• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PC |OT| It's been a long time...

I don't think it would spoil the experience. It would spoil a few things about one characters fate, but it doesn't actually really ruin any twists enough that PW is irrelevant (since PW has a big focus on Big Boss himself).

Uhhhhhh yes it freaking does.

Play Peace Walker first if you're planning on paying it anywY.

If you close your eyes it sounds like an episode of 24, we need a Jack Bauer skin for Snake :D.

We need a David Hayter voice mod.

Corgi

Banned
how much story stuff is in this? $13 is a decent price to give me a taste of how modern MGS games play.

But... i'm still midway through mgs 2 lol. Not sure if I can finish all the main games before 5 T___T

pahamrick

Cross post from Steam thread.

Performance on Ground Zeroes is amazing.

I'm running it on an i7 920 @3.8ghz HT OFF and 5870 Crossfire and getting a pretty steady 60fps at 1080p with everything on high but texture filtering which is extra high. I've had a couple dips into the low 50s randomly but it seems to last less than a second and goes right back up, mostly during cinematics and when zooming with the binocs.

Super impressed with how its been running for me considering my hardware.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Kept getting an invalid CD key error when trying to register my key from GMG (presumably because of traffic) and now I guess I'm prevented from attempting to register one for a while. That's terrific, Valve.

Lemonte

Game runs so good on my gtx 760 and 4670k. Frame rate is solid even on very high settings. Feels so good to hit good fps after trying to play AC:U for past week sub 25fps

JB2448

Kept getting an invalid CD key error when trying to register my key from GMG (presumably because of traffic) and now I guess I'm prevented from attempting to register one for a while. That's terrific, Valve.

Don't worry, you're not alone. That makes it even better, right?

BNGames

COOLER MASTER HAF X Blue Edition
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS800-80GAD3-US 800W
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)
EVGA 04G-2983-KR GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 ACX 2.0 PCI Express 3.0
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS
SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Getting 60fps on max settings 1920x180 with some random dips in the high 50's.

Very interested in your results. What settings are you playing at to manage 60? Was going to wait on this till I upgraded but you're giving me hope!

At 1080p?

All low (except I think texture-filtering is stuck at medium for some reason, I can't drop it lower than that), and I'm hopping between 1280x800 and 1600x900.

I think the 560 could manage 1080p at all low settings, but it'll get quite hot

Oh I almost forgot I maxed EVERYTHING out and hit 45 at 1280x800... which is fucking incredible (went full jet engine but MAN it looked good)

I think i'll reinstall windows and clean my internals after work, see if I can't squeeze some more settings outa this bad boy

UnrealEck

Core i7 920 @ 3.9GHz
GTX 770 2GB
6GB RAM

SSAO set to High.
Everything else set to Extra High (maximum)
1920x1080
Solid 60 FPS.

Can turn SSAO up to Extra High but it drops to about 55 FPS occasionally.

Game isn't spectacular in the graphics department so it's understandable why it performs so well.

COOLER MASTER HAF X Blue Edition
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS800-80GAD3-US 800W
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)
EVGA 04G-2983-KR GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 ACX 2.0 PCI Express 3.0
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS
SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Getting 60fps on max settings 1920x180 with some random dips in the high 50's.

with that rig you should never go below 60fps at that resolution

longdi

Banned
Still has hints of last gen graphics but everything looks pretty damn sharp.

290X here, and it ramps up my fan loud, averaging about 75Dc for a 20min trial test on extra high. Its not silky 60fps, but i am also running 2560x1600. Nice support for 16:10

ShaunBRS

2500K @ 4.5GHz and SLI 970s are getting me 50–60fps maxed out @ 4K.

60fps solid (so far) with shadows and SSAO down from extra high > high.

Wounded

Uhhhhhh yes it freaking does.

Play Peace Walker first if you're planning on paying it anywY.

We need a David Hayter voice mod.

Of course my recommendation would be to play Peace Walker first, but I don't think it's as important as say 1,2 and 3 were to 4. That's just the impression I get from they direction TPP story is going.

Nete

i5 2500k without OC, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 760 wtih 2GB here. Everything maxed out at 1080, 42fps is the lowest I've seen.

I haven't installed the beta drivers tho. I will test now.

EDIT: With beta drivers, it doesn't go below 47fps. Great port.

Pachimari

I'm playing this with everything on extra high, an unlocked framerate and it keeps a steady 60fps in 1080p on my rig. GTX 780, Intel i5 4670K 4C/4T and 16GB of RAM.

How can I downsample it though? I think I see a little aliasing and there's some small lighting problems when changing the camera angle.

Dimmle

MGSV just won't feel as special without Hayter's trademark gravel. I still can't wait to see how dumb it gets, though.

i5-4690K, 8 GB RAM, R9 290X (Omega Driver)

I put every setting at the highest they could go at 1080p to see how it ran and it was pretty smooth but could tell it slowed down at points as I was going around. I didn't have FRAPS up to see but I'd imagine tweaking some of the settings back will smooth it out. I\ll test it out further with some changes later on once I have time to really play around with it.

Miguel81

AMD 8320/r290 with 8GB RAM. It's smooth sailing at 1920 x 1080 after I lower shadows and SSAO to high. KB/M and DS4 w/ DS4Windows both work perfectly. Lovin' the 7.1 audio as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
well then goodbye kiefer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just wait until people find out how to replace the sound files, then it's just a matter of begging paying Hayater to voice the lines of Big Boss. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I fired up the game to see what all the hoohah is all about (I have no idea what the hell I am doing or meant to be doing, don't have a bloody clue who anyone is in this game but what the hell).

Surprised at how it runs on the PC. Just for laughs and giggles I whacked everything on Extra High and for the most part my PC managed 60fps with the odd drop here and there. Not bad for a 3 year old i5 2500k @ 3.5ghz, 8gbs RAM and a GTX 670 4GB. This is of course at 1080p

I think they were a bit overly cautious with their Min/Rec specs if I am honest. Only played the first mission might come back to it later.

If you don't want to deal with the nuuvem stuff you can get it at GMG for $10.72 with this code:

DECEMB-202014-GREENM

Also helps that their servers aren't melting like valve's were for me.

Was it possible for enemies to accidentally run over their comrades without any intervention from you? Because that totally just happened lol. Got past the first searchlight, one of the guards on the road just got run down by that jeep that comes along.

Pachimari

I'm playing this with everything on extra high, an unlocked framerate and it keeps a steady 60fps in 1080p on my rig. GTX 780, Intel i5 4670K 4C/4T and 16GB of RAM.

How can I downsample it though? I think I see a little aliasing and there's some small lighting problems when changing the camera angle.

When I'm downsampling from 2715x1527 the framerate can dip down to 27fps I noticed. Anyone else downsampling?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this debuted at $13.39? Sweet. Third time buying this!

DECEMB-202014-GREENM

on green man is totally working. picked it up for 10.72 and my serial registered without a problem.

kind of beaten. also picked up rising for super cheap. So much metal gear.

Top Bottom