• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

dusk soldier (0)
acohrs 67 (403)

no lynch (3)
karkador 75
blargonaut 106 (225)
blargonaut 253
rac 549

necktochicken (0)
melonrabbit 80 (215)

karkador (1)
zubz 81 (114)
isaacnukem 104
blargonaut 225 (253)
rac 378 (549)

launchpadmcq (1)
cornburrito 96

blargonaut (0)
zubz 114 (441)

kitsunelaine (0)
weemadarthur 141 (445)

fat4all (0)
fat4all 183 (183)

weemadarthur (0)
kitsunelaine 184 (464)

franconp (3)
kalor 198
dusk soldier 283
zubz 591

cornburrito (1)
lone_prodigy 279

lone_prodigy (2)
hey_monkey 395
nin1000 514

cewyn (1)
zubz 441 (591)
necktochicken 592

zubz (2)
weemadarthur 445 (582)
kitsunelaine 464
franconp 566

rac (1)
acohrs 573

acohrs (1)
weemadarthur 582

Day Ends:
bla_1498338000.png

Kalor

I'm going to vote for zubz today and I don't see myself switching later, unless its to a no lynch. Zubz's play has been weird today. They claim to have been getting information out of their "gambit" but I have no idea what kind of information they could have gotten. Their stances on people and reasoning has felt like they are grasping at straws to find anything that will stick.

Vote: zubz

Zubz

Banned
Great No-Lunch Debate, Part 4:

If you're okay with a tie creating a no lynch, just vote No Lynch instead. Don't be vague.

And break my honor? Never! ... But it's actually because I genuinely suspect franconp for hammering this point.

The Main difference would be that people are planning to vote for LP or Rac for their inactivity but Zubz was planning to move his vote FROM Cewyn to another player. He was going to stop voting an inactive because he was going to be replaced, when there was no info about that.

Of course I was planning on moving that vote. I'm not wasting the effort to do so on mobile, but I've stated it was a prod vote earlier in the game.

Fat4all

Banned
This is a weird debate happening. It kinda seems like Zubz just mistyped or didn't articulate right.

I agree with NeckToChicken, though:

There is a way to check for collaboration between cewyn and Zubz while also hitting a low numbers poster.

Vote: cewyn

Cewyn would be a better target if you think they are Zubz scum buddy. Going into day two, if somehow Cewyn sticks around or even if they are replaced, we might as well be back to square one with that spot.

Zubz

Banned
I'm going to vote for zubz today and I don't see myself switching later, unless its to a no lynch. Zubz's play has been weird today. They claim to have been getting information out of their "gambit" but I have no idea what kind of information they could have gotten. Their stances on people and reasoning has felt like they are grasping at straws to find anything that will stick.

Vote: zubz

I have never once said I have gotten information from these machinations yet. I said I might get information later. I can't be more blunt than this right now.

If your vote on franconp was exactly the kind of thing franconp was accusing me of doing, I might actually collapse. More importantly, now I'm tied with No Kill while franconp is less likely to win. Damn you, Karkador, I may have to vote No Kill.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
The Main difference would be that people are planning to vote for LP or Rac for their inactivity but Zubz was planning to move his vote FROM Cewyn to another player. He was going to stop voting an inactive because he was going to be replaced, when there was no info about that.

Oh... Oh no. I didn't understand the context of that exchange like I thought I did. You're right, the only reason inactivity would be a reason to switch off is because cewyn didn't say anything to make them worth voting for while kitsunelaine did. Which is harder to pattern to that language.

I'll keep my vote on cewyn for now, but you're right about something being strange on Zubz wording there. I'll be around to move it if it's pointless.

If they are in contact worst case scenario is Zubz and cewyn are lovers and this game is off to a rollicking good start. But the chance to uncover two scum is a big chance to pass up.

franconp

And break my honor? Never! ... But it's actually because I genuinely suspect franconp for hammering this point.

Of course I was planning on moving that vote. I'm not wasting the effort to do so on mobile, but I've stated it was a prod vote earlier in the game.

If it was a prod vote, why are you moving it?

Cewyn has vanished from the game. If you made a prod to make him participate and he didn't the logical move would be to leave the vote on him as he did nothing to make you feel he would be a townie.

Zubz

Banned
If it was a prod vote, why are you moving it?

Cewyn has vanished from the game. If you made a prod to make him participate and he didn't the logical move would be to leave the vote on him as he did nothing to make you feel he would be a townie.

Because prod votes are to get information. I was not getting information. And you going in on a poor choice of words that you doused with conspiracy theories makes you seem actively suspicious.

Karkador

Banned
Kark what do you think about Zubz mistake? I would love to read something from you besides No Lynch.

I wouldn't use the word "mistake". I described it earlier as "fucking up", which is a bit different in my mind.

Plenty of players are gonna try some wacky stuff that doesn't make sense, or doesn't pay off. I know, because I am one of those players. I also know that sometimes gambits are not exactly planned, they just kinda happen.

He was pressed on his contradictory and not-well-planned gambit (claiming he didn't read his PM, while it looked like he had confirmed it before game start), and he repented and said he did read it.

I suggested a Zubz lynch if he kept claiming that he didn't (and wouldn't) read his PM. After all, someone like that is just plainly being uncooperative and probably not useful to Town anyway. Maybe that had something to do with him repenting.

We can talk about why he said it, and why he decided to repent, but I'm not totally sure what the real damning issue is at this point. It's almost like punishing someone for coming to their senses and not fucking around anymore. Seems counter intuitive to lynch.

franconp

I wouldn't use the word "mistake". I described it earlier as "fucking up", which is a bit different in my mind.

Plenty of players are gonna try some wacky stuff that doesn't make sense, or doesn't pay off. I know, because I am one of those players. I also know that sometimes gambits are not exactly planned, they just kinda happen.

He was pressed on his contradictory and not-well-planned gambit (claiming he didn't read his PM, while it looked like he had confirmed it before game start), and he repented and said he did read it.

I suggested a Zubz lynch if he kept claiming that he didn't (and wouldn't) read his PM. After all, someone like that is just plainly being uncooperative and probably not useful to Town anyway. Maybe that had something to do with him repenting.

We can talk about why he said it, and why he decided to repent, but I'm not totally sure what the real damning issue is at this point. It's almost like punishing someone for coming to their senses and not fucking around anymore. Seems counter intuitive to lynch.

I wasn't talking about the "Didn't looked at my PM" gambit. I'm talking about all this new development.

How he said that he would change his vote from Cewyn because he was going to be replaced when there was no post saying that it was going to happen. We have been talking about this plenty for a while.

Zubz

Banned
I wasn't talking about the "Didn't looked at my PM" gambit. I'm talking about all this new development.

How he said that he would change his vote from Cewyn because he was going to be replaced when there was no post saying that it was going to happen. We have been talking about this plenty for a while.

You have been talking about this for awhile. And Wee. Then Wee used it to kick sand around everywhere. That was absolutely just a mistake; I'll even concede my gambit was "fucked up" in a way. But it's still ongoing, and will explained if I live through the night.

Zubz, to be fair, you've built no cred for anyone to support you through this gambit. You've neglected to answer some questions and written others off with exclaimations about screwing up but you've said so many weird and shady things that I can't figure why you'd think people would ride along for gambit continuation. I have some re-reading to do to determine if I want to move my vote from LP to anyone else or not but you've taken a lot of real estate today to control discussion for... what? exactly? And we should just smile and nod and say Godspeed, hope you make it?

You have been talking about this for awhile. And Wee. Then Wee used it to kick sand around everywhere. That was absolutely just a mistake; I'll even concede my gambit was "fucked up" in a way. But it's still ongoing, and will explained if I live through the night.

I'm confused by this.

We would only find out if you live through the night? Surely, flipping you would explain immediately.

Again with the strange phrasing.

Karkador

Banned

Sorry, I missed a lot because I was responding to people, so I re-read

You mean this:

I'd feel bad voting for a new player, but it seems Cewyn's just dropped out, & Scum is Scum.

The "typo" / word choice of "dropped out" could go either way, though I don't find it as concerning. It seems like a pitfall to focus on.

What is concerning is that he is saying he's voting for Cewyn because "scum is scum", when he initially dropped that vote to a prod a quiet player.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
What is concerning is that he is saying he's voting for Cewyn because "scum is scum", when he initially dropped that vote to a prod a quiet player.

That statement is tied to being hesitant to vote for kitsunelaine because she's a newbie, not to taking the vote off cewyn.

Zubz

Banned
I'm confused by this.

We would only find out if you live through the night? Surely, flipping you would explain immediately.

Again with the strange phrasing.

... If the Scum already have what I meant by this figured out and nobody else does, I'll... I dunno. Sit in sad silence for a minute.

Sorry, I missed a lot because I was responding to people, so I re-read

You mean this:

The "typo" / word choice of "dropped out" could go either way, though I don't find it as concerning. It seems like a pitfall to focus on.

I meant that it'd be smarter to go for Kitsune if there's a chance she's scum, rather than going after Cewyn for being quiet.

dusk soldier (0)
acohrs 67 (403)

no lynch (3)
karkador 75
blargonaut 106 (225)
blargonaut 253
rac 549

necktochicken (0)
melonrabbit 80 (215)

karkador (1)
zubz 81 (114)
isaacnukem 104
blargonaut 225 (253)
rac 378 (549)

launchpadmcq (1)
cornburrito 96

blargonaut (0)
zubz 114 (441)

kitsunelaine (0)
weemadarthur 141 (445)

fat4all (0)
fat4all 183 (183)

weemadarthur (0)
kitsunelaine 184 (464)

franconp (2)
kalor 198 (603)
dusk soldier 283
zubz 591

cornburrito (1)
lone_prodigy 279

lone_prodigy (2)
hey_monkey 395
nin1000 514

cewyn (1)
zubz 441 (591)
necktochicken 592

zubz (3)
weemadarthur 445 (582)
kitsunelaine 464
franconp 566
kalor 603

rac (1)
acohrs 573

acohrs (1)
weemadarthur 582

Day Ends:
bla_1498338000.png

Zubz

Banned
Zubz, to be fair, you've built no cred for anyone to support you through this gambit. You've neglected to answer some questions and written others off with exclaimations about screwing up but you've said so many weird and shady things that I can't figure why you'd think people would ride along for gambit continuation. I have some re-reading to do to determine if I want to move my vote from LP to anyone else or not but you've taken a lot of real estate today to control discussion for... what? exactly? And we should just smile and nod and say Godspeed, hope you make it?

I didn't try to take control of discussion today, though, I expected a different result that wouldn't pay off until later, & still hasn't paid off. I can't be more blunt without laying all my cards on the table.

Zubz

Banned
So why is your vote not on her?

Because franconp wasting so much discussion time on me using the wrong phrase seemed counterproductive, counterlogical, & francly I believe it was an intentional distraction, especially because I fear the Scum figured out the gambit & are using this vagueness against me to kill me before it happens.

Zubz

Banned
Er... Wait. If I put "No Kill" instead of "No Lynch," will the vote still count?

I really hate doing this...

Zubz

Banned
separate line,
'No Lynch'

just sayin'

I'll just do it to be safe.

Vote: No Lynch

We're really wasting a day on this, though. I can see how I became a target (Unintentional though it may be), but have no idea how No Lynch became a leading option.

I didn't try to take control of discussion today, though, I expected a different result that wouldn't pay off until later, & still hasn't paid off. I can't be more blunt without laying all my cards on the table.

Someone asked if anyone had played with Zubz before. I have, in anime, and as I recall, he tried some weird shit that day 1, too. Got lynched. Was town. But it was different weird shit.

Zubz, I'm not saying you purposely dominated discussion - I honestly don't know your motivation for this. Clearly you have something, or want us to believe you have something, that the night will reveal. But your gambit and murmurs and hints and all of course dominates conversation. There's no mafia universe in which it wouldn't. So either you really did fuck up or there's another layer on your game. Either way, it feels anti-town. And that's what you haven't been able, or willing, maybe, to answer.

fake edit: I see things are happening while I'm typing so I'll wait and see and then pick up. I'm also looking at some other people.

I do agree franconp's obsession with the wording is weird but your wording has itself been weird so all that seems to balance out as just noise to me. Honestly, it smacks of town v town. I sense you're not scum. But I don't think you're helping town.

For the sake of the voting tool, it should be No Lynch.

Also a reminder that all votes should be spelled and formatted correctly, otherwise they will not be counted. The cutoff for votes will be 21:59 or whatever that is in your time zone, and any votes on the hour will also not be counted.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
You're smart, explain to me the correlation between Karkador voting for No Lynch and Zubz' claim to have not read his own Role PM, in electroswing lyrics.

This keeps itching at the back of my mind. I'm starting to feel like the answer to this was "one enables the other".

All those currently voting no lynch have previously voted for Karkador, barring Kark himself.

no lynch (3)
karkador 75
blargonaut 106 (225)
blargonaut 253
rac 549
Zubz (once he corrects)

karkador (1)
zubz 81 (114)
isaacnukem 104
blargonaut 225 (253)
rac 378 (549)

Someone asked if anyone had played with Zubz before. I have, in anime, and as I recall, he tried some weird shit that day 1, too. Got lynched. Was town. But it was different weird shit.

Zubz, I'm not saying you purposely dominated discussion - I honestly don't know your motivation for this. Clearly you have something, or want us to believe you have something, that the night will reveal. But your gambit and murmurs and hints and all of course dominates conversation. There's no mafia universe in which it wouldn't. So either you really did fuck up or there's another layer on your game. Either way, it feels anti-town. And that's what you haven't been able, or willing, maybe, to answer.

fake edit: I see things are happening while I'm typing so I'll wait and see and then pick up. I'm also looking at some other people.

I do agree franconp's obsession with the wording is weird but your wording has itself been weird so all that seems to balance out as just noise to me. Honestly, it smacks of town v town. I sense you're not scum. But I don't think you're helping town.

Thanks, monkey!

I figured he was a gambiter, and they tend to do things that blow up in their faces (<3 nin), which is why I hadn't figured him for mafia really. His most mafia-esque behavior has been this flailing around when he's a lynch target. I don't think fran is wrong to point out the language usage, but I think it's insufficiently convincing.

I don't think it's wrong either but it did come off as fixation and there's push and there's fixation. Yeah, there's not too much happening yet, but still.

Gonna post this first half but I have more to go. Just see Cewyn votes racking up and I'm not sure that's right for today. Changed order since LP thought he was gonna get picked on as number 1. Started with people I felt or heard were most inactive and added names as I looked at the list. More coming.

CornBurrito: 9 posts, most on mechanics/game structures/generalities.
Cewyn: >5, all content-free except one vague reference to a Kark post. This is not outside my experience with town Cewyn but of course it’s impossible to read because there’s literally nothing there.
rac: at ~15, not an unreasonable number of posts, though he was referenced as a low-activity poster. Higher than plenty. On the Kark train. Suspicious of Zubz, some questions about No Lynch, but seems to be going along with it despite saying it’s no loss if we kill townies (also no loss if we lynch none). Result: noncommittal. Null. But not out of bounds for rac so not particularly indicative.
Kalor: 8 posts, some random, some about Zubz, nothing major or any real content. Voting for Zubz is an easy choice.
Blarg: Disappeared? At first seemed playing it more straight, then descended into Blarg madness.
Isaacnukem: has also disappeared. A lot of noise and fluff. More active than in PPM and said he would not be inactive as scum. I don’t know if that’s a firm indicator because there’s nothing else but it’s something to look at as days go by.

Zubz, kitsunelaine, Fat4all, Karkador, franconp, weemadarthur, melonrabbit, nin1000
These people are active and discussing. There may be scum among them. There are a couple on my watch list. But I’m not voting any of them d1 because we have too many inactive/empty posters and we need discussion. Scummy behavior d2, voting patterns, info from flips, etc. will of course all factor in, but I will not vote these people d1 unless something changes in the next half hour.

Top Bottom