• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Info on Clinton

This seems like fucking huge news. This is the first time we've heard of anyone in Trump's admin actually trying to get damaging info about Hillary from Russians.

If Trump's son tried this with some random Russian lawyer, how many OTHER times did Trump/co attempt it?

There was Peter Smith looking to recruit Matt Tait to verify HRC emails:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.the...ked-emails-russia-trump-peter-smith-matt-tait

I wonder who's the source? Seems Manafort is spilling the beans? Can't imagine the others present would be.

Only a few people would have known about this meeting.

Zolo

So let's say all this stuff isn't prosecuted this term? What's their plan for when a Democrat begins office again and they're all taken to court without Trump as president anymore?

UberTag

Isn't this going to be the same what's "ethical" vs. what's "illegal", resulting in nothing?
Eventually. They have to get through another 5 or 6 rotations of lies that get refuted and proven groundless first.
THEN after being caught lying about it repeatedly will they make the argument that what they did wasn't illegal and only not ethical.

mjp2417

Banned
Jr's statement:

yesterday's statement:

012a94b4efb0ba1940d7ba48ded71d67.500x365x1.jpg

Is there anything about the timeline here or the people involved that would make it difficult for this to be a successful effort at collusion? At least an offer from the Russians, like "yo, we have the DNC emails & we'd like some sanctions removed. Think about it and get back to us with your answer". Because Don Jr admitting on the record that he tried to get damaging info from the Russians and was disappointed that he failed... is a very strange turn of events and there's zero chance we're getting the full story.

Why release this story on a Sunday afternoon?

Because Trump met with Putin on Friday, sucked his dick at G20, and the IC are moving at rapid speed to start attacking his traitorous ass.

Trump's dumb ass saying "Let's start a cyber department with Russia!" probably has everyone now working overtime on this shit, if they weren't already.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There's still the follow-up regarding the identity of this "acquaintance" to come. This story will keep going.

So again, you had assholes like Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, all knowing this shit maybe months ago since they're on the Intel Committees and were STILL fucking asking about Hillary's emails.

rambis

Banned
Holy shit. That NYT is basically a megaton if they are able to confirm it. I wonder why leak it?

Edit: Trump/Putin tweets. Yeah he's the biggest idiot.

NYT probably withheld this info yesterday to wait for a White House response. Now that we have that, NYT was like, "Yeah, about that..."

Holy shit. That NYT is basically a megaton if they are able to confirm it. I wonder why leak it?

Edit: Trump/Putin tweets. Yeah he's the biggest idiot.

It's confirmed by way of Trump Jr's statement already. He says he was there under the promise of getting dirt on Clinton but they never materialized.

Zolo

Five stages of Trumpism:

1. "It's a total lie, never happened, fake news."

2. "It happened, but it's not a big deal."

3. "OK it might be a big deal, but it isn't illegal."

4. "OK it's illegal, but Hillary and Obama something something, so it's OK."

5. "Get over it, libturd, you're just a sore loser."

I guess we're on #4 at the moment, though I find #5 is a constant.

NYT probably withheld this info yesterday to wait for a White House response. Now that we have that, NYT was like, "Yeah, about that..."
Not the first time they've done that.

rambis

Banned
Leak? It's a sourced news story.

Im guessing this is all highly classified material pertinent to the ongoing investigation and only a select few would have been privy to it. My question is why did that person want this published?

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Okay. He did it.

What's the consequences? And I don't mean like a smarky stream of tweets. Like real consequences.
Long term? We have no way to know.

Short term? Mueller adds Don Jr.'s photo to the board and gets out some string.

Zolo

So, early analysis: is this gonna be something substantial?

In all honesty, I wouldn't expect anything substantial to happen to Trump until Mueller's investigation finishes which should be when witnesses should have testimonies, evidence connected, etc.

Top Bottom