• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Ant-Sized Look at ANT-MAN Trailer, Full Size to Premiere w/ Agent Carter on 1/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that if there is unjustified hate (and there is plenty) it is matched, sometimes exceeded by insane hyperbole. Marvel doesn't shit gold, far from it. There is bad and good in then MCU. Overall it pans out and is kind of average.
I think what you're missing here is that you're giving your subjective rating of the films. The people who are hyped love the movies, style and Feige's vision and dont necessarily consider the franchise to be 'average'.

Cheebo

Banned
I think what you're missing here is that you're giving your subjective rating of the films. The people who are hyped love the movies, style and Feige's vision and dont necessarily consider the franchise to be 'average'.
Feign doesn't have a vision or a style he is a producer. A money man.

CloudWolf

They're still annoyed that nobody is ever going to see an Edgar Wright film.

Everybody's already seen an Edgar Wright film, it was just disguised as a Steven Spielberg movie. Wright and Cornish wrote the screenplay for The Adventures of Tintin.

Anyway, no one is complaining about people not getting to see a Wright film, it's just that Wright has a very unique style. Even in The Adventures of Tintin you could see his unique style seeping through and he only wrote the screenplay for that one. Wright's style was one of the main reasons why people were so hyped for Ant-Man to start with and losing Wright means losing that unique style of filmmaking. Lilly even says that in the interview with Buzzfeed.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
1290165886_rsd4rn.gif

Can they afford to be cute promoting this really

Yes, they can.

I feel like it's new cool thing to hate.

New?

Feign doesn't have a vision or a style he is a producer. A money man.
I didn't say he had a style. He's the one who plots out the overarching story, characters and themes, James Gunn called him his biggest collaborator on Guardians. He has planned his story past what we know and chooses which films and characters exist in this universe for the purpose of the story. We're not going to call that having a vision?

Hmm...so are they actually showing a full length trailer or is it just gonna be a regular sized teaser? People are saying trailer but it only talks about a teaser in the video.

I don't know how Ryan Reynolds got to headline so much shit over Rudd, Reynolds was only good in Lars and The Real Girl.

Is this a new meme? I could swear i saw pretty much the same post in another thread recently. Might have been the same poster though. :)

BadAss2961

Paul Rudd is gold in just about anything. He is so underrated.

I don't know how Ryan Reynolds got to headline so much shit over Rudd, Reynolds was only good in Lars and The Real Girl.
Probably because Rudd might be even less funny and also looks like a total sap.

Okay so I'm guessing it really will be an actual trailer. Kinda strange that it's full screen but I'm guessing that just to emphasize the "Human-Size" for this teaser.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Evangeline Lilly looks like Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite in one shot.

EDIT: Lilly kicking ass

tumblr_nhm3cmmByO1u04yxso2_500.gif

He's gonna shrink and run right beneath that door and grow back on the other side and do god knows what else and the camera is gonna follow him the whole way. People are not ready for an Ant-Man action sequence.

Oh fuck, can you imagine a oner where the camera just follows Ant-Man for like five minutes as he blasts through Pym Industries in his escape, taking down goons and bolting through security systems all while shrinking and growing?

Holy fuck, that'd be amazing.

Neoxon

Oh fuck, can you imagine a oner where the camera just follows Ant-Man for like five minutes as he blasts through Pym Industries in his escape, taking down goons and bolting through security systems all while shrinking and growing?

vUrM6u9.gif

I'm hoping you haven't set my expectations too high now

overcast

Oh yeah, of course. I was responding to somebody calling out people who aren't big fans of MCU elitists. It's all subjective at the end of the day. All opinions.

Korten

Banned
Any think there are chances Lang will also become Giant-man or do you think he will stick with Ant-man for the entire movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom