• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Q4 - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official camera equipment thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144603

A selection from the last page of the Q3 thread.
just a quick tease...

into the abyss by minasodaboy, on Flickr

Perhaps NSFW so I won't post it directly, but if anybody wants to see what dog meat looks like at a Chinese wet market check it out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/egarrison/10013404316/

A few other recent pics from China:

Young Fella by eric_vernon, on Flickr

Laowai Hello! by eric_vernon, on Flickr

No shirt no shoes no service? by eric_vernon, on Flickr

Peekaboo by eric_vernon, on Flickr

I love the film shots some of you are posting! I would love to find a cheap TLR to mess around with but I have no time :(

Just got back into taking pics again after a year long hiatus when my daughter was born..

Upgraded my travel kit with a Panny G6 and an Olympus 45mm to go with the 20mm I previously had.

Some recent shots from the zoo.

The Last Unic.... Zebra by bl1tzzz, on Flickr

Kudu Family by bl1tzzz, on Flickr

Weekend in Puglia, Italy

puglia01.png

puglia02.png

puglia03.png

puglia04.png

puglia05.png

Loved your images catchabad0ne, great moments and framing :)

Here's a recent one. I'm totally uninspired.

Old Wave Breaker by Cdammen, on Flickr

Q4, easily my favourite three months of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing what Gaf members share in the final stages of this year.

pringles

I still lurk these threads and marvel at the amazing work being done, myself I'm just trying to get back into the photography groove again so I can contribute more.

Couple of recents:

Hilti92

537888_10201297002802028_518489865_n.jpg

1017339_10201297002762027_423520189_n.jpg

1381711_10201296998721926_93598737_n.jpg

These are the first photos that I have taken that aren't your typical phone pictures. I was experimenting with the aperture and think they turned out decently but not as good as your guys photos. Hopefully I will get better along the way!

RoKKeR

I'm constantly amazed at the stuff I see in these threads, GAF has some incredibly talented photographers! I'm finally going to start posting in here.

Well, here are some pictures from a big football game I shot on Saturday night. First time ever shooting a sporting event and I had a blast. Getting to use the school's awesome 300 f/2.8 wasn't such a bad deal either.

Graafke

It's been a while since the last time I've posted here. But I still try to check out the photos in this thread on a daily basis. You guys are on fire! :)

@Pringles: Great shot of the northern light. Where did you take this photo?

@Pepto: That shot has a nice atmosphere. The light really makes the textures pop.

@Forsete: Nice use of shallow depth of field

@mibupe: Great perspective in the third shot

@ NathanMcMahon: The photo of the kitten is adorable :)

Here are some shots of the wilderness in the Netherlands:

IMG_8480 by Herr Graafke, on Flickr

IMG_8864 by Herr Graafke, on Flickr

IMG_9076 by Herr Graafke, on Flickr

Complete set can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90092239@N08/sets/72157636123464475/

MXRider

Fëanor;85270723 said:
dsc_8436hekay.jpg

Nashville

Then I took a quick joyride with the GoPro. Not bad I think.

g0098932j2ku6.jpg

g0109021objql.jpg

g0109078yjjhk.jpg

g0129698pwk2v.jpg

How did you get that effect with your GoPro? I'm guessing its a Hero 3 feature because I have a Hero 2.

Damaged

Another quarter already? well I shot my last motor race of the year this weekend and it seems whenever I go to France it pisses it down with rain, was good fun shooting but my waterproofing gear on the camera failed and my D7000 wont focus lock properly now :( ah well off for repair it goes

Edit:

Turns out the F3 drivers were not too happy either

vivftp

I've become a lot more interested in photography since I got my RX100. Haven't had much time lately though, admittedly. Here're a couple of ones I like

During a camping trip:

DSC03033 by vivftp, on Flickr

On a trip to Mexico:

DSC00648 by vivftp, on Flickr

Fëanor;85272730 said:
Yeah, it is a Hero3. Just some stills from a test run I did with the timelapse feature last night.

I've got the hero 3 silver edition and the still photos it takes are really bad. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Those photos are fantastic.

I have a question, I'm interested in getting the Sony SLT-A65 but was thinking, is it worth getting it today or should I wait for their new SLT cameras that will replace the A-65 and A-77?

pixelated

DSC03583 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03567 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03537 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03494 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03226 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03213 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03209 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03173 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03088 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC02582 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC02555 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC02544 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC02532 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03201 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

Iacobellis

Some amazing shots in this thread! This is my first time here, I've only previously browsed the Camera Equipment thread.

Pepto

Banned
Great shots. I was wondering how you managed to get the colours somewhat faded like you've got on those shots. Any tips?

The secret is using the tone curve:

Original:

Edit:

Settings:
tonecurve.jpg

To get the funky colours you need to tweak the individual colour channels instead of just the RGB like so:

tonecurve2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom