• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Please please please let that news about Anno working on a new Godzilla not be an april fools joke.
The last 30 minutes will be Godzilla contemplating what he was fighting for all this time, to which afterwards all the monsters will congratulate him..........only to discover that him & Mothra are the last two living things on Earth because Mecha King Ghidorah destroyed everything.

hasnt it been going on for like 2 years now?

Monthly manga which means only 11-12 chapters get released a year. The original anime covered 34 chapters in 25 episodes when at the time there was about 40 chapters worth of content. Chapter 67 came out in March of this year so they're very close to having the same amount of content to adapt. They've basically said S2 will be 2016 which based upon how the story is developing there should be a good stopping spot for the second anime season in the next couple of manga chapters depending on how things play out.

Seda

Says the guy with the shocked looking green rabbit.

tSX45o6.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
watched SAO 2 first episode

Eh.

Seems like a super contrived setup. We'll see how it goes.

Was cringing through the entire conversation between Kirito and Asuna on the park bench.

Crocodile

TBF WIT was basically going to go out of business and was only saved by the fact that AoT became the golden goose.

Also I'm interested in seeing who licenses both Rinne and Arslan, the former seems like the kind of show Viz would pick up especially with it being done by the InuYasha author. That's another show that could easily be Toonami bound in the next 2-3 years if it does well enough.

*double checks some things*

Studio WIT was founded in June 2012 (I think as an offshoot of Production I.G.). Attack on Titan was the first TV anime they are credited for as Animation Production and premiered in April 2013. Considering it takes months to make anime that's pretty much an actually rushed timeline (especially since I heard rumors that they were barely done unpacking and moving into their offices and whatnot by the time Titan was about to start). The only credits they have as a studio before AoT came out was as Production Assistance for an episode of on Robotic;Notes. How was the Studio in danger of going out of business before AoT when AoT was basically the first thing they did as a studio?

As for that new work by Inuyasha's author, is it any better than Inuyasha. I've grown to have less and less patience for Inuyasha as the years have gone by. I don't hate it but it certainly not something I feel particularly positive about anymore.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still laughing that Nintendo is going to release a totally legit Nintendo Direct......on April Fool's day.
"Hey so we're FINALLY gonna localize Mother 3 & put it on the Wii U VC right after this Direct is HAHAHAHAHAH JUST KIDDING LULZ APRIL FOOLS, PLEASE UNDERSTAND"

*double checks some things*

Studio WIT was founded in June 2012 (I think as an offshoot of Production I.G.). Attack on Titan was the first TV anime they are credited for as Animation Production and premiered in April 2013. Considering it takes months to make anime that's pretty much an actually rushed timeline (especially since I heard rumors that they were barely done unpacking and moving into their offices and whatnot by the time Titan was about to start). The only credits they have as a studio before AoT came out was as Production Assistance for an episode of on Robotic;Notes. How was the Studio in danger of going out of business before AoT when AoT was basically the first thing they did as a studio?

As for that new work by Inuyasha's author, is it any better than Inuyasha. I've grown to have less and less patience for Inuyasha as the years have gone by. I don't hate it but it certainly not something I feel particularly positive about anymore.

The whole "going to close thing" is what I've just heard/read over the years, I honestly have no idea if it's true I just accepted it as fact. If it's wrong I apologize for spreading misinformation as I can't find anything that mentions what I posted above

Missed your question about Rinne croc, I have no idea as I've not actually read Rinne. If I like the anime enough I'll pick up the manga.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh, I have no idea what Adult Swim's "prank" is. Some coins imposed on the screen, then a "Coin Hunt" thing popped up.

Also, instead of Robot Chicken, it's Aqua Teen Hunger Force with a green thing from the moon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All I could think of was that fish show where they'd keep track of fish swimming in certain locations where super-imposed things were.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hope Toonami lasts to 2018, that's the next possible year they can do April Fool's.

Coin Hunt is a Fish Center bit. There's even a live simulcast on fishcenter.com, according to the bump that set this all up.

for those of you who don't know, FishCenter is one of Adult Swim's new live shows from the website.
They play a game in the beginning that involve their fish and coins.

I guess that's what this joke is + the benefit of an ATHF marathon.

Zubz

Banned

Honestly, if this is how they start this off, I'm not expecting it to go anywhere. That's kinda disappointing; I wouldn't've even minded a repeat of last year. I was feeling some Space Ghost lately.

So... 3 years until Toonami can do an April Fools of its own? That should be pretty fun to see!

Is this the first time Adult Swim has had "live" bumps?

Edit: Though I guess they could have done the score keeping earlier, so maybe they aren't in real-time.

Zubz

Banned
I'm not gonna lie, I was half-hoping that they'd position the coins in such a way each time so that no character would ever hit the coins.

Anyway, I guess this is the best we're gonna get. My money's on Frylock winning, since he's the only one that moves around regularly. And has anyone tried calling that Fishcenter number?

EDIT: Well, at least something's happening on Twitter! They're just denying that ATHF is playing instead of the regular schedule and disavowing Fish Center as a show that exists, but it's something!

BBboy20

That is some legit dancing.

God damn I miss this show.
Same.

Wow, I actually remember that.

Please please please let that news about Anno working on a new Godzilla not be an april fools joke.
O_O

SAO Abridged inevitably exists right

is it any good
Yes.

No.

Well, after 10 years, I'm back on Netflix just in time for some Marvhal, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom