• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Of Eden |OT| of Amazing Visuals, Fantastic Music and Multi-Platform Bliss

Jtwo said:
But its not fresh anymore.
I wonder if it would be possible to have a Rez/CoE style game, but randomly/procedurally generated. So each level was different every time.

ToyMachine228 said:
In a way...I'm kind of disappointed with Child of Eden. It's definitely not worth paying full price for the content that you get. I don't feel like replaying the levels as much as I do with Rez HD, which I still fire up and play a quick level every once in a while. I'm sure I will play it more, but I don't really feel compelled to. I sit down to play it and all I can think of is...I don't really want to play this.
I feel the same way. It just didn't have quite the same appeal to me this time around. I didn't like the music as much or the smiling FMV woman.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Neuromancer said:
I wonder if it would be possible to have a Rez/CoE style game, but randomly/procedurally generated. So each level was different every time.
I think it would require a superbly kickass music generator too. I'm not inherently opposed to the idea, if the tech was good enough.. but REZ/COE are highly authored experiences, it would be a looooooooooong time before a computer could generate something that meaningful on the fly.

I cant believe in this market with about a hundred million or so HD console owners out there cannot even muster enthusiasm for one game like REZ/Child of Eden every 10 years.

It is quite pathetic really.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Its not the console owners fault. The way this game was released you'd almost think Ubisoft actively tried to not sell any copies of it.

Tadale

I honestly think that most anyone who experienced this game with kinect and a good pair of headphones would have a great time.

I love Rez, but I was really surprised by just how much fun I'm having with Eden.

ScionOfTheRisingSun said:
I cant believe in this market with about a hundred million or so HD console owners out there cannot even muster enthusiasm for one game like REZ/Child of Eden every 10 years.

I can. You really think there's enough gamers out there that are interested in a game like this? It's why publishers don't take many risks anymore. It's proven over and over again that games like this...Don't sell well.

That said, I can't motivate myself to play Child of Eden at all. I played it for a few days and I'm not motivated to play it anymore. I played Rez on and off for a long time. But for whatever reason, Child of Eden isn't compelling me to play the same way Rez did.

emalord

Hi guys,
it happens that I love Mizuguchi so much,
I could not resist to post some COE stuff on my Blog.

I intend to post all the stages in the next months to have a full portfolio of it as I'm doing also with REZ HD (I bought a Blackmagic Intensity Pro a few weeks ago)

Infecting Eden | Area #1: Matrix

5950881338_1ffe89f24f_b.jpg

5950323513_539b8bc504_b.jpg

5950885786_763274dd75_b.jpg

5950329989_575d1e4ef2_b.jpg

5950328001_804610b42f_b.jpg

5950341501_349299c664_b.jpg

5950912728_5f4a3771c7_b.jpg

Made some edits to the JP PS3 boxart, now if only we had a full-size scan or image so we could print them out and slip them into the case.

Original:
aykscaek0.jpg

1) No Ubisoft/PS Move logo:
coejpps3-edit1acit.jpg

2) No girl, Ubisoft, or PS Move logo:
coejpps3-edit3sciz.png

3) Girl replaced with Rez "hero", Ubisoft/PS Move logo removed:
coejpps3-edit2pdvh.png

4) CoE logo turned into "Rez 2", girl replaced with Rez "hero", Ubisoft/PS Move logo removed:
coejpps3-edit46cpx.png

mik

mik is unbeatable
3D. I am bursting with excitement for that. I anticipate a series of seizures. Glorious, glorious seizures.

Ok guys I gotta ask somebody this.

I've been playing with Kinect and there's this one section of passion, basically around this section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkmDZXCv7w&feature=player_detailpage#t=322s

where I get attacked by shit off-screen which I can't seem to do anything about. It comes at me before I can even move the screen to where the purple bullets are coming from.

I guess I could switch to a controller, but there must be a way to get through it with Kinect right?

spekkeh

Banned
big_z said:
the sound effects are never ending, overpower the music and dont flow well with the beat. when half second voice samples are tossed in it's usually at it's worse, it becomes grating. compared to rez the sound in this is just chaos.
I turned the sound fx volume way down and the music definitely sounds nicer because of it. But until now the firing in line with the beat just seems really random (playing with a controller). With 80bpm and no discernible baseline it seems nigh on impossible to get the right beat for most of the level. Also the unlocking is kind of annoying, especially considering I only get two stars per level.

adversesolutions said:
Ok guys I gotta ask somebody this.

I've been playing with Kinect and there's this one section of passion, basically around this section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkmDZXCv7w&feature=player_detailpage#t=322s

where I get attacked by shit off-screen which I can't seem to do anything about. It comes at me before I can even move the screen to where the purple bullets are coming from.

I guess I could switch to a controller, but there must be a way to get through it with Kinect right?

Those enemies will only attack if you let them sit and charge for too long, so you're probably just passing over one of them. If you kill everything quickly in that section, there won't be any bullets to worry about.

spekkeh said:
Also the unlocking is kind of annoying, especially considering I only get two stars per level.

i agree with this. ive gotten 1 x 3 stars on the first stage but having to play through the same stages over and over is not fun..

iconoclast said:
Those enemies will only attack if you let them sit and charge for too long, so you're probably just passing over one of them. If you kill everything quickly in that section, there won't be any bullets to worry about.

Ok, will try, thanks. I feel like I couldn't attack them until their attachments started firing. Or at least I couldn't lock on. Will try again.

Did you play this one with a normal controller?

adversesolutions said:
Ok, will try, thanks. I feel like I couldn't attack them until their attachments started firing. Or at least I couldn't lock on. Will try again.

Did you play this one with a normal controller?

You can lock on to them as soon as they spawn, I think. There are some enemies like that that need to be killed quickly, or they'll suicide and shoot a bullet at you.

And yeah, I used a regular controller. I don't have a Kinect.

Child of Eden has been one of my favourite games of this year. This sounds like marketing bullshit but play this game late at night with some decent audiophile headphones and your choice of recreational drugs and it really does become more than a game. I even called my new dog Lumi.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I just played through on the trip visual style.
Whoa man, area3 is AMAAAZZZING this way. :eek:

So I thought I was gonna be able to order the PS3 version from Play.com but apparently they don't ship to the US. It's only 15 pounds which would be like $23.75 + shipping to import.

$50 seems like too much for this game.

Anyone have any info on this supposed "special edition"?
I was at Gamestop today and pre-ordered it and the guy was looking and saw that it said they also have a special edition of it for 79.99 but it didn't give any details about it and he had no idea either. 39.99 versus 79.99, 40 more dollars but for what? What could they even add that's worth that? Maybe a move bundle or something?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997619-child-of-eden/60306358

SimonM7

Been ignoring this for far too long. Played up until Passion last and then sorta petered out.. I think I got another game of some variety and was sidetracked. Picked this back up today and I'm having a weird problem with Kinect that I didn't have before. It requires me to lift my hand up way higher than it used to to be centered. Somehow it seems Kinect thinks I'm really tall and my face is stuck on my chest or something.

I've been through the kinect guide and calibrated/adjusted the angle and nothing seems to work. I get the impression that it's "creeping" while I play, too.

Anyone else experienced something like this?

Absolutely in love with this game and got to the end of Journey earlier. It's simply blown me away - as a massive fan of Rez I genuinely thought a sequel would never happen, but here it is. Can't believe it took me this long to get around to playing it - just didn't realise how much Rez it really was!

Will rent the PS3 version upon release too just to check the 3D out. I literally hate 3D gaming but this is the one and only game I can't wait to see in 3D - especially with all those wireframes and particles!

Magnus

Can't believe I got a Kinect for this, bought CoE at launch for the full $50, and only ever played two hours of it. I have no idea why I stopped, I really loved it.

I guess I only ever wanted to play it again the way I did those first two hours; volume maxed, subwoofer blasting, at night with all the sunlight gone. Conditions haven't manifested to reproduce that in the last 2 months, haha.

Man, I'm gonna try to play it again this week.

Wario64 said:
Apparently PS3 version is 1GB SMALLER than the X360 verison. Uhh, wtf? :lol
Better compression? Maybe they tried to get the file size down to make DD on PSN (even) easier.

Considering how small CoE is, 1GB seems like a lot.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm going by the compressed size of the..uhh...game floating around though, so maybe the real game is bigger. I thought the game would be larger because of 3D and maybe increasing the bit-rate on the intro video

FreeMufasa

Completely forgot the PS3 version releases this Friday (new OT?).

Just to get this straight, the best way to place this is on your own, in the night, buzzing and with headphones?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
X360's reversible is better. PS3's doesn't really look like a true reversible cover, it just shows the logo in front...eh.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
TTP is happy with the Move implementation, which means it must be really good. Called it 'clearly the superior version', promised the comparison video on his website.

Himself

Good lord. Those first two levels are unbelievable. Had to stop before my eyes melted. Move works really well with the second calibration option they give you.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Zavvi just shipped my copy to the States.
I forgot I had ordered it. At least it was only $22ish shipped.

You can get DL codes for the 360 version for 7 bucks on ebay it seems.

Top Bottom