• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany Sony community forums event to go to PS4 Launch in Berlin potentially rigged?

Gusto

ydTXPqY.jpg

Should have won.

I would've rather had Mark Cerny touch my finger.

Goon Boon

Banned

KoopaTheCasual

The reason the best picture got third place is obviously an homage~ to Sony's "Welcome to the Third Place" commercials. *Scoffs*

No, but seriously, that's wiggity wack.

Jotaka

Well.. the prize is not that a big deal.

But If you think for a second. The 3rd place is just a photo with photoshop stuff added to the image. Pretty easy to do. At least he should removed sleeping stuff from the couch

The second place had more work done.

1st. It's a woman. Win by default lol

kyser73

Clearly none of you ever saw the winning results of BBC 'Blue Peter' art competitions...(UK gaffers of a certain age should get that reference...)

Clawww

2nd and 3rd place are nice, what the fuck is going on here? I really hope people aren't actually voting this way.

Jonnax

I know it's just a contest and all but looking at some of those entries it's kinda an insult to the effort and creativity that was put into making them. It's literally 5 minutes 'work'.

Mikey Jr.

Of course it was rigged. I mean, look at that for fuck sakes. Looks like she slapped it together in 2 minutes and called it a day.

BHK3

Banned
Reminds me the naming contest for the now named Pixel Junk Shooter. There were like 10 other much better sounding names and they told us that Shooter had the most votes and most support...

I would swap third and first.

I don't think it necessarily was rigged, maybe they simply liked the clean look of the girls photo better. My friends in Germany seem to like simplicity, cleanness and efficiency. Guy in the sofa is incredibly cool, but doesnt represent any of that.

Metal B

I would swap third and first.

I don't think it necessarily was rigged, maybe they simply liked the clean look of the girls photo better. My friends in Germany seem to like simplicity, cleanness and efficiency. Guy in the sofa is incredibly cool, but doesnt represent any of that.

I'm German and can clearly say, that's obvious rigged. I guess they wanted a woman as one of the three winners (to show diversity in the target group) , but placing her as number one is very suspicious.

Copenap

Btw. the winner will be the person who receives the first PS4 in Germany. What a shame that Sony chose to go the marketing route and selected the winner according to what's gonna make the most and best PR buzz when the picture of the first PS4 owner goes around the world.

genbatzu

according to the comment section of this forum event the winner already knew beforehand that she had won and bragged about it... according to multiple comments she posted on friday, that she had won the contest.

duckface > creativity

Skyzard

Banned
Its an attractive girl.

If she had licked it, she would be running Kotaku by now.

lol

Gotta say, since they chose the winners, it's sorta feeling like that. Bit of encouragement is good and all, but first? The other two were pretty great.

Top Bottom