• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

New webcast every Tuesday at ~5pm

k7m6AFY.png

57CZA2b.png

2cWia2G.png

yLsH6kV.png

mmXq4Cs.png

nmttbLt.png

j4YFb8q.png

nmttbLt.png

H419mGC.png

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9||Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14|[May14||Jun14||Jul14||Aug14||Sep14||Oct14||Nov14||Dec14||Jan15||Feb15||Mar15|

Seda

Inuyasha: The Final Act: June 6th
Kill La Kill: July 25th
Sword Art Online II: September 5th
Attack On Titan: September 12th
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BBboy20

Like, he didn't even shoot the person's character. He shot the image of the character on a virtual TV.

... and there was like a 15 second delay before anything happened as a result of it.
Dr_Hax_Tribute_by_Xtermination.jpg

I will concede "people who like this are stupid" statements are a bit much (thankfully we've pulled back on that since the midpoint of last season I feel) but I can at least understand the high frustration of being perplexed by the popularity of something one personally finds to be anywhere from outright bad to downright offensive.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers syndrome, I swear. I still don't get how people I known for years who share the same tastes, have very valid opinions somehow don't see what we see. It's quite literally the devil's anime because it seems like we're the only ones here who actually see this shit.

I also think part of it is due to the squandered potential - people (me included) tend to become more annoyed when we can see that with some number of fixes (some minor, some major) a show/IP could be legitimately good. Something that is irredeemable tends to produce fewer negative reactions than something that could be good in the hands of a better writer, artist, etc. but instead we get the mess we have now.
That potential was negated the moment people kind of stop reacting like real people would when they're stuck in a video game for too long and could die inside of it. Was nuked the moment our heroes started thinking kindly to mass murderers and not burning virtual crime scenes to the ground. Basically looking at the tragedy as a legacy instead of a crime.

Grexeno

Inuyasha: The Final Act: June 6th
Kill La Kill: July 25th
Sword Art Online II: September 5th
Attack On Titan: September 12th
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sailor Moon Crystal replacing Final Act will probably be the Momocon announcement. It just fits in timing wise too well.

Jarate

Banned
Ping Pong dub is coming out the 26th of June, would love to see that replace Kill La Kill

Also, the fibro myalgia I got ruined my post totals

I vow to shit post more

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I will probably catch up on SAO 2 tonight, assuming it's up on Adult Swim. Not until after Flash and SHIELD though.

daveo42

Banned
And guess most people don't know there's a DragonBall OT...
edit:whoops for got to add "know" :p

They either have issues with searching for things or have never ventured into the community tabs in either Gaming or OT. It took me maybe six months before I even ventured into the community threads at all.

Jarate

Banned
The tone of the dragonball ot is also much different then the tones of those who post in the offtopic forum

It's interesting to see Dragonball get popular again, and I really hope that it allows for another series again. Toriyama can make a fun adventure at least, and while he doesnt care about lore as much as the fans do, we know he's still capable.

People like to compare him to George Lucas which is a sham. George Lucas practically annihilated the Star Wars brand util he sold it, Toriyama never did that, and really, for as much shit as people give the Buu saga, it's still a really good shonen arc.

The tone of the dragonball ot is also much different then the tones of those who post in the offtopic forum

It's interesting to see Dragonball get popular again, and I really hope that it allows for another series again. Toriyama can make a fun adventure at least, and while he doesnt care about lore as much as the fans do, we know he's still capable.

People like to compare him to George Lucas which is a sham. George Lucas practically annihilated the Star Wars brand util he sold it, Toriyama never did that, and really, for as much shit as people give the Buu saga, it's still a really good shonen arc.

You seem to imply there was a time where DB/DBZ was ever not popular

ckohler

Lol! Tenchi GXP is officially one of Toonami's biggest fails. Gill and Jason said they totally accept all blame for making such a terrible choice. They hate the show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow...that's honestly surprising (well okay, maybe not, but just surprising to hear it directly from them). Did they make like a top 5 or something? I wouldn't mind hearing what the runner-ups were.

ckohler

Gil and Jason’s list of biggest fails:

• 1. Getting Cancelled
  • 2. Tom 4's Design
  • 3. Airing Hamtaro
  • 4. Airing Tenchi GXP
  • 5. Toonami Klik-Street Skating Competition
  • 6. Airing Wulin Warriors: Legend of the Seven Stars

Toonami Fans list of biggest fails:

• 1. Getting Cancelled
  • 2. Airing Bobobo-bo bo-bobo (they disagree)
  • 3. Moving from 4PM to Saturaday
  • 4. Losing right to Inuyasha (they disagree)
  • 5. Not airing Yu-Yu Hakusho

Seda

I keep forgetting about these Pre-Flight air times...

Oh good, I tuned in to a shot of Ginyu's booty.

Jason told me "Tuesdays at 3pm" on Twitter, but I think it's "Tuesdays at 5pm" now.

For those who aren't aware, here's how 'Pre-Flight' works. It's basically an endlessly repeating stream at http://www.adultswim.com/videos/astv/toonami-pre-flight . The bar at the bottom is like a rolling 4 minute "window" in which you have a little wiggle room, but otherwise you seemingly can't really jump to various timestamps at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom