• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribble

NTom64 said:
No love for Sky Sanctuary Zone? :(

That's a good selection for retro Sonic tunes, though. For more modern stuff, I'd probably choose these:

His World - Instrumental Version
What I'm Made Of
Open Your Heart

I forgot about Sky Sanctuary Zone. Yeah, it's a decent song and would be happy if it got in.

Open Your Heart, definitely. It's cheesy, but I love it.

For modern Sonic songs, I would probably choose:

Sonic Adventure:
Open Your Heart

Sonic Rush:
A New Day
Back 2 Back (Tune! Lol)

Jiggy

For now I'll just do Pokemon, since otherwise this would get insane. Though I'm sure people will declare me insane by the end of this anyway. >_>

R/B/Y: Gym battle, trainer battle, Team Rocket, Cerulean City, Celadon City, Saffron City, Cycling Road, Route 1, Until We Meet Again..., Game Corner D/P remix, champion battle, Pokemon Center, St. Anne

G/S/C: Wild battle, trainer battle (this is someone's MIDI remix, but close enough), instrumental version of Ready Go, Azalea Town (non-MIDI remix this time)

R/S/E: Gym battle, trainer battle, Slateport City (however, instrumental or bust), Route 120 and 121 with their awesometastic music that almost matches Until We Meet Again, contest theme, Regi battle, Advance Adventure ~faunsu e~, Team Magma theme, Team Aqua theme, Battle Frontier, Frontier Brain battle, Deoxys battle

D/P: Wild battle, trainer battle, Sunyshore City, Hearthome City, Galactic Admin battle, Hikari's theme (but, uh, an instrumental version :p), Route 201, Wi-Fi lobby, GTS, Fight Area, Jubilife City, Route 225, legendary trio, Route 210 (preferably more styled after the anime's orchestral version), Route 209, champion battle

Colosseum: Miror B. or Mirakle B., first battle/early Mt. Battle, semifinal battle, Phenac City (maybe only the fast part, but preferably both), The Under, final boss theme (ignore the crowd cheering >_>), intro screen, practically anything that had portions played in the ending theme

XD: Cipher Peon battle, wild battle (1:23), vs. battle (2:48), Greevil battle, Miror B. (disco influence this time), purification chamber (might be a remix, but I'll take what I can get)

Obviously I'm not expecting even 15% of these, but I'm just saying: if they had to pick stuff, I hope it's selected from these. Ironically enough, I'm actually not a fan of the main theme that makes it into every Smash Bros. game... (Except for the more tropical version from D/P, but that's not in Brawl.)

Scribble said:
I forgot about Sky Sanctuary Zone. Yeah, it's a decent song and would be happy if it got in.

Open Your Heart, definitely. It's cheesy, but I love it.

For modern Sonic songs, I would probably choose:

Sonic Adventure:
Open Your Heart

Sonic Rush:
A New Day
Back 2 Back (Tune! Lol)

Awesome list Scribble. The only thing I'd like in addition to those is Wing Fortress.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z6oXP4FbEaY

Scribble

Jiggy37 said:
For now I'll just do Pokemon, since otherwise this would get insane. Though I'mm sure people will declare me insane by the end of this anyway. >_>
R/B/Y

Shit, that brings back so many memories. Mine would have to be Pallet Town (It makes me extremely nostalgic, and it's the very beginning), Viridian City, and Cerulean City.

And this and this, if it was possible :D

I can't comment on any of the music on the other games. I've played them all, but I don't remember virtually any of the songs. Not due to the quality of the music, it's just that I have a really bad memory. How the heck did you manage to recall all of those songs, anyway? With Sonic, it's different, as I grew up playing the games.

crowphoenix said:
Awesome list Scribble. The only thing I'd like in addition to those is Wing Fortress.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z6oXP4FbEaY

That song was pretty epic. It just reminds me of jumping across those spinning platforms...and failing. And those turtle badniks. Lol.

Jiggy

Scribble said:
Shit, that brings back so many memories. Mine would have to be Pallet Town (It makes me extremely nostalgic, and it's the very beginning), Viridian City, and Cerulean City.

And this and this, if it was possible :D

I can't comment on any of the music on the other games. I've played them all, but I don't remember virtually any of the songs. Not due to the quality of the music, it's just that I have a really bad memory. How the heck did you manage to recall all of those songs, anyway? With Sonic, it's different, as I grew up playing the games.
I only remembered about half of them. It's just that I accidentally found the others as videos while I was finding links to the ones I did remember. >_>

On that note, I don't know how I forgot Viridian City.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
MisterHero said:
man you guys suck

no one mentioned Sonic Boom wtf

:p

IF YOU'RE STRONG YOU CAN FLY

YOU CAN REACH THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RAINBOW.

That song was awesome. And the animation of Sonic was simply mind-blowing.

Why can't Sonic cutscenes look like that nowadays? :(

TreIII

Iam Canadian said:
IF YOU'RE STRONG YOU CAN FLY

YOU CAN REACH THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RAINBOW.

That song was awesome. And the animation of Sonic was simply mind-blowing.

Why can't Sonic cutscenes look like that nowadays? :(

Because during that era (especially for that game) we had Naoto Oshima in charge of the art direction of the Sonic series. The blue skies, the surreal environments and etc? THAT, to me, was Sonic at his finest.

Far cry from Yuji Naka's vision for the series, once he took over totally and kicked Oshima and etc. out of his lil club. Naka's pretty much the reason why we have Sonic as we do today, culminating with Sonic Next (which he had a part in until he decided to fly the coop to his own studio, Prope).

Scribble said:
Don't worry, the Subspace Emissary will return Sonic to his former glory, if only temporarily. =X

And Bioware, will help with that too. As long as Sonic's out of SEGA's hands, than we are good.

I can't wait to see what role Sonic plays in the Subspace Emissary.

Sciz said:
You guys are tempting me to put together an epic list of Sonic music.

Do it!

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
And Bioware, will help with that too. As long as Sonic's out of SEGA's hands, than we are good.
Apparently the secret is to put him in a single-player game that either is an RPG or has RPG elements. (I'd argue that SSE is an RPG, myself, but I have a really broad definition. >_>)
Wait, no. Sonic and the Secret Rings had RPG elements, didn't it? I guess you're right. The secret is just to avoid Sega itself.

Iam Canadian

A Link to the Snitch said:
Gourmet Race should be a level in the SSE.

Or an event in Event Mode.

...You know, I can actually see that working. Play as Kirby, race Dedede through a Race to the Finish-style level, grabbing food items as you go.

Do it, Sakurai.

Scribble

Blimey, I totally forgot that Event Mode is returning.

Subspace Emissary AND Event Mode = Wow. Event Mode was probably one of the main attractions of Melee to me, and felt more 'SP campaign mode' than Adventure. Just too much.

Jiggy

Hmm. They'd have to modify Kirby and King Dedede's running speed to make them just about equal (both already have excellent abilities to go vertical, so it should be fine there), but in that Iwata Asks thing, Sakurai did say they'd changed some character parameters specifically for SSE in the first place.

I could really see Gourmet Race working! :D

Iam Canadian

Firestorm said:
If they make a Paint Roller Event like Kirby Canvas Curse I will be so so so very pissed off.

I love Kirby: Canvas Curse, but the boss fights were pretty poorly done overall. The Drawcia battle was cool, but the other bosses should have been actual fights, rather than stylus minigames.

Paint Roller in particular was squandered. Instead of a fun battle with him painting enemies and sending them at you (before Adeliene or whatever her name was did it in Kirby 64, no less), you have to just do glorified connect-the-dots puzzles. Fun. >_<

In Canvas Curse 2, they need to do real boss battles - including Whispy Woods, Paint Roller, Kracko, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright, Acro, Wham Bam Rock, and our favorite Dark Matter.

But back on-topic...

If we were to pick bosses from Kirby, I'd want Whispy Woods, King Dedede, Dark Matter, Kracko, and Paint Roller - although that may seem excessive.

Jiggy

Kracko for Subspace Emissary, or Dark Matter for Subspace Emissary, or bust. If I don't see one of them, I call squandered potential!
In fact, personally I'm still holding out hope that Sakurai punks out Nintendo and makes Dark Matter the last boss and the greatest villain of the entire Nintendo universe, stronger than Bowser and Ridley and Ganondorf combined, but maybe that's just fanboyism speaking. >_>

Edit: Did I say Bowser and Ridley and Ganondorf? I meant Giga Bowser, Omega Ridley, and Ganon.

Iam Canadian

I always did think that Kracko would be one of the best Kirby bosses to be represented in the Subspace Emissary. He'd be the worst nightmare of anyone without decent aerial attacks.

Besides, can't you just see him leading a brigade of those cloud enemies?

Sciz

I would have no objections to Dark Matter being the uber-bad guy of gaming.

Sonic list coming, but I'm only up to 1994 so far, and then I have to actually track everything down on Youtube. >_>

Iam Canadian

Scribble said:
I would actually like to see Marx make an appearance as a boss in the SSE.

It'd be worth it for his theme song alone.

Sciz said:
I would have no objections to Dark Matter being the uber-bad guy of gaming.

Neither would I. Even if he's not the most powerful Nintendo villain (that's Giygas, no question), there's no doubt that Dark Matter's insidious, corrupting nature, and his incorporeal nature makes him an ideal villain.

Jiggy

-Kracko or even a purple "Dark Kracko" leading cloud enemies would be... awesome.
-Marx would be... great.
-Marx's theme song would be... awesome.
-Giygas as a last boss would be... totally horrible, because it would be impossible for anybody to beat him. :lol

Unless, of course, Paula is in.

Twig

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
In Canvas Curse 2, they need to do real boss battles - including Whispy Woods, Paint Roller, Kracko, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright, Acro, Wham Bam Rock, and our favorite Dark Matter.

But back on-topic...

If we were to pick bosses from Kirby, I'd want Whispy Woods, King Dedede, Dark Matter, Kracko, and Paint Roller - although that may seem excessive.
God, I wish. ;_;

Jiggy37 said:
-Kracko or even a purple "Dark Kracko" leading cloud enemies would be... awesome.
-Marx would be... great.
-Giygas as a last boss would be... totally horrible, because it would be impossible for anybody to beat him. :lol

Unless, of course, Paula is in.

Obviously, there'd be a Paula/Jeff/Poo AT that will be story characters in the SSE.

Zek said:
Because he was so freaking good in SSB64.

He was the only character I used in 64 and then I remember I went to my friends house to play melee when it came out (I didn't have a cube at the time) and I used Kirby and got the shit kicked out of me, I never used him again after that. (until I got it myself and I used him to get his trophies in classic and adventure).

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
-Marx would be... great.

I second the Marx notion. Besides, outside of the upcoming KSS DS remake...where else are they going to use this guy? He's only had like one appearance in the Kirby series! And I personally would appreciate him more than yet another Dark Matter appearance (because if Dedede couldn't get "Dark Matter Install" for his Final Smash, then no DM at all!). :lol

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
OliveJuice said:
Did you not play as Kirby in SSB64?

Nope. Though, tbh between you and me and everyone else in this thread, I don't play as anyone that's not Mario or Dr. Mario. Seriously, the last non-Mario character I played as was Fox in Melee a few weeks ago, and that was like the first time since I played as Fox in 1999 when I first tried out SSB64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom