• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
After the first two episodes its pretty damn clear that they are mailing it in. Damn, I know they are libertarians so they love money, but why do the keep making the show when its pretty clear the hate doing it?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm not going to make time for this show anymore until things start to pick up. This start is really bad. it doesn't look as if things will get better from what I've been hearing from people inside. They're busy with other stuff currently and the passion just isn't there.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I thought the Funnybot episode was decent, but no where on the level the show used to be years ago. The Human Centipad episode was an absolute abomination that I was embarrassed to watch.......and I was alone.

Kreed

trinest said:
I have to say the episodes are not as great as past ones. I'm hoping this is the usual slag of meh episodes then we will get into some awesome ones.

This is what I'm waiting for. Ever since they started doing these "half seasons" there have always been these "weak episodes" mixed in with average and great ones. I remember GAF having a similar reaction during the season where Britney Spears lost part of her head (the worst episode IMO). I figure by episode four things will pick up, but if they don't then the people saying Matt and Trey have "lost it" will have a fair argument.

CassSept

BertramCooper said:
Two shitty eps to start the season. They're obviously burnt out from doing The Book of Mormon.

I'll be shocked if they renew their contract with Comedy Central this year. I think we're looking at the very last season of South Park. I guess that would put December 2011 as the end date.
It's already renewed for two more seasons

But yeah well, I agree they feel burnt out at the moment. Episode was low tier at most, maybe second half of the season will be at least a bit better after they recover from The Book of Mormon.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Pelydr said:
After the first two episodes its pretty damn clear that they are mailing it in. Damn, I know they are libertarians so they love money, but why do the keep making the show when its pretty clear the hate doing it?

What? They've constantly said that they don't care if people download their show and that they have enough money (but that comedy central does care).

They do like doing the show, but only during certain times. Parker and Stone have a long history of making stuff in waves of quality. There's interviews of them doing Team America and other movies and they just burn out.

Whenever they rest up and they have something they really want to cover there will be good episodes. Generally it's 2-4 great episodes per season, and an equal number of duds. They just did Book of Mormon so I imagine they are burnt out.

DarkKyo

teh_pwn said:
What? They've constantly said that they don't care if people download their show and that they have enough money (but that comedy central does care).

They do like doing the show, but only during certain times. Parker and Stone have a long history of making stuff in waves of quality. There's interviews of them doing Team America and other movies and they just burn out.

Whenever they rest up and they have something they really want to cover there will be good episodes. Generally it's 2-4 great episodes per season, and an equal number of duds. They just did Book of Mormon so I imagine they are burnt out.

That's present day.. Back in South Park's prime years it was possible for an entire season to be made up of great episodes.

Dilly

Banned
Kreed said:
This is what I'm waiting for. Ever since they started doing these "half seasons" there have always been these "weak episodes" mixed in with average and great ones. I remember GAF having a similar reaction during the season where Britney Spears lost part of her head (the worst episode IMO). I figure by episode four things will pick up, but if they don't then the people saying Matt and Trey have "lost it" will have a fair argument.

Totally forgot about that episode, it was unwatchable.

DarkKyo

Dilly said:
Totally forgot about that episode, it was unwatchable.
The Spears episode is def one of the worst ones but it in no way comes close to how bad the human centipad episode was... oh god.

Cromat

Probably the worst episode in recent memory. The show is on decline but last season had its moments. Lets hope it improves....

Sadly none of the cartoon-satire shows are that funny anymore...

Amir0x

Banned
The first episode was fine by me. The non-stop comments by Cartman about how his mom was going to fuck him made it a worthy addition to the series for me. lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I haven't found time to watch south park for years but have been on it for the past couple days and I loved it.

The human centipad one wasn't too bad. I enjoyed cartman being a douche and the Japanese guy was funny.

Still beats anything family guy ever produces. That just gets laughs from making things go on for so long that they become funny. You could do that with anything.

Fusebox

Banned
Episode 2 made episode 1 look like comedy genius, and episode 1 only made me laugh like, twice.

This season sucks!

kaizoku said:
Still beats anything family guy ever produces.

The intro to Family Guy alone is funnier than both episodes of this new season combined.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think episode 3 will be quite epic...

Royal Pudding

1503-royal-pudding-press-release.jpg

Clip: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/385617/aboot-to-be-princess

NEW YORK, May 9, 2011 The Prince of Canada is about to take a princess in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled "Royal Pudding," premiering on Wednesday, May 11 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

It is a joyous time for all Canadians as the royal wedding commences. But just as the prince and princess are about to be joined for all eternity, the princess is abducted! All Canadians are called upon to help save the princess. Ike answers the call to arms.

Ike's totally going to become Prince of Canada.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Parallax said:
ugh. another canada episode? thats not boding well for me.
Agreed. I think South Park is really starting to deteriorate with this season. :'(

Recon

Banned
Dr Eggman said:
Agreed. I think South Park is really starting to deteriorate with this season. :'(

Your entitled to your opinion but i think two episodes in is a bit premature to be making that statement.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
ReconYoda said:
Your entitled to your opinion but i think two episodes in is a bit premature to be making that statement.
I guess you're right. It's not that I want it to fail it's just these two episodes have failed tremendously for me so I can't really feel any pseudo-optimism for the season. I hope episode 3 catches me off-guard with superior quality.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
DrForester said:
Last one was Canada On Strike wasn't it? And that was season 12. And it was excellent.

true. but the others(ikes parents, and everything else with terrence and philip)were pretty fucking awful.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Parallax said:
true. but the others(ikes parents, and everything else with terrence and philip)were pretty fucking awful.

I liked the one with Ikes parents. Other than the TP only episodes, I've liked episodes with TP in them (like the Earth Day episode).

isny

napkin dispenser
Parallax said:
ugh. another canada episode? thats not boding well for me.

I'd consider it more a British episode. They're just using Canada as a setting as it works well as a story.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Dr Eggman said:
There are always some rotten eggs in each season. Hopefully, it'll get better.

scoobs

canadian episodes are always hilarious, will watch. That canadian christmas episode is one of my favorites

isny

napkin dispenser
Clydefrog said:
I'M
NOT YOUR

GUYYYYY

BUDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

This was used by everyone at my office after the episode aired. It was really that popular an episode.

Also, in response to your avatar and username...I think we need more taco flavored kisssses!

human Centipad episode was meh for me.

I really enjoyed the first half of this episode though. Maybe it's because I'm German and it was already hilarious that they didn't bother to actually use proper German instead of this gibberish :D

(though actually I don't like/get the prejudice that Germans are not funny. I think I'm pretty funny :( )

linko9

Love the Canada episodes, hope this one turns out well. Missed the first episode, but #2 wasn't too great... but better than most from last season.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'll watch it tonight. Third time's the charm (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom