• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENGLAND!

God we are so shit if we get out the group we've done well.

Of the realistic contenders I like Germany and Holland.

My predictions...

Winner - Germany
Top Goalscorer - Van Persie
Best Player - Avatar Eyes, Ozil
Flop - France

Big-E

I forgot to take my Pirlo jersey to China with me so I will have no Italy gear to wear :(

I enjoy Euro more than the World Cup.

Kenka

Like this:

C2cgA.jpg
Wessiej, where did you take this pic from ?

Arjen

ENGLAND!

God we are so shit if we get out the group we've done well.

Of the realistic contenders I like Germany and Holland.

My predictions...

Winner - Germany
Top Goalscorer - Van Persie
Best Player - Avatar Eyes, Ozil
Flop - France

I hope Van Persie wil finally be ably to shine in the Dutch squad, he hasn't had any luck so far.

Bo-Locks

I want France to win the tournament but I'll support England in the group stage game against France. That's how I roll.

Big-E

Flags need to comeback for this and for Olympics, too many important international competitions to be without them.

FootballFan

Flags need to comeback for this and for Olympics, too many important international competitions to be without them.

That would be great. I wasn't a member yet during that but it looked awesome.

BTW OP needs some work, show Group Stages, explaining how it works to newbies, players to watch, random facts etc.

Yeah that was fun. I think it was a hassle for the mods though. I forget which mod was taking care of adding and removing all those tags. I don't think they have some kind of automator to make it easy so they have to add them individually to every single person. I remember a lot of people kept asking for a flag during the world cup but never got them lol. It was maybe a hundred or so who got it.

It was cool because they didn't remove mine for a few months after the world cup. Thought they forgot. Then one day... :((((

bjaelke

That would be great. I wasn't a member yet during that but it looked awesome.

BTW OP needs some work, show Group Stages, explaining how it works to newbies, players to watch, random facts etc.

Well it does so "work in progress" so I suspect more will be added in the coming weeks.

Tieno

God damn it, can't fucking wait. Euro and World Cup are so much fun. EURO CRISIS CUP.

By now I'm used to the fact that Belgium can't seem to qualify for either tourny anymore.

bjaelke

Olof Mellberg’s inclusion in Sweden’s Euro 2012 squad puts the defender in prime position to equal a competition record. He can become the sixth player to have played in four different European Championships and the first from Sweden.

Most European Championships appeared in

4 - Lothar Matthäus (1980, 1984, 1988, 2000)

4 - Peter Schmeichel (1988, 1992, 1996, 2000)

4 - Alessandro Del Piero (1996, 2000, 2004, 2008)

4 - Edwin van der Sar (1996, 2000, 2004, 2008)

4 - Lilian Thuram (1996, 2000, 2004, 2008)
It's a bit weird seeing him listed next to those legends (no disrespect).

Not unless EPL teams are eligible to compete in international tournaments.

But this is the first I've heard of the term. Let me try.

Bolton was Stoked on Sunday.

?

I'd say it applies to a team on the end of persistent rash challenges eg Pepe tried to Stoke the shit out of Barcelona last week, or a single incident eg Bogdan got Stoked by Walters

Lunchbox

Banned
germany will play the best and freeflowing again and get knocked out in the semis as usual

and some piece of shit 1-0 catenaccio merchant will end up winning it........as usual

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
spain limped their way to the win... horrible group performance with bad football up to the final.

Portugal being trained by a cunt back then (defense defense no attack and weird tactics), naturally played like shit as well.

But nature has a certain balance and once the coach was replaced and the team set in attacking mode, Portugal kicked ass a few months later against spain rematch.

Observe Portugal in attacking mode winning spain world champion by 4-0. They were left baffled, deservingly so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6_ldxKRM3c

Jay Sosa

spain in the world cup was as dull as italy. portugal 1-0, paraguay 1-0, germany 1-0, holland 1-0

germany = 4-0 australia, 4-1 england, 4-0 Argentina. defenders win championships

Just checked the stats (shots on goal, etc.) and yeah, you're right, didn't remember spain to be so defensive in the last WC.

elfinke

I have no vested interests at all in this, as I'm in the wrong hemisphere and timezones (AusGAF represent), but I'll be rooting for Ronaldo all the same.

Group B is a thing of beauty for the neutral!

bjaelke

Spain squad (Barcelona, Chelsea and Athletic players will be added later):

Porteros: Casillas, Reina, De Gea.

Defensas: Albiol, Jordi Alba, Arbeloa, Domínguez, Monreal, Sergio Ramos, y Juanfran.

Centrocampistas: Isco, Xabi Alonso, Cazorla, Beñat, Javi García, Bruno Soriano, David Silva y Jesús Navas.

Delanteros: Adrián, Negredo y Soldado.

Socreges

Banned
spain limped their way to the win... horrible group performance with bad football up to the final.

Portugal being trained by a cunt back then (defense defense no attack and weird tactics), naturally played like shit as well.

But nature has a certain balance and once the coach was replaced and the team set in attacking mode, Portugal kicked ass a few months later against spain rematch.

Observe Portugal in attacking mode winning spain world champion by 4-0. They were left baffled, deservingly so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6_ldxKRM3c
spyshagg
Should not be allowed to breed

Yes.

Suggest: Should not be allowed to disseminate opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom