• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Something else to note: on D3, no one other than isaac and cabot ever got more than one vote. This was probably because the conversation coalesced around cabot for much of the day, but it does seem interesting that isaac ended up being lynched because he had the vote lead by the slimmest of margins.

Of those votes, the ones that stick out are Flame, Kalor, and Oceanic. 3 votes within 20 posts to put isaac at 5 votes.

I think someone mentioned before that OA is our closest thing to a confirmed townie? If so, given the scum kills, he should probably share his top town/scum before day's end.

Flame_AC

I mean I do agree with you somewhat with Swamped, just not enough to switch from Ri.
Why do you keep pushing this thunderdome narrative? You've vastly overstated the bickering between the 3 (you've even admitted it is only really two of them going at it) especially with how empty half the arguments were.

If their bickering isn't as much as I think, then great. We already know none of them are gonna die today, barring a big vote switch, so we'll get to test the theory. If/When they go back at each other again tomorrow, then we'll evaluate it again then.

Flame_AC

I don't want to, but we could go down the rabbit hole of: wouldn't scum put up more of a fight? Or I guess maybe they knew it is a lost cause and don't want to fight it?

Kalor

I don't want to, but we could go down the rabbit hole of: wouldn't scum put up more of a fight? Or I guess maybe they knew it is a lost cause and don't want to fight it?

I thought about that earlier and I'm not sure what to think of it. The votes been leaning towards Ri all day so if they are scum, maybe the others figured they could get town cred by voting for Ri'Orius. Either that or they're town and scum are just letting it happen.

Flame_AC

I could... but I dunno? No point in doing it when it'll happen in 20 minutes. I think there's a very solid chance Ri' is scum, but I feel better about Zeusy. If it was a close vote between someone I thought was town vs Ri', then I'd hop in, but for now I'll just wait. Maybe something'll happen.

Ri'Orius

Sorry I've been inactive; GenCon. Don't have time to catch up, but in case anyone cares, I'm lynch proof. Feel free to spend the day confirming. Or believe me and lynch someone worthwhile.

I think someone mentioned before that OA is our closest thing to a confirmed townie? If so, given the scum kills, he should probably share his top town/scum before day's end.
I'm going with Blarg/Flame especially if Ri turns out to be scum. I wouldn't be opposed to a Swamped lynch either.

Other than that, there is a spectrum of people like you/bronx where I hoped you'd be a bit more active for your scum team.

Then people like kalor, kyan, zipped and sky who I feel a bit more comfortable with.

Cabot/splinter are people that I just have trouble reading.

Zeusy, I also feel good about right now, Waffle less so even if I don't think she's scum.

Despite this, remember much like other confirmed town's opinions, mine don't mean much.
People go in different ways. isaacnukem put up more of a fight and was town. Either way, saying nothing ain't helpful to town.
------
And if Ri is somehow telling the truth, I'd definitely consider going after cabot. But there's absolutely no reason not to test this from a town perspective.

Ri'Orius has ... not died.

You have escaped death -- like you once escaped this prison.

It is time to reveal the truth, Celia.

Celia Penderghast – Escapist

"Caged, before I could ever fly free. Soon I will leave this prison forever. And now they wanna ship me to a government detainment center. A new cage they want me to rot in; to never use my powers again! No... for once in my life, I choose what happens next..."

No walls can hold you. You have escaped from Curdun Cay once and won’t be a prisoner again. You are a true Escapist. You are aligned with Town.

As Celia you have a 1-shot lynch proof that automatically triggers in the event you are lynched. Day will still end if you gain the majority of the votes.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

The game thread is HERE.

No one has died. Sleep well.

6UschL4.jpg

Night 4 Begins

DAY 5 BEGINS iN

pin_1503266400.png

Please make sure all Night Actions are submitted two hours before deadline.

Thank you.

DAY 4 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Ri'Orius (7)
Flame_AC 2143 2250
Swamped 2168
Kalor 2237
Kyanrute 2287
cabot 2478
OceanicAir 2518
WaffleTaco 2524
SkyOdin 2527

cabot (3)
*Splinter 2156
Blargonaut 2347 2406
Blargonaut 2481
Ri'Orius 2560

Zippedpinhead (1)
Zeusy 2459

WaffleTaco (1)
Bronx-Man 2203

Swamped (1)
cabot 2134 2284
Zippedpinhead 2208

Zeusy (1)
Flame_AC 2250

Lone_Prodigy (0): SkyOdin 2138 2527

Kyanrute (0): Ri'Orius 2139 2560

Blargonaut (0): cabot 2401 2475, Blargonaut 2406 2481

SkyOdin (0): cabot 2284 2401, cabot 2475 2478

No active vote for Day 4: Lone_Prodigy

Day 4 Postcount: *Splinter 31, Blargonaut 60, Bronx-Man 15, cabot 117, Flame_AC 78, Kalor 12, Kyanrute 18, Lone_Prodigy 12, OceanicAir 10, Ri'Orius 5, SkyOdin 15, Swamped 11, WaffleTaco 10, Zeusy 21, Zippedpinhead 17

Names in underline failed to meet minimum postcount - your moderator will deal with them.

Cu0Diwg.jpg

(Not feeling well today. Flavor will be forthcoming. Have fun playing!)

Sorry, Celia. Your luck has run out.

Ri'Orius has died.

Celia Penderghast – Escapist

"Caged, before I could ever fly free. Soon I will leave this prison forever. And now they wanna ship me to a government detainment center. A new cage they want me to rot in; to never use my powers again! No... for once in my life, I choose what happens next..."

No walls can hold you. You have escaped from Curdun Cay once and won’t be a prisoner again. You are a true Escapist. You are aligned with Town.

As Celia you have a 1-shot lynch proof that automatically triggers in the event you are lynched. Day will still end if you gain the majority of the votes.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

The game thread is HERE.

But there is a glimmer of ... hope?

Swamped has died.

The Beast

"Humanity is dead. Help me save what I can."

You are aligned with Scum.

As the Beast, you have a 1-shot Bulletproof vest that will protect you from any night attack. Additionally, should you be lynched the last person to vote for you will also be lynched automatically by triggering your Bomb ability.

Fake Claim – John White

You win when scum has the majority.

The game thread is HERE.

The scum thread is HERE.

_____

Day 5 Begins

DAY ENDS iN...

pin_1503525600.png

*Splinter

Is this right?

Night 1 - 2 kills
Night 2 - 1 kill
Night 3 - 1 kill
Night 4 - 2 kills

Assuming 2 kills per night, and 1 missing kill was Swamped (bulletproof), we have one kill unaccounted.

Not super interested in that right now, but if Kyan could kill then there would have been a third (failed) kill on night 1, which seems unlikely with 2 kills in the other nights.

*Splinter

OTOH the scum role pm doesn't include the scum kill ability, so maybe CCS' ability wouldn't work the way he claimed it did.

Melon can we ask about roles that have already flipped? Would CCS' ability cause any scum to be a killer?

*Splinter

Hey lover guess what I think now about your early scumreads on both TheG and Swamped.

Go on, take a guess.

Spell it out for our audience, if you don't mind.

Kalor

I expected Ri would die since they were cleared but the Swamped kill is nice. Although I was fairly convinced that Ri'Orius was scum yesterday so I'll have to look over everyone again. Especially since we know who one member of the scum team is now.

Kyanrute

Kyan, what are you going on about this time

aww, such a bronx post to make!

well, if kyaaa is semiconfirmed in the eyes of town

town will not lynch kyaaa

so scum have to kill kyaaa

and things die when they are killed

so kyaaa will die when he is killed

oh noes!

Definitely going to reassess my reads from the end of the previous day since I got kinda caught up in myself. Also, it really does seem that it was likely that CCS was telling the truth about possessing Kyan (doesn't necessarily mean that kyan is town with cabot claiming commuter but I'm leaning towards town kyan atm).

Killer again seems to have town interests in mind with the Swamped kill that was on a couple of people's radar. But it is interesting that they didn't go for cabot or Blarg.

Zipped too wanted Swamped dead hmm.

hmmm

I've been in three minds about that, he was so determined to off her even in the face of nobody really changing their minds. So either he has a good gut, targeted her a previous day and her not mentioning being attacked setup some red flags, or he wanted to lead a lynch into a bomb. I must say I doubt the third reason right now as that seems like a horrendous way to go about it unless you're trying to stage sacrifice/bus on the next day.

Kalor

Cabot is looking pretty good now for me since he was actively pushing for Swamped at one point. She wasn't under much pressure so it doesn't make sense for scum Cabot to draw attention to them.

Flame_AC

At the very least, the death of Swamped has maybe bought us a little bit of time. Time to do some thinking, too bad Swamped came in the game after Day 1, would have been useful.

As an aside, I'm glad that fake claim never had to be used cause I would have lynched Swamped for it.

Flame_AC

You're scum, TheG.
Just come clean.
No way TheG I know accepts so blindly one of Kawl or batsnacks are dead tonight.
Lucky day 1 guess by cabot.

Unfortunately we have a Day 2 gap where there was nothing from TheG and Swamped hadn't subbed in.

Flame_AC

Blarg makes a good point here.
I bet Kawl is a Veteran and AbsolutBro died protecting him

Mafia killed Timeaisis because they feared the Doctor. Since bats and Kawl aren't dead, safe to say there aren't any Strong peeps amongst us

I really am leaning town on him. He's thinking in a town-like way. Again, I like to think I can read Blarg fairly well after all these years.
This post here by scum Swamped seems like a pretty okay case for Blarg being town, in my opinion. We have the Blarg post talking about the lack of a scum role, Swamped's specifically, which Swamped then comes in and supports. I feel like she was attempting to get onto Blarg's good side with posts like this while also minimizing people's attention to the possible Strong kill.

This post here by scum Swamped seems like a pretty okay case for Blarg being town, in my opinion. We have the Blarg post talking about the lack of a scum role, Swamped's specifically, which Swamped then comes in and supports. I feel like she was attempting to get onto Blarg's good side with posts like this while also minimizing people's attention to the possible Strong kill.
I don't follow. Swamped's role was being bulletproof, not a strong kill.

Flame_AC

pretty sure swamped is scum.
Cabot continues to hold on TheG and Swamped train until she was killed during the night, seems like a pretty solid case for town cabot.
MAFIA (4/15)
CABOT
readme.txt

FLAME_AC
Feels too supportive and eager to mingle with everybody to the point of seeming like empty selfish networking. Supports cabot.

RI'ORIOUS
Likes to jump his vote between a Day's Thunderdome pairs, keeping himself swapping across the two majors too much. More like interference than indecisiveness.

SKYODIN
Tends to keep his distance from the major bandwagons, and if he does participate in one, he just sits there like he did with CCS.
I'll just go ahead and go against what I just said about Blarg. The interactions between the two have just been them telling each other how town each other were, consistently, in both Day 3 and Day 4. Then we have Blarg's read list a page or few back and it just seems awfully convenient that the list is 3 town and 1 scum.

Flame_AC

Continuing my mistake of starting the day, I accidentally posted 2591 early.

Basically the following:

Blarg has me on his list: (Super townie)
Blarg has cabot on his list: (Very likely townie)
Blarg has Ri'Orius on his list: (Town, PR no less)
Blarg has token scum on his list potentially, SkyOdin.

Time to reevaluate methinks. Of course Blarg could just be wrong, but who knows.

SkyOdin

Swamped, how do you feel about the push by a few of our fellow players that you are scum? Misguided? What do you say to their reasoning?

Thinks scum will get voted out, doesn't offer any of her own reads.

XD

Well, I've tried answering their points as best I can. I haven't done anything to intentionally obfuscate my reads. I do feel that the points that cabot and Zipped made are really weak, and that itself influences my reads on them.
I was going back over Swamped's posts to see if I could find anything of note, and this exchange jumped out at me. Flame, that is one hell of a softball question. That is not all either, you and Swamped seemed to be doing a fair bit of defending each other. You both expressed a strange interest in OA and the gossip chat as well.

And don't think I can't see you using blarg's read list to oh so subtly direct suspicion in my direction.

Vote: Flame_AC

Flame_AC

I was going back over Swamped's posts to see if I could find anything of note, and this exchange jumped out at me. Flame, that is one hell of a softball question. That is not all either, you and Swamped seemed to be doing a fair bit of defending each other. You both expressed a strange interest in OA and the gossip chat as well.

And don't think I can't see you using blarg's read list to oh so subtly direct suspicion in my direction.

Vote: Flame_AC

In reading through the Swamped interactions, I knew for sure that that post of mine was going to come up.

Also, I wasn't trying to be subtle in trying to tie you to Blarg if he happens to turn out to be scum.

SkyOdin

In reading through the Swamped interactions, I knew for sure that that post of mine was going to come up.

Also, I wasn't trying to be subtle in trying to tie you to Blarg if he happens to turn out to be scum.
So, what do you have to say about that post and your other interactions with Swamped? The fact that you knew it was going to come up doesn't tell us anything. That is an evasion at best.

Flame_AC

So, what do you have to say about that post and your other interactions with Swamped? The fact that you knew it was going to come up doesn't tell us anything. That is an evasion at best.

From my point of view, at that moment in the game, Swamped was a top 5 town player at the time (Day 3/4) as you can see here (you, SkyOdin, were just above her in towniness too):
Slight Town Lean:
SkyOdin - Similar to the below Swamped/Splinter, but I feel like SkyOdin is a player who will be very helpful in the mid-late game.
Swamped / *Splinter - They occupy similar positions in my mind, solid posts with some good effort put in. Swamped had the unfortunate fun of having to catch up so this could change for her rather fast as she moves into more original content instead of making her opinions about old content known. Splinter has occasionally put me forward as scummy, which is fine in it of itself,
cabot - Yes, I'm probably the most pro-cabot-townness player not named cabot, but that's okay. To be fair, he's all the way at the bottom of my town list, but I find his contributions to be actively helping town and while there was some misplay in the way the role claim was handled, I'm not ready to lynch them.
Quite the 4 players there, I was right about cabot at the very least. Though of course a scum person would know that cabot was town, so not like that does me any good.

I think you'd agree that, at the very least, Swamped was putting forward a good effort in the game and was making some okayish points. So I was wrong, sorry about that. I think cabot is the towniest player here right, as many have noticed, and cabot was pretty anti-Swamped. I thought he was wrong then, but apparently not. It's okay to be wrong, but I'm certainly trying here.

While you talk about me defending Swamped, I do think that you should talk about your own defense of her. You immediately jumped on town cabot when he went for scum Swamped, why?

Flame_AC

Oh, and just it is known, at least for now: (No, I don't wanna lynch you SkyOdin. Maybe if Blarg died and then turned out to be scum I'd go for it, but I still think you're townish right now).

Vote: Zeusy

Reasons stated yesterday.

Top Bottom