• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LordPhoque said:
Is this kind of post allowed ? I mean it's the comparison thread, not the "let's all troll about GT/Forza thread", amirite ?
You haven't been paying attention have you? :lol

jaypah

imtehman said:
i think his serious tone is indicative of how passionate he is about the ps3 and GT5. props to him

props? that's a fucking cry for help! Yamauchi ain't passionate as that guy.

Cheeto said:
Is it the Blu-Ray or TEH Cell?? Or is it the 7600GT? or is it the GREAT SCOTTS MARTY, we've somehow slipped into the year 2006

nib95

Banned
elrechazao said:
But 3 is a better number than 5, and orange is better than black.

I disagree with both of those, seeing as how 5 is my lucky number and Black and Blue my fave colours (nothing to do with GT5 mind). That said, I still have a bad feeling about GT5. So tits to number 5 bringing luck lol.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Truthfully though, the only losers here are those getting only one of these fine games. A proper racing/sim fan would definitely own both.

chopstick

Banned
gt5prologuegm5.jpg

Real time damage/deformation simulation.

AZ Greg

Redbeard said:
As I said before it's not Turn 10's fault - it's a hardware limitation.

Wait, so we can use the least flattering shots of these games to take shots at their respective consoles ala Redbeard now?

Looking forward to this thread devolving to RSX vs. Xenos, Cell vs. Xenon, etc... in the next 24 hours.

elrechazao said:
Yeah, no way to tell that might happen by actually...reading the thread title :lol
true story. still...epic fanboy circle jerking.

I thought we had more objective posters here. Looks like GS' System Wars. :lol

XiaNaphryz

AZ Greg said:
Wait, so we can use the least flattering shots of these games to take shots at their respective consoles ala Redbeard now?

Looking forward to this thread devolving to RSX vs. Xenos, Cell vs. Xenon, etc... in the next 24 hours.
No worries, the mods have a plan for this thread. Remember the GTA4 comparison thread?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
One thing that's been bugging me about that Forza 458 Italia trailer is how the Italia beat the Enzo in a straight line so easily. I'm pretty sure that's not possible in real life unless the Enzo driver lets the Italia pass him.

Anyways, honestly the gameplay is a wash, neither game has a much better driving experience or physics than the other, or atleast not better enough to proclaim one game better than the other in that aspect, however I much much prefer the looks of the cars in GT5 than Forza. The cars in GT5 actually look real whereas Forza's cars don't, and in a car racing game I think how a car looks is more important to me than how pretty the environment looks.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the G25 at a nice, non-raping price once the G27 is released.

Redbeard

Banned
Once you accept it's a hardware limitation then it becomes easier to accept why FM3 looks considerably worse than GT5P (let alone GT5).

And as I said before it's no fault of the developers I'm sure Turn 10 could have achieved 1080p and 16 cars had Forza 3 been on PS3.

jett

D-Member
chopstick said:
http://talkplaystation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gt5prologuegm5.jpg[IMG]

Real time damage/deformation simulation.[/QUOTE]

I think that picture was revealed to being fake before damage was actually shown at E3.

imtehman

Banned
Redbeard said:
Once you accept it's a hardware limitation then it becomes easier to accept why FM3 looks considerably worse than GT5.

And as I said before it's no fault of the developers I'm sure Turn 10 could have achieved 1080p and 16 cars had Forza 3 been on PS3.

Can you detail the limitations in depth for me, i'm console illiterate

Redbeard blinks. It couldn't be. But it is. Staring at the other cars on the street, he can clearly tell. They are low-poly and jaggy. Terrible lighting. But this is real-life. Shaking, his hands grip the wheel as he notices the incredible lighting and texturing on his car's interior. So perfect. So beautiful.

The Forza cars drive by, inferior, ugly. They show no respect. Redbeard's knuckles are white as he grasps the wheel even harder, his teeth grinding together. How dare they. How dare they be so insolent. People are beginning to honk, for the light is green. Redbeard cares not. The fools have probably never seen more than 8 cars on a road at once. Idiots. Morons. Pieces of fucking shit. He knows what he must do.

Redbeard slams on the accelerator as his car barrels through the real world at 1080p. It's more beautiful than the old reality could ever be. But it is polluted and defiled. The pollutants must be eliminated. Redbeard slams his car into the Forzashits at high speed and watches as the crumple and roll over like the scum they are. His wheels grind up their cages and their drivers' bones. He turns his eyes towards the sidewalk. Horrified onlookers scream at the godly Car that can attack others and simply bounce off. But to Redbeard, they all have the laughing face of Evil Fucker Che Chou. He takes off towards them, too fast for Che's pathetic feet. Cheblood for the Dark Lord Kazunori. His car, no, HE, he and his car are one, absorbs the Cheblood and combusts the Cheblood and expels fumes of Cheblood and the smell of the burnt Cheblood reaches Kazunori in the high plain of Polyphony and He is most pleased at His servant. More and more blood.

The city is now a lake of blood and Redbeard is its pirate king, driving through the blood, taking in the offering to the master. Suddenly a bulge appears in the blood and what should burst from it in a sickening shower of crimson but a Chewhale, blowing lies and bullshots through its blowhole. Redbeard smiles. A worthy offering for the master. He glides through the blood now to strike down the abomination when it turns and opens its mouth. Inside is merely a massive tire with a perfect rim, with individually modeled lug nuts. Redbeard is frozen. No. No. No. His car disappears into the maw and the world and heavens are swallowed by the Chewhale.

He awakes with a scream. Redbeard looks around his room and the gleaming light of his PLAYSTATION 3 and PLAYSTATION 3 Slim assures him that it was just the dream again. It's becoming more and more frequent now. More real. Redbeard looks at the nightstand. His keys stare back at him.

"Soon, my master, soon."

Redbeard said:
Once you accept it's a hardware limitation then it becomes easier to accept why FM3 looks considerably worse than GT5P (let alone GT5).

To bad both Turn 10 and DP don't make a PC version, can you imagine how much better it would be than on either console?

Yeah I went there =p

imtehman

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Redbeard blinks. It couldn't be. But it is. Staring at the other cars on the street, he can clearly tell. They are low-poly and jaggy. Terrible lighting. But this is real-life. Shaking, his hands grip the wheel as he notices the incredible lighting and texturing on his car's interior. So perfect. So beautiful.

The Forza cars drive by, inferior, ugly. They show no respect. Redbeard's knuckles are white as he grasps the wheel even harder, his teeth grinding together. How dare they. How dare they be so insolent. People are beginning to honk, for the light is green. Redbeard cares not. The fools have probably never seen more than 8 cars on a road at once. Idiots. Morons. Pieces of fucking shit. He knows what he must do.

Redbeard slams on the accelerator as his car barrels through the real world at 1080p. It's more beautiful than the old reality could ever be. But it is polluted and defiled. The pollutants must be eliminated. Redbeard slams his car into the Forzashits at high speed and watches as the crumple and roll over like the scum they are. His wheels grind up their cages and their drivers' bones. He turns his eyes towards the sidewalk. Horrified onlookers scream at the godly Car that can attack others and simply bounce off. But to Redbeard, they all have the laughing face of Evil Fucker Che Chou. He takes off towards them, too fast for Che's pathetic feet. Cheblood for the Dark Lord Kazunori. His car, no, HE, he and his car are one, absorbs the Cheblood and combusts the Cheblood and expels fumes of Cheblood and the smell of the burnt Cheblood reaches Kazunori in the high plain of Polyphony and He is most pleased at His servant. More and more blood.

The city is now a lake of blood and Redbeard is its pirate king, driving through the blood, taking in the offering to the master. Suddenly a bulge appears in the blood and what should burst from it in a sickening shower of crimson but a Chewhale, blowing lies and bullshots through its blowhole. Redbeard smiles. A worthy offering for the master. He glides through the blood now to strike down the abomination when it turns and opens its mouth. Inside is merely a massive tire with a perfect rim, with individually modeled lug nuts. Redbeard is frozen. No. No. No. His car disappears into the maw and the world and heavens are swallowed by the Chewhale.

He awakes with a scream. Redbeard looks around his room and the gleaming light of his PLAYSTATION 3 and PLAYSTATION 3 Slim assures him that it was just the dream again. It's becoming more and more frequent now. More real. Redbeard looks at the nightstand. His keys stare back at him.

"Soon, my master, soon."

epic.

XiaNaphryz

SuperEnemyCrab said:
To bad both Turn 10 and DP don't make a PC version, can you imagine how much better it would be than on either console?

Yeah I went there =p
That's what the thread is missing - the PC elitists championing "true racing sims." Unfortunately, I don't think there are many of those around here...maybe isamu can fill in? ;)

jaypah

XiaNaphryz said:
That's what the thread is missing - the PC elitists championing "true racing sims." Unfortunately, I don't think there are many of those around here...maybe isamu can fill in? ;)

what happened to brain_stew? i'm not sure if he likes sims, but damn if he doesn't love him some PeeCee.

Cheeto

EmCeeGramr said:

"Soon, my master, soon."
jesus christ :lol :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Chinner said:
you fukking chumps can argue over shit like forza 3 and gt5 all day long, but EVERY PERSON KNOWS that MARIO KART IS THE FUKKING BEST driving game ever. also i have proof that bishop is a scientologist.
54ahza.jpg

picture of baby playing gt5/forza 3:
2afby51.jpg

picture of babby playing mario kart:
1q4uu9.jpg

also throwing in death to america
this is in the top100 posts I've read on this forum and I've been here since 2001.

jett

D-Member
EmCeeGramr said:

"Soon, my master, soon."

:lol dear god

jaypah said:
props? that's a fucking cry for help! Yamauchi ain't passionate as that guy.

whoa, dude....relax. this is supposed to be a fun thread, calm down man.

You've been on my case? What's up? Yes, I'm passionate about GT. Because I've been playing GT for a while now. I hate it when people bash GT with no absolute facts to back up their claims. Like I've been asking for one thing, people keep claiming as if it's a fact that Forza Motorsport 3 has better physics than GT5, how so? Prove it. It ain't that hard. I prefer legitimate points, counter-points etc...

How about you get off my case and mind your own shit.

@ That other dude who said I was passionate about GT, yes I am. Ps3? No. It's my favorite console by far though. Play it the most. I own all 3 consoles.

Recoil

EmCeeGramr said:

"Soon, my master, soon."

rZJeM.gif

jett said:
This thread is getting boring, let's end this shit already.

gran-turismo-5-prologue-20070920030131071.jpg

/thread

Am I the only one who looks at that picture and thinks - Holy fuck the track looks atrocious?

I honestly couldn't give a shit whether GT5 or FM3 is the better/prettier game, but the track detail on that shot is fucking awful - especially in the top left corner with the sand etc.

At least the car models look fantastic.

Edit: Which game is it from?

EmCeeGramr said:

"Soon, my master, soon."
cat_happy_clapping_lg_nwm.gif

ghst

thanks for the laugh
XiaNaphryz said:

we've got trackmania 2. we take reality and make it better.

EmCeeGramr said:

"Soon, my master, soon."
*faints*

Top Bottom