• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Of Eden |OT| of Amazing Visuals, Fantastic Music and Multi-Platform Bliss

threadBanner.png

gameDataBanner.png

** Updated to suit PS3 version release! **
** Game is in Stereo by Default, go to the options and change it if you have a surround sound setup! **

Podcast featuring the creator, Mizuguichi and his fellow Q Entertainment Employee James Mielke of EGM fame are on the newest 8-4 Podcast. Thread here.

Publisher: Ubisoft
Developer: Q Entertainment
Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
Genre: Rail Shooter Music Experience
Modes: Single-player
Content Downloads
Leaderboards

Release dates:
Xbox 360
EU June 17, 2011
NA June 14, 2011
JP October 6, 2011

PS3
EU 30 September, 2011
NA September 27, 2011
JP October 6, 2011

Ratings:
BBFC: 15
CERO: A
ESRB: 10+
PEGI: 7+

boxArtBan.png

Click for larger.

Reversible Cover :
jcutner said:

achievementsBan.png

Xbox 360 - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/child-of-eden/achievements/ - 185 Points Revealed, 815 Points Hidden
PS3 -http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/child-of-eden/trophies/

storyBan.png

The objective of the player in Child of Eden is to save Project Lumi, which is near completion, from a virus attack. If finished, Project Lumi would reproduce a human personality in Eden, which was the artificial intelligence inside which Rez took place.

gamePlayBan.png

Like it’s sexy pappa Rez, the game revolves around shooting various objects that come onto the screen, which produce musical effects upon their destruction. Players can choose between using a lock-on function similar to Rez's gameplay, or a vulcan cannon which shoots a constant stream of bullets. Using Kinect, players can aim using their hands, with your left hand corresponding to a rapid fire tracer and your right hand corresponding to a lock-on, though traditional controllers can also be used. Similarly, players will be able to use Playstation Move as choice of controller. Like Rez HD, players can use additional controllers to provide external vibration and during the gameplay will adjust the music to the actions and movements of the players.

videoBan.png

E3 2010 Trailer
Kinect Controls Explained
Synesthesia Trailer
MCM Expo 2011 Game Demonstration
Tetsuya Mizuguici talk on 'Positive Power of Games' (& Child of Eden)

Gameplay Video : Root Structure
See Preview Section for more gameplay footage.

galleryBan.png

gallery6.jpg
gallery7.jpg

gallery8.jpg
gallery9.jpg

previewBan.png

1up.com
G4TV
Gamespot
GameTrailers

reviewsBan.png

Games TM 8/10
Game Informer 8/10
EDGE 8/10
Guardian Gushing review, no score.
Eurogamer 9/10
CVG 8.2/10
Joystiq 5/5
Gamespot 8.5/10
IGN 8.5/10
Gamepro 8/10
OXM 8/10

sellBan.png

US

GameStop U.S. are offering this poster as a pre-order bonus. $49.99 - Now $39.99
Amazon.com $47.99 - Now $29.99

Europe

Play.com (PAL) are offering a t-shirt as a pre-order bonus. €39.99 / £31.99 - Now £14.99
Amazon.co.uk £29.99 Now £14.99
Gameplay £28.99 - Now £22.99

wallpapersBan.png

Click for 1080p versions.

faqBan.png

Will there be dlc? No plans have been announced.
What’s the best way to play? Jury is ultimately out, with Joystiq saying Kinect, Destructoid saying a traditional controller.
I don't like the box-art, what do I do!?! It's a flippable cover similar that's design is closer to the Tree design last year afaik.
Is there a soundtrack I can buy? The closest thing currently is this collection that Mizuguichi tweeted recently.
How do I experience trance vibration with Kinect? Where do you think I got the title from? The game allows you, like Rez HD did, to turn four Xbox Controllers into vibrating machines that you can place... in places.
What's different about the PS3 version? The PS3 version has Move support and has Stereoscopic 3D support.
This Official Topic sucks! My first, but thanks :p Suggestions and feedback are appreciated :)

Thanks to Manathen for some fact checking & Ninthdream for the banners.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe this is coming out next week. I am surprised it's so soon. Will be buying on Tuesday at Kmart (who is giving a $15 gaming coupon with purchase).

I would like to pre-emptively offer a nice healthy dose of GTFO for every person who will inevitably come into this thread complaining that this isn't on XBLA/PSN.

Oh God Oh God Oh God it's close!

I've kinda forgotten about all upcoming releases these past couple of days due to E3 hype, but it's nice to know I'll be playing this soon.

Have the Asian 360 version pre-ordered at Playasia. No firm release date yet other than June but it should hopefully be the day or week of the US/UK release.

Kaldea

This is why I have a Kinect. I hope it's an adequate control scheme for this. No problem using a controller if it isn't though.

So excited!

FrankT

My next Kinect game right here. 7 months a long enough gap for something new for myself anyways. Will play with both setups to be sure.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Holding off to see how the two versions compare.
But I'm pretty excited about this.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Am I right in remembering that MS didn't demo this game at last years or this years E3 conference?

Because that is so astoundingly stupid to me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Good thread, I didn't realize it was only a week away.

No 360 so I'll just hold out for the PS3 version. I'll be sure to save up a copious amount of drugs for when the time comes.

FrankT

chubigans said:
Am I right in remembering that MS didn't demo this game at last years or this years E3 conference?

Wasn't at either. Should have been at last years if anything.

clav

chubigans said:

I feel like at this year's E3, there was a gaping hole in regards to Japanese developers for games to show at every conference (minus Nintendo since Nintendo rides on its own games).

I suppose the recent events in Japan (i.e. earthquakes, tsunami) caused it, which is understood.

Perhaps at TGS, many of these games that we were hoping to see at E3 will appear then.

Oh wow, it releases in less than two weeks.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I plan to use 4 360 controllers for rumble while playing Kinect version. Still scratching my head about the best way to do this though. Any ideas? One controller strapped to each bicep, one in the small of my back, and the last one over the xiphoid? Instead of the biceps, maybe one controller on either side of the waist?

EYEL1NER

I haven't been paying much attention to this at all. I knew I wanted it when it first got announced, but I haven't really looked into it.
I tried to get in on the 'Best Buy $5 fiasco' but the order got canceled (which I knew it would, they listed the game online for $5 over the weekend. No company would honor that).

After clicking on this thread and seeing those screenshots though, I've made up my mind that I will be at Kmart next Tuesday and will be leaving with a copy of this game.

It looks absolutely incredible.

Bread

Banned
I can't wait for this, it looks so awesome. I'm definitely considering getting some shrooms for it too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Aruarian Reflection said:
I plan to use 4 360 controllers for rumble while playing Kinect version. Still scratching my head about the best way to do this though. Any ideas? One controller strapped to each bicep, one in the small of my back, and the last one over the xiphoid?

Swallow them whole and feel the rumble from within.

derFeef

Foliorum Viridum said:
Don't know whether to use Kinect or controller.

I'll try with Kinect and if it's taking me out of the experience I'll switch to controller.
Good plan! Doing the same. Going to switch back and fourth for sure.

derFeef said:
Good plan! Doing the same. Going to switch back and fourth for sure.
The only issue for me is to have Kinect I had to clear out such a space that I can't sit down when using it, haha. So I could see tiredness being an issue if levels are long.

They weren't that long in Rez though and I played that game in short bursts.

big_z

ordered it a few weeks ago from bestbuy for $30.

cant wait although i hope there's more than 4 levels or at least some other modes. the two levels i've seen were quite a bit shorter than what was in rez.

This could be the game that pushes me to getting a Kinect. All of the demos look so visually absorbing. I also really like this isn't being pushed as a $60 title.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wait, this isn't a downloadable game?

are they out of their minds?

Mejilan said:
Holding off to see how the two versions compare.
But I'm pretty excited about this.

i'm actually feeling SO tempted to buy a 360 and kinect just for this game. but i'm going to hold out on the reviews of the kinect implementation (the scores don't matter, i'm going to buy this either way) and then for the ps move comparison. i might be happy enough with the move implementation on ps3.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
derFeef said:
It's not.
I meant to feign outrage at the fact that it wasn't downloadable.

But seriously, I thought this was downloadable up until this thread. What a bummer.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mielke says there's reversible box art, btw. At least I think he did. I think it gets rid of the silhouette.

Top Bottom