• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany Sony community forums event to go to PS4 Launch in Berlin potentially rigged?

Goon Boon

Banned
http://community.eu.playstation.com...-in-Berlin/m-p/20185099/highlight/true#M42965

Alright, Germany Playstation forums thread had a contest. A quick google translate for everyone :

Loads in this thread up a photo of you representing yourself as PlayStation fan. Be creative - it does not always triumph the largest selection of games, shows us how their lives PlayStation

Now, heres the thing thats fucking weird. Here's third place :

ydTXPqY.jpg

Cool.

Here's second place :

wufKEYA.jpg

Interesting, does what the contest asks.

Here's first place :

Q8nLDhe.jpg

A pose with two controllers and a grayscale Playstation Logo.

I'm calling rigged on this, there's some cool entries in the mix, and even two of them got in, but the one that won was literally a picture of themselves with two controllers making a face.

Gotta increase the amount of female gamers! One more right there...!

Edit: Oh, it's not to win a PS4 but to attend a launch party. One less girl to hire?

Schrade

How was the decision made? Online Poll Votes? If so, that's why the girl won.

That first pic is fucking awesome though and should have won.

Alienous

Third may have lost, but it has won GAF's heart.

That said, it's almost as if Greg Wallace chose the winner to this competition.

I really like the first 2. The girl one could of won due to it being that not alot of females are showcased as gamers and that its typically a guy thing. Maybe..

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I thought I was looking at

First place
Second place
WTF place

But then it's really

Third place
Second place
WTF place?

Yeah, something smells rotten in Limburger.

Zok310

Banned
3rd place should be 1st place.
2nd place should be 2nd place.
And 1st place should be toilet paper.

B.O.O.M

I like how in the second one not only shows the different playstation consoles he had growing up but also the games he loved during those eras ..love it

Copenap

Third place is awesome.

And yeah, pretty clear that the choice wasn't based on "best" or "most creative" but instead some other criteria. It's actually quite amazing just how bad and uninteresting the winner pic is.

Edit; Clarification, there was no vote, it was a "jury".

Dahaka

Well, the jury is probably dominantly male and there is a reason this hobby is stigmatized with the easily impressed "omega male gamer".

methane47

Now, heres the thing thats fucking weird. Here's third place :

ydTXPqY.jpg

Cool..

Umm this is awesome.

Third place is awesome.

And yeah, pretty clear that the choice wasn't based on "best" or "most creative" but instead some other criteria. It's actually quite amazing just how bad and uninteresting the winner pic is.

BEWBS

I3aSq.jpg

Jury Simpin to the max

Goon Boon

Banned
rfw2oxk.png

Account was made specifically for the event, only posts are in the event thread.

And in the rules, with a quick translation again from Google :

10. Es gibt einen (1) Gewinner (der als "Gewinner" bezeichnet wird) und zwei(2) Nächstplatzierte . Jeder Gewinner wird anhand der Orginalität und Kreativität des Screenshots von einem (1) oder mehreren Mitarbeitern des Veranstalters ausgewählt. Jeder MVP ist dabei ein unabhängiger Preisrichter und von der Teilnahme am Gewinnspiel ausgeschlossen. Die Entscheidung des Preisrichters ist endgültig.

There is one (1) winner (referred to as "Winners") and two (2) runners up. Each winner will be selected based on the originality and creativity of the screenshot of one (1) or more employees of the organizer. Each MVP is an independent jury and excluded from participating in the Sweepstakes. The decision of the judge is final.

It sounds like its saying its chosen by employee(s). Can any German native speaking Gaffers confirm?

Goon Boon

Banned
Woops double posted instead of editing.

Third place is awesome.

Thanks.

Apparently most of the people on that forum disagree with #1 as well. I myself fail to see how it's creative at all... especially in comparison to some of the other awesome entries.

KHlover

Banned
rfw2oxk.png

Account was made specifically for the event, only posts are in the event thread.

And in the rules, with a quick translation again from Google :

It sounds like its saying its chosen by employee(s). Can any German native speaking Gaffers confirm?

10. Es gibt einen (1) Gewinner (der als "Gewinner" bezeichnet wird) und zwei(2) Nächstplatzierte . Jeder Gewinner wird anhand der Orginalität und Kreativität des Screenshots von einem (1) oder mehreren Mitarbeitern des Veranstalters ausgewählt. Jeder MVP ist dabei ein unabhängiger Preisrichter und von der Teilnahme am Gewinnspiel ausgeschlossen. Die Entscheidung des Preisrichters ist endgültig.

Yup, winner is chosen by 1 (or more) employee(s). Employees are independant judges and not allowed to enter the contest. Their decisions are final.

Winning by proxy?

Top Bottom