave one of the guys who stayed the Rapid Discord achievement for free.

Mercy boost is still pretty good when Winston is zapping multiple people. It also charges his ult faster than Discord.

Zen is better, but I don't mind diving in with Winstons as Mercy.
A pocketed Winston is a pain. But zen is better for dives since it focuses down a target for everyone.

1st game in a few weeks, instantly get matched with 5 diamonds against a team of 6 masters. not even worth playing with such trash, i just quit. guess ill see if blizzard is able to be any less incompetent in a few more patches lul

shanafan

1st game in a few weeks, instantly get matched with 5 diamonds against a team of 6 masters. not even worth playing with such trash, i just quit. guess ill see if blizzard is able to be any less incompetent in a few more patches lul

Honesty, that can happen in any MP game.

jviggy43

Watching Kaplan critique the IGN ow team. On attack eichen they roll put soldier, phara, mei, junkrat, orisa, and Zen. I point out what a terrible comp that is and someone responds with "that comp is fine".

I SERIOUSLY cannot believe people are this bad at understanding basic character composition.

Watching Kaplan critique the IGN ow team. On attack eichen they roll put soldier, phara, mei, junkrat, orisa, and Zen. I point out what a terrible comp that is and someone responds with "that comp is fine".

I SERIOUSLY cannot believe people are this bad at understanding basic character composition.

really? you cant?

Sullichin

Well, they did win

Really enjoying the quick play mode, but it takes too long for my liking to get to the action after you respawn. Is there any other mod that I've yet to unlock that has a more consistent game flow?

jviggy43

really? you cant?
Ok I mean I can but like being able to recognize the utility of picks is one of the easiest ways to climb rank.
Well, they did win

Thats says far more about the team they were playing than the actual legitimacy of their team makeup. If the other team had gone roadhog, their entire team would have been crushed by a single character, Again just simple recognition of character picks would have drastically altered the end result (also it doesn't even look like this was comp which I assumed it was because otherwise, why even bother with a Kaplan critique lol).

Ok I mean I can but like being able to recognize the utility of picks is one of the easiest ways to climb rank.

Thats says far more about the team they were playing than the actual legitimacy of their team makeup. If the other team had gone roadhog, their entire team would have been crushed by a single character, Again just simple recognition of character picks would have drastically altered the end result (also it doesn't even look like this was comp which I assumed it was because otherwise, why even bother with a Kaplan critique lol).

i mean just getting to diamond(which requires all of about 20 iq points) puts you in a top level% of this joke of a community so yeah

Really enjoying the quick play mode, but it takes too long for my liking to get to the action after you respawn. Is there any other mod that I've yet to unlock that has a more consistent game flow?

Rezzes and teleporters and Lucio help get people to the action.

Rule of thumb if you're team is dying at the point it is best to group up.

ohkay

All I know is your trolling is bronze tier

jviggy43

i mean just getting to diamond(which requires all of about 20 iq points) puts you in a top level% of this joke of a community so yeah

I mean thats a bit too mean for me, but I have said in this community before that many diamond players have the raw ability to get to master and beyond but their situational awareness and character choices are what holds them back, Thats not to say experimentation is a bad thing but the problem is recognizing when a character or team comp isn't working and changing it.

Yukinari

Finally beat regular Uprising on legendary with 20 seconds left. You really need to be a team and do exactly the strategy everyone else did who beat it.

The tracer glitch really helps out but i imagine theyre gonna patch it?

Does anyone else like how easily genjis abilities go from auto-deflect to a guarnteed hit? I never know how to approach that particular encounter. If I shoot I get one in the face, and if I wait it out I get hit anyway.

It's a difficult counter unless I'm using a Tank.

Does anyone else like how easily genjis abilities go from auto-deflect to a guarnteed hit? I never know how to approach that particular encounter. If I shoot I get one in the face, and if I wait it out I get hit anyway.

genji beats the majority of the characters in the game. you literally just run up to them, press right click, deflect, then dash+melee combo

jviggy43

genji beats the majority of the characters in the game. you literally just run up to them, press right click, deflect, then dash+melee combo

image.php

DevilDog

Soldier counters Genji pretty well, unless the genji gets the drop on him. Then its up to the soldier's helix rockets.

A pocketed Winston is a pain. But zen is better for dives since it focuses down a target for everyone.

Everytime I've played dive, zen is the first to die.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd seriously like to see one quick play match without Widowmaker

for a character 'blizzard totes hates' i sure fucking see her all the time

Oxn

Ive snipped myseld twice this week.

Trickster

This event can go suck a bunch of salty fucking balls.

22 chests. No legendary skins, only skin has been Reinhardt, which i just fucking got a duplicate of. It's like a 101 lesson in how NOT to design rewarding game systems

Gurrry

Havent played comp since s4 started. Finished my placements and was demoted to a gold for this season.

Just won pretty much every game I played and put myself back into plat. So suck it game. I belong in plat.

JHall

Pick McCree. Throw flash bang at Genji's feet. Profit.

Havent played comp since s4 started. Finished my placements and was demoted to a gold for this season.

Just won pretty much every game I played and put myself back into plat. So suck it game. I belong in plat.

I was placed in gold this season. Climbed my way to diamond season high of 3379. Placements are the worst, especially mid season when you're left with people who are constantly disconecting and being trash in general

I'll probably be on PS4 most of the night hopping between games. If you guys have a spot that needs filling in a group for comp or something throw me a message and I can switch over to OW.

rulerk1

this trend of genji deflecting and then dashing into is getting annoying. Im going have to start preemptively turning around now so they punished. Im just tired of ppl not getting punished for horrible decisions

Foxxsoxx

Yeah if anyone wants to group up let me know, I haven't played ranked this season, just been QPing it up so I still gotta do placements. Completely competent and whatnot though! PSN is Fakehound.

Trying get some trophies, but QP just doesn't provide the situations needed for so many, Competitive does but I'd be throwing games waiting for trophy opportunities.

Anne

Genji's worst MUs are probably McCree, Hog, and Zarya in various respects.

If Genji just runs up and does M2 > deflect > swift strike to kill you, there's probably something off in your approach. You have to mindgame around his CDs or pick characters that can circumvent them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really don't want to use the time investment requried in comp because its not how I play the game typically but quick play is fucking unplayable. If its not 3 'waiting for players' games in a row before finding a match i'm then treated to 'bro i gotta carry i only play dps' 5 dps instalocks. everyone just outright refusing to play a healer cause i gotta practice or whatever the excuse is.

It's awful. And that's not even going up agianst the massive skill level differences between teams in QP

Good games boys. If nothing else the six stacks have been reasonably successful this season and that's always been the best way to play Overwatch. But everything that's not a six stack has been pretty brutal. And solo queue has never been worse.

Top Bottom