• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Bronx-Man

Banned
No, the "panicked response" is the EXACT thing I'm talking about. The frustrated sentiment that no matter how someone plays they will get #scumread for not playing the exact same way every game. None of which has anything to do specifically with THIS game of Mafia, but rather the way GAF plays Mafia and trying to constantly tie behaviour in one game to behaviour in another game. THAT is the out of game metashit I'm talking about.

None of which says anything about whether CCS is scum or not, which is why I was trying to clarify my (lack of a) point and move on.

You're acting pretty nervous.

cabot

No, the "panicked response" is the EXACT thing I'm talking about. The frustrated sentiment that no matter how someone plays they will get #scumread for not playing the exact same way every game. None of which has anything to do specifically with THIS game of Mafia, but rather the way GAF plays Mafia and trying to constantly tie behaviour in one game to behaviour in another game. THAT is the out of game metashit I'm talking about.

None of which says anything about whether CCS is scum or not, which is why I was trying to clarify my (lack of a) point and move on.

frustrated?

He had no votes on him and I was the first person to throw any sort of suspicion his way, then CCS blows up and threatens claiming.

You think that's nothing?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I mean, I wasn't actually planning on role claiming, just playing to the fact that I usually do.

Maybe I should start using /s in future...

Lemme guess, you were about to throw out a fake claim and your scum buds told you that was a bad idea?

Sarcasm. Riiiiiiiiiight.

Cabot asks you what you think of CCS' post. Your response is "nonono I don't have a point here let's move on".

Correct me if I'm misrepresenting anything here.

And stop hiding behind "metashit". I can see still see you.

AB didn't react. He wants to make that very clear

You're acting pretty nervous.

frustrated?

He had no votes on him and I was the first person to throw any sort of suspicion his way, then CCS blows up and threatens claiming.

You think that's nothing?

Ok

cabot

AbsolutBants

giphy.gif

Kawl_USC

Jesus Christ you guys have me actually on CCS's side here. I smell a lot of bull shit pushing that ccs was actually freaking out. Question is if it's over eager town or opportunistic scum?

UNVOTE

CCS

Banned
Jesus Christ you guys have me actually on CCS's side here. I smell a lot of bull shit pushing that ccs was actually freaking out. Question is if it's over eager town or opportunistic scum?

UNVOTE

I think this may be the first time ever. Well except for the time I was the innocent child.

cabot

UNVOTE

usually when CCS isn't serious its followed by :p

cabot

d2LajVG.gif

Catching up. I read the thread once, but I'll give the day a couple more runs.

acohrs jumping the gun gives us two confirmed town in play (and a third in acohrs's cooling corpse). Much better for town than scum at the moment-- who will they target on N1? They are bound to hit one of them because keeping confirmed town in play barely benefits scum, regardless of how sound the respective judgments of batsnacks and Kawl are. Our job now is to give our PRs as much information as possible for their nighttime games of chess.

What's everyone feelings on this guy ?!

Kyanrute

is this the part of the game where we all draw our own picture of the one, the only:

b
a
n
t
s

?

i promise i will post something better sometime soonTM

CCS,

you were nice enough to share some back story on the infamous games when I asked earlier.

I'll repay that kindness with a tip for dealing with Cabot.

He's going to throw out inane accusations your way. And when you're on the receiving end of the tunnel it can feel a bit stressful.

All you need to do is throw his accusations back in his face and he'll back down.

---

And I know you were just kidding earlier, but please don't role claim on day one.

batsnacks

the list still seems like OA, SkyOdin, DuskSoldier

Sides of flame and Isaac too but above three are the main ones

Towns help these people with votes cause that's probably what it will take for progress

*Splinter

CCS,

you were nice enough to share some back story on the infamous games when I asked earlier.

I'll repay that kindness with a tip for dealing with Cabot.

He's going to throw out inane accusations your way. And when you're on the receiving end of the tunnel it can feel a bit stressful.

All you need to do is throw his accusations back in his face and he'll back down.

---

And I know you were just kidding earlier, but please don't role claim on day one.

For the sake of providing context to Dusk's post, here's the entirety of Cabot's "tunnel" before CCS started overreacting.

A post catching up on what happened overnight, mentions CCS for not doing much:
Anyway, the mains suspects overnight were Ri, CCS and Dusk:

[...]

Fluff explanation. CCS has posted very little of worth in this game and he has a vote on me which I'm unsure if it's a joke or not.
A read of LP, that mentions CCS as an aside:
I'll give you one player I feel good about right now:

LP's no fucks given abruptness makes me think he's town, LP is usually a player that has to defend himself pretty vigorously.

Coupled with this:

Can see scum!CCS using his 'kill inactives' mantra to easily vote and waste a non-scum!LP for an easy day 1 lynch with little responsibility if it goes wrong.

So yeah leaning town on LP.
Yes, that's it. Unless I missed something.

CCS immediately jumps to "you always do this" (is this a metashit? :O :O :O)

Cab responds with "erm no I don't?"

Which already brings us to the infamous
Player plays as usual = scumtell

Player doesn't play as usual = scumtell

Well I'm fucked then.

Looks like it's time for my D1 role claim.
Looking back, I still can't see what CCS is even responding to with this post. Nor can I see what AB (and maybe Dusk?) objects to.

Flame_AC

Zeusy, why do you think "InFAMOUS" is capitalized the way it is instead of just being "Infamous"?

Personally, I want to know why it's "InFAMOUS" instead of "inFAMOUS" like in the game itself.

Also, just gonna mention Kawl again because of Time's vote. I've discussed Kawl because they were the one's being discussed when I was around, that or I wanted to point something out.

I'm leaning towards voting Bronx-Man right now, but I'll wait a little while.

SkyOdin

Usually these mafia games are pretty quiet when I'm asleep, but this one gets the bulk of its activity in that timeframe. I'm stuck playing catch-up in the aftermath of a pile of accusations and theories.

Right now, Blargonaut has turned the dial on his noise to signal ratio to ten, and feels more distracting than helpful. Ironically, that makes me lean town on him, since he was more restrained as a member of the mafia team in pizza mafia. It feels more like wild casting about for leads right now, which is what a townie would be doing day 1.

Our other big leader of conversation is cabot of all people. I appreciate your aggression cabot, but don't think I've forgotten how well you lead town as a member of scum team in anime mafia. Playing aggresively is not alignment indicitive for you at all.

I have seen plenty of frustrated townies act like CCS has when cornered, but it did seem to reach that point surprisingly quickly. We still have rime to go in this day phase and no one has accumulated more than one vote. Still, Day 1 is particularly volatile, so a slight push against a person can lead to a lynch. I'll put CCS on my watch list.

Speaking of...
the list still seems like OA, SkyOdin, DuskSoldier

Sides of flame and Isaac too but above three are the main ones

Towns help these people with votes cause that's probably what it will take for progress
I can understand being a little suspicious of me, since I have been so quiet and inactive, but I still don't get why I am topping your scum list, batsnacks. Of course, I am in general having trouble 100% parsing what some people have been saying in this thread. This game seems unusually heavy on memes, in-jokes, and obscure references instead of straightforward conversation. It is a lot to process when I haven't had breakfast yet.

batsnacks

Usually these mafia games are pretty quiet when I'm asleep, but this one gets the bulk of its activity in that timeframe. I'm stuck playing catch-up in the aftermath of a pile of accusations and theories.

Right now, Blargonaut has turned the dial on his noise to signal ratio to ten, and feels more distracting than helpful. Ironically, that makes me lean town on him, since he was more restrained as a member of the mafia team in pizza mafia. It feels more like wild casting about for leads right now, which is what a townie would be doing day 1.

Our other big leader of conversation is cabot of all people. I appreciate your aggression cabot, but don't think I've forgotten how well you lead town as a member of scum team in anime mafia. Playing aggresively is not alignment indicitive for you at all.

I have seen plenty of frustrated townies act like CCS has when cornered, but it did seem to reach that point surprisingly quickly. We still have rime to go in this day phase and no one has accumulated more than one vote. Still, Day 1 is particularly volatile, so a slight push against a person can lead to a lynch. I'll put CCS on my watch list.

Speaking of...

I can understand being a little suspicious of me, since I have been so quiet and inactive, but I still don't get why I am topping your scum list, batsnacks. Of course, I am in general having trouble 100% parsing what some people have been saying in this thread. This game seems unusually heavy on memes, in-jokes, and obscure references instead of straightforward conversation. It is a lot to process when I haven't had breakfast yet.

Okay but who's mafia

Top Bottom