• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Info on Clinton

nelchaar

New:

"Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-russia-email-candidacy.html?_r=0

Holy shit. I hope they have that email, or at least Mueller does.

Holy shit. I hope they have that email, or at least Mueller does.

There hasn't been a single leak from the Mueller side which suggest they have a very serious tight ship there and supposedly have some serious damning info that makes today's news look like the classifieds.

New:

"Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-russia-email-candidacy.html?_r=0

He really is the Gob of the family

Mueller's job is too easy.

Lets wrap this up and have them all in jail by Christmas.
A true this point I imagine Mueller's job consists of him rolling out of bed at 12:37pm, walking over to his computer while brewing a large pot of coffee and refreshing "Trump", into Google news

Cowlick

Banned
He really is the Gob of the family

tumblr_nahh7dl6mX1twe13wo1_500.gif

But crooked Hillary did STEAL them questions for the presidential debate and by doing so handing 'merica to the FAKE NEWS agencies! Why doesn't anybody talk about this??? LOCK HER UP!

Mr Swine

Banned
With all this I believe when the time is right Trump will try to put this in a good light in a tweet, conference and Media.

He will tell the American people that he had to do this to protect America from the "real" crooks like Hillary Clinton, so he has done nothing wrong. That if she had won she would make US collapse

Vagabundo

I want to believe that this lawyer went in expecting some players, but got dumbasses. She dropped hints about what they wanted for the intel (Russian Adoption, i.e. Magnitsky Act) and Jr & co was just too dumb to realise what they were saying.

She reported home and the Russians had to come up with a new strategy to help the dumasses win.

Nerazar

With all this I believe when the time is right Trump will try to put this in a good light in a tweet, conference and Media.

He will tell the American people that he had to do this to protect America from the "real" crooks like Hillary Clinton, so he has done nothing wrong. That if she had won she would make US collapse

j4zazadi_jukqmf_lkkjdj.png

I really hope that will happen.

mclem

Seriously how is any of this real?

How can all these people be involved be so corrupt and so stupid?

Why did the entirety of society just not care what the orange moron did so he thought he was untouchable?

Ac30

Seriously how is any of this real?

How can all these people be involved be so corrupt and so stupid?

Why did the entirety of society just not care what the orange moron did so he thought he was untouchable?

I sometimes wish Pew/Gallup did a poll where they ask voters what their responses to Trump shooting someone on 5th avenue would be. It would probably be... enlightening.

Zolo

I sometimes wish Pew/Gallup did a poll where they ask voters what their responses to Trump shooting someone on 5th avenue would be. It would probably be... enlightening.

Just doing a poll to see who's okay if Trump colluded with Russia would probably be better.

Just doing a poll to see who's okay if Trump colluded with Russia would probably be better.

If they did that poll and 58% came back supporting Russia I bet the whole Trump camp would stop lying and say they did it for the people.

edit: In Fact if you wanted to Troll Trump you could easily fake that Poll result and tweeted to him and wait for the Retweet

obin_gam

If they did that poll and 58% came back supporting Russia I bet the whole Trump camp would stop lying and say they did it for the people.

edit: In Fact if you wanted to Troll Trump you could easily fake that Poll result and tweeted to him and wait for the Retweet

Someone needs to do this!

SomTervo

Most of it's in the OP and the NY Times article, but

- Saturday, NY Times released a story about a previously undisclosed meeting between DT Jr, Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner with a Russian lawyer in Trump Tower, which was allegedly put together to gather incriminating information about Hillary weeks after Donald won the RNC nomination in June 2016
- The meeting (but not its content) was only recently, retroactively revealed by Kushner and Manafort after their respective meetings with Congress
- Trump Jr released a statement Saturday saying the meeting happened, but it was about adopting Russian babies
- WH lawyers and chief of staff claim the meeting was organized by Steele's legal group as a false flag against the Trump admin
- Sunday, NYT releases a followup article with more details about who attended and what was discussed.
- Trump Jr releases an amended statement about what was discussed, now including the detail that he originally arranged the meeting under the pretext of getting information about Clinton, and that the lawyer then switched the subject to the US removing 2012 congressional sanctions placed on Russia for murdering a lawyer (which Putin responded to by banning the adoption of Russian babies to US citizens). He has subsequently tweeted that getting opposition research is no big deal, so he doesn't see why there's a fuss.
- Trump admin maintains he never knew about the meeting
- Trump Jr maintains that he did not tell Manafort and Kushner why the meeting was being arranged
- Russian government claims they have no idea who lawyer is (despite the fact that she represents numerous government officials)
- Between Sunday and today it was revealed the meeting was arranged by (and attended by) a close Trump family friend (who was staying in Trump tower at the time according to his own social media, which he's tried to wipe in the interim), at the behest of a Russian business man/musician who is also a close personal friend of Trump (he was in the guy's music video after meeting him at the 2013 Miss Universe pageant).
- The Trump family friend has since released an official statement saying he did arrange the meeting, and for whom.

Nice, thanks

i do hope we'll get a "You can't handle the truth!" moment from someone in the Trump camp before this is over. that would be totally crazy.

Can we fucking impeach yet? The fucking boat is taking on water and we can see the shoreline, but oh no, we need to wait and see if they can stop the boat from sinking first.

KingV

But what I really want to know is do posters with the initials of bs now believe this, now that it is being confirmed by the Trumps, or do they need a signed confession written in blood?

Said poster and another poster with initials HH will absolutely avoid this topic for like 2 weeks, and then be back to muddy the waters once Trump finally settles on his defense.

Bleepey

NPR is going to have to do hourly podcasts.

Today's show was recorded at 11.00 AM Trump did.....

Today's show was recorded at 12.43PM. Yeah we can't believe what we recorded so soon either

Think of the kind of person who'd call into a POTUS radio channel.

They are not the majority.

I disagree. We've watched for years as religious people held their nose and voted for someone because they were against abortion even though the other candidate would have been better for the country. We saw it happen with Bush especially. I live in a republican district in the bible belt and people voted for Bush again after he got a ton of kids FROM MY DISTRICT KILLED, because he was against abortion and didn't want two dudes to get married.

Now look at today. Evangelicals were for Trump, a guy who is the furthest thing from Christian that you could put on the ballot, and they still voted for him because he's against abortion and he's a good Christian. Hillary couldn't be a christian because she hung around Bill, and Bill and Obama are leftist communist muslim pig dogs who hate America. That's what they think. Let's not act like religion doesn't give some people blinders, because it absolutely does and those blinders will cause people to act and vote against their own self interests and the good of the nation. Let's check the score here, we KNOW Donald Trump has cheated millions of people out of money. We know he's been bankrupt 6 times. We know he hasn't paid taxes. We know he looks up to dictators. We know he's a pretty awful human being, but the religions right voted for him. Why? Because he said he's a republican, he said he wanted to put Hilary in jail and he said he wants abortion to be illegal. No one cares about the possible damage he will cause to the planet when they're embracing their religion that says people having abortions are perverting god's will and that they're murdering babies. All logic goes out the window.

I'd also point out that the love affair the right has with Putin and how he's a strong leader. The same ass clowns spouting this shit about Putin, people like Hannity and the like on Fox News are also "christians" and talk about God and County and all that nonsense. I've never met a super religious person that wasn't a republican. And I live in the Bible belt. Religion and the right go hand in hand and if people think someone is a christian and the other isn't (look at the way the right painted Obama as a muslim since his election) then they'll side with the christian. Even if he is a monster like Putin. Writing that off that person as a crank is pretty short sighted because a good chunk of the country thinks this. Half the country thinks Noah's Ark was real and that the planet isn't in danger from climate change because god wouldn't let that happen. We have representatives bringing snowballs into congress and saying that's proof that climate change isn't real. C'mon.

Top Bottom