• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X koming to mobile too

Zubz

Banned
Didn't they promise mostly new characters(or at least a lot of new ones) when they revealed the game?! Now most of the characters are returning MK9 characters, very disappointing.

Hey, we're getting plenty of new characters!
The children of the MK9 cast!

mdsfx

A third of the roster are new characters.
The way they were discussing new characters gave me the same impression, that most of the characters would be new. I know people have their favorites, but this franchise could use new characters badly in my opinion.

Compbros

The way they were discussing new characters gave me the same impression, that most of the characters would be new. I know people have their favorites, but this franchise could use new characters badly in my opinion.

The only thing they ever really said was "most new characters of any MK" and it's just under that with 8 vs. Deception's 9. They never spoke of half the cast being new or anything of the sort.

Thores

The only thing they ever really said was "most new characters of any MK" and it's just under that with 8 vs. Deception's 9. They never spoke of half the cast being new or anything of the sort.

Deadly Alliance had 11. So MKX's number isn't even close, really. Not close enough to make that claim, anyway.

Compbros

Deadly Alliance had 11. So MKX's number isn't even close, really.

DA then, what have you, we still don't have the final base roster nor the dlc characters. Regaardless, they never said it'd be a ridiculous amount of new characters and these characters seem good as opposed to the post-MK4 nonsense we got. The mix of new to old is fine for me including having descendants/children and the ancestors/parents playable.

Thores

DA then, what have you, we still don't have the final base roster nor the dlc characters. Regaardless, they never said it'd be a ridiculous amount of new characters and these characters seem good as opposed to the post-MK4 nonsense we got. The mix of new to old is fine for me including having descendants/children and the ancestors/parents playable.
Ed Boon said it'd be the most new characters of any Mortal Kombat game (like you just mentioned yourself), which implies at least 12. That is a ridiculous amount, and one I was really excited by after seeing how cool the first batch of newcomers was.

It's true we don't have the final roster officially announced yet, but a lot of us are currently basing our expectations off the rumored list leaked recently. It consists entirely of more MK9 veterans, Shinnok, and no additional newcomers besides Erron Black. If it's wrong I'll gladly accept that, but so far it's only been increasingly correct.

Also, the PR announcement for DLC mentioned that the Kombat Pack would consist of "classic and guest characters". That makes it appear unlikely that they're going to introduce any characters by those means.

Compbros

Ed Boon said it'd be the most new characters of any Mortal Kombat game (like you just mentioned yourself), which implies at least 12. That is a ridiculous amount, and one I was really excited by after seeing how cool the first batch of newcomers was.

It's true we don't have the final roster officially announced yet, but a lot of us are currently basing our expectations off the rumored list leaked recently. It consists entirely of more MK9 veterans, Shinnok, and no additional newcomers besides Erron Black. If it's wrong I'll gladly accept that, but so far it's only been increasingly correct.

Also, the PR announcement for DLC mentioned that the Kombat Pack would consist of "classic and guest characters". That makes it appear unlikely that they're going to introduce any characters by those means.

By ridiculous amount I meant the "most of the cast new" that some people have said. That to me is ridiculous. 33 percent could be seen as a ridiculous amount, it's really just a difference in how you define the term "ridiculous" in this context.

Even so, why be disappointed before it's even set in stone? For all we know they could be showing off 24 slots and there could be 6 unlockable new characters or something. Once you know all the playable characters in the game and you want to be disappointed by not having 12/13 new characters then be my guest, but when we still don't know at least 6 of the characters that are playable for sure then why be disappointed?

The PR from NRS/Boon was also "the most new characters of any MK", if that doesn't turn out to be the fact then there's nothing to say that new characters won't be including. There's also nothing to say that the Kombat Pack is the only DLC characters we're getting for MKX.

Top Bottom