• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil Fan Created UE4 Environment Walkthrough Video

This footage - what do you think?

Results are only viewable after voting.
So it's fake ? :(

062uOzr.jpg

T_Exige

Argg ... I hope this is so real. Don't play with my emotions!

This was one of my most played PS1 games, those pumpkin fields and the ant world are still great memories. Also it was fun and frustrating at the same time, because the movement was weird, so jumping on those coffins was hard :(

GnawtyDog

Banned
I was wrong, it was 15:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-16-media-molecule-working-on-second-project

All it says about media molecule is that they're a mid-sized studio, the studio director actually said that she prefers the studio to remain small so they can be more risky & creative with their games.

MM being small is known. What it says about MM is its ability to craft creative games of quality and scope with minimal resources, aka maximizing the use of its resources. When you look at games like LittleBigPlanet (1 & 2) it's hard to conceive a group so small is able to pull a AAA product like that out the door. Same for Teraway.... that's what it says.

So it's fake ? :(

062uOzr.jpg

That doesn´t debunk anything. Quite the contrary. It´s a bad spanish translation. He basically says he is not seeking working for Sony or fame, that he only makes it for fun(the reveal, not the fake), but he still says on sunday we´ll see it´s real. In its day this person revealed "Siren" and "Nico" ("Next Ico" project) before official reveal too.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Haha, come join the fun Blue Eyes.

He's was permed at least a couple of times for trolling and insulting other gaffers back at the pre-Neo GAF days, so I wouldn't know about that.

He's the same person who leaked Nico and is known for being well connected. A bit of a dick, but he generally knows what he's talking about when it comes to games and leaks.

jimboton

Because it's inevitably going to turn out to be fake, and the longer everybody gets played then the more it'll hurt. I'd lap up a new MediEvil, but I'm not convinced this 'leak' is genuine.
I haven't kept up with the whole thread but making a game that plays and looks like a lighthearted version of Bloodborne and is based on one of their own IPs should be a no brainer for Sony. I'm going to remain stupidly optimistic for now.

Javier23

Banned
That doesn´t debunk anything. Quite the contrary. It´s a bad spanish translation. He basically says he is not seeking working for Sony or fame, that he only makes it for fun(the reveal, not the fake), but he still says on sunday we´ll see it´s real. In its day this person revealed "Siren" and "Nico" ("Next Ico" project) before official reveal too.
Wot? How do you make a reveal for fun or for work? He's saying he did the video for fun. I'm Spanish, btw, and I don't see how the language or the translation has anything to do with it. Plus, I believe he's trying to say that he already had his fifteen minutes of fame with Siren and Nico.

Wot? How do you make a reveal for fun or for work? He's saying he did the video for fun. I'm Spanish, btw, and I don't see how the language or the translation has anything to do with it. Plus, I believe he's trying to say that he already had his fifteen minutes of fame with Siren and Nico.

qwLIYdrpmg4Vy.gif

Harlequin

I thought he's saying he's doing the leak for fun (rather than fame). Not that he created the video for fun.

Ugh!?. Well, he is not claiming it to be fake like the strange google translation of the tweets could lead to think, so the translation is bad, period. About his reasons or logic, who knows. And yeah, he says he already had his 15 minutes of fame with Nico and Siren to debunk those who think he makes the reveal for fame.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

No, he actually said nothing about the video. He just said that he did it for fun, being carefuly obtuse about what he's talking about. He's being coy on purpose. Furthermore, he's asking people to wait for E3 in order to see if the video is real or not. He's basically playing with the lot of you.

It feels so weird to talk about blue eyes at neogaf after all these years. It's kind of impressive to see how his online persona remains basically the same. I butted heads with him back in the day at some other forums when I was still using a different name.

orioto

Good Art™
GAF is in denial ^^

To the guys who say the weird animation is normal for the character.. No, it's just really bad, and basically no work on it, precisely cause the guy worked on a nice 3D diorama (which is nothing incredible, again, when you see what people are doing with modern software), and he added super crappy animations to fake it after that.

I mean in a modern game, a character with a weird stiff walk will still have a really detailled animation, don't you think ?

NEO0MJ

Come on people, this is fake as hell. And why would Sony bother with this series again? They grew out of these games.

orioto

Good Art™
Confirmed, you have not played MediEvil before.

Oh no i didn't but still, style of animation and detailed and work put into it are two different things..

If you don't believe me when i say a modern high budget game will have even a character with a stiff animation super detailed..

Come on people, this is fake as hell. And why would Sony bother with this series again? They grew out of these games.

That, I do not agree with. This kind of thing would be a perfect digital release around the $20-$30 region. Plus, they still make quirky smaller-scale games with a sense of humour, like Tearaway, The Tomorrow Children and Sly Cooper. To say they grew out of this kind of thing is doing a disservice to Sony's incredibly broad catalogue.

Com_Raven

Everybody talks about the animation being "bad" (which I don't agree with- I think it fits the character)as a sure sign that it is fake, and was made by an amateur.

I am not sure I agree with that thinking- most engines these days will come with an animation setup for a human ready to go (or you can easily find it online), so he could walk like a normal human in that video. It seems that the slightly awkward way he walks is fully intentional to me.

Everybody talks about the animation being "bad" (which I don't agree with- I think it fits the character)as a sure sign that it is fake, and was made by an amateur.

I am not sure I agree with that thinking- most engines these days will come with an animation setup for a human ready to go (or you can easily find it online), so he could walk like a normal human in that video. It seems that the slightly awkward way he walks is fully intentional to me.

I think it's more to do with it looks like he's not making contact with the ground as he walks.

Evilisk

Yeah I'm not getting the complaints that he doesn't walk like a normal human. He isn't a human, he's a skeleton without skin or muscle that is lugging around armour, of course he's not going to walk like a real person.

I think it's more to do with it looks like he's not making contact with the ground as he walks.

This, this is the real problem. If you look at the gif where he's viewed from behind he looks like he's hovering

bidguy

Banned
is there a rehost somewhere ? seems like the video is private now

anyways, bloodborne wasnt enough to tip me over but medievil would be an instabuy. lets hope sony is smart enough

Harlequin

Honestly, that could just be due to this being an early build, though. The floor collision mesh simply hasn't been adjusted properly. I'm not a developer but I could very well see that sort of thing being something you leave until later.

Denzar

While the idea of a new MediEvil game makes me all giddy, I wonder what the dev team can do to make gameplay fresh and interesting again. I doubt that the tried and true MediEvil formula would work today.

Btw, what are GAF's thoughts on MediEvil 2? I remember it being shat on, back in the day...And I could never understand, loved that game.

While the idea of a new MediEvil game makes me all giddy, I wonder what the dev team can do to make gameplay fresh and interesting again. I doubt that the tried and true MediEvil formula would work today.

Btw, what are GAF's thoughts on MediEvil 2? I remember it being shat on, back in the day...And I could never understand, loved that game.

I always thought the scope should be expanded and sequels made a bit more open - kind of like the original Soul Reaver, so not fully 'open world', but still with plenty of room for exploration and mild Metroid-style backtracking.

I never played much of MediEvil 2, buy the way. As a side note, if the series does come back, does this mean we have another series with the abbreviation ME? Because after Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect this is going to be very confusing.

Medievil
in Playstation All Star Battle 2
!

I would be okay with this.

Top Bottom