• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

tumblr_n8qd2nuPzw1qd62wro1_500.png

"with tears in our eyes, we send our precious daughter, lucina, off to super smash bros., where we hope she will stay out of trouble and make lots of new friends"

Hell yeah Hell yeah Hell yeah

PK, you and your art-dumps are wonderful.

Thanks!

I'm working on it :p

Lunar15

There's something about smash reveals that make me go "Wow, I can't believe this character is in smash now" while also feeling like that person has always been in smash. It's a weird feeling.

There's something about smash reveals that make me go "Wow, I can't believe this character is in smash now" while also feeling like that person has always been in smash. It's a weird feeling.
I know what you mean. I keep looking at Robin's character are thinking how weird it is, but at the same time I feel like I watched the reveal trailer weeks ago.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Now that we've talked quite profusely about today's shenanigans.....

Anyone care to guess tonight's PoTD?

[QUOTE="D";121081591]Now that we've talked quite profusely about today's shenanigans.....

Anyone care to guess tonight's PoTD?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully another pic of Captain Falcon.

Zubz

Banned
[QUOTE="D";121081591]Now that we've talked quite profusely about today's shenanigans.....

Preferably more info on Lucina confirming/denying how close she is to Marth playstyle-wise, but it'll likely just explain how Robin's tomes work.

Blood Falcon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Sort of hope Sakurai throws a curve-ball like yesterday before going into the Robin/Falcon/Lucina stuff later this week.

Would love a new stage.

Why does Chrom look way better than Lucina.

Because he was playable and Lucina was Robin's Final Smash, but to screw over Sal Romano he demoted Chrom and quickly copypasted Marth's moveset over to Lucina so she could take his place.

I just read this in an email from a trusted source, so you can believe it.

exfatal

Because he was playable and Lucina was Robin's Final Smash, but to screw over Sal Romano he demoted Chrom and quickly copypasted Marth's moveset over to Lucina so she could take his place.

sounds legit

ffdgh

So basically....Chrom is actually Alfonzo.

nerdbot

This conversation was a few pages back, but I really don't think Dark Pit will be playable, honestly. He's just not really distinct enough from Pit because they're just the exact same guy in the exact same outfit. Lucina looks to be a Marth clone but she's visibly distinct from him, same with all the other previous clones. Dark Pit literally originates from a Brawl palette swap of Pit. And when you consider that if Dark Pit was to be his own character, he'd have to have palette swaps too, it'd get reallyyyy messy.

At best he's just an alternate thing for Pit with unique vocal dialogue, but my gut feeling is that the scene at the end of Palutena's trailer was just...a weird thing that happened? Perhaps a tease towards the inevitable Pit/Palutena codec equivalents with Viridi, Hades and friends?

Beelzebufo suggested almost the exact same thing earlier, and I think he was serious.

Kriken

Is the trusted source a Japanese Expert?

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Preferably more info on Lucina confirming/denying how close she is to Marth playstyle-wise, but it'll likely just explain how Robin's tomes work.

Hoping for this as well. I'm gonna step out on a limb and say we get another veteran reveal....cause this hype train DON"T NEED TO STOP

4zURC98.gif

Will there be a pic of the day tonight? When was Robin's pic of the day uploaded in Japan? Are we sure that wasn't Tuesday already then?

EDIT: Either way I really hope we get some info on what Lucina's deal is fast. That's not a subject I'd like to see kept open.

because its a shot where she isnt suppose to be expressing anything, her 3DS model is literally her WiiU model people, lets not act lie their different.

Maybe it's just a consequence of the lighting, but in shots like this:
screen-5.jpg

Her face looks so blank. Compare:
screen-10.jpg

Again, I'm sure you're right about the models, but for whatever reason, of the screenshots we have, she looks more expressive in the 3DS ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom