• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Info on Clinton

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign, according to three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it.

The meeting was also attended by his campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kushner only recently disclosed the meeting, though not its content, in confidential government documents described to The New York Times.

The Times reported the existence of the meeting on Saturday. But in subsequent interviews, the advisers and others revealed the motivation behind it.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/...gNews&contentID=65549760&pgtype=Homepage&_r=0

Kahoona

What the hell? Is this some kind of palace coup? Why else would White House advisors reveal stuff like this?

I bet a lot of White House staff are as fed up with Trump's bullshit as we are. Even if their politics align, it has to be aggravating seeing him nuke their agenda due to tweets. They can get the same agenda passed with Pence in office and much more smoothly.

Lil Marco

Banned
how many of these news articles does it take for GAF to realize that Trump and his cronies are basically above the law and only congress can remove him from office

Surfinn

I'm sure Trump is innocent, he's just dumb, right guys? Clearly he wouldn't know if his own fucking son did

RoKKeR

Oh boy.

Watching them twist their statement from yesterday today just goes to show how much shit they are in, and how they are trying to cover it up.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
What the hell? Is this some kind of palace coup? Why else would White House advisors reveal stuff like this?

There are clues like Graham attacking directly and pence auditioning sidekicks that make me think the House has seen the smoking gun and is getting ready move on. Even the failure of trumpcare may be a sign that the GPP is looking beyond trump to maybe a post resignation future.

Tales from my ass but my instincts have been reasonably warm during this.

gutshot

So if I'm reading this correctly, it sounds like Manafort and Kushner admitted this meeting occurred to investigators, but refused to reveal the reason for it. And now people within the WH are confirming it was due to Hillary oppo and that Jr. was also there?

how many of these news articles does it take for GAF to realize that Trump and his cronies are basically above the law and only congress can remove him from office

So, basically, stop discussing and reporting news because only an act of congress can remove a president?

Isak_Borg

I wish this would be the final nail in this clown's coffin but it isn't.

It's sad that our democracy is going to come out so damaged from this entire ordeal that a lot of future elections are going to get called into question.

kirblar

There are clues like Graham attacking directly and pence auditioning sidekicks that make me think the House has seen the smoking gun and is getting ready move on. Even the failure of trumpcare may be a sign that the GPP is looking beyond trump to maybe a post resignation future.

Tales from my ass but my instincts have been reasonably warm during this.
Pence has his own PAC now and is courting fundraisers. He's clearly prepping for a 2020 run. (lol)

kmax

Trump could literally come out and say that he rigged the election while holding Putin's hand, as they're showing the piss-tape right behind them in the background in Kremlin, and still nothing would happen.

When it comes to this man, the detachment has been astounding.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Of course, but right now it’s allegation and not evidence
Sure Bruce. You're just a casual observer who didn't vote for Trump.

I guess we can look back at all the prior allegations of this nature that were all disprove easily and didn't turn out to be true with the administration claiming it "forgot" and post dating disclosures.

Actually I know that happened almost every time but I forgot where I read it could you post a couple of those links?

theWB27

Watergate fallout happened because of an unnamed source.

Bruce thinks there's nothing here. Nothing really to go back and forth with them on. Since Trump hasn't been arrested they'll use that as better proof thatn what's out there.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wish Congress would act as fast as Bruce does posting nonsense in these threads.

Top Bottom