• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X koming to mobile too

nampad

You would have never gotten a Vita version of this game. That there was one for the last one is a miracle.

How was MK9 Vita a miracle? It released early on the lifecycle where the bombing of the platform was not certain. And after that, we still got Injustice, which might be called miracle.

Skab

It looks like a generic Shirai Ryu goon.

Was shown as a playable character, so it's not that.

Could very well be a 3rd Scorpion costume though. Kind of hard to tell though, since he is standing with his back to us right before he gets hit, so you can't really see what his idle stance is.

Xater

How was MK9 Vita a miracle? It released early on the lifecycle where the bombing of the platform was not certain. And after that, we still got Injustice, which might be called miracle.

Miracle in the sense of them making that engine somewhat work on the Vita.

Ummm, have you seen gameplay footage of this at all?

I have seen enough of MKX to know not to pick it up. After a decade of MK disappointments I believed that 2011's MK was going back to its roots. Oh boy, was I wrong. I'm not falling for this again.

Sayad

Why can't we just get a real fast paced Mortal Kombat with a run mechanic and unique character combo system like MK3, instead of this new stuff? I would be more than happy with a UMK3 remastered.
What's the difference between MK3's combo system and MKX's?!

Manu

I have seen enough of MKX to know not to pick it up. After a decade of MK disappointments I believed that 2011's MK was going back to its roots. Oh boy, was I wrong. I'm not falling for this again.

So you'd rather get an MK game that plays like 1 or 2 instead of MK9?

Sayad

Pre-set combos for each character.
Umm, both MK9 and MKX have preset combos!

And they're not going back to their roots because their roots were shit! They won't be able to sell a game that plays as bad as MK3 today. MK9 isn't by any means the pinnacle of fighting games design, but it's by far the best in the series, both as competitive fighting game and as whole package.

I keep forgetting this is coming to the last gen systems, which makes me happy as I have another reason to hold off on upgrading. Already got Alien: Isolation and soon The Evil Within, so I'm into with this.

i wonder who this is supposed to be:

bRBSl2d.png

We also get a full look at Reptile's and Ermac's alts in the trailer.

Its Scorpion just from a wierd angle, some fucked up coloring

Code:
[IMG]http://s14.postimg.org/49unnbksh/Screen_shot_2015_03_02_at_15_56_51.png[/IMG]

edit: oh shit, his arms are exposed in taht 1 but not this one, it looks too close to be Scorpion to not be Scorpion, maybe its his variation alt

btw this the exact same as Injustice, look at how the dmg is showing

vg260

Yup, as expected. This nonsense is the worst:

Once launched, players who own the forthcoming console or PC versions of the game will be able to unlock content in the mobile game and vice versa by signing up for a WB Play account and completing tasks and achievements within each version.

I don't want to play a crappy mobile grind-fest to unlock content in a console game.

Quit wasting my time and let me access stuff in the game I paid for without having to play something else.

Manu

I don't want to play a crappy mobile grind-fest to unlock content in a console game.

Quit wasting my time and let me access stuff in the game I paid for without having to play something else.

Yeah, it really is.

Also, not every zone got WBID integration for Injustice. I know we didn't here in Argentina. There's a bunch of skins that can only be unlocked that way.

You'd think they'd at least sell them as DLC on areas without the option, but nope.

vg260

Yeah, it really is.

Also, not every zone got WBID integration for Injustice. I know we didn't here in Argentina. There's a bunch of skins that can only be unlocked that way.

You'd think they'd at least sell them as DLC on areas without the option, but nope.

Well, they actually did offer them as DLC but not until at last a year after I think.

Not really surprising considering that they already made like five games for mobile already. All of them "fighting" games.

.la1n

Between this and the fight pass pricing it really feels like WB is going out of it's way to ensure I lose interest in playing the game on launch.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Not a straight-up fighting game.

Mortal Kombat X is coming to mobile devices, but not as a regular fighting game—instead, it’s a free-to-play fighting/card battle game.

The game will include a hybrid of fighting, card collecting, and multiplayer team combat. A number of characters that are in the regular version of Mortal Kombat X on PC and consoles will be present, including Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden.

Mortal Kombat X for mobile will be available on iOS and Android devices sometime this April. Meanwhile, Mortal Kombat X itself is scheduled for an April 14th release.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/0...ile-version-card-battles/#CD646Ofi3sjgvWV4.99

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Don't get your hopes up:
1)it's a f2p card/fighting game
2)i don't see energy bars in the video, so i doubt that the gameplay will be the real deal

Oh no....

I hope that this game doesn't have costumes for the console version that you can only unlock by playing the mobile version. Injustice had this exact same thing. Thing is, certain costumes in the console version of Injustice could only be unlocked by playing the Injustice mobile app; costumes like the fucking Batman Beyond costume.

I'm not sure if the Injustice mobile costumes eventually became DLC for the consoles, but I hope I don't have to grind for hours mindlessly tapping my phone's screen in order to get the MK1 Scorpion costume.

Zubz

Banned
Oh no....

I hope that this game doesn't have costumes for the console version that you can only unlock by playing the mobile version. Injustice had this exact same thing. Thing is, certain costumes in the console version of Injustice could only be unlocked by playing the Injustice mobile app; costumes like the fucking Batman Beyond costume.

I'm not sure if the Injustice mobile costumes eventually became DLC for the consoles, but I hope I don't have to grind for hours mindlessly tapping my phone's screen in order to get the MK1 Scorpion costume.

IIRC, all 3 mobile costumes were in the Complete Version, making this another reason to just wait for this games' Komplete Edition.

Also, maybe it's just me, but even though I know it's just the Mobile Injustice with a new skin, the idea that this game'd reach mobile systems before the Wii U just irked me. Forget the Vita; the Wii U's just as strong as the other consoles!

Thores

i wonder who this is supposed to be:

bRBSl2d.png

That's almost definitely a mobile-exclusive costume for Takeda. Check out the things on his forearms; those are probably what he keeps his Omega Red wires in. This is likely his "ninja costume" or something.

IIRC, all 3 mobile costumes were in the Complete Version, making this another reason to just wait for this games' Komplete Edition.
That's incorrect. Injustice Ultimate Edition has every costume except for the mobile unlocks.

RM8

Back in the day, it made business sense to port fighting games to handhelds (even if you had to pretty much make the game for scratch - we had Deadly Alliance on GBA and MK4! hardware disparity was not even an issue). Now? We get F2P card "fighters" at best :( Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy plenty of games on mobile, but this is not a trend I appreciate.

Came in hoping "mobile" might include Vita.

Leaving sad :(

*Facepalm* And we are done here.

Nothing he said was wrong. MK9 has preset combos.

And MK's roots are pretty rough. MK1 was a gimmick that sold a game. MKII was the logical extension of that gimmick. MK3 was absolute shit.

Doesn't mean the games weren't fun though.
Besides MK3 which, as we discussed, was shit.

Zubz

Banned
That's incorrect. Injustice Ultimate Edition has every costume except for the mobile unlocks.

Oh. That's disheartening, to me at least. It took at least a month for that Batman Beyond skin, and I never got Prisoner Superman. I'm really hoping the mobile-exclusive skins aren't anything cool, like Klassic Outfits or something.

Manu

Yeah, I think the mobile Injustice had some "exclusive" characters who just reused animations from the main game.

But if he's in, I really like what I can see of his design.

Robcat

Banned
Hopefully it's the real game. I played a lot of street fighter 4 on mobile and the touch controls were pretty good. Controller support would be great for all the people with android boxes.

Top Bottom