• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free copy of Xenoblade Chronicles to one fellow neoGAFer [Up: Where is the prize?!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasMarcos

Banned
3q6j7vcgb

q2ny1bvz3

Currently deployed on my second tour to Afghanistan, coming home in the next few days!

Been an RPG fan since I was a kid, raised on Phantasy Star IV, Shadow run, and Chrono Trigger. I have mostly collected pre-ps3 console and handheld games, really didn't get an opportunity to get into this Gen other than Vita, PSP, and DS titles due to always being in the field or deployed, but thankfully after this one I'll have some time stateside to catch up! Semper Fi and thanks for your consideration.

Pictures aren't working. :O

Jac_Solar

not bragging, just being honest. I live in a place where pirating was and still is a common thing, you can guess where. I no longer pirate things.

Huh? Is there a place where pirating is more common than anywhere else? I assume you're talking about pirating software.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I don't have a copy lol. That's the art and settings book in my photo. It's the only worthy one I found tho it's still lacking.

I know that, saw the pic. So you've got all that Xeno collection, complete with beautiful and expensive (but worth it!) artbooks and whatnot, have played multiple playthrough ot Xenosaga III in japanese with "perfect runs" plus you have own what seems to be from the photo a shrink wrapped copy, but haven't bought nor played Xenoblade JPN even tho it took ages to come over EU and then US (and we were mostly positive it would probably never make it over)... why? If you don't mind me asking of course. I'm honestly curious, contest's over anyway
edit: and I also fucked up by editing one of my previous posts with my entry instead of posting a new one on time so that DasMarcos could notice, lol

DasMarcos

Banned
The game goes to Dash Kappi! Congratulations. You have 24 hours to claim your prize and if you do not in that time frame it will go to my second choice.

Dash Kappei

The game goes to Dash Kappi! Congratulations. You have 24 hours to claim your prize and if you do not in that time frame it will go to my second choice.

HOLY. MOTHER. OF. GOD!

...I ...I don't know what to say man! o_O
I'm so, so freakin' happy! I've never won anything and as I'm the one who actually organize the iOS GAF Challenges I've always excluded myself from being eligible for the prizes. I really can't wait to finally be able to play this game, this time it's gonna be even better than what I had since from what I've read the US version plays more smoothly at 30fps instead of 25 like the PAL version does. Whoa. Still can't believe I've won, so rad and so generous of you man! :))))

I hope the other gaffers will not hate me for this :)
Anyway, I've sent you a pm.

tumblr_m2zwm0tkMK1qh59n0o1_500_large.png

katkombat

Banned
HOLY. MOTHER. OF. GOD!

...I ...I don't know what to say man! o_O
I'm so, so freakin' happy! I've never won anything and as I'm the one who actually organize the iOS GAF Challenges I've always excluded myself from being eligible for the prizes. I really can't wait to finally be able to play this game, this time it's gonna be even better than what I had since from what I've read the US version plays more smoothly at 30fps instead of 25 like the PAL version does. Whoa. Still can't believe I've won, so rad and so generous of you man! :))))

I hope the other gaffers will not hate me for this :)
Anyway, I've sent you a pm.

tumblr_m2zwm0tkMK1qh59n0o1_500_large.png
Congrats, it's one hell of a ride! :)

Rich!

Sorry for the necrobump, but you know what, I was just reading this thread:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=94918708#post94918708
and I thought that maybe it was time to let you guys know that this "contest" was a sham.
DasMarcos is just a sad attention whore who never had any intention of giving away the game.

Hahaha. And there I was (not seeing the date of the OP), ready to win the contest with this image:

Anyway, I hope bish or someone sees this thread. OP has a lot to answer for.

Kieli

If this is true, then completely not cool.

Don't put something up if you're not willing to give it away. If you're just trolling, then...

Riki

Haha and the worst part is this guy is "giving away" all sorts of things in the "Free to a Good Home Thread"
Feel sorry for the winners of that.

Dash Kappei

The fact that all this time has passed since the contest ended I think makes it pretty clear that I'm not doing this for the game anymore, but reading that "fake contest thread" spurred me into getting to read this thread once again and seeing all the praise for the OP and how generous he was, and me thanking him and being so happy to have finally won something for the first time... well it was pretty gross and so I've decided that maybe exposing this scam was the right thing to do after all.

This was the dude that posted in a bunch of threads that he was doing a Zelda CD give away instead of... just posting once and giving it away, so not exactly surprised he's desperate for attention.

Dash Kappei

This was the dude that posted in a bunch of threads that he was doing a Zelda CD give away instead of... just posting once and giving it away, so not exactly surprised he's desperate for attention.

He did the same here, read the OP, he posted in the FTAGH thread and then made this thread because it wasn't getting enough attention (his words) and he wanted as many gaffers as possible to have a chance to win this.
Except the chances were ever going to be less than 0% no matter how many threads he posted, lol

The fact that all this time has passed since the contest ended I think makes it pretty clear that I'm not doing this for the game anymore, but reading that "fake contest thread" spurred me into getting to read this thread once again and seeing all the praise for the OP and how generous he was, and me thanking him and being so happy to have finally won something for the first time... well it was pretty gross and so I've decided that maybe exposing this scam was the right thing to do after all.

Holy shit man, why didn't you say something earlier? What a douche :[

Did you send a PM to an Admin by any chance?

Dash Kappei

Holy shit man, why didn't you say something earlier? What a douche :[

Because almost immediately he guilt tripped me for asking when I could get the game by telling me he had a death in the family and because of that he hadn't had the time and such to address such a trivial matter and I, of course, felt like an idiot and told him to take all the time in the world. Then months started to go by, we exchanged a few PMs until he just straight stopped responding to me. I've finally sent him a couple more pms telling him I would out him and he didn't care to reply anyway. I've still got all the PMs from both of us.

LiK

Maybe he just forgot

Dash mentioned in other thread that he kept making excuses.

i'm really looking forward to seeing who gets his Majora's Mask CD.

Because almost immediately he guilt tripped me for asking when I could get the game by telling me he had a death in the family and because of that he hadn't had the time and such to address such a trivial matter and I, of course, felt like an idiot and told him to take all the time in the world. Then months started to pass, we exchanged a few PMs until he just straight stopped responding to me. I've still got all the PMs from both of us.

awesome, proof for the mods.

abrack08

9 month old thread backfire.

It's like the thread got pregnant with a backfire when the contest was started... and now it finally gave birth to the backfire-baby.

This is a weird analogy.

OP is pretty terrible though, definitely deserves a ban.

flippedb

Banned
I want the copy because I've always wanted to play Xenoblade, being it a highly regarded game on the Wii. The main factor I couldn't ever get it, was because it simply was never available in my country (Guatemala). Nintendo didn't bother bringing it here, so I basically lost my chance. I couldn't afford getting it from GameStop and shipping it here, since I didn't have the +$100 to buy it, and because the game doesn't interest anyone else but me in my household, I didn't get any help :(

akaoni

Banned
I want the copy because I've always wanted to play Xenoblade, being it a highly regarded game on the Wii. The main factor I couldn't ever get it, was because it simply was never available in my country (Guatemala). Nintendo didn't bother bringing it here, so I basically lost my chance. I couldn't afford getting it from GameStop and shipping it here, since I didn't have the +$100 to buy it, and because the game doesn't interest anyone else but me in my household, I didn't get any help :(

This thread is too good to not F5.

Crayons

Banned
Luckily for you the OP still has it in his possession 9 months later.

wow

I feel like a shitty person for laughing. The sincerity is there, but the knowledge of what this thread is...

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom