• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Ty4on

Going extra meta

That Ouro thing kinda reminds me of myself tho. My latest games have missed a lot of spark like tunneling on players. It's not really conscious, but probably heavily influenced by how many townies I tunneled while giving scum the thumbs up.

I'm not going to go over all of this again, Worm, as I'm going to sleep. But one last time. This here:

When people want to lynch you, you retreat to "well people will scumread me no matter what!" (Everyone in this game has been scumread or voted for at some point, so this is true.) This is frustrating to you, because you would like to play perfectly and remain unimpeachable.

is again complete bullshit and I told you why, you just dont want to accept it. I'm not upset that someone is trying to lynch me.

I'm upset that you're using such a bullshit reason for it, and I explained why it's stupid, not gonna go over that again, maybe reread that post a few times. It's getting annoying.

Anyway, if anybody wants to give their thoughts on this exchange while I'm asleep, feel free.

Ty4on

I might also want to add that I'm getting accused of "policy lynching" from you.

Both lynch options yesterday were policy lynching. You voted for one of those, Worm. I'm not seeing what you're doing different.
How was Worthy/Orb a policy lynch?

The definition I have of a policy lynch is someone being anti town like not posting, not making reads etc. Worthy did none of those.

Verelios

Yet I don't love you. My eyes see only crimson, not scum such as yourself. </3

Still, it feels like you're just throwing out non-committal shade there.

I was more proving a point from last page where I was speaking about blending in with the thread and generalities. I wonder why you're so flustered about that?

Can you tell me if you agree or disagree?

Sophia

Hmm...I'm really doubting Samuffin/Dr Worm are scum/scum. Seems a little ridiculous. Gonna have to rethink those reads.

I feel like I've seen this post before...

This exchange, while interesting, isn't really helping my reads much. I really can't believe this would be scum/scum, and since I already have Dr Fran as leaning scum, I think I'll put Fepsune as neutral/town for now.

Huh. You sure seem hung up on scum/scum exchanges? Any particular reason why, and are you getting anything out of it?

Ty4on

That would fit with you essentially wanting to policy lynch the people making "major mistakes."

How do you propose we win if the mafia plays to your inoffensive ideal?
What do you consider a policy lynch? Examples from this thread too would be swell.

How was Worthy/Orb a policy lynch?

The definition I have of a policy lynch is someone being anti town like not posting, not making reads etc. Worthy did none of those.

They were not posting much. And if they were criticized for not really saying much of worth. Nothing else comes to mind. They basically were the stand in after some people went from kitsune whobwas similar. As Darryl said earlier, both options were basically an activity lynch, with Kark additionally doing some other anti-town thing.

Sophia

I was more proving a point from last page where I was speaking about blending in with the thread and generalities. I wonder why you're so flustered about that?

Can you tell me if you agree or disagree?

You don't even know what me being flustered looks like, and you wouldn't if it bit you in the ass anyhow. :p

And if you mean this statement...

I just disagreed with Sorian's point in that instance. I feel it's easier for scum to blend when they're overly helpful on general problems/widespread discussion than when they're making a specific opinion. But they're both counted as contributing so...

No I don't quite agree with it. I think scum are more interested in being middle of the road, rather than being overly helpful on general problems. Some of the best well played scum games I've seen at GAF are usually players who are just straddling the line. Knowing exactly where to put their opinion so that if they're challenged then it's easy to defend.

Verelios

You don't even know what me being flustered looks like, and you wouldn't if it bit you in the ass anyhow. :p

And if you mean this statement...

No I don't quite agree with it. I think scum are more interested in being middle of the road, rather than being overly helpful on general problems. Some of the best well played scum games I've seen at GAF are usually players who are just straddling the line. Knowing exactly where to put their opinion so that if they're challenged then it's easy to defend.
Then I guess we'll disagree

Dr. Worm

Banned
What do you consider a policy lynch? Examples from this thread too would be swell.

My definition would be something like "an arbitrary lynch as punishment/disuasion for a disliked play that isn't necessarily alignment-indicative."

I would say people voting for Kark on the basis of "the gambit didn't seem worthwhile" were policy lynching.

Ty4on

They were not posting much. And if they were criticized for not really saying much of worth. Nothing else comes to mind. They basically were the stand in after some people went from kitsune whobwas similar. As Darryl said earlier, both options were basically an activity lynch, with Kark additionally doing some other anti-town thing.
Yeah but StarSketch pair. Royal Flush pair. Darryl pair even. Fire pair almost if we use combined numbers.

Ok, postcount from Kark's post isn't the most accurate, but apart from being on the low side Worthy and Orb's activity really didn't stand out and both, Worthy especially, gave their reads they were just read by a lot of people as safe.

Yeah but StarSketch pair. Royal Flush pair. Darryl pair even. Fire pair almost if we use combined numbers.

Ok, postcount from Kark's post isn't the most accurate, but apart from being on the low side Worthy and Orb's activity really didn't stand out and both, Worthy especially, gave their reads they were just read by a lot of people as safe.

...Yes? Their posts didnt stand out, so they were lynched for arbitrary reasons. Just because there are many other options for a policy lynch it doesnt erase the policy lynch.

Verelios

Well that's horribly anti-climatic.
How so? It's a difference in opinions on scum actions, not something you'll have to stake your life to prove. And while I think you're (kind of) wrong, I'm probably not going to change your mind beyond lip service.

Are you fishing for an argument Sophia? But why? Is there a reason? Peculiar.

Ourobolus

Banned
I feel like I've seen this post before...

Huh. You sure seem hung up on scum/scum exchanges? Any particular reason why, and are you getting anything out of it?

While arguments between scum aren't unimaginably rare, they are rare enough that I don't want to take too much stock in seeing arguments between two teams that are long and ridiculous as scum/scum. Sure, that COULD be the case, but it's almost always an outlier rather than the norm (especially this early on). They could both be scum, but for now I'll just keep that in the back of my mind until we get some flips.

Sophia

How so? It's a difference in opinions on scum actions, not something you'll have to stake your life to prove. And while I think you're (kind of) wrong, I'm probably not going to change your mind beyond lip service.

Are you fishing for an argument Sophia? But why? Is there a reason? Peculiar.

Not really. This day just feels a bit slow, and I've got my vote on you. Wanna see what I can get out of it before the end of the day phase.

In regards to the bolded, I'd like to see you try actually. :p

While arguments between scum aren't unimaginably rare, they are rare enough that I don't want to take too much stock in seeing arguments between two teams that are long and ridiculous as scum/scum. Sure, that COULD be the case, but it's almost always an outlier rather than the norm (especially this early on). They could both be scum, but for now I'll just keep that in the back of my mind until we get some flips.

Hmm... Fair point.

I agree with Ty's sentiment that you feel passionless. Although, not really a scum tell, just an odd observation.

Sophia

Nomadic, you don't need to unvote to throw up a new vote. The vote tool automatically adjusts. You also don't need to specify who you're unvoting, simply "Unvote" is enough.

kingkitty

Earlier Updated Reads Day 2 part 1

Original Reads part 1
Original Reads part 2

5. [m] TsuXna & [m] Royal_Flush
Royal started Day 2 with some premade post analysis for Verelios and Dragonz, which seems to be a continuation of one of the last posts in Day 2. Personally I wouldn't put much effort making premade posts specifically about one pair during the night phase. There's the risk of the person I'm analyzing dying and then I did all that typing for nothing when I could have watched anime. But luckily for Royal, that pair was alive and well. If Royal is scum, perhaps he knew that Verelios and Dragonz would survive, and therefore put the effort in premade post analysis. Or maybe he really did as townie felt like making premade post analysis in the night period.

Has a boring back and forth with Verelios. A conversation occurred with Ty4on, what caught my eye is how that conversation ended with Ty4on justifying that he couldn't be there much during the end of Day 1 because of visitors. This reasoning came after Verelios said something about Ty4on being 'absent' at Day 1. Scum 1 bringing up Scum 2's absence, and then have Scum 2 defend that absence with a real life, justifiable excuse. I dunno, would seem like a little lame thing to do for scum, at least in my opinion. Scum bringing up the justifiable excuse on their own is fine, but having a little collusion with another scum in order to help bring up the excuse instead is a pickle's worth of lame. In a way, it's a much, much, much softer version than the argument between Sophia and Natiko, which I went into detail in my earlier Day 2 read. If Ty4on flipped scum it might change my read at least a little bit. Vice versa as well.

Who is TsuXna

Old Rank: Slight Suspicious
New Rank: Null to Slight Suspicious

6. [m] franconp & [m] Dr. Worm
franconp implies that only after lynching Kark we can properly give analysis to the votes. Doubt's Kark idea that the silencer isn't by scum. If Kark is scum, then scum made an effort to get the lynch away from Kark's pair in the span of 20 to 30 mins. If franconp is also scum, does it make sense to imply that that it might be helpful to kill Kark the very next day? I don't think so. If Kark flips scum, franconp might look better and vice versa. Also this argument between franconp and kitsunelaine which I skimmed incredibly fast but it does make me ponder if they're both on the same scum team. So if either flip evil,
I'll probably feel better about the other. Unless I've fallen for the great scum plan of constantly slapping each other, giving me head pain, but my gutbelly says no.

I think Worm's discussion with Sorian about the idea of a silencer roleblock is a bit confusing/pointless if they're both on the same scum team. So probably at least a slight change in read if either pair flips scum.

Old Rank: Don't Throw Into Volcano Yet to Null
New Rank: Don't Throw Into Volcano Yet to Null

7. [m] Xbro & [m] Karkador
This whole silencer thing I guess could be a completely made up gambit by scumKardor and XscumBro. Look at LoveBoat 1, pick up an existing role and then use it.
Have a planned conversation in the thread where Xbro "accidentally" spills all the beans about what happened. But eh, I don't see the point of this gambit if Kark is just gonna later say he thinks it isn't a maf ability. I'd think the angle of this gambit would be to gain some type of town sympathy by saying "look scum silenced us!".

Kark bringing up the "XBRO FEELS PURE" similarity between Ty4on and Sorian.

Here's a couple of select scenarios

Scenario 1) Ty4on and Kark are scum, Sorian is town. Ty4on realizes there's some
similarity in talk between him and Sorian, gets on top of it by pointing it out. Scum Kark then pointing this out again seems redundant, and unhelpful. It's such a minor thing, but it's still redundant as fuck. If Ty4on flips scum, I'd feel a little bit closer to the idea Kark isn't on the same scum team. It's minor but I feel it.

Scenario 2) Kark and Sorian are scum, Ty4on is town. Townie Ty4on notices the similarity, points it out. But then scum Kark brings it up again because why? Didn't seem like this was something spiraling out of control. Unless he thinks Sorian is going to flip scum extremely soon and wants to lay a (very) small pipe towards the demise of the Ty4on pair by connecting them with each other? I think it's far fetched to think that far ahead. If Sorian flips scum, I'd feel very slightly closer to the idea Kark isn't on the same scum team. Probably not as close compared to Ty4on flipping scum.

Scenario 3) Kark pair/Sorian pair/Ty4on pair are all scum, a scenario I believe is impossible. Talking about that XBRO FEELS PURE feels as I've said in scenario 1,
way too redundant and now just simply putting minor suspicion between two scum pairs seems very silly. If Sorian AND Ty4on were both scum, then Kark pair is
200 percent not scum.

Old Rank: Null (I believe I changed this from Slight Suspicious, to the rank of Null at the end of Day 1)
New Rank: Null to Slight Suspicious

Between the eating, anime, and the staring at my cats I've run out of time to do a proper deep dank update to all my reads for this day phase since I won't be around at all tomorrow between the time of 6am eastern and 6pm eastern, which means I'll completely miss the deadline. So apologies for that, I haven't been vibing to my standards.

Among the rest of the pairs which I didn't give a deep dank read, I probably wouldn't change my current reads at the moment. Will check in tomorrow morning.

More people I wanna hear chime in on all this:

Darryl
WAMD
Karkadork

The only thing I've had time to notice is that Kisune is still raising red flags, even more so, and I agree with fran in his defense.

vote: kitsunelaine

Sorry I haven't been around much, I'm deployed right now and we're working on our fourth fucking engine change

Dr. Worm

Banned
Who is airman ?

latest

Natiko

Banned
Sorry for being MIA pretty much all day.

The thing about Wormconp is that you have to read them as a pair. As a pair they come across super scummy.
And the reasoning for them specifically as a pair seeming scummy is due to the fact that they don't have the same playstyle as noted here:

It was at this point where I had to just double check and confirm that yes, Fran AND Dr. Worm are partners and supposed to be collaborating with one another. And they are. Because people had begun reading Dr. Worm as suspicious, but hadn't even noticed the complete and total disparity between the way both sides of this pairing were acting.

...which to me isn't very sound logic. What does it matter if there's a disparity between partners? That can be said about a significant amount of pairs currently. Do you scum read all of them? I get that you specifically found Fran's behavior scummy, but multiple times now you've tried to use their overall combined behavior as further validation for the vote.

Of course you do, I just made a read against you.
For someone that has seemed pretty meek at times (Not wanting to push angles that got you lynched in a previous game, talking about your inexperience, etc.) this is the second time you've gotten into an argument and been pretty aggressive and snarky. Is there a reason your overall approach isn't similar?

On that topic, how are you feeling about WAMD and Vere now? Has your read changed? (Apologies if I missed you answering this somewhere)

So I just want to say that I've gone over today's posts twice.

There are

so

many

words

but there's nothing of substance anywhere.
Kind of like most of your posts.
I can post garbage without any real point to it too, so helpful of me!

Is this usual Star behavior? Being defensive about posts that are directed to another players?
Is it usual for Star to be fairly oblivious and not keep current with the thread or pay too close attention to what she's responding to? Absolutely. That being said I have no reason to believe a scum Star wouldn't be just as oblivious.

also if anyone has any dope questions for me in the morning that I can check on, feel free to ask. going to sleep.
How does it feel to be carrying your boat?
What are your thoughts on D2 of Ty? (I believe he was your top scum read D1)
Do you agree with your partner's scum assessments of Muffin/sam and fran/worm?

The only thing I've had time to notice is that Kisune is still raising red flags, even more so, and I agree with fran in his defense.

vote: kitsunelaine

Sorry I haven't been around much, I'm deployed right now and we're working on our fourth fucking engine change
What specifically about kit's recent argument is raising red flags for you? It sounds (correct me if I'm wrong) like you haven't been able to dive deep into either side of the argument.

It feels padded. She made a lot of noise but said nothing

Also it feels like she's just spewing out her own random ideas in an attempt for something to stick

I know I'm being hypocritical in that I'm piggybacking off other reads but I agree with them at any rate

I had my suspicions about her after D1 obviously and I'm still willing to lynch her

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (4)
Ty4on 1893
franconp 2119
Sorian 2196
WhereAreMahDragonz 2278

Xbro & Karkador (2)
Verelios 1752 1761
Sawneeks 1861
flatearthpandas 1940

franconp & Dr. Worm (2)
Sorian 1821 1831
Xbro 1897 2171
kitsunelaine 2066
Ourobolus 2215

Ourobolus & kingkitty (2)
flatearthpandas 1877 1940
Muffin1611 2172
Nomadic Sparks 2267 2269
Nomadic Sparks 2269

Darryl & nin1000 (1)
CrimsonFist 1676
Ourobolus 1727 1876
Sorian 1831 1937

Muffin1611 & Samuraischnecke (1)
Ourobolus 1876 2215
Dr. Worm 2246

Trigger & Ty4on (1)
Nomadic Sparks 1707 2179
Natiko 1933

Verelios & WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
Sophia 1871

StarSketch & CzarTim (0): Sorian 1937 2196

CrimsonFist & Sophia (0): Natiko 1697 1723

No active vote for Day 2: CzarTim, Darryl, Karkador, kingkitty, nin1000, Royal_Flush, Samuraischnecke, StarSketch, Trigger, TsuXna, Verelios (has previously voted), Xbro (has previously voted)

Day 2 Postcount: CrimsonFist 22, CzarTim 6, Darryl 10, Dr. Worm 37, flatearthpandas 8, franconp 46, Karkador 14, kingkitty 12, kitsunelaine 27, Muffin1611 53, Natiko 21, nin1000 24, Nomadic Sparks 16, Ourobolus 47, Royal_Flush 20, Samuraischnecke 8, Sawneeks 17, Sophia 40, Sorian 53, StarSketch 9, Trigger 5, TsuXna 1, Ty4on 68, Verelios 28, WhereAreMahDragonz 11, Xbro 21

Day 2 ends:
pin_1502391600.png

Automated vote tally here

14 votes for majority

Sorian

Banned
I want scum/scum wagons competing so doing this:

VOTE: Ourobolus

I think Ouro was trying to sway bad favor to fran on that argument and it fell flat.

In other news, multi quote failed me as usual so wanted to comment on the claim from Muffin that Kark and Orb were both policy lynched. No, I could maybe see that with Kark and his "gambit" but both Orb and TWE were playing, I just didn't like their play which is why I pressured them early and had no qualms switching to them later when I didn't like the Kark vote anymore.

Verelios, that response to you wasn't obtuse, I think you were trying to get away with a pot shot on nothing.

Seeing the same KK post for the 4th or 5th time now, I think I was getting hyped over a lot of words with varying helpfulness of content.

Darryl

Banned
That is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I happen to not have made any major mistakes so far that would needlessly divert suspicion to me, and because of that, the only option you and Darryl seem to have left is to call exactly that scummy. That it's weird that I'm doing that.

At that point you can just say "I have a gut feeling", perfectly acceptable, no need to come up with weird justifications like that.

It's like you seem bent on following the crowd and I think it reveals a larger lack of integrity within your own reads. I don't believe that you believe your own reads. I don't think some of these tells you've found have been that great and have warranted your own behavior.

You had a read yesterday on Karkador, and like, it may have been right. I was okay with lynching him. I don't think substance-wise, Karkador's behavior warranted a last minute "aw, fuck it" style vote flip though. If we lynched them, I think it would have been a policy lynch. How did their posts give you that much angst, when they barely even contributed? How did their behavior really rub you that wrong way?

You flipped over to voting on me from Karkador(?) initially, but yet you weren't even a part of the inquiry squad when it came to me earlier in the night. You sat on the sidelines through that argument. You could have possibly led a bandwagon on me if you had timed it right, but you waited until the night was almost over. You hopped in during the final bit of the hour and your post imo didn't show that you understood the argument against me.

Today, still, it doesn't seem like you even want to argue with me. Not only did you open today with an argument against me that you let fizzle:

Post #1834

I mean, you really gave up arguing with me very fast. I didn't say anything today that I wasn't saying last night, I just had a calmer tone. It makes sense that this convinces you to drop it because you now realize you can't be as opportunistic and can't capitalize on my mistake of getting frustrated. My frustrated tone validated you voting for me last night apparently.

Also, you completely ignored my argument with you until Dr. Worm brought it back up. It seems like your behavior is really consistent with someone who doesn't understand the heart of the arguments, you're just skimming the headlines, reading tones, not doing your own research, trying to avoid the spotlight, etc.

Vote: Muffin1611

Darryl

Banned
Oh Nin :p

Anything specific you liked from Natiko?

Do you know of any examples where they seemed to use their chat?

Post #1980 - I agree with his read that they are overly eager. It's a read that sounds like something town would make as opposed to a read that scum would make - it's creative and shows that they're approaching it the right way. It also agrees with my current line of thinking about Muffin.

The back and forth with you seemed okay and that you both wanted real answers/to give real responses

giphy.gif

Oh boy.

First, I'm going to disagree with kits. I don't think there's that huge of a disparity between fran and worm. They've both split up their efforts today to attack new players. I think fran is doing the better job there and worm is starting to lose the good will i had for him yesterday. Not just because I'm still townreading muffins and co. Maybe because the tone has shifted. More aggressive but not for any real reason that i gleaned. I'll do another read, did just catch up.

Speaking of tone shifts, you may have noticed kits has had one in the opposite direction. I was criticized for being a bit blase when she came under fire yesterday but we did talk about that being preferable to getting overly defensive. We aren't actively communicating in our lover chat as we are in different time zones but we drop notes for each other. I mentioned this before in the main thread but my first few games had me internally pouting about constantly being scum read when i was town so i would say it just takes some experience before some people are properly comfortable posting at all. Anyway, we haven't been checking our reads against each other. Besides me at least not finding it necessary, it would take even longer for them to get posted in the main thread.

My vote currently stands where it is. I'll be rereading now and I'll be around today, but likely not for day end unless my sleep schedule gets totally fucked because i have an interview tomorrow and 4am.

Ourobolus

Banned
I want scum/scum wagons competing so doing this:

VOTE: Ourobolus

I think Ouro was trying to sway bad favor to fran on that argument and it fell flat.

I mean, I absolutely want that since I think fran is scum.

But you're telling me that scum are causing the most disruption with spurious arguments between themselves? I already said that it's possible, but you think I'm scum and thus bussing fran?

Verelios

Verelios, that response to you wasn't obtuse, I think you were trying to get away with a pot shot on nothing.

Seeing the same KK post for the 4th or 5th time now, I think I was getting hyped over a lot of words with varying helpfulness of content.
It was an example towards what I wrote the page before, come on Sorian, you know what a pot shot is. If I wanted to throw shade then why would I need to have a reason? If you want to say you disagree then fine, but trying to undermine it is bullshit.

You really think scum are piling on dr. fran right now?
So, can I get your general thoughts on the game since you're here right now?

Sorian

Banned
You really think scum are piling on dr. fran right now?

"Piling on" with the two votes? No.

I mean, I absolutely want that since I think fran is scum.

But you're telling me that scum are causing the most disruption with spurious arguments between themselves? I already said that it's possible, but you think I'm scum and thus bussing fran?

No, I think you may be scum who tried to get support on a fran lynch over a kitsune lynch because kitsune is your partner. I'm more sure of kitsune then you but moving my vote made it 3-3 which looks a lot nicer than 4-2-2-2-2.

Sorian

Banned
Well you seem to have it all figured out. If I end up Town reading a scum team then I must be scum. Good work, Sherlock

Except that's not the issue. I think you know fran better than you're trying to let on with that weak read and with so few weighing in there, even one vote towards fran helps kitsune drown a little bit less.

So, can I get your general thoughts on the game since you're here right now?
Much ado about nothing. I'm going to reread but I'm not really focused here. My opinions didn't really change that much as I caught up. Sophia slipping a bit scummier from being around but kind of poking halfheartedly, not sure why she bothered to post at all. But then she picked up a bit. I noted worm also is slipping for me but without the pickup. Need a refresh but i know there are some things to say about darryl and royal, mostly good. Kark put in some effort that i can appreciate but my vote is still there. That was reliant on more than just him though so definitely up to change, especially the better darryl looks since that was my link. Sorian meh. Natiko posted something that caught my interest I'll revisit as well. Didn't jump out at me out change my read of him so I'll have to go back to it. Sawneeks hustling, Sorian jogging in place behind her but not doing badly. Ouro nothing, nin, nothing. Kittya bit better but not much.

Overall, a disappointing dearth of thought on the votes yesterday supplemented with more day 1-esque handwringing and nitpicking. Such as.

"Piling on" with the two votes? No.
Insofar as they can go. You say you want a scum scum competition and vote from kits to ouro, who are both voting Fran. In a 4-2-2-2 you think scum aren't spread out?

Sounds like FEP thought there were more votes on fran too....

butthatsnoneofmybusiness.gif
Nope

Sorian

Banned
It's two people, scum is at least 3 teams which would be 6 people. I'm not sure why you seem to think the two of them on fran is mutually exclusive from scum spreading their votes.

Top Bottom