• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You're just making a big assumption (not sure from what) about what I think or know. What I think is clear, I want a Superman or Ninja Turtles game.....the latter, with free-flow.

Because you seem to think that having an Inception game means you can't get the Superman or TMNT game you want.

That's what I got from your post at least.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Because you seem to think that having an Inception game means you can't get the Superman or TMNT game you want.

That's what I got from your post at least.

Ohh that.... you're right we could get both. Still, an inception game as exclusive for Sony would be a poor get - just speculating obviously. I mean, how do you translate the lore into gameplay form? Safer bet: Superman or Ninja Turtles, just on brand recognition alone, even if Superman is the most risky out of the two. And no, of course I don't think WB is only one studio. I consume too many games from them + I keep up with studio/publisher talk.

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/602195979455045632

Guy knows his shit. Though his shit is usually more in Nintendo waters tbf

edit: see I'm beaten, so I'll just talk about his timeline, where he says no new Sonic game afahk ;_;

Well, nice to hear, except the bold.

Boke1879

Please no movies or TV shows at E3.

Please. I beg you, Sony. Please.

Seriously if they spend any more time talking about TV shows and movies at E3 we gotta tweet shu and tell him to keep that stuff outta this event.

Save that stuff for CES or something. E3 should be focused on gaming and gaming related content.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Ohh that.... you're right we could get both. Still, an inception game as exclusive for Sony would be a poor get. I mean, how do you translate the lore into gameplay form? Safer bet, Superman or Ninja Turtles, just on brand recognition alone, even if Superman is the most risky out of the two.

I can see your points there, and I do doubt it's a PS4 exclusive. But the gameplay can be done since we're working on the base that the settings are dreams, allowing for crazy stuff to happen.

Raysod

Banned
Third person I think. Shinobi talked about it a longgg time ago --- I can't recall well.

The only information we have on the matter is from neogaf user Shinobi602 (which always has great inside info) that said that it is not a first person shooter...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115166722&postcount=53

But from the leaked assets that we have and the talks of this thread below, I believe it would be an FPS, or a hybrid FPS,TPS...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831349

Also i believe that with morpheus soon to be released, most of the first party Sony games will have some support for the headset...

And horror games are the best software to showcase the VR tech...

We shall find out soon i guess ha ha ha

GnawtyDog

Banned
The only information we have on the matter is from neogaf user Shinobi602 (which always has great inside info) that said that it is not a first person shooter...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831349

We shall find out soon i guess ha ha ha

Edit- Beaten: The leaked assets where from a different dev and game named Scorn. A dev from that studio even took part on that thread.

What I found out revisiting that thread is that Bamelin is banned. How did that happen?

GnawtyDog

Banned
Obviously a TLOU/RE4 game is very welcome, but only as long as their minds are in the right place. Sony doesn't need another Order.

I am not sure you can encapsulate a cinematic experience in an open world game. You would have to try really hard. At least when we look at the Order.

Luke_Wal

The real question about the Suicide Squad game: is it the lineup from the movie, or from the comics? And does it use this "switching characters mid-battle" system from Arkham Knight?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The real question about the Suicide Squad game: is it the lineup from the movie, or from the comics? And does it use this "switching characters mid-battle" system from Arkham Knight?

It's probably comics, and probably uses Assault on Arkham (which is part of the Arkhamverse) as a backdrop, I think. I've yet to watch the movie, so I can't really say for sure.

EDIT: That's not to say that they won't try to use the movie as a way to promote the game, and the other way around too.

Boke1879

It's probably comics, and probably uses Assault on Arkham (which is part of the Arkhamverse) as a backdrop, I think. I've yet to watch the movie, so I can't really say for sure.

EDIT: That's not to say that they won't try to use the movie as a way to promote the game, and the other way around too.

Is there really a suicide squad game in the works? Or are we just hopeful?

Prediction: The Uncharted Collection is going to get an "available now!" or very soon release date at E3. If such a collection exists, they need to release it far enough in advance of Uncharted 4 to get more U4 potential buyers at the $60 price point.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think they'll leave it for Fall though, to compensate for the loss of U4.

El_Chino

Expect something like the TLOU port and you'll probably be happier, if it's out this holiday anyway
I am but I just don't think a simple uprez and framerate boost will make the first Uncharted look much better. It was a launch title, visually it hasn't aged well at all.

I think they'll leave it for Fall though, to compensate for the loss of U4.

If they release in the Fall, previous Uncharted players may not double dip because of all the 3rd party releases coming at that time. It would get swallowed by the other releases.

We don't know what else Sony might have planned for the Fall. Since U4 was previously planned to be out in the Fall, then their plan had to include a spring/summer 2015 release of the collection.

Jigolo

Prediction: The Uncharted Collection is going to get an "available now!" or very soon release date at E3. If such a collection exists, they need to release it far enough in advance of Uncharted 4 to get more U4 potential buyers at the $60 price point.

I doubt it. Sony is pretty much stacked for 1 notable release each month for the rest of this year and UC collection just seems right in October/November. The year in general has been great for Sony exclusive games (and games in general, there has been a notable release each month. 2015 is pretty good.

Sony (console) games for the year (and notable/big games not exclusive):

January - Grim Fandango Remastered
February - The Order 1886
March - Bloodborne, MLB The Show 2015
April - (Mortal Kombat X)
May - (Witcher 3), Ultra Street Fighter 4
June - (Batman Arkham Knight)
July - God of War 3 Remastered
August - maybe Tearaway Unfolded, Until Dawn, RIME
September - (Metal Gear Solid V), maybe Tearaway Unfolded, Until Dawn, RIME
October - Uncharted Collection, maybe Tearaway Unfolded, Until Dawn, RIME
November - maybe Tearaway Unfolded, Until Dawn, RIME
December - -------

jmaine_ph

I agree. I think an August release date is perfect.

If they release in the Fall, previous Uncharted players may not double dip because of all the 3rd party releases coming at that time. It would get swallowed by the other releases.

We don't know what else Sony might have planned for the Fall. Since U4 was previously planned to be out in the Fall, then their plan had to include a spring/summer 2015 release of the collection.

I think releasing the Uncharted collection in late September or early October would be the best time. It'll be after MGSV and before Halo 5 + all the AAA 3rd party games while taking advantage in the uptick in sales after summer.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Seriously if they spend any more time talking about TV shows and movies at E3 we gotta tweet shu and tell him to keep that stuff outta this event.

Save that stuff for CES or something. E3 should be focused on gaming and gaming related content.

It's really like people forget E3 is not for them and is for investors, shareholders and the press!

Welfare

SCE presents, Powers: The Video Game

Boke1879

It's really like people forget E3 is not for them and is for investors, shareholders and the press!

I get that. But most people attending E3 are attending it for gaming coverage. Same with people watching.

I have no issue if they mention it in passing but if they spend more than 5 minutes on it I just feel it's not needed.

Or that even if Shu agrees with 'us', it doesn't mean he gets the final say on what makes it into the press conference.

He's the highest ranking employee on public communication channels and undoubtedly someone with a lot of say into what goes into these conferences, but he's one stakeholder out of several.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom