• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Info on Clinton

Jopie

The next season of Arrested Development is just going to be Ron Howard narrating clips from the Trump family over the last year.

jstripes

Banned
Yeah, it's become clear why Jr. would risk such a meeting during the election. Agalarov know where the bodies are buried. You want to keep him happy. Hell, I even believe that Jr. didn't know who he was meeting with. Agalarov has enough pull to force a meeting no questions asked.

I saw speculation that any prostitutes that Trump may have been involved with in Russia were "silenced", so anyone with that kind of knowledge, like the guy who probably procured them for him... yeah.

Speculation, but that's how things work over there in those circles.

I saw speculation that any prostitutes that Trump may have been involved with in Russia were "silenced", so anyone with that kind of knowledge, like the guy who probably procured them for him... yeah.

Speculation, but that's how things work over there in those circles.

Oh yea, 100% agree.

Can you imagine all of this unraveling by a flipped hooker that was at the piss party?

No way in hell a man like Putin would take a chance, no matter how slim.

jstripes

Banned
Oh yea, 100% agree.

Can you imagine all of this unraveling by a flipped hooker that was at the piss party?

No way in hell a man like Putin would take a chance, no matter how slim.

At the same time, as much as that's all very possible, let's not let this spiral into a Pizzagate level conspiracy delusion.

avaya

The dossier was put together by an MI6 agent, head of the Russia desk.

A real life James Bond, albeit now retired and working privately, put this together. Do you think MI6 hires cretins and charlatans?

I trusted it from the beginning, there has been nothing so far to suggest the dossier is in fact wrong in any of its major claims (piss tape aside).

The next season of Arrested Development is just going to be Ron Howard narrating clips from the Trump family over the last year.

OLpIuc3.gif

Boke1879

I hope to God after 4 or 8 years people stop bitching about "optics" after this shit show.

We all know dems would make that a huge sticking point.

The dossier was put together by an MI6 agent, head of the Russia desk.

A real life James Bond, albeit now retired and working privately, put this together. Do you think MI6 hires cretins and charlatans?

I trusted it from the beginning, there has been nothing so far to suggest the dossier is in fact wrong in any of its major claims (piss tape aside).
I haven't seen any evidence that the piss tape isn't real.

Not that I personally care about that part of the dossier.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i don't think his sarcasm is going to hold up like he wants to. he's confirming the subject of the meeting *again* LOL

if only his father didn't blurt out request helps to the Russians to release the same emails that his son just had a meeting about with the same country his father asked for help
The thing is, they've now had an opportunity to defang this news. Republicans and Trumps base give zero fucks about this to begin with but if the Trumps are successful in disarming allegations like this with "so what? Everyone does it in campaigns" it just strengthens their media witch hunt victim stance and means the next revelations about meetings will be similarly dismissed as just regular campaign tactics.

avaya

I haven't seen any evidence that the loss tape isn't real.

Not that I personally care about that part of the dossier.

Same here but I also think it's also the part that would be hardest to find actual evidence of (unless they have intercepts).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Love this tweet:

Sopan Deb @SopanDeb

Speaking of adoption, we are a couple hours from a Trump tweet that says Don Jr is adopted.

KingV

I must have forgotten that those Clinton allies were working for her campaign.

Also humorous is it's heavily rumoured that the FBI, at some point, began paying Steele directly.

A rumor they will neither confirm nor deny.

androvsky

Here's a fun little reminder paragraph from Rolling Stone, don't think it's been posted in this thread yet.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-way-to-fire-in-the-trump-russia-saga-w491539
The Russian intermediary who met with Trump Jr., Kushner and Manafort last June is a top-flight lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya. According to The Times, she represents Russian state-owned businesses and members of the Moscow elite, whose questionable activities had attracted the FBI's dogged attention long before the encounter with Trump's team. (Indeed, one of the strangest – hilarious, even – aspects of all this is that operatives in Trump's sphere kept meeting Russians whose every move, meeting and communication were already being tracked and transcribed by the U.S. intelligence community.)

I'm inclined to doubt that meeting was recorded as it would have been one hell of a smoking gun very early on, unless they were actually a bit circumspect and more context was needed.

andymcc

Banned
Remember that scene on the yacht in Wolf of Wall Street?

"You mind saying that just one more time, a little louder? Into the microphone?"

They just don't know when you shut up. And this is after he just threw money at legal counsel!

do you think don jr. has quaaludes hemmed into his blazer lining.

Here's a fun little reminder paragraph from Rolling Stone, don't think it's been posted in this thread yet.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-way-to-fire-in-the-trump-russia-saga-w491539

I'm inclined to doubt that meeting was recorded as it would have been one hell of a smoking gun very early on, unless they were actually a bit circumspect and more context was needed.

Maybe the IC wasn't on top of this meeting. Maybe.

But the Russians probably recorded it for possible future "leverage".

Only an idiot goes into a private room with these people for a secret meeting.

Red

Yes. If they weren't all so completely stupid and bad at everything they'd be getting away with all this.
And in the meantime they are pushing legislation, handling foreign relations, and shaping the future of American politics.

cameron

Lol, I just read he got a lawyer now. Its like everyone tied to Trump has a lawyer, hell the lawyers have lawyers!

Recap via WaPo Analysis: The galaxy of lawyers defending Team Trump on the Russia probe gets another star
Trump Jr. hired Alan Futerfas. Futerfas is a criminal defense attorney in New York.

Michael Cohen — Trump’s personal lawyer — hired Stephen Ryan in mid-June. Ryan is a former assistant U.S. attorney with experience prosecuting criminal cases.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Jr. is such a fucking idiot. Admitting to treason on Twitter.

Remember none of them disclose this meeting on their background checks.

Limericking @Limericking

A chap at the president’s side
Who earlier publicly lied
Now says though he hid
The business he did,
He didn’t collude—he just tried.

norm9

Damn, dude representing Trump Jr also represented the Gambino crime family as recently as 2012. That's top notch criminal defense. They were convicted though.

Top Bottom