• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubern

Lol.

I thought you meant the fact he was talking Brazil who isn't competing this tournament for obvious reasons ;)

Huh? Wasn't he talking about doing Brazil's WC OT?

Anyway, I don't come often in the Football thread and I'm a new poster so people don't know me
except for japanese robot loving dudes
but I'm a huuuge football nutcase. Always been. I lurked the WC threads two years ago and really look forward to being able to participate this time ;)

tl;dr I know Brazil isn't playing ;)

Hoo-doo

Banned
I approve of the title change.

Denmark is up first on the chopping block it seems. Can't wait.

1278511364406.gif

Since Austria is again not qualified for a major tournament my spirit and cheers will go to our neighbors from Germany. Secretly I will still root for any underdog who might shine and kicks out a big nation.

TeegsD

PORTUGAL!!!

Not only are we going to make it out of the group, but we are winning it. First game we are going to draw with Germany but then we can beat Netherlands and Denmark. Mark my words, we will go far this time!

Can't wait for all the Italy hate during this tournament. I wasn't here in 2006 but I'm sure that thread was amazing for Italy fans. 2010 world cup thread was fucking funny. If only Forza and Manics were still around...

Going for Italy and Greece. Not expecting much from either. Italy are in a total re-building phase. It bodes well for the future but not right now. I think we will quite possibly have another group exit and things could get ugly real fast.

I'm just hoping to see Mario Balotelli fuck shit up.

Italians got to stick together in here. It seems a lot of Italian fans disappeared in the world cup 2010 thread when shit went south. We need as much backup in here than any other team. Everyone hates us. lol

ಠ_ಠ

ATF487

GET GRANT HOLT ON THAT GODDAMN PLANE

edit: I suppose I'm rooting for England, or no one. Part of the fun of the Euro tournament is not having any attachments to countries, since Scotland doesn't make it and the US/Australia obviously can't compete.

TeegsD

Well at least Denmark will beat Portugal again. That will be enough to make me happy, then the danish team can crash and burn for all I care.

Actually, Portugal can lose to Germany and NL for all I care as long as they whomp Denmark 5-0 with a hat trick from Ronaldo. Only for you Wooden <3

Can't wait for all the Italy hate during this tournament. I wasn't here in 2006 but I'm sure that thread was amazing for Italy fans. 2010 world cup thread was fucking funny. If only Forza and Manics were still around...

Going for Italy and Greece. Not expecting much from either. Italy are in a total re-building phase. It bodes well for the future but not right now. I think we will quite possibly have another group exit and things could get ugly real fast.

I'm just hoping to see Mario Balotelli fuck shit up.

Italians got to stick together in here. It seems a lot of Italian fans disappeared in the world cup 2010 thread when shit went south. We need as much backup in here than any other team. Everyone hates us. lol

&#3232;_&#3232;

rightfully so!

You guys have had your day in the sun, multiple times even when it wasn't always "deserved" :p so why not let some other teams shine that have been waiting for a title for a while now like Netherlands or even Portugal

I'm with you on Netherlands. I'd love to see them win. Does anyone hate Netherlands? How can anyone hate the Netherlands? I think they're probably the most liked futbol country in the world. They are so much fun to watch. Or maybe it's the orange...

Netherlands have always been my 3rd pick after Italy and Greece are out.

Now Portugal...not going to touch that.

I think it's illegal for an Italian to root for Portugal.

I'm with you on Netherlands. I'd love to see them win. Does anyone hate Netherlands? How can anyone hate the Netherlands? I think they're probably the most liked futbol country in the world. They are so much fun to watch. Or maybe it's the orange...

glad to see we're on the same page here, i actually secretly hate Portugal as well lol but that has different reasons ( we have tons of portugese living in the neighbourhood here and whenever they make it pretty far in a tournament their fans will go on shouting and honking through the streets at nighttime so that i can't sleep for DAYS ugh)

in all fairness though they ARE overdue for a title,

as for the Netherlands yeah i love the orange color, so bright and recognizable on the pitch plus the way they play has always fascinated me, very offensive and esthetic, modern soccer, though nowadays they have kinda played a lot more dirty...

Wilbur

Banned

It's the romanticism of them playing nice football and underachieving. Second they win something, FUCK THEM

TeegsD

Portugal's Lineup
554681_10150981527327425_341453307424_11867310_970989204_n.jpg

Nice to see Custodio and Nelson Oliveira called up. I hope Oliveira becomes are main striker.

Jay Sosa

Since Austria is again not qualified for a major tournament my spirit and cheers will go to our neighbors from Germany.

The fuck is wrong with you?

Have you seen them lately? This isn't the same squad that lost 3:2 to Brazil anymore. They're as fun to watch as Brazil under Dunga

glad to see we're on the same page here, i actually secretly hate Portugal as well lol but that has different reasons ( we have tons of portugese living in the neighbourhood here and whenever they make it pretty far in a tournament their fans will go on shouting and honking through the streets at nighttime so that i can't sleep for DAYS ugh)

in all fairness though they ARE overdue for a title,

as for the Netherlands yeah i love the orange color, so bright and recognizable on the pitch plus the way they play has always fascinated me, very offensive and esthetic, modern soccer, though nowadays they have kinda played a lot more dirty...
Lol Do you happen to be in Toronto? Because we have a very rabid Portuguese fan base here and as you describe they are quite loud. My neighbors are good friends of ours and they're Portuguese. I wouldn't call them loyal exactly, because the second Portugal gets eliminated the flag comes down and a big Brazil flag gets put in its place. Every damn world cup.

And no I haven't seen the Netherlands play recently. Sad to hear if true. Although as Peru mentioned i do recall them being quite nasty in 2010.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Germany's football right now is much flashier than Netherlands.

Lol Do you happen to be in Toronto? Because we have a very rabid Portuguese fan base here and as you describe they are quite loud. My neighbors are good friends of ours and they're Portuguese. I wouldn't call them loyal exactly, because the second Portugal gets eliminated the flag comes down and a big Brazil flag gets put in its place. Every damn world cup.

nah i'm in Europe but i see that they behave the same way all over the world eh? they do that here as well, for them it's the next best thing, i guess they still consider Brazil a colony of theirs or something lol but only for soccer!

PS: Toronto, isn't that where Scott Pilgrim is from? ;)

sneaky77

Germany's football right now is much flashier than Netherlands.

I agree Germany has been playing the best football since the last WC, I hope Spain can get their shit together, which they usually do for official matches. But is very hard to repeat in any tournament.

IceCold

I don't get why Portuguese people are getting singled out here. Any place with a large immigrant group does this whether it's the Italians, Greeks, etc.

Hieberrr

And no I haven't seen the Netherlands play recently. Sad to hear if true. Although as Peru mentioned i do recall them being quite nasty in 2010.

Bloor represent!

I always hear them LMFAO. Then again, I hear this for every country; Italy, Germany, Portugal, etc... LOL

I don't get why Portuguese people are getting singled out here. Any place with a large immigrant group does this whether it's the Italians, Greeks, etc.

So you're portugese then? ;)

j/k i guess you're right, i've just been exposed to them the most so they piss me off that's all ;)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
It was very easy to hate on the dirty dutch tactics last world cup.

de jong pretty much tarnished the entire image with that karate kick making them retroactively seem more evil than they were during the tournament.

rififi

Euro thread already? The best parts of these threads are always the reactions/aftermath.

Since Spain won the last Euro and WC, I don't think they have as much motivation, so I don't see them winning. Maybe this time I will put all my enthusiasm for my other nationality . . . England
lol, I'm just setting myself up for disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom