• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazslo

I enjoyed it. It felt like on Monday, Trey and Matt sat in a room and wrote this episode up in 20 minutes. It made me smile and laugh and thats all I ask for from them.

You will almost never see me hating on South Park but this episode was a complete turd. There were a lot of good, funny IDEAS, but the episode wasn't actually funny. Yes, the comedy awards are stupid. Yes, a Dalek comedian is clever. Yes, Tyler Perry is tired. But none of these ideas translated into actual humor.

But I did enjoy Funnybot shouting EXTERMINATE.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Yeah, this was a bit of a stupid episode..

I get that they were just making a commentary on Comedy Centrals' comedy awards (and dancing around the Osama announcement at the same time), but it just fell flat..

I hate Jimmy centric episodes, easily my least favourite character.

Dhx

Yeah. No words can describe the lack of funny.

It destroys me internally to conclude this was the worst episode of South Park to date.

Fucking a I'm sad right now.

DarkKyo

DarkhawkX said:
Yeah. No words can describe the lack of funny.

It destroys me internally to conclude this was the worst episode of South Park to date.

Fucking a I'm sad right now.
While I thought this episode was nothing special, I liked it a lot more than last week's(which I thought was one of the worst EVER).

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Part of me wants to think that they were trying to present objectively funny ideas falling flat to parallel the robot in critiquing the idea of comedy awards.

Lazslo

TheUsual said:
For me, this ties as the worst episode I've seen (the other one is "A Million Little Fibers")
Reaaaaaaaaallllllly? A Stoney Towel that writes a book called a 'Million Little Fibers' isn't funny to you? I'm honestly baffled because I think it might be my favorite along with "Lice Capades". To Each His Own I guess. Anyway, just in case anyone hasn't seen this episode you can watch it for free here and it's amazing.

KJTB

How could you not like a million little fibers?!

Episode was pretty meh, I think I smirked a few times.

Pachinko

I didn't mind this one. It was a bit of a dumb premise I guess but it's still better than half of last season. Despite the controversy 200/201 weren't very funny at all. And then the second block of episodes had that mostly terrible oil spill/coon&friends trilogy.

Hopefully next weeks is a "gold" episode on par with last years shake weight or the internet episode from season 12 OR one of my all time favs- randy takes a big shit.

Not great tonight, especially following the HumanCentiPad one, which I think is top 10 best SP episodes.

Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Oreoleo

South Park Studios isn't loading the episode WHAT GIVES D:

Edit: there it goes, only took a half hour of refreshing

spats

One of the more boring episodes. Hopefully this won't become a recurring theme. I've really liked most of the episodes even in the newer seasons.

I enjoyed it. This show seems to be the anti-Simpsons in that it get funnier the longer it goes. (This season of the Simpsons has had some pretty good moments though.

Just one guy's opinion.

Oreoleo

Clydefrog said:
thought i was the only one who saw it

meeeennnnnnnnnnn

I'm glad you were shitting on the episode while playing TF2 tonight. My expectations were lowered, and even though it wasn't particularly funny I still didn't think it was a bad episode. Practically the definition of average.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
I don't get the premise. There was an actual comedy awards show and this episode was making fun of it?

This episode is so... meta

pilonv1

StrikerObi said:
but the episode wasn't actually funny.

I get the feeling that was the point.

Also it's a lot harder to be deliberately unfunny than it is to be funny, so I would cut them some slack.

Wow. That was a really bad episode. Guess Matt and Trey's tight schedule with their Broadway musical is affecting the quality of their SP writing.

Zanosuke

This was probably one of the worst SP episodes i have ever seen. Seems like there is a lot of hit and miss episodes for the past seasons...

Blueblur1

What a bad one. That episode was the worst one I've seen in years. It's especially disappointing since it followed last week's ridiculously funny Humancentipod episode.

squicken

Even good South Park seasons have turds in them, but Matt and Trey have kind of stated they feel this show is an obligation more than something they love. It shows in episodes like this. It felt like they just sort of mailed it in and didn't care if it sucked or not.

The worst episodes I've ever seen were the ones with Coon & Friends where Cartman summons Cthulhu... that was like, utter fucking nonsense, it felt like the nerdy, animators getting high and writing it or something rather than Matt or Trey. Actually, with some of the nerdier topic episodes - like last weeks Apple episode - I sometimes suspect that there as well... but at least that was funny. The Cthulhu two parter was just crap.

radioheadrule83 said:
The worst episodes I've ever seen were the ones with Coon & Friends where Cartman summons Cthulhu... that was like, utter fucking nonsense, it felt like the nerdy, animators getting high and writing it or something rather than Matt or Trey. Actually, with some of the nerdier topic episodes - like last weeks Apple episode - I sometimes suspect that there as well... but at least that was funny. The Cthulhu two parter was just crap.

Nonsense

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell, I really enjoyed it. While watching I thought "this is gonna be one of the eps that will be celebrated on the internet"...

Also it seemed Matt and Trey really enjoyed voicing it. The pseudo-german was really funny.

Nekofrog

Banned
Remember in the first 4 or 5 seasons of the show where Matt and Trey actually tried to sound like they were voicing different characters?

Why does every adult character now sound like their normal speaking voice?

Tamanon

Banned
It was kinda boring to me. Wonder if Matt and Trey are trying to guarantee they don't win the Best Animated Series award next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom