• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Napoleonthechimp said:
I never did see the original lemmiwinks episode so this was extremely surreal... and brilliant.
Tbh the original episode is even more surreal. Way out.

Jesus Christ, that was a great episode. Maybe my standards have lowered but I'm loving this half-season so far. I'm liking how recently they are bringing back older characters. I've suspected this episode would include Lemmiwinks (a clip from Death Camp of Tolerance was included in "related clips" yesterday) but the inclusion was great nonetheless. And Jesus, Catatafish. So good.

Theyre so lame and cheesy, but the moments where the animals discuss Lemmiwink's destiny and Lemmiwinks just does gerbil stuff crack me up. Especially the one where the gerbil is just running on its wheel and the frog says something like "The knowledge rests heavily on his shoulders. I weep for him."

Clydefrog

I love how they used laxatives AND Arby’s sauce in their pants-shitting devices. As if laxatives weren’t good enough. I don’t go to Arby’s; what were they calling it? Arby’s horsey sauce?

Watching that 60-min documentary about how an episode gets finished in 6 days really changed my perspective when viewing the past 2 episodes. I can already see Trey coming up with the Arby’s sauce during their brainstorming session. I remember when Trey ordered McDonald’s for lunch and saw that as his escape… I wonder if he’s done with that Arby’s before and it gave him diarrhea.

Trey mentioned in the documentary that he thinks each show’s final cut is the worst shit they’ve ever pumped out and now I can’t help but agree with him. Granted he said this about HumancentiPad episode (and I agree with him; it was shit), I wish the show had more time. Oh God, now I’m sounding like Stan. Everything is shit!

Clydefrog said:
I love how they used laxatives AND Arby’s sauce in their pants-shitting devices. As if laxatives weren’t good enough. I don’t go to Arby’s; what were they calling it? Arby’s horsey sauce?

Watching that 60-min documentary about how an episode gets finished in 6 days really changed my perspective when viewing the past 2 episodes. I can already see Trey coming up with the Arby’s sauce during their brainstorming session. I remember when Trey ordered McDonald’s for lunch and saw that as his escape… I wonder if he’s done with that Arby’s before and it gave him diarrhea.

Trey mentioned in the documentary that he thinks each show’s final cut is the worst shit they’ve ever pumped out and now I can’t help but agree with him. Granted he said this about HumancentiPad episode (and I agree with him; it was shit), I wish the show had more time. Oh God, now I’m sounding like Stan. Everything is shit!
I haven't been to Arby's in years but apparently they do have a Horsey sauce, which is some kind of spicy mustard/mayo sauce. I had to google it lol. I loved the episode though, the Assange rat was pretty funny and Catatafish was awesome. Loved the song that was playing when everyone was trying to get Lemmiwinks to the school, so funny that it was based on The Hobbit movie and that song from it.

Catatafish's story will soon be toooolllldddd. Underage salmon, lol.

Derrick01

Banned
I loved the episode as a whole but I won't lie for whatever reason the last minute made me lose it. When Mackey shot up into the ceiling from shitting himself and then flying across the floor, I don't know why but I couldn't control myself. It was just so random and unexpected.

Clydefrog

I feel like Mr. Mackey’s character has changed a lot over the years. Before he was just the dumb “drugs are bad, mmkay” school counselor. Now he plays what seems like a larger role in the school and is definitely more of a smart-aleck and authoritative. He needs to do drugs again…

TEl3J.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Clydefrog said:
I feel like Mr. Mackey’s character has changed a lot over the years. Before he was just the dumb “drugs are bad, mmkay” school counselor. Now he plays what seems like a larger role in the school and is definitely more of a smart-aleck and authoritative. He needs to do drugs again…

TEl3J.jpg
Mackey is kind of the Randy character for the school setting. He kind of took the role from Mr Garrison, although garrison was only used for sex/gender-identity related topics really.

Feature

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
The Frog saying "He is fucking him UP" cracked me up harder than anything on South Park has done in a long time.

Came here to post this. It was super funny! The tone he said it in... damn must watch again :D

Holy shit, that was fantastic. I can't believe Mackey shit boosted himself into the ceiling and down the hallway. I was fucking howling with laughter.

The whole rat fight, wikileaks as lemmiwink's brother, the horsey sauce, everything amazing. I'm actually a little worried they won't be able to keep up this streak, the eps are just too good (barring the meh mid-season premiere)

Gui_PT

SwiftSketcher said:
Holy shit, that was fantastic. I can't believe Mackey shit boosted himself into the ceiling and down the hallway. I was fucking howling with laughter.

Cartman did put a lot of Arby’s sauce in the cupcakes

undrtakr900

SwiftSketcher said:
lmao! that was my favorite part too, mainly because of his reaction as it was happening.

Link1110

They missed an awesome joke in the new episode when Kenny's e-mail leaked.

Stan: Oh my God! I'm gonna KILL Kenny!
Kyle: You bastard!

Gvaz

Banned
Kill kenny jokes are still funny, sorry.

Lemmiwinks jokes haven't been relevant for years and the original was a much better implementation of it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Broadway Bro Down

sp_1511_promo01.jpg

NEW YORK, October 24, 2011 - Randy's co-workers show him what's great about Broadway Musicals in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled "Broadway Bro Down" premiering on Wednesday, October 26 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Sharon is thrilled that Randy is making an effort to do more things that she enjoys. But, after he takes her to see a hit musical in Denver, Randy becomes Broadway's biggest fan. Sharon is whisked away to New York and treated to every musical on the Great White Way.

Tiny, Tiny, Tiny clip. http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/398502/on-broadway

ArjanN said:
It was kind of a weak revenge by Cartman standards, considering they tried to murder him.
Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Overall, I found it a pretty average episode, but it still managed to make me laugh a few times out loud though. Particularly Mr Mackey flying through the building at the end, and "he's devastated, yep, devastated" comments from the animals. So basically, the ending had me lolling.
This episode was still a big step up from the recent episodes though. I hope the broadway episode continues this.

Also, I was convinced that it would be Mr Garrison that spread the rumors. What happened to him btw? I found it rather weird that he wasn't in the teacher/principal room, while that mumbling fat teacher was.

oatmeal

Banned
LTTP on last weeks episode.

Holy. Shit.

Favorite episode in a long ass time.

So funny, everything with Lemmiwinks was outstanding. Fuck me...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ArjanN said:
It was kind of a weak revenge by Cartman standards, considering they tried to murder him.
Do you honestly think cartman gives a damn about life or death matters? Here's a guy who infected his friend with HIV, prioritizes money over saving his friends' lives, weeps over being half-ginger rather than the fact taht he killed his father, brainwashes a bunch of redheads to do his bidding as his own personal death squad.... completely embarrassing the school authorities by having them shit their pants is probably a much harsher punishment from cartman's perspective, cause life or death doesn't mean shit to him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom