• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS & Summary #2 for non-regular members. Submarine Gun! Bomb!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, it's time for second summary thread for people who don't follow mega-thread regularly, so I am providing the information for people to catching up what they have been missing.

Main Information
Speed and Gameplay should be between Melee and Brawl
NO MORE TRIPPING
Sakurai said that they will trying to make SSB4 more balanced than Brawl
NO SSE

Characters

Let's start with the character rosters, we will receive same rosters on both system. It's possibilities that the characters might be adjusted for 3DS, but it's not 100% confirmed. Here is the announced roster so far.

k12G040.png

2jAj0gc.png

Buff and Nerf
Bowser got few new moves: running attack, forward smash and jump attack
Pit got two new moves which would replaced Side B and Down B
Marth's Shield Breaker got buffed

Stages
Alright, we already know there are 11 Wii U stages and 9 3DS stages so far, so they are revealing the stages slowly. Also I would like to mention that Smash 3DS would get handheld stages, awhile Smash Wii U would get console stages. It's possible that we could get shared stages but I seriously doubt it unless it's Final Destination and Battlefield.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS

Battlefield

P3festC.jpg

Spirit Train

vAJrpnR.png

Arena Ferox

ICFGtuL.png

Gerudo Valley

QODHPXK.png

Kid Icarus: Uprising Reset Bomb Stage

ag7abaM.jpg

Nintendog Stage

BXPYkMC.png

Super Mario 3D Land Stage

EmsEm6V.jpg

StreetPass Quest Stage

GIPcvIx.jpg

Animal Crossing 3DS stage

jOe2yK7TdkmNW.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Battlefield

3b8ByPJ.jpg

Pyrosphere

2DByMUc.jpg

Smash Dojo Arena

qSyl8Eh.png

Dr. Wily's Castle

EY9hKdl.png

Garden of Hope

qraHK3e.jpg

Skyloft

uW4A4bz.png

Smashville II

gHxCJoE.jpg

Wii Fit Training Room

mRv13QC.png

Pilotwings - Wuhu Island Stage

CpDF9S2.jpg

Windy Hill Zone

WmV48f2.png

Super Mario Galaxy stage

zlCfzRMJyR88QK9Yo5

Items

Also I would like to mention that we already saw few returning items in Rosalina and Luma trailer. Those items are Green Shell, Fire Flower, and Pokeballs.

Super Smash Bros Items

Smash Ball

l2AuzHk.png

Capsules

p4unfyq.jpg

Ray Gun

QaQgBVr.jpg

Poke Ball

wUIq4RZ.jpg

X Bomb

XXpRwrO.jpg

Spaceship Bomb

Ie5yE3w.jpg

Torpedo Gun

zlCfzROD37ks9Fntyz

Assist Trophies

Skull Kid

jbbv1p2Cc8ZI9a.jpg

Nintendog

j0USRWYxWqsJ3.jpg

Trailer
SSB Wii U and 3DS E3 Trailer
Newcomer Trailer - Mega Man
Second Trailer w/ WiiFit Trainer
Director Direct - Sakurai on SSB Wii U and 3DS
Sonic Trailer - HD
Rosalina and Luma Trailer - HD

Comparison Video
Characters' Model Comparison

Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Sd-MSW5QCNQ
Sakurai's match

IRC Chat
Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #SmashGAF
Mibbit Link to Chat

Previous Threads
1st Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!
2nd Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 2: Where Pilotwings is apparently Minecraft
3rd Mega Thread - Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!
1st Summary Thread - Xerneas entered Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS & Summary thread for non-regular members
2nd Summary Thread - Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS & Summary #2 for non-regular members. Submarine Gun! Bomb!
Rosalina AND LUMA Confirmed For Smash Bros!
Super Smash Bros. 4 - New Assist: Nintendoge joins the fight
New Stage for Super Smash Bros 3DS Revealed: Features Everyone's Favorite Kapp'n
Nintendo adds sub machine gun to Super Smash Bros. 4
Skull Kid from Majora's Mask to be featured in Smash Bros. 4
Sakurai's Daily Image: StreetPass Quest (Find Mii) stage confirmed for SSB 3DS
Super Mario Galaxy Stage confirmed for Smash Bros Wii U - 3DS
fire emblem legend marth confirmed for smash 4
Male WiiFit Trainer Confirmed for Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. Creepy fan art inevitable.
Sonic confirmed for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U
A Returning Animated Super Smash Bros Character (Toon Link)
Peach announced for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U
New Super Smash Wii U Screenshot Reveals Metroid: Other M Stage ~ Pyrosphere
SMASHTON OF THE CENTURY: Luigi is CONFIRMED to be in Super Smash Bros 4!!!
SMASHTON: Take a sneak pik at a new Smash. Bros 4 character! (Olimar)
Sakurai talks character selection for SSB4: "Stressful almost to the brink of death"
Wii Fit Trainer announced for Super Smash Bros.
Mega Man joins Smash brothers cast!
Super Smash Bros (name?) Roster Contest Discussion
Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest! Prizes included! Deadline: June 9
Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!
Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition
Rumor: Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Release Date: May 16, 2014
Smash Bros. Fans: Do You Want DLC?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm sorry. I accidentally clicked submitted. Please give me some time to updating the OP.
While you're editing may I suggest cutting it down to one pic per stage.

I don't get it… is this the new OT? Why is this a thread if we already make NTFNN?
No it's a thread to update those who don't like to follow the current big thread but may be interested in the small titbits that weren't big enough news for a new thread.

Mariolee

Fantadtic summary! Should be linked in actual OT as well. Only thing I would say os adding the Rosalina trailer to the videos section.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Fantadtic summary! Should be linked in actual OT as well. Only thing I would say os adding the Rosalina trailer to the videos section.

I'm working on OT right now since I stupidly clicked enter button when I didn't meant to but thanks.

Hopefully Summary #3 thread's OP would be much better with pictures. I felt that OP is too cluttered so I will make third thread's OP way better if the time permit me in the future.

Great thread.

You can also add

Assist Trophy (nintendog,skull kid)

And maybe informations about new moves and old move modified?

Also no SSE

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Great thread.

You can also add

Assist Trophy (nintendog,skull kid)

And maybe informations about new moves and old move modified?

Also no SSE

I just added Assist Trophies.

That's not bad idea with moves but I think I wouldn't do pictures for those moves adjusts.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think I will make those images smaller and cleaning up the OP for Smash Summary #3 so it would be easier for people to read.

I apologized for the inconveniences. Also if I forget anything, please be kind and point it out for me, and thanks.

Can I just say how much I LOVE this game's art style in comparison to Brawl? It just... definitely feels a LOT more like a good Smash should.

Other buffs include Link's dair being a meteor smash if the tip hits just right, and Samus's charge shot has gotten stronger and faster.

Lots of info, thanks for compiling it. The only thing I'd add is the confirmation of the Male Wii Fit Trainer, and what that might possibly means for alts and such.

Other buffs include Link's dair being a meteor smash if the tip hits just right, and Samus's charge shot has gotten stronger and faster.

you mean "buffs"

anyway, 19 characters confirmed w/ 4 newcomers, how many are left?
find out....by this time next year!
(maybe)

Anth0ny

Isn't Marth's shield breaker also improved?

because "people didn't use it to break shields enough"

/sakurailogic

GamerSoul

Its great to have everything alll in one place. Great stuff.

Isn't Marth's shield breaker also improved?

because "people didn't use it to break shields enough"

/sakurailogic

Ya that was in an update. Following his logic, it now makes sense why falcon's knee and Samus's charge shot ended up the way they did. Lol

MicH

A lot of cool stages. I may just have to get both versions. Ferox Arena is awesome. I was not expecting that

blamite

Great thread. So far my biggest concern with the game is the number of stages; since they basically need to make twice as many to split between the two versions, I hope that doesn't mean each version will have less than if it had been the only one. Or that there'll only be time to give each franchise one stage per version, thus less obscure or off the wall ones like Pictochat, Flat Zone, or Hanenbow.
Kid Icarus Uprising.

Also Meteos!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Great thread. So far my biggest concern with the game is the number of stages; since they basically need to make twice as many to split between the two versions, I hope that doesn't mean each version will have less than if it had been the only one. Or that there'll only be time to give each franchise one stage per version, thus less obscure or off the wall ones like Pictochat, Flat Zone, or Hanenbow.

Also Meteos!

Sadly, Meteos is only Sakura's game that I didn't touch.

Well, we already have two Zelda stages for 3DS and one Zelda stage for Wii U. I really hope that we are getting Temple again.

Top Bottom