• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What the actual damn hell at Bo-Bobo being NUMBER 2 at top fails via fans. That was one of the funniest shows that I watched as a kid. I fully understand that it's not for everyone & the randomness of it can get tiresome for others, but as a top FAIL? Hell no, there's so much worse. At least DeMarco disagrees.

Edit: How is "airing DBZ Kai" #5 at top Adult Swim fails?!

Raxus

What the actual damn hell at Bo-Bobo being NUMBER 2 at top fails via fans. That was one of the funniest shows that I watched as a kid. I fully understand that it's not for everyone & the randomness of it can get tiresome for others, but as a top FAIL? Hell no, there's so much worse.

The fact Wulin Warriors didn't make the list shows how selective fans memories are.

I honest to goodness thought it was an April Fool's joke when the commerical aired.

Losing YuYu is pretty spot on considering HxH 2011 aired and is in dub limbo now. 2 REALLY good shonen anime going by the wayside.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
What the actual damn hell at Bo-Bobo being NUMBER 2 at top fails via fans. That was one of the funniest shows that I watched as a kid. I fully understand that it's not for everyone & the randomness of it can get tiresome for others, but as a top FAIL? Hell no, there's so much worse. At least DeMarco disagrees.

Edit: How is "airing DBZ Kai" #5 at top Adult Swim fails?!

I think I can answer this one because either we didn't get the original slow ass version or because it deprived the world of Fairy Tail on Toonami or even because the show is too old.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you misreading "5. Toonami Klik-Street Skating Competition" ?
See this list:

bed0a.png

Though actually, I don't remember that Skating Competition. What made it considered a fail?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I wish we could throw Sword Art Online in the failure pile but if that were true then Season 2 would not be a thing we are currently dealing with.

Jarate

Banned
Bobobobo was awesome, but didnt really vibe wih americans liking of Anime

Americans want edgy anime filled with darkness and vlood and dont really take to lighthearted shows well. The lighthearted shows appeal to a bigger crowd perse, but anime has such a bad rap among casual fans that even with something like One Piece will be seen as shit automatically. The Niche anime fans are the ones that still wear Jack Skellington shirts and love Kingdom Hearts and wear fingerless gloves

I think there's a lot more nerd interest now, but nerds dont often watch Tv anymore as nerds generally have tastes taht go against TV's need to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and also, the anime fans that arent into edgy shit generally prefer the anime to be subbed rather then dubbed.

e4cff.png

6056b.png

For the entire week of March 23-29, 2015 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 4 percent in total viewership (1.171 million vs. 1.220 million) and down 4 percent among Adults 18-49 (693,000 vs. 724,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 4 percent in total viewership (1.171 million vs. 1.216 million) and up 2 percent among Adults 18-49 (693,000 vs. 679,000) from the same week one year ago (March 24-30, 2014).

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-r...ame-regional-final-achieves-best-numbers-tbs/

Raxus

March Madness? Really I dunno why they did so 'badly' this week.

DBZ still brings the fire even during down periods.

Shippuden getting the lowest ratings it (currently) in the block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd totally be up for OP & Shippiden switching slots. Would mean I could go to sleep a bit earlier instead of keeping myself awake doing something while waiting for OP.

Raxus

Bobobobo was awesome, but didnt really vibe wih americans liking of Anime

Americans want edgy anime filled with darkness and vlood and dont really take to lighthearted shows well.
It's a damn shame too since the strongest shows in the last anime season was Shirobako, a slice of anime about making anime and Death Parade which is a psychological thriller.

Seda

Well, since the cut to 3.5 hours, One Piece hasn't 'beat Shippuden' until this.

Including this it beat the preceding timeslot 3 of 8 times (Gurren Lagann twice, Shippuden once)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's a damn shame too since the strongest shows in the last anime season was Shirobako, a slice of anime about making anime and Death Parade which is a psychological thriller.
Seriously. I'd love to see more Shirobako (or Bakuman) style shows. Hell, I'm kind of surprised there isn't a manga or anime about the making of games.

Also yes, Death Parade was great. Though I think it'd be for the best if they kept it twelve episodes since it's a great idea, but I'd hate to see it run into the group/past its prime.

They basically said "Hamataro is a good show, its just not a Toonami show"

And Shippuden is in an extended filler arc which is probably its not done as well as it has. Its ratings will probably pick up once it gets back to canon

Jarate

Banned
One Piece is seemingly not doing well with adults aged 18-49 which is the "target demographic" for Toonami

Prolly means a lot of kids are watching it, which is really strange to me, but One Piece is very cartoony and fun and might appeal to younger anime fans

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They basically said "Hamataro is a good show, its just not a Toonami show"
Totally understandable. I know people like the show, but it seriously stuck out when compared to other shows, even now.

One Piece is seemingly not doing well with adults aged 18-49 which is the "target demographic" for Toonami

Prolly means a lot of kids are watching it, which is really strange to me, but One Piece is very cartoony and fun and might appeal to younger anime fans
So you're saying that One Piece is appealing 4 kids.

Though yeah, I totally got into One Piece as a kid when it was on Fox Box or whatever it was called.

Can't help but point this out, but the fuckkkkkkkkk at 8:30's One Piece.
DAMN, I didn't even notice that. Stupid filler. Why would you start airing airing repeats with the FILLER EPISODES?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also, I am being told that the Kid's Choice Awards it to blame for the ratings of DBZ Kai and One Piece being on so there.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Also, I am being told that the Kid's Choice Awards it to blame for the ratings of DBZ Kai and One Piece being on so there.

Why is that still even a thing?
"Kid's Choice" my ass. If it was really was, Spongebob would have stopped winning years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom