• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X is the biggest launch in MK history

333333333333333333333qhu9q.png

888888888888888888888ylur5.png

bgbgbgbgbgbgbkfu78.png

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/588532962343391232

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Kongrats indeed. Going by the other tweets, he's probably including mobile numbers too, which is a F2P, so of course it had potential for many downloads in a short amount of time...but I'm pretty sure the console (and PC) version is doing quite better than the already great MK debut on PS3 and 360, so...again, kongrats :D

Kinsei

Banned
Good for them. It's nice that the best game in the series was rewarded with the best launch sales in the series.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Biggest amount of anti consumer bullshit in MK history too. But hey at least the game is good.

Yes I'm still very much salty about Goro not coming with my copy.

Is an optimization patch coming to the PC version tho? The issues have been solved, but performance is still lackluster.

Dat CPU intensive gaem... :(

Algebrah

Is an optimization patch coming to the PC version tho? The issues have been solved, but performance is still lackluster.

Dat CPU intensive gaem... :(

This. I adore this game when it works but there are issues. I honestly don't know what to think of the NetCode on PC yet. I've gotten through 70‰ matches without a issue.

Kill3r7

Good for them though not surprising given the excellent pre-order numbers mentioned by several posters in the know.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
oh please
what is anti-consumer about it?
What's anti consumer about locking content already on the disc, and even having said content advertised for you to buy on the character select screen? I wonder. I bought the game new. I should have the full game, but I don't. It's as anti consumer as it gets.

Absolutely ridiculous that people defend this. Evolve got no such treatment, but because MK is a game people actually hyped, cared about and wanted to like it doesn't get the same treatment as Evolve.

Really having a lot of fun of with so far. Most of the characters are very cool to play with and for someone who by no means a fighting game expert, it feels very approachable yet also leaves a lot of room to get better. I feel like NRS has really steadily improved on their art as well, really like the designs in this. Glad to see it is successful out of the gate.

What's anti consumer about locking content already on the disc, and even having said content advertised for you to buy on the character select screen? I wonder. I bought the game new. I should have the full game, but I don't. It's as anti consumer as it gets.

Absolutely ridiculous that people defend this.
Its shitty but sadly this is the norm nowadays, can't fault netherealm for something out of their control. Besides that all the other micro transactions are optional and don't affect gameplay.

Endo Punk

It's the first brand new multiplatform fighter on the new gen so not surprised. Unfortunately what did surprise me is that NR took that as an opportunity to be as anti consumer as possible. Simply despicable that they are rewarded for it.

locking a character with a pre-order is a good start

Yeah, if Goro were available to anyone who purchased a new copy of the game but you had to pay for him if you bought it used (like the Catwoman DLC in Arkham City), I wouldn't have a problem with it. But making one of the most iconic characters in the series a pre-order bonus is pretty gross. I have a pretty big issue with pre-order bonuses in general, but this is a major character being locked behind it, not a costume or something similar, so I have an even bigger problem with it.

DR2K

Banned
And it didn't even come out on a Mortal Monday.

It came out Monday at 11pm for me.

This is the first time I can easily say MK is up there with the other top tier fighters engine wise. So well deserved.

Yeah, if Goro were available to anyone who purchased a new copy of the game but you had to pay for him if you bought it used (like the Catwoman DLC in Arkham City), I wouldn't have a problem with it. But making one of the most iconic characters in the series a pre-order bonus is pretty gross. I have a pretty big issue with pre-order bonuses in general, but this is a major character being locked behind it, not a costume or something similar, so I have an even bigger problem with it.

People that preordered paid nothing for Goro. I believe it also came in some day 1 copies. Goro is iconic, but he's rarely been playable. Was there some reason you couldn't preorder? It's not like it was a retailer exclusive.

Dicer

Banned
Praise can be handed out when they fix all the shit that's broken, until then I'll hold my applause for them...

Also, goro/krypt the general paywall of this release is kinda gross.

Algebrah

Yeah I dont quite click with Takeda. This is the first game I have actually liked Johnny Cage and Liu Kang.

Yeah me too. His design and moves look awesome but he seems to leave himself exposed a little too often. Also, I just don't think his damage is where it should be.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah. The annoying part is that Goro is actually really fun to play as. The game lets you play as him in one tower, just to basically tease you even more to get you to buy it. It's very scummy.

Santar

All the dlc and blatant advertising for it in the game has given me a bit of a sour aftertaste on MKX. It plays good but I mean the main menu doesn't even have the game name on it, all it has are three advertisement squares for dlc and stuff.
It's the typical modern game in that regard and it just saddens me that MK has become this.

Top Bottom