• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany Sony community forums event to go to PS4 Launch in Berlin potentially rigged?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Well.. the prize is not that a big deal.

But If you think for a second. The 3rd place is just a photo with photoshop stuff added to the image. Pretty easy to do. At least he should removed sleeping stuff from the couch

Lol I dunno how you could miss the reference to Creation of Adam (Creazione di Adamo) but it's done on purpose man.

iul_i000107.jpg

ydTXPqY.jpg

edit: ahah it even has the cracks in the wall, awesome

Roland1979

Lol what a disgrace. Second post is right at it's place, third place should be first and first place should be something like 284.

Goon Boon

Banned
I can assure you it is not rigged.

Many participants have registered their accounts on the forums only to take part in the contest as it has been promoted on different social media channels. :smileywink:

If you take part in an artistic/creative contest, there's a jury (SCE Germany in this case) who will evaluate your entry. This is not mathematics, but personal choices and the jury has to consider that this is the winner entry. We don't expect everyone to share the same opinion but we do ask the rest of contestants to show some respect for the actual winner and his entry. Thank you.

http://community.eu.playstation.com...-in-Berlin/m-p/20192777/highlight/true#M43061

Still rigged as hell. Would have liked if at least one gaming site covered this. The fact that it was judged by SCE Germany and not a popular vote is even more telling.

Goon Boon

Banned
Yeah, It's a joke. Everybody knows that the contest is rigged. Man, there were so many amazing entries that should have won.

SCE Germany, first they fuck up the Killzone Mega Bundle and now they give the first price to a duckface, congratulations!

I just wish there was something that could be done. I want to see anyone say that 1 was better than anything else in the thread. It's unfair to the people that entered, and especially unfair to you/the 3rd place guy.

I mean shit, games journalists would get some easy clicks out of it.

Vagabundo

There is zero creativity in the first place winners entry. I can see where the other two winners were going and the third place one is fantastic and in line with Sony's own advertising campaign - some of which had been awesome.

I'd love to hear their reasoning as to why this one came first. They must be able to defend it's artistic merit, otherwise it's just a random; I liked her pout.

SpyGuy239

I understand the anger and agree with you guys...but to go ahead and say its rigged without any concrete proof is not right

Vagabundo

I understand the anger and agree with you guys...but to go ahead and say its rigged without any concrete proof is not right

I agree, without more evidence it is impossible to say either way. What could have happened her is that the participants of the competition took the brief far more seriously than the organisers.

Goon Boon

Banned

I agree, without more evidence it is impossible to say either way. What could have happened her is that the participants of the competition took the brief far more seriously than the organisers.

kgZIEkl.jpg

This was several posts above the winning one, has the person posing with a controller, with a PS logo (or two) near them. Heck, the one that one may have been a based on copying that one. Extremely similar to the winning one. Yet it's no where in the top 3. This compounded with the two other entries being given 2nd and 3rd place, so they were in fact recognized for fitting the theme of the contest and for their quality.

This was rigged. Nothing wrong with stating the obvious.

For anyone who is interested: As it turns out the girl, who won the contest, isn't a girl at all. I won't post his name though, because of privacy and stuff.
But man, I'm really curious what the Playstation team is going to do now... (according to the rules, it had to be a picture of ourselves)

Goon Boon

Banned
For anyone who is interested: As it turns out the girl, who won the contest, isn't a girl at all. I won't post his name though, because of privacy and stuff.
But man, I'm really curious what the Playstation team is going to do now... (according to the rules, it had to be a picture of ourselves)

Woke up to this beauty. Hahahaha.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Oh wow

creyas

Yeah, i was thinking the Sony rep writing "please respect the winner and his entry" wasn't a mistake.

Top Bottom