• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Du bist Österreicher oder nicht? Wie zur Hölle kannst du dann zu den Deutschen helfen?

Haha yes I am but when it comes to football I fall back to a geographical approach of which big teams I like. So from the big teams I prefer Germany but I still wish Denmark, Switzerland, etc. wins.

I feel a lot closer to Bavaria than Vienna but that is a different story. When it comes to other stuff Germany is not in my general "favor".

We rigged the draw to get the easiest group possible. Now its time to ̶c̶h̶o̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ win it all.
logorfs.png

Empty

yay bonus football

not sure if i'm ready to pick a winner but i think france will surprise people this year and do very well. they have a good all round squad and blanc is a promising manager.

Jay Sosa

Haha yes I am but when it comes to football I fall back to a geographical approach of which big teams I like. So from the big teams I prefer Germany but I still wish Denmark, Switzerland, etc. wins.

I feel a lot closer to Bavaria than Vienna but that is a different story. When it comes to other stuff Germany is not in my general "favor".

Fair enough :D

Az

Since Bosnia didn't make it I hope Croatia does really well and Portugal and France don't make it past the Groups. Sorry

/sad

So Germany going to win. Not even sure I am going to try and watch this because of me being in Cali. BUT FUCK IT WAR GERMANY!

suck it up, for once it's US who got the good timezone for watching awesome shit!

(still pissed at having to watch E3 at super inconvenient times here oh and the Oscars too )

Yen

As we are in the deep, dark dungeons of OT Community, I didn't even realise there was a EURO thread.
Cheering on Ireland, of course, though I expect Germany to win it.

Wessiej

Going to miss the first day, but after that I will watch every match. Can't wait.

LETS GO ORANJE.

germany will win ;(

Like this:

C2cgA.jpg

hylje

I'm behind Spain again.

Hopes are not high this time and expecting Nederland to give good run as they usually do on Euro Cup

TheMan

i usually root for france in this tournament and this year will be no exception

realistically, what are their chances?

Yen

I thought 2008 was one of the best international tournaments ever. Spain, Holland, Germany at the top of their game with Turkey and Russia dismantling whatever is put in front of them. And we didn't have to deal with the English media, thank god.

Pachimari

Denmark are gonna beat them all in their group.

Seriously, we're doomed.

I'm bummed Nicolai Boilesen is injured.

Anyway, we'll beat Portugal easily, then Netherlands and we'll get a draw against Germany. 7 points to Denmark.

sneaky77

suck it up, for once it's US who got the good timezone for watching awesome shit!

(still pissed at having to watch E3 at super inconvenient times here oh and the Oscars too )

sure.. if you don't have to work like a normal person lol, my dvr is going to be working overtime, oh you didn't mean the US sorry lol the capital letters confused me

krishian

I thought 2008 was one of the best international tournaments ever. Spain, Holland, Germany at the top of their game with Turkey and Russia dismantling whatever is put in front of them. And we didn't have to deal with the English media, thank god.
If 2012 has something as awesome as the Turkey-Croatia overtime I won't even care who wins the whole thing in the end.

Well, not really, still want Germany to win!

pegaso

Neo Member
I'd love to see Spain winning the third straight title but I'm afraid we are going to bomb. Madrid, Barça and Athletic players are spent and they will be together for like five days before the first game. Our federation is a joke.

So I guess I'll be rooting for Italy or one of the underdogs (same thing?).

Oh and BTW, Euro > World Cup.

Kabouter

2008 was just the best. I loved that tournament, even if we did exit right after the group stage when we came up against Hiddink's Russia (though we might well exit during the group stage this year with such a strong group). Shame we didn't play the same attractive football we played during Euro 2008 in 2010. I hate Van Marwijk.

Woy the Messiah has come to deliver England into a new era of dominance. Bow down before the master, gentlemen.

lol. Germany have it in their back pocket this year.

I know we always do shit, but I'm glad we're actually here this time round. Having a mediocre overhyped team of your own does give the whole thing a bit of extra zing.

FootballFan

As we are in the deep, dark dungeons of OT Community, I didn't even realise there was a EURO thread.

Same here, just saw it.

Hope it turns out to be a great tournament, with upsets, blunders and all.

I myself don't think Spain will win. Germany got this I think. Italy could do it as well.

Trollitaly 2012

cassano-balotellinbulbburu.jpg
lol so good. Balotelli is far from a sure thing though.

The provisional squad is out now. Final squad announced in two weeks. As you can see there are a few Serie B players on this list which I think is possibly a bit telling of the lack of homegrown young talent coming out of Italy. I remember hearing Gattuso stress this very point a while back that there aren't enough good young players coming up in Italy. I don't watch too much Serie A so I don't know how good a lot of these players really are, maybe someone who's more knowledgable about Italian football can comment on this list of players and the future outlook for Italian futbol.

Provisional list:

Goalkeepers:  

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli)
Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain)
Emiliano Viviano (Palermo)

Defenders:  

Ignazio Abate (AC Milan)
Davide Astori (Cagliari)
Federico Balzaretti (Palermo)
Andrea Barzagli (Juventus)
Salvatore Bocchetti (Rubin Kazan)
Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus)
Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
Domenico Criscito (Zenit St Petersburg)
Christian Maggio (Napoli)
Angelo Ogbonna (Torino)
Andrea Ranocchia (Inter)

Midfielders:

Luca Cigarini (Atalanta)
Daniele De Rossi (Roma)
Alessandro Diamanti (Bologna)
Emanuele Giaccherini (Juventus)
Claudio Marchisio (Juventus)
Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina)
Thiago Motta (Paris Saint-Germain)
Antonio Nocerino (AC Milan)
Andrea Pirlo (Juventus)
Ezequiel Schelotto (Atalanta)
Marco Verratti (Pescara)

Attackers:

Mario Balotelli (Manchester City)
Fabio Borini (Roma)
Antonio Cassano (AC Milan)
Mattia Destro (Siena)
Antonio Di Natale (Udinese)
Sebastian Giovinco (Parma)

xbhaskarx

I am rooting for Netherlands but I expect Germany or maybe Spain to win it. I'm really interested in seeing the German roster, how are they even going to find spots for everyone, the amount of talent they have at their disposal is absurd....

Clegg

Richard Dunne is going to swat Iniesta and Xavi like flies.

Doesn't matter that they're two of the best players in the world.

They're getting kicked in the hole and sent flying into row z.

Richard Dunne is going to swat Iniesta and Xavi like flies.

Doesn't matter that they're two of the best players in the world.

They're getting kicked in the hole and sent flying into row z.
Ireland scares me the most in Group C. I actually think Italy will draw against Spain and possibly beat Croatia in a tight match. If they can pull a win against Croatia and just not lose to Ireland then 6 points should get them through hopefully. I don't know, tough group. When it was first drawn I was quite happy with it but now I'm quite scared. Lol

Fularu

Banned
I want to see France win against England.

Please make it so. We can lose the other two games but for the love of the game, England has to lose... If they lose the same way they did in 2004 it will be even better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom