• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Kalor

That Flame kill must have been Bronx. The second kill has usually been someone that was suspected of being scum and 2/3 times were second in the vote. Waffle wasn't really suspected so that was probably scum.

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (1)
cabot 2997

No active vote for Day 6: *Splinter, Blargonaut, Kalor, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, SkyOdin, Zippedpinhead

Day 6 Postcount: *Splinter 0, Blargonaut 0, cabot 1, Kalor 2, Kyanrute 0, Lone_Prodigy 1, OceanicAir 2, SkyOdin 1, Zippedpinhead 0

Day 6 ends:
pin_1503957600.png

Automated vote tally here

5 votes for majority

SkyOdin

That Flame kill must have been Bronx. The second kill has usually been someone that was suspected of being scum and 2/3 times were second in the vote. Waffle wasn't really suspected so that was probably scum.
I wonder...

We now know that Bronx was the Serial Killer, so we can safely attribute all of the night kills that were not made by the mafia team to him. It seems that someone was certainly targeting people who were second on the vote list, but there are a few inconsistencies there.

Day 1: Dusk Soldier was lynched, AbsolutBro was second.
Night 1: AbsolutBro and Timeaisis were killed.

Day 2: CCS was lynched, cabot was a distant second.
Night 2: Batsnacks was killed

Day 3: isaacnukem was killed, cabot was a close second.
Night 3: Kawl_USC was killed.

Day 4: Ri'Orius survives the lynch, other votes are highly split.
Night 4: Ri'Orius and Swamped were killed.

Day 5: Zeusy was lynched, Flame_AC was in close contention and Bronx was briefly close to those two.
Night 5: Flame_AC and WaffleTaco were lynched.

Mafia had clear motivation to eliminate confirmed townies, and they can thus be reasonably assumed to be responsible for three of those kills. In particular, there is no way scum would target Swamped, so they must be responsible for Ri'Orius.

On the other hand, Bronx unfortunately benefited from developing town cred by targeting scum (and hitting scum). So it would make sense for him to target people town saw as scum.

So I guess I do agree with you, Kalor. I tried to consider a scenario where scum was targeting the players who were close in votes to the lynched, but that doesn't add up.

It might be safe to say that cabot is town, though.

Kyanrute

Bronx removes Swamped's BP on N2. Scum block not-Bronx and are wondering where the second kill went.
Bronx shoots Swamped again on N3 but is blocked by scum who at this point are confused about what is happening.
Bronx finally kills Swamped on N4. Scum are wondering what the order of actions was - what happened on what night.

Kyanrute

Blarg's vote on Bronx is still really EEEEEHHHH.

All these town v town lynches (apart from cabot the unknown) make me reluctant to look at the votes. Someone wanna do it instead?

One day from endgame.

SkyOdin

? Do explain.

With two nights of no second kill, I wonder if Bronx just didn't target someone night 2 or if he learned some other piece of information.
While it is certainly possible that Bronx didn't target anyone on either night 2 or night 3, I find that unlikely. He wasn't going to win unless he made kills. He also made a kill every other night he could, since it had to have taken him two attempts to take out Swamped.

Now, it is theoretically possible that a scum roleblocker stopped him one night, but that also seems really unlikely. If the mafia knew that Bronx was the serial killer, leaving him alive intentionally seems really risky. With the cop, doctor, and vigilante dead, the serial killer was the biggest threat to the scum team, particularly since Bronx was apparently targeting suspected scum and took out Swamped. So if it was a mafia roleblocker responsible, why would they leave Bronx alone if they knew he was the second killer? Why not just keep blocking him or eliminate him?

That leaves the possibility of a town role blocker. However, some of those same questions have to be raised again. More plausible, but impossible to confirm since we have no idea if town even has a roleblocker.

Finally, there is the possibility that one of Bronx's shots was blocked by a town passive role. Now, cabot fits the MO we presume Bronx used for days 1 and 5: cabot was second on the vote count on both of the days where there was a missing shot. Cabot also claims to be a commuter.

So, it isn't a guarantee, but circumstantial evidence may support cabot's day 2 role claim. If cabot is a commuter, that isn't a 100% guarantee he is town, but I find the idea of a scum commuter/second bulletproof to be unlikely.

Kyanrute

The idea that Bronx would not shoot on every night is dumb and should not be entertained. I am not sure if the idea that cabot ate one of the shots sounds much better with the info we have.

cabot claims odd commuter on D2. If Bronx shoots him during N2, why did cabot not die? Was cabot lying? Was Bronx blocked? If Bronx was blocked, why did scum not kill him? Is there a town blocker?

How about cabot taking N3 Bronx-shot? Now why in hell would Bronx shoot a odd commuter on a odd night? Did Bronx shoot cabot during N2 and learned that cabot was not a odd commuter? Was Bronx blocked again? By which side?

I'm not seeing how Bronx proves, or hints at, cabot's alignment.

Kyanrute

If we remove the blocker from the equation, what do we get? Something had to remove Swamped's BP and all we have right now hints at Bronx. One missing kill explained. Info we have suggests cabot for the second tanking, but that'd need to happen on N2, because there is no way Bronx shoots on N3 (odd night commuter). Thus, because no kill happened, cabot is lying.

*Splinter

Splinter what are your thoughts on Blarg?
I townread him quite early on due to his approach to day 1 (trying to bring the new players more into the game which helped get a read on them). Since then he's generally been on the same side as me for most arguments, which could be intentional but most likely isn't.

There's been a couple of odd things, the time he didn't vote Cabot is by far the worst. Blarg is strange, but town-Blarg generally has a reason for doing things, whether I can see it or not. That unvote I can't see a reason for and he refuses to explain.

Overall though this game has been more town-Blarg than scum-Blarg.

Missing night kills -> maybe a blocker -> maybe scum knew who the sk was -> lulz let sk kill lul.

Sense, none.
I've been thinking about this.

First of all, swamped would presumably know which night she lost her BP? So scum (assuming they have a blocker) would very likely know who the SK is.

But that means they've known the SK since day 3 or 4 (and 3 seems more likely). Why wouldn't they just kill the SK?

-Worried about the SK being bulletproof? (Common)
-No scum being scumread, so not afraid of being targeted?
-Willing to take the risk and hope the SK keeps hitting town?

I don't know, seems like bad play, a rogue SK would have been scum's biggest threat surely?

But OTOH that push for Bronx did kind of come out of nowhere yesterday, maybe someone pushing it knew he was scum.

Cabot was pushing Bronx right? That totally fits my narrative. Ooh yeah.

*Splinter

Looking at those flips, scum where under no threat yesterday. I guess that leaves me back on Cabot, but it'll be worth looking for who didn't give a shit too I guess. Especially if scum didn't know about the SK.

I've really run out of words to say on Cabot. Are we ever gonna lynch him or are y'all betting the entire game on him being town?

Kyanrute

Bronx removes Swamped's BP on N2. Scum block not-Bronx and are wondering where the second kill went.
Bronx shoots Swamped again on N3 but is blocked by scum who at this point are confused about what is happening.
Bronx finally kills Swamped on N4. Scum are wondering what the order of actions was - what happened on what night.

I am not sure if this makes sense. N3 scum could kill the one they blocked N2. Scum block Bronx, Kawl dies and is not the SK. Kill is missing again. N4 scum shoot Bronx, block x. Bronx lives and shoots Swamped. The idea falls apart.

Missing something.

I don't see why a BP would be informed that they've lost their shield. If it ain't in the pm (it is not), it does not exist.
There's also nothing in her PM about killing either and I'm 99% sure if she was the last one left she'd get a killing power. So that could have been left to further clarification.

That does make the most sense. Thanks!

I am not sure if this makes sense. N3 scum could kill the one they blocked N2. Scum block Bronx, Kawl dies and is not the SK. Kill is missing again. N4 scum shoot Bronx, block x. Bronx lives and shoots Swamped. The idea falls apart.

Missing something.

Does it change if Cabot is lying and is really and even night commuter?

I townread him quite early on due to his approach to day 1 (trying to bring the new players more into the game which helped get a read on them). Since then he's generally been on the same side as me for most arguments, which could be intentional but most likely isn't.

There's been a couple of odd things, the time he didn't vote Cabot is by far the worst. Blarg is strange, but town-Blarg generally has a reason for doing things, whether I can see it or not. That unvote I can't see a reason for and he refuses to explain.

Overall though this game has been more town-Blarg than scum-Blarg.
This seems fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things since "random stuff that Blarg does" seems mostly non-alignment indicative. What would you say a scum-Blarg would do differently?

Kyanrute

Does it change if Cabot is lying and is really and even night commuter?

hmm

N2 Bronx shoots cabot. No blocker necessary. cabot dodges the shot. One kill.
N3 Bronx shoots Swamped. BP is expended. No blocker necessary. One kill.
N4 Bronx shoots Swamped. Swamped dies. No blocker necessary. Two kills.

1. Why double on Swamped instead of cabot?
2. After a successful N1 townie kill, Bronx needed a scum. From this arises the implication that Bronx considered both cabot and Swamped scum.

*Splinter

This seems fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things since "random stuff that Blarg does" seems mostly non-alignment indicative. What would you say a scum-Blarg would do differently?
Point being that everything Blarg does seems random, but more of it has a hidden (pro town) purpose when he is town.

Similar to when I claim something. I almost always lie, you have to look at the reason for the lie.

SkyOdin

hmm

2. After a successful N1 townie kill, Bronx needed a scum. From this arises the implication that Bronx considered both cabot and Swamped scum.
Bronx targeting Swamped twice makes little sense, but it must have happened, since it is the only reasonable explaination. Maybe the very fact that his first shot was blocked convinced him Swamped was scum? It is also possible that he was just angry after two blocked shots and wanted revenge. We will find out either way once the game is over.

I also figure that Bronx did scum read cabot, or more accurately was using town's scum read of cabot in order to win points with town. I do admit that it makes little sense for a serial killer to target a claimed commuter. It might be that he didn't believe cabot.

Out of cabot, kyan, splinter, and blarg (top 4 posters i believe) who do people think is most scummy?

This same scenario arose in DR3 where high volume posters were kept alive. The one chance that scum had to kill someone that was not a confirmed town outside of n1 (where a doctor wasn't in play) they go after Waffle. Taking someone from the low end of posts rather than the higher end. Could mean nothing besides removing low impact and low interaction players but I feel like one or more could be scum (also odds).
It doesn't mesh with my assumptions of the role. Choosing someone's target I can understand, but forcing them to use the faction kill is surprising to me.

I guess the faction kill is (presumably) listed on the scum role pm as a thing they can do. Meh.

It also makes the role a lot more powerful, especially if he can force people to self target. Actually if he can force a self target he's an even bigger asset to town, but I cba to keep arguing for that. Noone reads it anyway.

Plus that part being hard to believe makes the whole thing more likely to be a lie.

Why did CCS say it? Because it's true and/or he thought it was believable.
Also, I was looking back through and this popped out. The presumably is a weird caveat to make, I mean we had no reason to believe that scum wouldn't have a faction kill. It is thing, just not something that would be foremost in my mind.

*Splinter

Out of cabot, kyan, splinter, and blarg (top 4 posters i believe) who do people think is most scummy?

This same scenario arose in DR3 where high volume posters were kept alive. The one chance that scum had to kill someone that was not a confirmed town outside of n1 (where a doctor wasn't in play) they go after Waffle. Taking someone from the low end of posts rather than the higher end. Could mean nothing besides removing low impact and low interaction players but I feel like one or more could be scum (also odds).

Also, I was looking back through and this popped out. The presumably is a weird caveat to make, I mean we had no reason to believe that scum wouldn't have a faction kill. It is thing, just not something that would be foremost in my mind.
I wasn't talking about scum having a faction kill or not, I was talking about whether or not CCS' ability would trigger it. The way it was worded made it sound more likely if the faction kill was included in the pm.

I wasn't talking about scum having a faction kill or not, I was talking about whether or not CCS' ability would trigger it. The way it was worded made it sound more likely if the faction kill was included in the pm.
Hmm, I can see what you're saying but just the way it's worded bothered me. It's still a rather small quibble.

Anyways, what about the first part in my last post?

Kalor

Out of those four Kyan and Blarg are the ones that stick out to me. I've went back and forth on Blarg this whole game and right now I'm on a "maybe scum" swing. Kyan is in the same boat. I'm slightly less suspicious of the other two but I'm not ruling them out.

I see no point in discussing what Bronx did or didn't do. We should be grateful that he got around Swamped's BP, otherwise we'd be in even worse shape now. He can come gloat after the game's over.

I also wouldn't be so quick to conclude which kill last night was by scum. Scum could've thought Flame was the SK. Waffle was a safe, low-info kill so the SK could've gone for her.

My top scum are Blarg, Kalor, and Sky.

cabot

My claim is the same. Bronx consistently said he town read me, which made me think he shot me on an odd night. I actually thought flame was the sk and that's why he strongly town read me, as he shot me.

I think Bronx 's more generous win condition made him play more town. I think he shot swamped N2 and me N3.

Blargs unvote on me is suspicious. You know what else? He planted a vote on flame and disappeared at day end. I was there throughout. Chose Zeusy to stop a tie and also because I didn't really have a good read on him. It was a good time to eliminate nulls.

If you're gonna waste me. Do it now, because having me alive in lylo is extremely dangerous if you don't believe me. So time to make a decision town.

Blargs my top scum.

SkyOdin

Out of those four Kyan and Blarg are the ones that stick out to me. I've went back and forth on Blarg this whole game and right now I'm on a "maybe scum" swing. Kyan is in the same boat. I'm slightly less suspicious of the other two but I'm not ruling them out.
Why do you think those two are scummier than cabot and *Splinter? Any behavior of their's that you can point to?

hmm

I concur with Kyaaan's assessment

cabot's a humongous liar

and... cabot continues on with his "kill me for the greater good" shtick, because by hell the pity works

VOTE: cabot

You're not more tired of yourself while I'm more tired of me being tired of you.

So yeah I'm thinking Bronx shot Flame_AC, fits with my old guess that the killer and not Mafia had killed AbsBro the 2nd vote leader that Day

Playing like a Town-aligned Vigilante, how kind of you Bronx <3

So it was Mafia who killed Waffle

Kyanrute

My claim is the same. Bronx consistently said he town read me, which made me think he shot me on an odd night. I actually thought flame was the sk and that's why he strongly town read me, as he shot me.

I think Bronx 's more generous win condition made him play more town. I think he shot swamped N2 and me N3.

?

Why would a SK shoot a odd night commuter on a odd night? Remember that this same SK needed 3 kills in total to win, so there was an incentive to kill whenever he had the chance?

Kyanrute

I see no point in discussing what Bronx did or didn't do. We should be grateful that he got around Swamped's BP, otherwise we'd be in even worse shape now. He can come gloat after the game's over.

I feel that there is some merit in the discussion. Bronx had a reason to kill every night, his win condition. Yet we had two nights with only a single kill. Swamped's BP ain't enough to explain two missed kills. In addition, there is cabot who could explain the second missed kill, but I am having trouble fitting him into this story.

What do you think of cabot?

So yeah looling at Mafia's Nightly kill pattern:

N1: Timeaisis (LOW-ACTIVE)
N2: betsnacks (PRE-FLIP CONFIRMED TOWN)
N3: Kawl_USC (PRE-FLIP CONFIRMED TOWN)
N4: Ri'Orious (PRE-FLIP CONFIRMED TOWN)
N5: WaffleTaco (LOW-ACTIVE)

So their S t r a t e g y this game is that, in the absence of surefire Town targets (whose subsequent murders are guaranteed to leave no trace of motive behind because they're such givens), is to gun for low-activity posters. Like Time and Waffle. SUPER-CAUTIOUS, safe as fuck Mafia play so far.

Meaning that we're dealing with noise encouragers. They want us to drown in our own TOP POSTERS filth, not a quiet sea

Meaning that scum's likely to be among the players with the extremes of post counts. The highest AND the lowest, not the middlers; players who can either dance or stand by with the best of us

So I say scum, probably 3 left:

inFAMOUS
04. [m] OceanicAir – TOWN
06. [m] Kyanrute - ...TOWN?
10. [m] SkyOdin – TOWN
12. [m] cabot - MAFIA
13. [m] Blargonaut – TOWN
16. [m] Lone_Prodigy – MAFIA
17. [m] *Splinter – MAFIA?
20. [m] Zippedpinhead – TOWN??
22. [m] Kalor – MAFIA
---
9 players left.

6 Town?
3 Mafia?​

SUSPICIOUS:
cabot - all of his posts this game... feel stall-y! His "fatigue" juxtaposed with his "scum-reads", just an ambience of time-wasting us. Until Mafia wins
Kalor - Every single post of Kalor's is a hot take, so much so to the point that I think he's been analyzing and discussing this game VERY closely, and elsewhere, like from the safety of a scum chat. He distills his ideas there, then sprinkles his selection here to entertain us before we forget about him
Lone_Prodigy - Basically like Kalor Lite, and I still don't like his CCS hammer. Yet would a Mafia hammer knowing it would garner unwanted attention? ...Yes, I think so.

...and *Splinter is also suspicious, but based on my meta of him; I feel like he's been a total presence this game... yet he hasn't really added anything to this game's society

Top Bottom