• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

"frozen mafia"? I'm not familiar with that term. I presume you don't mean "member of scum team who freezes up", since I have never once been acum in mafia. Even I don't know how I'd play as part of the scum team. Right now I am mostly just unsure of how to get started.

Is this what we're talking about? What's so Bad about this

batsnacks

which i would put as a negative because it means he could have trouble forming an objective read.

anyway, regards post #400, it isn't great. I've misread Sky before in an early stage of a previous game though, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt currently.
Sounds like experience is negatively effecting your objectivity

cabot

Sounds like experience is negatively effecting your objectivity

giphy.gif

Seriously though, I don't think theres enough there for sky to be at the top of my list.

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

cabot (1)
acohrs (Dead) 201 230
CCS 352

Ri'Orius (2)
Dusk Soldier 349
cabot 457

Kyanrute (1)
*Splinter 234

Zeusy (1)
Blargonaut 429

TheGoddamn (1)
Ri'Orius 407

Blargonaut (1)
Bronx-Man 95 296
Kawl_USC 292

OceanicAir (1)
batsnacks 135

AbsolutBro (0): cabot 194 457

CCS (0): Ri'Orius 159 407

acohrs (0): Kawl_USC 210 292

No active vote for Day 1: AbsolutBro, Bronx-Man (has previously voted), Flame_AC, isaacnukem, Kalor, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, SkyOdin, TheGoddamn, Timeaisis, WaffleTaco, Zeusy, Zippedpinhead

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 27, AbsolutBro 12, batsnacks 48, Blargonaut 61, Bronx-Man 23, cabot 56, CCS 21, Dusk Soldier 8, Flame_AC 5, isaacnukem 24, Kalor 3, Kawl_USC 21, Kyanrute 26, Lone_Prodigy 2, OceanicAir 6, Ri'Orius 7, SkyOdin 8, TheGoddamn 2, Timeaisis 8, WaffleTaco 9, Zeusy 4, Zippedpinhead 4

Day 1 ends:
pin_1501797600.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

cabot

Why this one?

Mostly the same points i discussed previously regarding your role, and trying to make it seem more complicated than it was.

I have re-considered, though AB hasn't been present much today. Would like him to post a bit more.

I'm suspicious of TheG. What little he posted, I didn't like.

batsnacks

Mostly the same points i discussed previously regarding your role, and trying to make it seem more complicated than it was.

I have re-considered, though AB hasn't been present much today. Would like him to post a bit more.

I'm suspicious of TheG. What little he posted, I didn't like.
You were sus of OceanicAir earlier, any progression on him?

Player plays as usual = scumtell

Player doesn't play as usual = scumtell

Well I'm fucked then.

Looks like it's time for my D1 role claim.
I'm fairly certain I haven't played a game with you. But do you usually get this defensive on D1? And why would role claiming help in a cosplay game where mafia would likely get fake role?
Yep, who apparently has a long history with the read-ee

Why do you put so much stock in confirmed townies opinions? I mean even with acohrs, he investigated Kawl and it wasn't because he was 100% sure he was town.
------------

Also, Spider! Acohrs vote should be gone off of cabot since he's dead right?

cabot

You were sus of OceanicAir earlier, any progression on him?

Not really, I commented earlier on a post he made overnight with some logic i disagreed with, otherwise it's the same. I lean scum but he's being fairly confident in his posts where he hasn't just followed / sheeped others.

cabot

Why do you put so much stock in confirmed townies opinions? I mean even with acohrs, he investigated Kawl and it wasn't because he was 100% sure he was town.

I share this sentiment, outside of confirming Kawl, there simply wasnt enough time elapsed / content from acohrs to make me trust his CCS read.

Or any other read for that matter.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
And, in relation to this game and/or InFAMOUS, what do you think "good karma" entails?
I would assume Town presumably...so in this case the phrase may involve no good Town will not be caught or something. Hell I don't know ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Do you not think a godfather is more likely as we have two roles that publically confirm alignment?
Not really? One of those is revealed D1 by the moderator. The other is as definitively one-use as it is possible to be. So unless we have another cop floating around, I'm finding it unlikely we have a godfather to deal with.

I guess your response sort of answers point 1, but it doesn't answer point 2. You talk in your post of the potential of batsnacks being more than an innocent child, explaining various outcomes. This is most definitely muddying the waters of what looks to be a simple Role PM.

Do you have anything to add?
I was building off what I think you yourself posted where a person whose role is immediately revealed is usually "Innocent Child". Batsnack's PM uses "Beloved", which is an actual prefix in mafia with meaning. There's no muddying involved, unless discussion is "muddying".

Player plays as usual = scumtell

Player doesn't play as usual = scumtell

Well I'm fucked then.

Looks like it's time for my D1 role claim.
I mean, it's Gafia. Don't take it personally and just play, is the best advice I can give.

CCS

Banned
I mean, I wasn't actually planning on role claiming, just playing to the fact that I usually do.

Maybe I should start using /s in future...

Timeaisis

So in catching up (pg ~5, 50pp), I feel like while it was nice to get some more info, having two confirmed townies means that any type of protective/watch/track roles will be split between them instead of being a focus. Although I guess scum wouldn't make the mistake of going for the known quantities just yet, nevertheless it's a problem they'll have to solve.

Eh, scum gained 0 information out of all this, they already knew who town was (assuming no 3rd party). It's just as likely for Kawl to be a PR before the check and then after as well. Personally, if I was in that position as a vanilla townie, then I'd try and seem super important so scum wastes a kill. Of course I'd hate to lose Kawl so early in the game, especially with a known alignment.

It's certainly a possibility, LP, that Kawl could be a godfather, but that'd take incredible luck. Hitting 1 of the 3/4/5 scum members, and then not only that, but the one person who would be checked as town, seems kinda unlikely. We can look at their play after a few days if you're still worried.

Sounds like something scum would say, feigning a lack of experience/knowledge. ;)

While I appreciate the sacrifice/reveal for Kawl, I think it would have been more interesting if acohrs had waited until just before the end of Day 1 and then picked whoever was leading the vote count, say a couple hours before the end.

I think it's kinda obvious who to protect / who is more valuable in this case. Batsnacks' role is spent, who knows what Kawl has and so they should be watched/protected/whatevered.

He's so far only ever talked about Kawl. Seems like content for content's sake.

got some comments on that reaction other than some friendly advice?

Not really? It's a common enough sentiment expressed by multiple players across multiple games with results ranging from "ef you guys I play like I want" to "fuck you guys, I'm out". I could say more, but it would stray into out of game meta stuff. Suffice to say "I don't think you're playing how you usually play" is not something I really consider alignment indicative.

*Splinter

Not really? It's a common enough sentiment expressed by multiple players across multiple games with results ranging from "ef you guys I play like I want" to "fuck you guys, I'm out". I could say more, but it would stray into out of game meta stuff. Suffice to say "I don't think you're playing how you usually play" is not something I really consider alignment indicative.
It's not, which only makes CCS' panicked response all the more noteworthy imo

And now he's trying to play the whole thing off as sarcasm, but the tone is completely different.

CCS

Banned
For God's sake acohrs, why did you have to die and leave me alone with these humourless bastards? Missing you already ;'(

I would assume Town presumably...so in this case the phrase may involve no good Town will not be caught or something. Hell I don't know ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Now, based off what you've been asked so far, whose line of questioning do you think has been more fruitful towards the purposes of successful "scum-hunting" (deducing which players are aligned with Mafia); mine, or *Splinter's?

*Splinter

Actually I really don't like this post. Cabot asked about CCS' reaction. Instead, you talk about the post he was reacting to and spin it into a whole "rah rah big bad meta out of game" to shut down the conversation.

It's not, which only makes CCS' panicked response all the more noteworthy imo

And now he's trying to play the whole thing off as sarcasm, but the tone is completely different.

Actually I really don't like this post. Cabot asked about CCS' reaction. Instead, you talk about the post he was reacting to and spin it into a whole "rah rah big bad meta out of game" to shut down the conversation.

No, the "panicked response" is the EXACT thing I'm talking about. The frustrated sentiment that no matter how someone plays they will get #scumread for not playing the exact same way every game. None of which has anything to do specifically with THIS game of Mafia, but rather the way GAF plays Mafia and trying to constantly tie behaviour in one game to behaviour in another game. THAT is the out of game metashit I'm talking about.

None of which says anything about whether CCS is scum or not, which is why I was trying to clarify my (lack of a) point and move on.

*Splinter

No, the "panicked response" is the EXACT thing I'm talking about. The frustrated sentiment that no matter how someone plays they will get #scumread for not playing the exact same way every game. None of which has anything to do specifically with THIS game of Mafia, but rather the way GAF plays Mafia and trying to constantly tie behaviour in one game to behaviour in another game. THAT is the out of game metashit I'm talking about.

None of which says anything about whether CCS is scum or not, which is why I was trying to clarify my (lack of a) point and move on.
Cabot asks you what you think of CCS' post. Your response is "nonono I don't have a point here let's move on".

Correct me if I'm misrepresenting anything here.

And stop hiding behind "metashit". I can see still see you.

Top Bottom