• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

I'll be rooting for us, but I can totally see us crashing and burning against Germany and Portugal.Talk about a deadly group.
Hopefully the Portugal match will be another blood bath. Though it certainly wasn't great football, it sure as hell was fun to watch.

Put me in the group that thinks that either Germany or Spain will take the cup.
The depleted holders are over the hill, dead on their feet, and set to shock everyone by bombing out of Group C
KuGsj.gif

Bo-Locks

Greece to troll their way to the final, rob Germany and then go bankrupt. Or not.

My hilariously bad prediction:

Group A

Winner:Russia
Runner Up: Czech Republic

Group B

Winner: Netherlands
Runner Up: Germany
Bonus:
Ronaldo tears

Group C

Winner: Italy
People have wised up to Spain/Barca's boring fucking triangles, and the Italians are the masters at defending against this shit
Runner Up: Spain

Group D

Winner: France
Runner Up: England

Quarters:

Russia 1 Germany 3
Netherlands 2 Czech Republic 0
Italy 1 England 1 (Italy win 3-0 on penalties)
France 0 Spain 2

Semis:

Germany 2 Italy 0
Netherlands 1 Spain 1 (Netherlands win 5-3 on penalties)

Final:

Germany 2 Netherlands 0

Fuck England. Netherlands are always the easiest team for the neutrals to cheer for, but I think I'll support France this time around.

NHale

Although "we" ended up in the toughest group, I'm confident that Portugal will actually go through the group stage despite having a much weaker team than Germany and Netherlands.

Every time Portugal ends up in a tough group they advance very easily because they play better when they are the underdogs (p.e. Euro 2000, vs. England, Romania (when they were great) and Germany) but when they get an easy group it's always a lot harder or even end up eliminated (2002 World Cup debacle, vs. USA, Poland and South Korea or 2006 World Cup with undeserving/lucky wins vs. Angola and Iran...)

Lucius86

Banned
England are going to fail so hard this summer...

Tipping Germany for Euro 2012 - bit devastated I have lost Paul the octopus for my bets though - made a fortune last time :-(

_48305121_009771416-1.jpg

NHale

I can't imagine what would happen if the USA ever wins the World Cup.

One side of me wants this to happen so that they can start to see it with different eyes and maybe enjoy the sport but the other side can only think of the headlines "USA wins in a sport that they don't care." "USA dominates the rest of the World" and MLS champion being called the World Champions like they do in any other sport...

One side of me wants this to happen so that they can start to see it with different eyes and maybe enjoy the sport but the other side can only think of the headlines "USA wins in a sport that they don't care." "USA dominates the rest of the World" and MLS champion being called the World Champions like they do in any other sport...

If the USA win a World Cup in my lifetime, I will probably die within 24 hours of the victory. It will be one of the greatest days of my life.

I'm pretty sure they will be no neo-nazi gangs, or any other gangs for that matter, roaming the streets battering anyone. The amount of bad press the Ukrainian part of Euro 2012 is getting is ridiculous and I think mostly unjustified.

I was going to mention this.

In the past day I've read about an illegal sex trade, neo nazi gangs aiming to fight and hurl racial abuse, political corruption and criminal police.

Sounds scary, so I hope it's media exaggerating because I'm looking forward to watching the Euros.

rawd

They almost trolled the last Confed Cup.

Wilbur

Banned

The world wouldn't survive a disaster of such catastrophic proportions. We need you to be worse than us! But you're equal :( if I die and USA and England have won the same amount of world cups, I'll ask to be reborn so I can kill myself.

bjaelke

I was going to mention this.

In the past day I've read about an illegal sex trade, neo nazi gangs aiming to fight and hurl racial abuse, political corruption and criminal police.

Sounds scary, so I hope it's media exaggerating because I'm looking forward to watching the Euros.

They are exaggerating the issues in Ukraine. Most of the problems now is of a political nature. It escalated yesterday where a partially naked woman interrupted the trophy presentation.

Both Poland and Ukraine have increased the number of police offers to protect the fans.

feel

Supporting my nation, Portugal

Have no hope of any kind of decent performance from us though, we've been pathetic since Scolari left :(

I wish people/media would stop mentioning us as possible contenders just because of Ronaldo, he's not gonna do shit alone.

Overdoziz

Banned
Supporting my nation, Portugal

Have no hope of any kind of decent performance from us though, we've been pathetic since Scolari left :(

I wish people/media would stop mentioning us as possible contenders just because of Ronaldo, he's not gonna do shit alone.
You're from Portugal? The fuck.
Also, Ronaldo tears are best tears.

Seanbob11

Scotland aren't about cos we're shite so I'll have to go and put my money on Spain or Germany for the win, but I'll be supporting my Irish brothers!

Sylver

Banned
Spanish supported here.
Villa and Puyol injuries are f*cking disgusting. Two key pillars in our team and Xavi has ended the season a little tired with that amount of matches.
WAtwm.jpg

Let's see if Villa arrives but it's so hard and sure in no good condition.

Spanish supported here.
Villa and Puyol injuries are f*cking disgusting. Two key pillars in our team and Xavi has ended the season a little tired with that amount of matches.
http://i.imgur.com/WAtwm.jpg[IMG]

Let's see if Villa arrives but it's so hard and sure in no good condition.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read that Puyol is retiring from international football?

Kiraly

Hup holland hup! Although I have low hopes for that. Not even sure they're going to make it through the group stages with some GERMAN / CRONALDO styling all over them :/

Spanish supported here.
WAtwm.jpg

Let's see if Villa arrives but it's so hard and sure in no good condition.

shit i didn't know this, will Puyol make it in time though?

I have so much respect for Carles Puyol, one of the most consistent, fair, and passionate defenders in the history of the sport, love the guy!

Bo-Locks

shit i didn't know this, will Puyol make it in time though?

I have so much respect for Carles Puyol, one of the most consistent, fair, and passionate defenders in the history of the sport, love the guy!

Fair? His monstrosity of a face is permanently burned into the retinas of referees the world over, as he waves his imaginary cards accross their nose. To be fair, most of the Spanish players are like this, but whenever shit goes down, this clown is always right at the middle of it. He's one of the most overrated players in the world, and gets shown up whenever the protection in front of hm fails.

Fair? His monstrosity of a face is permanently burned into the retinas of referees the world over, as he waves his imaginary cards accross their nose. To be fair, most of the Spanish players are like this, but whenever shit goes down, this clown is always right at the middle of it. He's one of the most overrated players in the world, and gets shown up whenever the protection in front of hm fails.

awww come on now did Puyol piss in your Cheerios or you just hatin for the fun of it? ;)

Jamie OD

http://youtu.be/r5aZjE15Ye0

Here is Ireland's official theme song for Euro 2012. Trust us to take a depressing song about emigration ("Rocky Road To Dublin") and turn it into an uplifting football anthem.

Also have my little avatar buddy kitted out. Let's do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom